LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: Hikers, walkers, crawlers 2/7-2/13

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: Hikers, walkers, crawlers 2/7-2/13
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, every one! Sorry for the late start again. I guess it is time to pass the mantle on. I don't seem to have the brain power and time to get this started every week. Does anyone want to take it over? If not, I guess this will be the last start for me.

I am still nursing a right arm that is limited. It has been three weeks now. Not fun.

I hope that others are doing better and are able to get out there and move!

What can you do today?
Karen

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the right arm. Looking forward to when that goes away for you!

One of us will start it next week. So far all I have been able to do today to move the body was put a few dishes in the DW this am while in the PC.

I also went to the docs which required leaving the power chair in the waiting room and walking in. Then sitting in a chair while she took my BP.

Then walking into small room. Getting up on table and laying down while I waited for doc.

Walking out to power chair. Very weak today.

It was a 2 hour outing in reclining PC with leg lifts. I did better health wise than I have in along time. Weather was pleasant also.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do it!! As long as I can remember to!! For some reason it never crossed my mind this morning.

Did my usual 40 laps, weights, and 12 min on the machine.

Snow on Tuesday night .. probably won't be able to get to exercise on Wednesday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu....glad to hear you were able to do your usual routine. Success!
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Almost 3 pm. Able to take a shower. REsting now then planning on getting dressed.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today is my once a month outing to lead a church group. it is an all day thing for me plus some planning the week before. it went well and i couldn't believe how 4 of the 7 ppl were all having trouble with depression and 3 of them had troubles communicating with their kids. just hearing that others had the problem made it easier for me.

where ever i go the old thing of seeing ppl with probable lyme comes up. these are ppl with no clue it is lyme-or could be. i once was in a senior water exercise group and almost 20 of them had a fibromyalgia dx. the group today 2 have fibro and one has a friend just put into a nursing home with dementia and a bunch of other typical lyme sx and another is going thru hell with dx and pain killrs cuz no doc can figure her out.

i have kept totally quiet about lyme in this setting...we really are not supposed to problem solve personal stuff here. but it just amazes me how much undx is still out there. and it is a bit stress producing.

i took the puppy out twice today-hoping to tire her out cuz i knew i would be leaving her in crate for 3 hrs. the wind was so cold tho we were out less than 5 min each time. yesterday she played on the beach and boardwalk with me for 1/2 hr. shes enjoying being out and learning to walk on the leash.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING AND SUN AND LONGER DAYS!!!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good to hear about your outings kayak.

I was just thinking how when I first went to the doctors I figured it was there job to help me with a dx and get well.

Now, it seems we need to do the research and then hope that insurance will allow the doctor's to provide meds and look into things for us.

With lyme disease. Testing is not adequate. We need better testing and training for main stream docs.

I haven't been able to move much since my two hour outing to the primary care doc on Monday via the power chair.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday and Tuesday a little over a mile for me and Rocky.

Took my tax stuff in yesterday.

Today went to the job center to look for a job on their computer (much faster than mine).

Haircut tomorrow to spruce up just in case I interview.

Trying to be calm.....

BTW, thanks to Karen for starting this thread, Kam and TuTu for 'getting 'er done', Kayak, kiss the poochie for me!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ak... I'm VERY impressed that you've done your taxes!! I've been "cabin bound" many times here and still haven't even started on them. I HATE doing taxes!

Kayak.. I'm glad you have that church group!

kam... hope your day was better!

My exercise today was cleaning off both of our cars... 6 inches of snow. It snowed from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. today! Will be 2 below zero tonight.

Can't wait for 50's and 60's next week!! We have more than 6 inches to melt!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Trying this again. Good to read your post ALW

Tutu...burr

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam-yeah i figured out we need to "do the research" and be active in med decisions a long time ago.

when my kids see me as doing so "badly" i try to explain that many that got sick with me back then - 30 yrs...esp the ones who "did what the doc(duck) said" are gone or in nursing homes or much worse off than me...but they just don't get it. that really i am doing pretty well compared to many.

ak-i keep hearing to "put off doing taxes" for some reason...anyone know why? i have piles on the dining room table waiting for the next snowstorm. last two were rain! maybe if i'm ready for a storm it will never come. sort of reverse psychology.

tutu-i've been watching those storms in NE OK and SE KA...talked to pigwits mom last night. they are all fine.

yes ak-i can give ms etta a kiss. she is having to learn what kisses are because when she pretends to be a woodchuck and snarls and bites me...i just scream "ouch" and say "no bite" and then she licks me and i say "good kisses". so she is learning the word.

yesterday my whole day was taken up looking for an old cell phone and charger to put my card in cuz my regular cell phone stopped working. today i drove 10 miles away to buy one from someone off craigslist but the card didn't fit...i took the puppy so she had a ride and ran around in a different parking lot for exercise. but i really don't have gas $ to go on wild goose chases like that. she said it was t-mobile but it was really voice stream.

the depression is a little better since the group and also since my son reminded me how depressed i got when fighting bart b4. i only have a week to go til llmd appt .

that same day i have darius rucker tickets. i am worried about driving at night and finding parking in city. i hope i can pull it off.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first for me, here, in a long time.

I DROVE myself to physical therapy today. Nice out and nice to wheel again.

First time since mid October for driving.

And can walk prety good on two feet and two shoes. Even tho the brace they gave ,me makes it worse.

Short distances I can walk better without the brace.

Glad to see yall doing so good and exercising up a storm. hour twice a week does me in almost,,,but getting better

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, don!! When I was in treatment I would get out and drive around just to 'get out'. It made a world of difference in my mood. Glad you can drive now.

I shoveled snow. It was very light and fluffy.. wish it would be that way all the time. Have never seen it this fluffy! My newspaper even got buried just by being thrown in the snow! Couldn't find it!

Just as I was getting tired with the shoveling.. my neighbor came over to help... so I shoveled even more....ouch.

Hubby should be able to get out more easily tomorrow since we got it shoveled.*** The plow came but only did the section on the other half of the street. Wasn't our landlord doing it.. have no clue who paid for this one.

Hope to go exercise tomorrow...then will have warm weather for about a week!!! [woohoo]

***he got out today since it hasn't iced over yet... drove through 6" of snow with a small car. He said it was pretty difficult but he made it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and Rocky walked a mile yesterday.

Another late night of doing laundry.

TuTu-The hubs was after me to get 'er done, so I can't take the credit for the taxes. Was glad to drop them off at the CPA's.

Kayak-Maybe it's because they say you can always count on taxes and death so better to put them both off?

Just Don-Glad to hear you're up and about!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Still impressive, AK!! [Wink]

Did my usual exercises today at rehab... Lots of people there who all had cabin fever this week!!

It was in the 40's today. Felt like a heat wave! Snow is still piled up everywhere. I've never seen it like this and we've been here 14+ yrs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

2 5 min walks with puppy-she runs on the long leash non stop really cute. i wish i knew how to post a pic or video on here. i can take it on my phone. if i send it to someone could they post it?

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to empty the dishwasher out this am while on feet.

That did me in. Resting now then hoping to put dirty dishes in.

Not able to read what others wrote but hope to do that later too.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

two 5 min walks with puppy. she "heels" the last 20 feet or so and is pretty good at it.

also found a monster crate to put in living room so she has more options. she has the run of the kitchen but the rest of the apt is carpet...

i would have bought a playpen if i could have found one...the crate is about the same size. but i talked the guy down to 30 bucks and he lived close so it was worth it. she might have ended up chewing her way out of a playpen too

i feel depression lifting and i am trying a new horse tomorrow...and talking to another lady about a nother horse

starting to think maybe spring is coming

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
2 5 min walks with puppy-she runs on the long leash non stop really cute. i wish i knew how to post a pic or video on here. i can take it on my phone. if i send it to someone could they post it?

I would be willing but am not sure how we would do it.

I went to www.photobucket.com .. It was pretty easy, I thought. I can help you.

--Did you see my winter photos in General?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH.. after exercising on Friday, I went down to our shopping area to take some photos while the snow was still on the ground.

So I probably walked another mile. I also found some snowboots on sale! Mine started cracking .. they were 14 yrs old!

So maybe now it won't snow again this winter!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

We maade it through another week. [Smile]

I was able to go out to waterwheel this am. 30 min on feet.

See FB for pics.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great pics, kam!

Wow...it was above freezing last night... first time in over a month, I think. Can't remember.

Serious melting is going on today!! [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple of short strolls with Rocky mainly to potty him.

Kayak-Pup sounds like a little ball of energy! Felt springy down this way too. Thinking about what flowers to put in my pots and what herbs to grow this year.

Kam-Glad we made it too through another week....whew! Doing late night laundry yet again.

TuTu-Yep....time for some new boots! Made me chuckle to think of the cracked soles. My walkig shoes are getting real worn down in the heels and am hoping to get a new pair when our tax refund hits the bank.

My nephew turned 30 today and we all went to eat mexican and have cake and ice cream at my Mom's. A really good day.

See you all next week!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Fun to read about all the moving going on. I miss Karen not posting. Sure hope your arm gets better soon.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement