LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Question about depersonalization...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about depersonalization...
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it normal to feel odd when you speak? or to hear your self talk because you feel so deteached from yourself? like hearing yourself in your head?.. I just want to know if thats normal or is it just me

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nicloe, I think the best way to answer this question is, Lyme and Co-infections take over our bodies.

Everyone is different, as I'm sure you're are finding out. My understanding is, It should improve with treatment.

You should always sure these types of symptoms with your Doctor/LLMD.

Feel better!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
up

--------------------

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I completely understand that feeling and was like that in the beginning, during a herx and when certain abx just didn't seem to do it for me.

July 2011 will be two years, and I am getting better...but slowly.

I just came off a 2 month abx break (per instructions by my doctor) and during that time I really started to feel like myself again, however the symptoms slowly starting to creep back so back on meds again.

Prior to the abx break, I was on a good combo that also made me start to feel like myself again, until it was too much on my stomach.

So your are still in there, Nicole. It sounds like you might be herxing based on your abx start dates.

Realize its normal, but would tell your doctor how you feel. He may be able to calm your nerves a bit.

Posts: 134 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
up

--------------------

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Only in the beginning of treatment.

I remember once (in 2009) being in the car with my bf and we were having a conversation and I started to speak and it felt like it wasn't me that was speaking even though I knew it was. It was a surreal feeling.

I know that sounds like I am a crazy woman, but I don't know any other way to explain it. It was the oddest feeling. He even noticed and asked if I was okay. It eventually passed. I just reassured myself that it was a herx and it would pass bc I never felt anything like that before.

Most other times I walked around in a brain fog or a feeling of spaciness, which would sometimes make everyday takes seem dream like or your not fully awake.

Sometimes I can't compile my thoughts clearly or quick enough. And if I am under pressure, like at work, it makes it worse and sometimes my speech comes out jumbled or I pull out a wrong word when I really meant something else.

Have you ever felt depersonalization before this? If not, it is most likely a herx, but I would notify your doctor just in case. He should be aware of your symptoms.

Posts: 134 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

i actually started feeling depersonalization from the lyme. Ever since i got sick i've been feeling this way. The herx just intensified it

--------------------

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Hopefully after the herx it will diminish some.

The last round of abx I was on, I had a terrible herx and I hadn't had one of those in awhile. But all the negative symptoms finally subsided and I actually felt like myself again for a little while.

So please do not feel you are alone. You have a huge support group on here that can share their experiences to make you feel more normal.

At least thats what it did for me. I meant a few really kind people on here that helped me through the bad moments and we could both complain about our Lyme or Co-infection symptoms without someone getting sick of hearing it.

Are you taking supplements and probiotics? They really do help. I notice a difference if I don't take them and especially with the abx, you will be prone to more yeast. Which is why its best to follow a gluten free diet -- which I do try, but its hard to follow sometimes.

You also need to drink tons of water. My doctor told me 80oz a day, but I know others on here drink more.

Are doing any of that now?

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

I started drinking lemon water today. & I bought some milk thistle capsules today but i didnt take it yet. im so nervous of how i might feel when i take it

--------------------

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Yes. Forgot about the lemon part. Suppose to help detox you.

I know some supplements are suppose to make you herx, but others just boost your immune system and protect your body.

I always thought Milk Thistle was to detox your liver and I take two a day.

My Vitamin D and B12 levels were low when I got diagnosed (B12 is climbing but my D's are still low) so I take those as well.

You MUST, MUST, MUST take some form of acidophilus or probiotic when you are on abx. And you need to take it 2 hours away from the abx. It will keep your flora normal and will not make you feel worse.

I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.
My doctor told me to take this brand but there are others:
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Ohhiras-Probiotics-12-Plus/dp/B00141B7SS

I also drink 2oz of Kefir a day. Again, its for normal flora. Will not make you feel worse, just tastes a little sour.
http://www.lifeway.net/Products/Kefir/LowFatKefir/LowFatPlain.aspx

Have you read Dr. B's guidelines? He has a good supplement list on there.
http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

I can PM you what I take if you like.

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

oh i actually was taking the abx with the probiotic

--------------------

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

up

--------------------

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Taking the probiotic with the abx diminishes the potency of the abx.
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

oh ok thank you for telling me that. Now i know to space it out [Smile]

--------------------

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

up

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement