LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 7/10-7/31/11 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought 7/10-7/31/11
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy ~ I'm glad you noticed your license before some nice uniformed person told you [Smile]

Dekrator ~ you're so creative...love the cover-up caper. Those pictures usually turn out great. We have one with my Gram that's precious to us. (She's been in residence in Heaven since last Sept.)

Yesterday was very busy & blessed. I got my hair done ... not so many silver hairs showing now. Ate my hard boiled egg on the way to pick blueberries & got a whole pail full.

A couple times I got hot (thanks to hotflash) & prayed for help & a beautiful breeze came by...God is so amazing.

Finally done (with less toxins in me...another way to say I was wet & sticky)...got the air conditioner going on my ride to town for couple groceries & quick stop at Farmer's Mkt.

Another blessing...a friend I used to work with in Children's Ministry was working the stand. It's been a while since I've seen her & I'd forgotten how much fun she is.

Although there were a couple stands there, I noticed people kept stopping and being drawn to her stand. God is amazing & His love was shining through her!

After supper of fresh veggies & turkey legs (which were crockpot cooking while I was playing) went up for my bro to put my summer treads on car & inspect my son's car.

Figured it was time to change tires...probably won't snow this month.... (seems I have a habit of putting off to tomorrow what I don't have to do today).

Today I'm putzing around the house....this body ain't what it used to be....or what it will be again. We are healing!! Thanks be to God!

I so look forward to get on this computer and read your posts. When you're silent, you're missed.

Blessings [group hug]

oops...I forgot, wanted to share this from Hillsong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtRnHV_bCs

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you older folks may remember the group "America" from the 70's. Dan Peek recently passed away. (see my thread in GS .. possible Lyme??)

here is his rewritten Christian version of "Lonely People" .. you youngsters have probably heard the original song.

it's cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qo_DmhsNrA

--

"Horse With No Name"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm4BrZjY_Sg&feature=related

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers gathering for MDW005, diane...
You are Missed, and Wish you were here..
Much concern and support,
[group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Sonday afternoon folks!

DKat, You are too funny! I enjoyed reading about your goings-on.

Pretty song too, thanks!

Lymetoo, Well, you can include me in the category of "older folks", since I remember the group America.

I'm going to listen to the songs in a minute or two...thanks!

payne, Pretty horse picture. I also miss Diane.

I know she is busy with her Mom, but I pray she gets a moment to come and share with her God Thought Family.

Enjoyed going to church and breakfast with our grandsons this morning.

Soon we will be going to Kaden's tee ball game, then back home to eat, swim and play whatever the sport of the day is....according to Deven.

Have a blessed day everyone!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7 [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening friends! I hope that you've been able to enjoy your Sunday.

I got to go to church this morning, which is always a blessing, but it was extra sweet today. I ran into a couple people that I hadn't seen in months and I was able to catch up with a good friend afterwards.

This friend recently got engaged. In talking with her today I found out that they're thinking of having their wedding in Uganda (where her fiance is from)! I'm so excited and happy for my friend. I'm also disappointed because this is a wedding that I would love to see and I won't be able to go. But I'm still happy for my friend. I want nothing but the best for her.

It was also special today because we had a missionary from India that came to share the message with us. For some reason, God has given me a heart for missions. I'm not sure what that will mean for my future, if I will ever get to literally "go" again. I want so much to be His "hands and feet", to serve and share His love with others. I guess for now, I'll just have to be patient, to wait and see what God has planned for me.

Dekrator, it sounds like you had a fun day with your family. I love to swim. Next time you're in your pool, stay and float a few minutes extra for me [Smile]

Dkat, you picked a whole bucket full of blueberries? Yum!!! Are you planning on making anything special with you berries? I would probably eat most of them before I decided to actually make anything with them.

Lymetoo, I had never heard of Dan Peek but I recognized the songs you mentioned. I liked hearing his Christian version of "lonely people". How have you been doing lately? I've missed seeing you here.

Have a great night friends. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQYn7JU6-s&feature=related

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sammy,

So good to read your post. Your time in church sounds very good. I love to hear some missionary's talk. They have tasted to see the Lord is good. They know He is alive and living through His body on earth. The Bible isn't a history lesson, it's a fact of life.

Just reading some of your post it's plain you are walking the walk with Jesus now. Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I've been studying Revelation before I meet with my friend tomorrow to go over notes. My brain feels like mashed potatoes! (so this post may not make sense.)

Revelation is hard for me...this is way over my head.

I made a blueberry pie for my family. The berries were so sweet it didn't need much sugar (but still too much for me). I whipped a little bit of cream with a touch of maple syrup and put some berries in for me...tasted so good. Kept some to eat with breakfast & froze the rest. Wish you could be eating a handful right now [Smile]

I remember the songs tutu posted...I like the new version even better. Brought back happy thoughts of youth & health.

sammy, the Lord bless and strengthen you to have the desires of your heart.

Praying all of you are healing and resting in Him.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] Good Morning All,

I enjoyed catching up on your posts and catching up on your lives. God is INDEED good to all of us. Praise His Name forever!

Summer brings with it activities that are unique to it...picking blueberries, baking pies, swimming, vacations, making memories, etc.

We had a wonderful time in Florida with our son and his family. It was a blessing to be a blessing. We miss them soooo much already.

When we arrived back to Oklahoma we picked up our oldest grandson, he's 7, and he stayed the weekend. It was fun but that means I'm behind, still, on laundry, putting stuff away, etc.

Yesterday it was great to attend our church service was really good too. Pastor spoke about Mary and Martha. It was soooo good. The part that really spoke to my heart is when Jesus said to Martha...that Mary had chosen the better portion. I had not noticed before how carefully Jesus chose His words "better portion". All Martha's busy-ness was much to do about portions...cooking, preparing the meal... The "better portion" is Jesus Himself and spending time with Him.

Now I got off my point. The thing that really hit me is how pastor shared about Jesus' attitude/heart when He was communicating with Martha. It was tender not mean, as if He was saying to Martha, "Martha, I miss you."

I know Jesus has been missing me...I've been missing Him too! [bow]

Friends, I'm FINALLY going to start a new God Thought thread for the week.

Blessings all.
[group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

good morning...
Start with God,
finish with God.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

7 - thank you Lord for the rains...
and all the prayers that have been done.
You, Dear Lord are A Loving God.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement