LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 8/22 - 8/28/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 8/22 - 8/28/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning,

I woke thinking of Moses and Joshua and the many trials faced. May God's word encourage us as we move forward in God,

Joshua Chapter 1,

7 ``Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.

8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.''

Friends, that is such good news, GREAT NEWS. Our God IS with us wherver we go!

He is with us today, tomorrow, and forever...and we are with Him! Rejoice! [bow]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening,

I heard this song on the radio today and wanted to share it with you. WOW! Natalie Grant has an amazing voice and the words minister.

There is no other name higher than the Name of Jesus. He is ________________ (fill in the blank with what your need is). That's who Jesus is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gbBrlAVm20

Pray you are blessed as you listen to "Your Great Name".

Praying for you tonight.

[group hug]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is so wonderfull,
He provides for so many and knows use all in our needs before we even cry out to Him..
He is the omega and alpha,
I am fasting hard 10 days so far to get an answer on relieveing me from trying to out think God, or think like He would as where He is is so differant in all...
Just want to make Him Happy with me... more.
I know falling is a part of standing back up.
May your day be filled with good spirit and mind.. wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Payne...there is nothing you can do to make the Lord love you more and there is nothing you can do to make Him love you less...He already loves us more than we can comprehend and there is nothing that will change that...otherwise, the Lord's work on the cross would be in vain.

It ALL has already been done for us...and ALL because of Jesus.

I guess I want you to be careful fasting like you are...being as your health is questionable.

Your friend in Christ,
Sue

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hi Payne, It is a beautiful heart desire to want to please the Lord. We should desire to do that.

These verses are very meaningful to me, Philippians 2:12-13,

"Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

I have found when I get to the end of my trying and admit it to Him I can't in myself, then something supernatural happens. At least that has been my experience.

I think that is an amazing scripture from Philippians...imagine God, Himself, is working in us to give us the disire to please Him and the power too. That's awesome! And that's also a very loving God!

Have a great day in the Power of the Lord Jesus!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Momindeep, Beautiful truths you share on the unconditional love our Lord has for us. It is truly uncomprehendable that kind of love. But I believe it!

Pray God leads Payne regarding fasting...and actually lead each person as they continue their path to healing. You have a very caring heart.

God bless you this day!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was reading in The Message, this is a familiar passage from Isaiah 40 (towards the end). I thought this translation was quite refreshing and I pray it blesses and refreshes your soul,

"God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.

He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.

And he knows everything, inside and out.

He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.

For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.

But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.

They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,

they walk and don't lag behind."

[group hug]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listened to a song earlier daisy, about this Isaiah 40! Wow. Let me see if I can find it real quick.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is....

It had me tickled towards the middle of song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy24lnysMkk&feature=related

ps...Shake Heaven is really, really good also by Montell Jordan. New song I heard the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKld0A6_YQo&NR=1

Your________. He is my Today, my music and I love Him. I get a new day to praise Him.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends,

I am leaving to go out of town for the visitation and funeral of my aunt.

We just had an earthquake here in PA....never felt an earthquake before. No damage to our house that I can see.

The whole house shook including lamps, plants, etc and I heard a loud noise like there was a big wind....very weird.

It lasted about 15+ seconds.

The man who was driving the other car...the man who pulled out in front of my cousin and aunt in the accident, died this morning.

It is not known yet if he had a heart attack etc or if this was self inflicted....oh my, more tragedy...please pray for his family.

I will be thinking of all of you and praying for everyone.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a safe trip Dekrator. I will ask the Lord to hold you close...real close.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, momindeep! Appreciate it! [kiss]

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator ~ praying for you...Isaiah 40 is a great prayer for us all. May His strength and comfort be especially close in your heart, His love encompass you & your loved ones.

MDW ~ Thanks for posting the songs. They're great, I really like Beckah Shae's Are You Ready, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqBtHqgFOes&feature=related.

It's so awesome when the Lord puts a scripture on ones heart (daisy) & the song on another's (MDW). Thinking He wants to remind us He has the strength we need.

I love Jesus 'cause He 1st loved me!!

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator, I am praying for your safe travels and healing for you and your family. May god give you strength. Big hugs dear friend.

dkat, I like this song by Beckah Shae...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOfGdgDBUE&NR=1

I love Jesus too!!! and He loves lil ole me [lol]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Yes, I tend to be chatty when I do not sleep, and I get a wee bit....hmm, think... the word is right there on the tip of my tongue... can you see it? What, the font too small?..."silly", not the word I was going to use but it will work. [lol]

Wanted to share yesterdays "Meet Me In The Meadow"

REmember:

REmember, you are the Lord's. He is your Redeemer and the One who has placed His life within you. Remember His mercies that have been extended to you and the kindness that has been shown to you.

Live in hope and with the full assurance of faith that He who has been faithful to you, will be faithful still. Take courage: Remember, all is not lost, He will restore; all is not dead, He will revive; all is not unchangeable, He will renew; all is not dry, He will refresh...and remember, He will never forget about you.

Remember that you were once slaves in Egypt, but the Lord your God brought you out with his strong hand and powerful arm. Deuteronomy 5:15

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise Thee with joyful lips: When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches. Psalm 63:5

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Psalm 103:2

Good eve my God Tthought family

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, I'm praying for you and your family during this time of tragedy and deep sorrow. May you sense the undergirding of the Lord's arms under you and your family. May God's grace be sufficient during this trial. Life is so fragile.

I join you Momindeep, may God hold this pressure family "real close".

Then things like earthquakes happen, in places that they've never been before. That's crazy and must have been so scary. That sure was a large area of the East affected by that earthquake. Amazing that more damage and death was not done. (So far, last I heard.) I was thinking if that earthquake had happened in the ocean it would have made a tsunami situation! Not sure why I had that thought. Dekrator, so thankful your family is ok.

MDW and Dkat, I hadn't heard of Beckah Shae before. WOW, thanks for introducing me to her! Full of soul and songs that minister to the human condition, our heart. Yeah, MDW, that first song during the half...that got me giggling. The words of the songs are thought provoking. I mean, to consider that our praise whether in good times or bad times...really ANY TIME..gets the attention of Heaven. That's like WOW as in Walk On Water...WOW!

DKat, me too..."I love Jesus 'cause He 1st loved me!!" Yup, MDW, Loves even "lil ole me!"

MDW, Thanks for sharing "Meet Me In The Meadow".

As far as me filling in that blank above (what I need) _________
I guess I would have to say "strength". Strength for the journey and strength for waiting for God's leading (like that first song, during the silly part)...uh, huh, that's where I am "waiting" for God's answer and leading.

So to gain strength...according to Isaiah 40...I "wait" on the Lord.

I did a study on the Word and it doesn't mean wait like standing around and waiting...in Hebrew "qavah" ...it means abiding in Him as in being connected to the vine (as in John 15).

And this picture of abiding is of me and Him so intertwined together that you can't tell which part of the vine is me and which is Him as we are so ONE! Oh, WOW! That will give me strength. His strength. Lord, I need!

May God grant us "qavah" strength as we abide in Him! Praise His Holy Name Forever!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy, Wow...wow, gavah strength. Thank you for sharing. I too, want to be ONE. I caught that part in the middle of the link posted, where she say to praise Him whether we wanted to or not, in the good times and bad.

Gosh, I should be crawling myself to bed, but I understand more when I am tired...I no longer have distracting thoughts trying to make my mind wander from what I read.

I finished catching up on my chronolgical reading. I wanted more. Lamentations made me tear. I have a question on Lamentations 3:24...

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul
In the NT, does this mean He gave Himself up on the cross, and this is my portion? He gave Himself, so we could have a new day with hope. Does this mean with a new day with His mercy's we are not consumed?
Am I making any sense?

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

God's Word is so rich. You know the English word "wait" or "hope" has limited meaning compared to the word "gavah" which gives a depth of meaning to the verse, "Those who gavah on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint."

In the same way the word "portion" used in the Old Testament is very rich in meaning. When the writer of Lamentations says "The Lord is my portion" he is actually, what we would call "making a play on words".

This is from the Book of Numbers. (It may be recorded in other books in the Bible, too, however I'm not going to take the time to research it.)

Aaron was a High Priest. Aaron was Moses' brother. There were others Priests too. They did not own land or property so they did not have a way to support themselves. However, God commanded the Israelite people to bring a portion of their "stuff" called "Holy Offerings" and give it to the Priests. The Priests' needs were taken care of in this way.

In Numbers 18 (New Living Translation) the subject title is

"Support for the Priests and Levites"

"8 The Lord gave these further instructions to Aaron: ``I myself have put you in charge of all the holy offerings that are brought to me by the people of Israel. I have given all these consecrated offerings to you and your sons as your permanent share.

9 You are allotted the portion of the most holy offerings that is not burned on the fire. This portion of all the most holy offerings--including the grain offerings, sin offerings, and guilt offerings--will be most holy, and it belongs to you and your sons."

For the writer of Lamentations to say, "'Lord you are my portion' says my soul'" is like saying,"You are the one who meets all my needs...from the depth of my soul.

Imagine what would happen to the Priests if the people did not bring the offerings. "stuff"?

And in a very real way, Jesus, does meet all of our needs...the biggest need being reconciled, have a relationship, with Father God. Jesus made that possible by dieing on the cross for our sins. Giving us eternal life. (Like you write about MDW.)

I guess we could say that "fill in the blank" above __________ we could put that phrase "The Lord is my portion" and whatever my need is right now/at any minute...He meets! He fills! He satisfies! [bow]

Praying for each of you. Jesus is your portion...may you find Him to be your all in all. Some of you know I am involved with the Deaf...they use the phrase in their Culture (in sign language of course) my A to Z. Jesus is our A to Z and that covers everything! [Smile]

And that covers S for Sleep. Sleep good all. Good Night.

[group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning,

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24).

Have a great day!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

DKat, MDW and daisy,

Thank you for your prayers. I just returned from being out of town for my Aunt's funeral.

Sad, sad, sad.

All our hope is in Him!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dear Dekrator,

So thankful you've made it back safely. Yes, that is very sad.

May family and friends rally around each other for support during this difficult time. Wish I was there to give you a real hug!

May the presence of the Lord bring peace.

Joining with others and continuing in prayer.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Tonight my pastor posted this on Facebook.

"I could never believe in God if it were not for the cross. In a real world of pain how could one worship a God who is immune to it." Stott

I am thankful that we serve a God who is acquainted with all our grief and sorrow (as the scriptures say).

I just prayed for each of you.

God sees you and me, He knows what we're going through, and He truly cares. I am eternally grateful!

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - start with God, Finsh with God..
be happy in all things..wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Wayne, Great word! Short yet profound.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

Thanks for your comforting words and all of your prayers.

That is a great quote your pastor posted on fb.

I too, am grateful that our God understands our grief and sorrow. [bow]

I also wish I could give you a real hug, dear friend.....thanks. [group hug]

Sleep peacefully tonight!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Wayne,

Another cute graemlin!!! and great words to go with it!

Have a blessed evening!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

This was the Encouraging Word of the Day from KLOVE...

Hebrews 10:24(NLT)

24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.

I like receiving those encouraging words everyday.

Please pray for everyone who is or will be affected by the hurricane.

My daughter, son-in-law and grandsons just left Ocean City, MD. There is a mandatory evacuation...everyone must leave by Friday at 5 pm.

Everything is being boarded up. I think they wanted to avoid the last minute rush and traffic jam with 2 small kids in the car.

My son and his girlfriend are still there until morning...they just arrived today, so they want to at least stay one night.

Praying everyone will be safe.

Goodnight dear friends! May God bless you all!

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 7 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
planting God's seed...
Been weeding around them...
Harvest was good the wheat and straw..
all strong and labor was swift..
the beans are greener then any aug i remember..
and the corn ears are busting..
All Glory to the Lord..
Thanks are being giving every little step I take..
As farmers we no longer have the Blessings
of keeping seeds over to the next year..
the goverment had stopped that sometime ago..
to presearve the hybrid and purity of strored seeds nation wide...
I am trying to make the connection with how that effects our faith and our Nation.
No defective seeds passed on, no containations,
no diseases from one farm to our seed storage.
I really don't believe God wanted the weak and less fortunated (SP) to be cast to the wayside..
I understand His PURE Ness...
reap what we sow ?
Please find in your pockets endless supply of seeds to cast to the poor and ones in need..
so, the spirit can germinate and the Lord can over see untill harvest is finshed in all things.
 - [group hug] wayne , when the storm rises, give thanks before it hits that God is our ROCK...

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

payne
Member # 26248

one day I was in deep fasting and meditation..
when arose to me as my own weakness..
Never be ashamed of who you are. Be ashamed of who you pretend to be, walk in happiness or don't walk, go towards happiness or turn around, seek happiness find healing..
blessing to all this weekend, find your core and light it up with God. He can do what we can't
[group hug] wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator and Payne, Thanks for the encouraging words. Just what I needed today and for the weekend...

Dekrator, About motivating others to acts of love and good works. Trust everything is working out regarding the hurricane. Last I heard things could have been a lot worse.

Payne, Great reminder that God can do what we can't.

Some on here go to "Meet Me in the Meadow" the Blog of Roy Lessin, Co-founder of DaySpring Cards and Gifts. He has been writing a series of Blogs on "Re" words. Here is yesterday's...good "stuff".

August 26, 2011
``RE'' Words, Part 14

REst:

No list of ``RE'' words would be complete without the word ``Rest.'' This is a word unique to the Gospel. Jesus said, ``Come unto Me'' because He is the only one who can give rest for our souls. There is no rest to be found outside of Him, only works, strife, and restlessness.

Rest is the putting down of our burdens and picking up God's peace in its place. We can rest in the Lord because He has carried our burdens. We can rest from our works because He has provided us with salvation through His Son and brought us redemption through the free gift of His grace.

Our rest is a rest of faith. Works (our efforts to save ourselves or keep ourselves) make us weary. Works wear us out; rest brings refreshment. Works bring strain; rest brings ease. Works bring tumult; rest brings quietness. Works bring worry; rest brings peace.

For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: Isaiah 30:15

For we which have believed do enter into rest. Hebrews 4:3

Here is the link to his Blog.

http://roy.dayspring.com/

Have a great weekend loving, serving, and being a blessing to God and others.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by payne:
one day I was in deep fasting and meditation..
when arose to me as my own weakness..
Never be ashamed of who you are. Be ashamed of who you pretend to be, walk in happiness or don't walk, go towards happiness or turn around, seek happiness find healing..
blessing to all this weekend, find your core and light it up with God. He can do what we can't
[group hug] wayne

-
That really spoke to me, wayne. Thanks! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

As we climb fast in our turbine aircraft our heart beats fast with anticipation, high above the earth where the air is thin and cool. Then the moment of no return, we pass through the door.

Gravity pulls our bodies back to earth at speeds of 120 mph, the sensations are incredible! Your mind overloads with feelings that you have never felt before. Not the sensation of falling but of floating...flying through the sky.

Gazing down at the land, everything looks doll-house size. Trees that dwarf over you if you stood close by, appear as if they could fit in the palm of your hand. Rivers look like ribbons.

And so it is with life problems. On this side of Heaven we feel dwarf and discouraged by trials. We feel helpless in our walls.
God promises a place for no more pain and tears. As we struggle here on earth it helps to know and remember we won't be staying long. We're just passing through on our way home. Eternity in Heaven will be more wonderful than our minds can even imagine.

If this life is all there is, then we would have little reason for hope. But from Gods perspective, problems are opportunities for us to trust Him. He waits for us to place our concerns/ burdens that appear too large for us and place them into His Mighty hands. When we do this, our grand problems become bearable. With God on our side, problems can be overcome.

As we cope with the real world and it's challenges we can ask our Heavenly Burden-bearer for His perspective.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, MDW!

Check this out.. "From the Inside Out"

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=CE19CNNU

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Just living isn't enough," said the butterfly, "one must also have freedom, sunshine, and a little flower."
- Hans Christian Anderson

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
payne I'm glad the harvest was good this year. May the Lord bless you with a good spiritual harvest for the souls your life touches, too.

Lymetoo, That's a fun site. Thank you for posting it.

MDW Just as sky diving would be impossible for me, some of this lyme-related stuff is impossible, too.

I'm so thankful it's not my might or power but the Spirit that will get me through this journey to the Heaven-side. Plus, though it's sometimes hard, it still has joy woven through!

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi friends,

I enjoyed reading all your thoughts, posts, links, etc.

Our friend, lyme in Putnam can use our prayers right now.

See LIP's thread titled "Thank You"....

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/28628?

Sleep well friends. Our Saviour is Our Hope!!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

Regarding the hurricane..

On Sat it was just windy here and then we had some rain in the evening.

We had some more rain during the night and this morning...nothing too strong here since we are far enough west in PA to avoid the worst part.

Wish I could send some of this rain your way.

Praying for all affected by the hurricane and...praying for everyone.

Have a great Lord's Day everyone!

All praise and honor be to You Almighty Father!

[group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dkat, As a friend tells me, It's alright to cry. I am not very good at taking her advice, but she say God makes tears, then He wipes them away. Might you cry a wee bit? Cleanse the soul and mind, then lyme stuff might not look so impossible.....you think?

I am going to Lake Geneva with my parents today for a Sunday picnic. I am looking forward to a peaceful day.

I pray all my God Thought family has a wonderful, peaceful Lords day....lets praise the Lord, this day He has given us, even if you don't wanna. [Smile]

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

MDW, Hmm...your friend is right, but crying messes with my eyes even if it cleanses the soul.

Think I might have a pretty big bottle up there. Sometimes when the sun shines through a bottle it makes a rainbow so I'm wondering if when the Son shines on our tear bottles how beautiful that rainbow might be...what a promise to wipe away every tear!

Guess I cry most in my prayer time. Just getting close to Jesus gets my face all wet...

But the boohoo kind of crying, well...I was brought up that was something you kept to yourself. Old habits die hard.

Hope your day was great with your parents. Sure sounds like fun!

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

I'm sure glad Irene has passed!

We have alot of trees around us & sure enough the wind & rain uprooted 2 huge oak trees across the road & over the wires.

Power out from 9 til 8. Plus we had a no drive warning out in our county. It's no fun without power. Whatever did they do in the old days [Smile]

Praying for you all for safety in the storm and a peaceful healing night.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was able to attend church today .. first time in 3 wks (missed 2 Sundays)... It was awesome!!

Thank you, God!

--glad everyone is OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning God Thought Family,

Lots going on lately, I really needed the encouragement. Thank you for your uplifting posts. As far as bottles filled with tears...I'm sure mine is quite full. There was a time that I didn't like to cry (same experience as you DKat) but now I do. Oh, yeah, in His presence...tears flow.

Tears have their own language it seems...Happy, Sad, Thankful, etc.

MDW, Hope you had a grand time at Lake Geneva with the family. That does sound pretty thrilling jumping out of a plane and floating to earth. However, I have no plans to do anything like that. DKat, and it has nothing to do with Lyme. [lol] I rather enjoy sitting in an airplane buckled in. MDW are one brave butterfly.

Thanks for the reminder about our Heavenly Burden-bearer...I like that. I love Him! Jesus IS my Burden-bearer.

DKat and Dekrator so glad you and yours all alright. I am so glad the worse of Hurricane Irene is over. It seems the tide going in and out is still playing havoc though. Water can be so destructive. Not to mention wind.

DKat, It's no fun being without electricity. Must have been scary with the wind howling and all that rain. WOW, must have been very strong winds to uproot those oak trees.

Lymetoo, So glad you were able to attend church Sunday!

Payne, Thanks for your posts and pictures.

DKat, Appreciate you posting that verse from Psalm 121...where our strength comes from... Think I'll start this week's God Thought thread with that Psalm.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement