LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Off Topic.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I love Netflix: What's Your Fav Movie?

Author Topic: I love Netflix: What's Your Fav Movie?
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a low energy day. So I'm watching movies on streaming Netflix. I got such a big kick out of watching MOONSTRUCK; it just made me unreasonably happy.

What are you favorite movies? I need some suggestions!

The only problem with MOONSTRUCK is it made me want to eat pasta... [Smile] ))) I've gone gluten-free!

Susie

Posts: 234 | From albany, ny | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fat Sick and Nearly Dead is a must watch documentary!
Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like, forgive me, the movie Overboard for some unexplainable reason...both versions of The Parent Trap...and The Book of Eli.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I'll check out fat, sick etc. I love Overboard, great for a laugh.

I also watch Tortilla Soup, Eat Drink Man Woman, Like Water for Chocolate, BIG NIGHT....sense a theme?

*grin*
Susie

Posts: 234 | From albany, ny | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Susie, you movie foodie, you!

You MUST check out Julie & Julia. You'll salivate, I guarantee. (And it's a great movie.)

Parenthood and When Harry Met Sally are my favorite feel-good movies.

Napoleon Dynamite has me ROFL every 2 minutes.

When I'm streaming Netflix, I go for TV shows. I'm currently watching Arrested Devolopment. Hilarious!

Hmmm...Ron Howard and Nora Ephron keep coming up on my list. I guess I have a theme, too.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also check out Weeds, 30 Rock, and The Office, if you missed them on TV.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex And The City Movie

and Sex And The City2.

Also love

Some Like It Hot with Jack Nicholson, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe.

The Cotton Club is another fav.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

This is great!

I am feeling pretty awful after just a few days on abx. Hard to move, so fatigued and with so much joint pain.

I remember reading Norman Cousins' works on healing through laughter years ago, so these recommendations are wonderful! I seem to be spending a lot of time on the couch. Thanks!

Today I think FAT SICK AND DEAD and THE COTTON CLUB are on the menu.

Susie

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what it is about the movie The Road to Eldarado...my daughter, at some of her worst times (and mine too) could put that movie on and actually forget about things for awhile and laugh!

Some of the humor is so good and so subtle, that you can watch it five times and STILL pick up on new stuff.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Thread Susie, Thanks,

I am always looking for good movies when I can't sleep at night. A few more are :

Dreamgirls with Jennifer Hudson

Slumdog Millionaire.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree on Napoleon Dynamite. The first time I saw it I didn't find it funny, but now it cracks me up every time I watch it and we've seen it 100 times.

I also love A Christmas Story and Shawshank Redemption.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started watching the Bramwell series on utube then rented the next seasons from netflix

I like Overboard too!

Watched Secretariat recently...rented DVD...don't know if you can watch it on stream..I can't get stream working on computer I have.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

Oh, I loved the Bramwell series! I watched the whole thing! The combination of Victoriania AND a lady physician were just wonderful.

Susie

glm1111
Member # 16556

Kate and leopold with Meg Ryan is a terriific romantic movie.

Overboard and Moonstruck are 2 of my favs also. Keep em coming guys.

I am just catching up on movies from the last decade that i couldn't go out to see because I was to ill.

Movies are a great distraction, and yes Susie you are right about laughter and feel good stuff boosting the immune system

.Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes movies are a good distraction.

But DON'T watch "Love and Other Drugs"- it is kind of depressing although great story/acting etc but not good to watch when you have lyme. I thought it was about drugs (like cocaine, etc) but didn't know it was about pharmaceutical drugs. But maybe some people can handle it. I think I was about to cry most of the movie.

I liked -
The King's Speech
Toy Story 3
The Pianist
Ray
Carmen & Geoffrey
Life Is Beautiful
Inside Job
Life as We know It
Hangover (1 is better than 2 I think)
and of course...
Mr. Popper's Penguins (not out on DVD yet)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

I am so happy to see all of your responses! This is a great resource for days on the couch. Thank you all!

Susie

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

penguingirl - What about Happy Feet?!

My favorite animated flick is Despicable Me. The way Steve Carell voices Gru just kills me. And I love the Minions!

Also Seth Rogen and Hugh Laurie as Monsters in Monsters vs. Aliens.

OK, Monsters, Inc., too.

Maybe I just love animated monsters...

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not in any order

The Shawshank Redemption- why does it seem to get better and better?

Tin Cup- for us golf fans

Driving Miss Daisy

The Thomas Crown Affair

All The Presidents Men - Robert Redford & Dustin Hoffman

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner - what a cast

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

12 Angry Men

Rear Window - Jimmy Stewart & Grace Kelly

Crash

An American President

Forrest Gump

Groundhog Day

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks Pooldog..Nice list.

Here are two more.

Kate and Leopold with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman.

I Love You Phillip Morris with Jim Carey.

Really pleasant surprise and good acting job from Jim Carey.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

I just watched a nice movie called ARRANGED. It's about a young Orthodox Jewish woman and a young Muslim woman who become friends and who both have to deal with the issue of arranged marriages. A feel-good movie!

Susie

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ballroom dancing. The eagle. Billy mitchell

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masterpiece Theater Classics:
Cranford, North and South,Downton Abbey,Pride aned Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, etc, etc.

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

I watched FAT SICK AND NEARLY DEAD this evening. It was quite inspiring! THinking about getting a juicer now........

Susie

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fried Green Tomatoes

Lampoons Vacation and Christmas Vacation

Babe (the pig movie)

A League of Their Own

Meet the Parents

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Legends of the Fall (all time favorite!)

Lonesome Dove

The Edge

The Last of the Dogmen

Dances with Wolves

Meet the Parents & Meet the Fockers

Forrest Gump

School of Rock

I could go on! I enjoy watching a good movie.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planes, Trains & Automobiles - John Candy " doin' the Mess Around"

What About Bob? -that movie slays me! "Dr. Marvin? Dr. Leo Marvin?" "I'm sailing! I sail!"

I love movies and will watch as often as possible. I love period movies!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

oh yeah...and Great White Ninja! Very funny!
Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

And Analyze This!
glm1111
Member # 16556

I Love You To Death with kevin Kline

True Story that actually happened in my hometown....hilarious...

The homicide detective that actually broke the case is a good friend of mine.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
phantom of the opera
the scarlet pimpernell
lord of the rings
the promise
pride and prejudice
the world in his arms
whalerider
the ghost and mrs muir

too many to list really

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

I love Whale Rider!

And, of course, the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

RubyJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RubyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phantom of the Opera is my all time favorite movie.

Good movies that no one has heard of:
Dear Frankie
Sweet Talker
Still Crazy

--------------------
"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art" - LaRochefoucauld

Lyme neuro symptoms for 20+ years.
Infected in Maryland.
Diagnosed with Lyme Jan 2011. (previously diagnosed with CFS, Fibro, peripheral neuropathy)

Posts: 261 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving to Off Topic with the book list!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement