LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » wait,wait, i forgot the best part!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wait,wait, i forgot the best part!!!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, new section of old repeat but i forgot the best dang part. now this is enough to gag a maggot...well to me it is.

she comes in the kitchen the day she is leaving. now this woman does not wear socks or hose with her shoes.

she has this ratty ole pair of sandals in her hand and asks if i have any baby powder. baby powder?? i'm 63 years old!!! but i tell her no, but i have odor eaters FOOT powder. a new can by the way.

so i go get it and hand it to her assuming naturally that she'll go into the bathroom.

i kid ya not. here it comes gang. she puts her shoes IN MY KITCHEN SINK AND POURS THIS STUFF ALL OVER THEM. THERE WAS WHITE POWDER ON THE COUNTER, IN THE SINK, BOTH SIDES, ON THE FAUCET AND HANDLES. i mean she just poured that stuff out.

i was speechless, and for me, that's pretty damn hard to do ya know? so he comes in and goes "what the hell is that stuff?" and i said "foot powder" and he goes "OMG, gross, in our sink". and she says "oh just wash it out". but her shoes are sitting in my sink.

so that's why i'm a basket case....

i don't think it's lyme really. i think it's just that as we get older we are less tolerate of inconsiderate rude people. we expect to be treated with decency and respect in our own homes.

and yes she asked for hand lotion and put both the foot powder and hand lotion in her luggage. small price to pay i guess.

i'm just really lucky i didn't put out our good guest stuff and those lotions and creams and all. geez...

so when company comes, watch your kitchen sink and toliet!!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And batten down the hatches .. she's a thief to boot!! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randibear, you crack me up!

foot powder-sandle salad in the kitchen sink!!!

I would have freaked out at the bare feet that need foot powder putting germs all over my carpet and floors

We did have a guy stay with us once who complained about his foot fungus / itch but ran all over our floors barefoot

I did not get the fungus from him

Thank God!!!

--------------------
Persistence, persistence, persistence!!!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
attributed to Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi, not to be rude at your expense - but Sis, you need to go into syndication under a pseudonym! Oh goodness this post was funny!

Silver and I were just open-mouthed, going between laughter and ewwwww! That was as good as some of Dave Barry's stuff! I can see your books at the little country diners "Randibear's Ranmblin's"!

BTW - you can come visit us and we won't need you to clean! I'm actually cooking dinner now for us.

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooh yuck! I just can't believe some people.

Many many years ago, I would drive my grandmother (now deceased) to get groceries and to see my grandfather at the nursing home. It never failed, she would get into my car, go digging in her purse for her nail clippers, and proceed to clip her nails, leaving the remains all over my car. I made a comment about it once, and she didn't see what the problem was.

She also often felt it necessary to reapply her perfume in the car, which also drove my crazy, since I'm extremely sensitive to perfumes and colognes (which she knew).

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rain, its great to meet someone near my age. I am 68.. Know what you mean about company but never had any like you described..lol Mainly the only company we have anymore are the children which don't come around very often.

Would love to hear about your walk with lyme if you would like you can pm me. How long have you had it, treatment, symptoms etc. Seems the younger the faster the recovery or remissions..

tks.

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still back on the not flushing the toilet.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too - how can someone not flush the toilet. Gross!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, you may think I'm mean...I call it commonsense, survival, and "for my peace of mind", but there are just some things I would not allow. I would, and do, put my foot down. Whether it is my house or my body, mind, or emotions, even my spirit...I set up boundaries. [tsk]

Boundaries are so freeing.

When at all possible I inform people of the rules (boundaries) ahead of time.

For example,

No smoking in my house.

No dogs (animals) in my house. If a person has a dog they can keep it outside or in their car. If they don't like those rules, well, they don't have to stay with me. (Hello? Where was that dog's tongue last? It ain't licken my face, hands, or legs. I might pet the dog...then immediately go inside and wash my hands...NOT in the kitchen sink.

I do try to be as proactive as possible and anticipate "stuff".

For example, if someone has a baby, I show them where they can change the baby's diaper and it ain't on my livingroom floor...or any floor...or couch I have a place set up and show them where it is.

If someone is working outside, like gardening or anything, I show them where they can leave their work boots/shoes before entering the house (so they don't track that "stuff" all over my floors) and tell them they can clean up in the bathroom. If I need to be more clear...I'll add DO NOT wash up in the kitchen sink that's for food preparation and dishes.

If someone tried to do anything else in the kitchen sink...I would stop them. It IS my house. Then I would promply show them where they can go to do whatever...

If they had already started before I realized it I would say, "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before now...as I proceeded to pick up "the shoes and powder" and carry it into the bathroom or laundryroom sink and tell them, "This is where you can do that, not in my kitchen sink where I prepare food."

Those are just examples. I wasn't always like that...but I sure am glad that I am now.

If someone doesn't like my rules, or ways, they don't have to stay with me. They are welcome to go somewhere else or get a hotel. If they decided not to visit. That, too, is their choice.

If people is a gonna be ignorant, well then, I is a gonna go ahead and educate 'em. [dizzy] [lol]

randibear, I would buy your book. You do have a way with writing.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like she committed every foul in the book. Which, I agree with Daisy, you should write.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement