LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 10/24 - 10/30/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 10/24 - 10/30/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning God Thought Friends,

So glad to be back!

I finally posted on the previous God Thought thread and shared why I hadn't been around much.

Thank God ...in answer to your prayers!!!...I am doing much better. Lord willing I'll be around more now. [Smile]

You all truly inspire me the way you keep living and living and living (inspite of what is going on in your lives)...like the "energizer bunny" only the battery is Almighty God!

We don't know what this week holds, or even this day. But we do know Him who holds today and everyday. The One who holds every minute in His hands. Our lovely Jesus.

Last time MDW shared a song that I wanted to share.

In moments like these, I sing out a song
I sing out a love song to Jesus.
In moments like these I lift up my hands
I lift up my hands to the Lord.

Singing I love You Lord
Singing I love You Lord
Singing I love You Lord, love You!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAkqSiV9Xyg&feature=related

Yes, Jesus, I love You. Have Your way in my life. Have Your way in our lives. May Your love shine through us moment by moment.

My prayers are with you for God's Healing Touch in your body, mind, soul, and spirit.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon friends!

daisy,

I'm so glad you are doing so much better!!

I like what you said about us being like energizer bunnies only the battery is Almighty God....lol.

Praise the Lord for that! We never have to replace the battery, He's always there and full of life, ready to give us what we need.

Thanks, momindeep, payne and daisy for the prayers you spoke of at the end of the last God Thought thread.

Praying for everyone!!

MDW, Hope you are doing ok. Hugs!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya...where are you MDW?
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning.

Wanted to share a few of my favorite scriptures with you.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 4:5-6)

"Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3).

What great news that is!!!

[group hug]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love those scriptures, daisy! Thanks for sharing them.

I thought of my niece who just lost the baby when I read the second one...Psalm 37:4.

She is having a hard time emotionally.

Hope you have a peaceful, restful evening.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning dear friends!

Hope this encourages you today, it did me...

Matthew 7:24-27(NASB)

The Two Foundations
24 ``Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell--and great was its fall.''

Thank you, Lord Jesus for being our Rock, our Foundation! [bow]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Dear friends,

Some of you already know that annier needs our prayers right now.

Here is her post:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/29035?

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy and Dekrator, Thank you for sharing scriptures. I especially love Proverbs 4 and Dekrator's post of putting our hope in anything except the Son of God, Jesus, leaves us empty.

My prayers are with annier ... and may the Lord bring someone along side her to help.

A new song from The Story (Max Lucado) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWEhNqnjuY

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, Thanks for bringing annier's situation to our attention. That is so very, very sad. I'm praying for her. May God comfort here and draw her to Himself.

In light of the broken world we live in, Dekrator, the scriptures you share..we are wise to build our lives on The Rock and not the sand.

DKat, Yes, I agree may the Lord bring someone to annier. Max Lucado's shares are so good. About the song, I hadn't heard it yet. So beautiful! Oh, that IS my heart desire that when people see me...that they see my heart looks like His heart!

Oh, Jesus helps us. Touch us afresh, change us anew, may we look more and more like You. I love You.

Sleep good my God Thought friends. You're in my prayers.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning I went to my secret hiding place. The trees are so grand in color. I sat on a swing bench that overlooks a beautiful sight...A stream runs through to meet with the beaver dam, which lays in a thatch and thicket; then flows into the calmness of the pond. Geese came squawking in for a landing and ducks and turtles had already taken up residence in the circular pool of water they call their home. Sun was shining so glamorous in the crystal blue sky which held a few white clouds, stroking in the breeze.

God was everywhere. I could feel with each breath I took, a sense of peace with the mind, body and soul. I was able to open my Bible and listen to the Word with Jesus sitting next to me...swinging on this gorgeous day.

I found the smile in my heart again. Good day my dear family.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW very inspiring write. So glad you found the "smile in your heart again!

Thank you for sharing. What a beautiful secret hiding place. I could picture it. I would love to have been there enjoying Him with you...as you say, "my secret hiding place", but then it wouldn't be your secret hiding place anymore. [Smile]

Praying for you all right now.

May you and I meet Him in our secret hiding place and enjoy His presence, too.

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy...I was enjoying reading the same scriptures you have posted above in the Message.....

Poverbs 3:5-12... (I added a few verses)

5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that God corrects;
a father's delight is behind all this.

And then....
Jeremiah 33:3
2-3"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

dkat...liked the song you posted.

praying for annier.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW ~ Beautiful picture you painted with your words...blue sky would be wonderful. It's been so gray here lately.... Thankfully though the Son always shines!

I like the way Proverbs 3 reads in the Message.

I'm praying for you all, too.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

TGIF,

I have to admit I am thankful today is Friday and, of course, I so very thankful that...Thank God It's Forever!

MDW, God's Word is so awesome. I like that translation, the Message, you shared of His wonderful word. It is quite modern and sounds exactly like the way we talk today. Encouraging verses!

DKat, It is rainy here too. Today was 40* and there was ice on my windshield when I left for work. Brrrrr.

Psalm 104 is beautiful, below are selected verses:

1 Let all that I am praise the Lord.

O Lord my God, how great you are!
You are robed with honor and majesty.

2 You are dressed in a robe of light.
You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens;

3 you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.

You make the clouds your chariot;
you ride upon the wings of the wind.

5 You placed the world on its foundation
so it would never be moved.

THE NEXT 29 VERSES SHARE ABOUT HIS CREATION...SO BEAUTIFUL (you can go to this Psalm and read them if you want)...

30 When you give them your breath, life is created,
and you renew the face of the earth.

31 May the glory of the Lord continue forever!
The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made!

33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
I will praise my God to my last breath!

34 May all my thoughts be pleasing to him,
for I rejoice in the Lord.

Let all that I am praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord!

Prayers for God's healing touch for each one of us. He is Almighty Big and Powerful!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon,
Gosh, this is one of those days where I have so much in my head and want to share, but then where do I begin? That is the big question. Some days the brain is too full and other days...zip, notta...I need an in between kinda day. Well I guess I could start with...

Daisy... I read all of Psalm 104, cause you said we could. grand it was to read all.
Psalm 104:24 MSG

What a wildly wonderful world, God! You made it all, with Wisdom at your side, made earth overflow with your wonderful creations.

God knows them all and provides for their needs. Thats so beautiful... nothing is born, grows or dies without God knowing it. Then there is us, magnificient creatures which get His special attention, with carefullness to the tiniest details of our life.
Quite awesome that He is so profoundly involved in every area of our lives!

Psalm 104: 27-28, 31
These all wait for You, that You may give them their food in due season...You open Your hand, they are filled with good...may the glory of the LORD endure forever.

Brrr..I need to come back in a short bit...the wind picked up with a coolness to it, take all my stuff inside...chat in a bit or two.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

My morning did not start off anywhere close to being a "normal" typical morning.

The youngest in the house decided to not crawl out of bed, stayed under the covers head and all.
Determined to make this a crumby day for himself with a poor attitude, he missed the bus. See, when he awoke... knowing that he made wrong choices by not completeing his homework would call for consequences. Study Hall. This little man of mine thought I would let him stay home. No, he had to go face the "torture" as he called it.

I would like to share Matthew 6:33 with you.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Making good choices...
Life is a series of choices. From the instant we wake in the morning until the moment we nod off to sleep at night, we make countless decisions; decisions about the things we do, decisions about the words we speak, and decisions about the thoughts we choose to think. The quality of those decisions determines the quality of our lives.

Sometimes, amid the inevitable hustle and bustle of life, we allow ourselves to behave in ways that we know are displeasing to God. when we do, we forfeit...although temporarily.... the joy and peace that we might otherwise experience through Him.

This is what I am learning.... As I consider the next step in life's journey, take the time to consider how many things in this life that can be controlled. For starters....thoughts, words, priorities, and actions. Then if I sincerely want to discover God's purpose for my life, make choices that are pleasing to Him. He deserves no less....me either.

I do not know who Gloria Gaither is, but she says... "There may be no trumpet sound or loud applause when we make the right decsion, just a calm sense of resolution and peace."

one more share....
This morning in my hustle and bustle, I forgot to guard my heart...didn't even say good morning to God. I began driving and the "ugly uglies" attempted to join my brain....I say no, I have Jesus. I received a God wink!

I am sure most of you have seen the rays from the sun hidden behind a cloud come down (me too),
but this morning I look up after seeing the rays
and the sun centered itself in a cloud...just like those pictures you see of the eye in the sky... My first!
I just about blinded myself, cause I could not stop looking at the beauty. [lol]

Well, everyone have a great eve and I be praying for you.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

After reading your posts this Psalm came to heart.
Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.

2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.

3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,

4 praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe,

5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.

Oh when we get past our bodies wants and praise the Lord through the hard times and the good times we'll be one moment closer to praising with new perfect bodies in Glory.

I'm thinking maybe earth is only practice for that perfect day. When we praise in this less than perfect day, it becomes a little bit better.

We start out blessing God and end up being the more blessed!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our musical family loves that one, DKat! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Lymetoo,

Wow, musical family ... what a blessing!

I know God's always with me, but when I need to be near Him, I always turn on good worship music.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Friends,

I am blessed by all that you shared!!

MDW...glad you are back and found your smile.

Today we had an early snowfall here in PA...well, in the whole northeast.

Everything looked so clean, white and fresh.

It reminded me of the fresh start that God gives us every new day. [bow]

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving me, and all of us, a chance to always do better tomorrow.

Blessed dreams dear God Thought friends...sleep well.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator...It"s beautiful what you say about God giving us another chance to improve ourselves each day he gives us.
Snow...unbelievable! but I do believe you.

I have had a beautiful afternoon with my two boys.
We shared in joy and laughter. We took a nature walk and ended up with pocket fulls of colorful leaves. Fed geese, rolled down a huge hill (not me, I watched). Played music....we each had a stick and played as we walked along an iron fence...amazing the different music each stick played. I was pinged a couple times with black walnuts as the boys tried to knock me off a concrete wall....THAT was funny. Then we went to the park and swung in the swings as high as we could reach.

After they wore me out, on our drive home we passed a church selling pumpkins, of course we had to stop in and buy a few. This has been such a joyful day spending quality time with my boys.
Living is so beautiful and cherishing each moment, each day God has given us. Thank you Father. Oh, I am sore and tired...but it's a good tired. Blessed day I have had.

I pray my God Thought family, that you have found some blessings in this day God has given you.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good day my dear God Thought family,

I decided to take a break from house cleaning and pop in and see how everyone is doing. It's quiet. Is this a good thing? Is everyone in such great moods with the Lord at their side, and enjoying the little blessings being given to them this day? I pray so.

I read something a bit ago and wanted to share for those in need of encouragement....

Carole Mayhall..... God is in the business of giving moments of sunlight, warmth, and joy during the storms as well as speaking a final "Peace" to them.

Looking out the living room window, you watch the storm clouds gather in the west. trees wave in the wind. Big dollop like raindrops splatter the window.

Then, a brief break in the overcast sky gives you a glimpse of sunlight. An unexpected knock on your door brings a wet, windblown friend with a thermos of hot coffee. The dramatic hues in the turbulant sky catch your eye like the colors of a treasured painting. The storm has a certain beauty all it's own.

We often talk about how God will "work it all together for good," as if He only gets involved in our life storms at the end when He puts all the peices together. He is there during the storm, always with you no matter how cold and wet and windy it gets. Watch for those unexpected moments of sunlight, warmth, and joy along the way.

God will help you experience brightness in stormy weather.

Good day and may you be blessed with a twinkle.

If you like you can take a peek at Mark 4:35-40

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

MDW ~ Thank you for your writes...you paint very good pictures with your words. I would like to have been there to see the walnut game. ouch!

I really like the what C. Mayhall said about God turning our storms to good plus He is with us during them.

Lord, please give me eyes to see the little twinkle gifts you send every day. Don't let me miss any or take them for granted.

Spent the day dress shopping with a friend. She has a wedding to go to this weekend. So we got to dress hunt and eat lunch out....and laugh a bit.

Time for detox bath 'treatment' & bed now ... thanks to herx-ville or cold-ville....who knows? Maybe the cold is pushing the others pain buttons too? ....we had almost 6" of snow yesterday but today it's gone. [Razz]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dkat, sorry you are in herx-ville. I hope the detox bath will help you. I took one last night...too late, it kept me awake many hours. Then I took another one this morning cause I played way much yesterday. Now that I have walked a couple miles with trick-or-treating...I think I might will soak my feet this night. I did enjoy the fun and watching all the littles race around door to door. How cute the littles are, all dressed up in costumes.

Pray everyone has a healing restful night. Chat another day. And yes, I do pray we each find twinkles each day. There are many hours in a day...right? I bet we can find a few [Wink]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning God Thought Friends,

After reading your posts, a song comes to my mind, it's an old one and I'm not sure I got all the words right. [Smile]

"I sing praises to Your Name oh most high.
I sing praises to Your Name oh Holy One.
For Thou art (You are) Holy
and worthy to receive
Praises, praises to Your Name."

Truly our Jesus is so worthy.

(I am hopeful to make some comments today responding to your posts...beautiful, encouraging!)

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon family,

I met a beautiful gentleman while I was in Illinois taking care of my mother over the summer.
Irishman with a catholic background, rides his motorcycle cross country to benefit charities in his spare time.
I spoke to this man only twice in person. In the last couple weeks he has called me many times with a painful heart.

I have been speaking to him about God and His Word...yes, me!
I get scared sometimes because I am not good at all with this kind of chat. For some reason though, God wants me to. I tell this gentleman stories and scriptures I have learned from my dear family here on God Thought.

I just wanted to say thank you to my family for the golden nuggets of truth you have shared with me, so that I might be able to help another in need.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Wanted to share what I read in "Meet Me in the Meadow" a short bit ago....

Truth Within

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. Psalm 51:6 NKJV

What is at your core? What abides within, at the deepest part of who you are? If truth is there, if light is there, if peace is there, if hope is there, if joy is there, if love is there--Christ is there!

This is my wonderful story--

Christ to my heart has come;

Jesus the King of glory,

Finds in my heart a home.

Was there e'er story so moving,

Story of love and pain;

Was there e'er Bride-groom so loving,

Seeking our hearts to gain?

Now in His bosom confiding,

This my glad song shall be:

I am in Jesus abiding,

Jesus abides in me.

-A. B. Simpson

Okay...I have much to do, everyone have an eve with peace, hope, love and joy, And healing. Chat another day.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

daisy, I remember that song....very good one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sQ_bLpyk1E

MDW, How great that you are able to help this gentleman. He must know you have a peace and truth inside he is missing. [Cool]

It's been a sunny day here today...feels so good after the snow! Cloths dried nicely on the line, I was able to embroider some on a shirt for my aunt, hubby's making dinner...it's all good.

Today the Lord has blessed me with a big twinkle gift.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Okay, I had to pop in again while I am waiting on dinner to finish up...(pork tenderloin)

Dekat...thanks for remembering the song daisy posted, and finding the link. Pretty song it is to my ears. might so what you say about this gent. I pray he finds what so many are missing.

So God gave you a big twinkle gift....how wonderful! and how wonderful He is. Sure would be nice to be your neighbor...think you would have patience teaching me how to embroider? I could try ones patience. I remember when my grandmother would hang clothes on the line. I would take the pins from a pocket she had and place them one-two at a time in her hand.
The clothes smelled so refreshing after being in the breeze most of day. Grandmother also had one of those washing machines that she would run clothes through a ringer that she hand cranked. memories.
Hubby cooking, that is a wonderful twinkle, along with the other gifts. So thankful God gave you the energy and health this day needed for your joys. Thanks for sharing, Dekat...made my night with smiles.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi Friends,

I had lots of "twinkle" moments just reading what all of you shared!

God is working in your lives for sure!!

MDW, You have come a long way! [Big Grin] [Wink]

How wonderful that you are able to share the Word of our Lord with this gentleman!! What a blessing and encouragement!!

daisy,

I didn't recognize the song, but the words are beautiful!

DKat,

Hope you will be feeling better very soon, dear friend.

Thanks for posting the link to the song lyrics daisy posted.

I don't remember hearing it before.

On Friday I am going to a Lyme conference and I'm excited because if all goes as planned, I will be meeting 17hens in person!!! [woohoo]

She has been such a blessing here on God Thought and lymenet, and an encouragement to me, so I am quite excited about that!

Have a great evening friends! Praying for everyone. [group hug]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving and some twinkle moments right now...including some happy tears. I am so blessed reading your posts.

Now I've read all your posts above my post yesterday...plus your new posts, honestly, it doesn't look like I'll be able to respond individually at this time...yet I thank you so much for sharing. I am so blessed and I know others are too as we read your writes!

I leave you all, my God Thought friends, with this beautiful prayer from God's Word, Numbers 6:24-26,

``The LORD bless you
and keep you;

the LORD make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;

the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.''

And I add to that, "the Lord reach out His arms to you and heal you, in Jesus Name.

I am praying for each of you.

[group hug]

PS: Think I'll keep this thread going until next week if that is ok with everyone...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An update on my SIL's great nephew who has brain cancer....

From his mother, Missy...

Last night we cheated and let Gage skip a treatment. We did! We were naughty. He wanted to trick or treat and so we let him. We have a crazy street full of kids and everyone was out running from house to house.

It was pretty funny to watch. Gage wore out quickly. He didn't run either. He is just weak right now from the meds, weight gain from the steroid, and me not forcing him to exercise more.

We ran out of candy to hand out so we had to use all his and Andie Grace's. [she's 4] They didn't hesitate to give it away. We don't have candy or eat candy so I thought AG would hold on to her treats for dear life, but she didn't. She asked if she could have a piece and we said yes and that was that. I was so blessed to watch my kids have the opportunity to sacrifice for others to benefit.

That's being Jesus to people who won't ever know. It is their heart attitude I got to see. I used to think Halloween was all evil, turn out the lights and judge those who do it. Not anymore. I see it as opportunity and I read about Jesus always involved in what was going on it the community not hiding from it.

I have learned in my life that everything isn't black and white. There are some gray areas that God may put us. It would be easier if it was all clear but sometimes you get to wait on God and be led by Him. He will lead you into some gray and He will direct you when you get there. If you already knew the way to go then why would you wait for Him?

We are standing for healing in Gage. It is done and we will walk it out. God is still on His throne and He is still in control. When chaos erupts around us we may get shaken; but, we will not be moved off the course God put us on.

Why isn't healing black and white for everyone? Why are there gray areas? Guess what? My mind wants to figure out why it isn't working for them and what they did differently. Judging them. That's really what it is.

All day yesterday I wanted to figure out why Joseph wasn't responding to treatment. I was angry. What was the deal?? Here's the deal. God doesn't have the same plan for everyone. Done. It's different. The treatment for our kids was the same.

But there is always the gray area. That isn't for me to understand or figure out. It's for me to trust God through. Joseph's parents have chosen to stop all treatment and believe God for a miracle. Isn't that all any of us have really??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Beautiful prayer scripture you shared, daisy! Thanks!

You feel free to let this thread go as long as you need to.

Lymetoo,

Thank you for sharing that update about Gage. That is wonderful that he got to go trick or treating and just feel like a regular kid.

It is obvious that Gage and Andie Grace have God's love inside of them and share it with others.

His Mom sounds awesome....such strong faith in the storm!!

I will continue to pray for Gage's total healing, and Joseph's too....that's so sad.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

They have had quite a journey as his first bout with cancer was at age 2. He is now 8+.

All of the children are caring, loving and giving. And yes, Missy is an incredibly strong woman. I imagine her husband is just as strong.

Such an inspiration.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator.... how exciting for you, give 17hens a hug from me. Will this be your first lyme conference? You be safe, and enjoy yourself come friday...well everyday.

Daisy... back at you with the beautiful prayer from God's Word. I like happy tears too... Well happy lump in throat.

lymetoo...thanks for sharing this story...I am so glad that Gage was able to be a child and have an eve of being just that. Gage is an inspiration. I will keep him in prayers.

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Dekrator - Sounds like a great Friday! Please share what you learn ... will be praying for your safe, healthy trip (& hens, too)

Lymetoo - The post you shared is precious. I'm speechless....and will pray for Gage and his family but I'm sure the Lord is already near to him.

Psalm 17:6-8 (NKJV)
I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.

Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You from those who rise up against them.

Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AMEN!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Yes this is my first Lyme condference. I'll take some notes.

I'll give hens a hug from you!

Dkat,

Yeppers, I'll share what I learn on Friday. Thanks for the prayers!

It should be a very good Friday. My cousin, whom I don't see very often, lives near the conference location, so I am going early to meet her for lunch before the conference.

Beautiful Psalm you posted!

Have a restful, healing evening everyone!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

Just wanted to post an encouraging scripture:

Ephesians 3:16-18(NIV)

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family!

Wow, what a morning I am having...bout to stress a wee bit.

I am taking care of five golden retriever's at the moment. I only had three ( one is mine ), then a death in a family gave me two more. I pray for this family.

It's all good though.....
I say thank you Lord for these creatures...because I been praying for the fundings, holiday's are around the corner, yes indeed. Got me thinking as I am thanking God...

Thanksgiving is the day in which we express gratitude towards each person that has been connected to our life. In the Bible it says each day we should be thankful to feel the love of God.

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, because His love, mercy and grace continue forever.

Thanksgiving brings us closer to people and to the Lord. So, in the Bible there are many scriptures of Thanksgiving, I will share one and thought it would be fun if you shared one...

Psalms 140:1 - "Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence."
This verse tells us about the power of Thanksgiving. It says that if you are thankful to God then he will always be with you. You can feel His presence by giving Thanks.

I was reading a short bit about the Jewish people, they have a beautiful Thanksgiving prayer they recite...I share,

Blessed Art Thou, O Lord our God,
King of the universe
who brings forth bread from the earth
Blessed Art thou, O Lord our God,
King of the universe
who created the fruit of the vine.

Ok, need to step outside for a bit and have some elbow room away from the dogs! Chat later....

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator I was typing when you post,beautiful, encouraging scripture you post thanks. bye...

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you all, I so enjoy reading these posts. Thanks MDW for the reminder and invite. I love you, your minds and hearts spill out the love of Jesus. I am so much better today because of all of you. I was reminded my favorite psalm for 20 years. He has never failed me and I know through this he will not fail me.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.

4 Blessed is the one
who trusts in the LORD,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.[b]

5 Many, LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire--
but my ears you have opened[c]--
burnt offerings and sin offerings[d] you did not require.

7 Then I said, ``Here I am, I have come--
it is written about me in the scroll.[e]

8 I desire to do your will, my God;
your law is within my heart.''

9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips, LORD,
as you know.

10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
from the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD;
may your love and faithfulness always protect me.

12 For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.

13 Be pleased to save me, LORD;
come quickly, LORD, to help me.

14 May all who want to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

15 May those who say to me, ``Aha! Aha!''
be appalled at their own shame.

16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
``The LORD is great!''

17 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
you are my God, do not delay..

Amen Sisters xoxoxoxo

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

flutterby, so happy you came to visit...I have a smile on my face, see... [Smile] I really enjoyed the psalm you share, 20 years you say. See you are right, He has never left you...cause He looooves you. I will continue to pray for you, you do have much on your plate. So happy your light is brighter this night.

I was driving home this night after dropping off a couple dogs...Thank you Jesus! whew. Pretty song it is...called Glorious. Might be beautiful to your ears also......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AD-Lq8iNr4&feature=related

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Great idea...scriptures of Thanksgiving!!

I loved reading about your dog sitting and your Thanksgiving thoughts.

Great scripture that you shared!

And that IS a very pretty song...never heard it before.

I pray for you...that all your needs will be met, and that God will heal you completely.

fflutterby,

Wowzers!!! That's a great Psalm and I can understand why it is your favorite for 20 years.

I especially love verse 2:

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

AMEN, AMEN!!!

So happy that you are feeling better and joined us here.

Hope you have a peaceful sleep tonight dear friend! Praying for you too!!...and everyone here.

Philippians 4:6(NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW - I have never heard that song - My eyes have seen the glory of the Lord. What a refreshing song and beautiful video !

Dekrator - He has lifted me up out of so many slimy pits your head would spin, that is my all time favorite verse.

I listened to your songs (love love love me some Christian music )and He led me to the this song. After posting about giving up and I felt the Spirit of Jesus, reminding me that that is just what we are supposed to do ! Give up !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYDcvY2lfI

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

ffluterby,

Great song..love that one too!

Yes, when we hit rock bottom and give up, that's when we look UP!

God loves you so much fflutterby...and He is working through you right now...you are already encouraging me and others.

Christian music is all I listen to anymore..love, love, love me some Christian music too!! [Big Grin] [group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon God thought family.

Yes, I do understand the pit thing myself, the Lord sure has had to wipe my face on many a time...I couldn't see because the muck was in my eyes on those days I fell face first. Anyways I was reading Psalm 50, God Himself Is Judge.
A thanksgiving thought....

Psalms 50:14 - "Offer unto God thanksgiving, and pay your vows unto the Most High"
This Thanksgiving thought in the Bible, God commands us to be thankful so that we are humble enough to offer our gratitude towards the Almighty who protects us.

Good day family, I pray you have some twinkles this day and Dekrator I pray for your safe travels to and from the Lyme conference.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Oh Dekrator,

I had to read Phillipians 4:6 that you shared...

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

This means through thanksgiving we can offer our prayers to God who knows what are our problems are.

Fun, thank you for sharing.

Dkat I hope and pray you are well...you say the other day you were herxing...you better?

Hi daisy...miss you on God Thought.

Sammy.. been thinking and praying for you.

fflutterby...I hope you had a good day at work.

payne...you still fasting?

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Thanks for sharing more Thanksgiving scripture.

I also have been face first in the muck many times. God always pulls me out and cleans me up.

This eve I am thankful because I was soooo blessed to meet 17hens at the Lyme Seminar.

She is soooo sweet and kind.....but we already knew that. [kiss]

She has been an encouragement to me.

I told her that even though I knew she was younger (than me), I always pictured her as older than she really is because she always seems to have such wise answers and posts here.

The conference was good...but one Dr was an ID Dr and he presented much misinformation.

But my LLMD spoke too, and as hens put it...he kicked some butt. [Big Grin]

Have a great weekend dear friends!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good evening dear God Thought Friends!

I had a quiet day....did a little shopping, laundry, reading and computer time.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and feeling thankful and hopeful....our joy is in the Lord!

Just going to post some song links for anyone who wants to listen to some inspirational music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5OtCnDYklI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOMxPTXQuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Uj_B0KNgU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WnAq0o2Xl8&feature=related

Hugs to all!!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I liked this reminder that I am serving the Lord and not man...that I must be sincere and honest and please God in all that I do....

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)

Today's Gospel reading from church was a great reminder to always be prepared...I/we do not know when He is coming...

Matthew 25: 1 - 13

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be compared to ten maidens who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.

2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.

3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them;

4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps.

5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 But at midnight there was a cry, `Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.'

7 Then all those maidens rose and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'

9 But the wise replied, `Perhaps there will not be enough for us and for you; go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.'

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast; and the door was shut.

11 Afterward the other maidens came also, saying, `Lord, lord, open to us.'

12 But he replied, `Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good eve,

Dekrator... so glad you had a blessed other day meeting with 17hens.

Matthew 25:1-13 I learned last week in Bible class! I learned so much. The class took one verse at a time 1-13.

The parable of not knowing the day or hour of His coming, we must always be ready.

A) Christians are like the virgins awaiting the bridegroom.
some are wise...
They diligently prepare themselves for the Master's coming, heeding the call to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord.
knowing what is to come, they "look for it and live accordingly.

B) Some are foolish.
They know the Lord is coming, but they are not prpared. They may be like the servent who says, "My master is delaying his coming," and act accordingly. Yet, Jesus has warned what will happen to such evil servents.

Despite their pleas, the foolish virgins were not permitted to the wedding. When the lord comes again, the time for salvation is gone.

Be careful not to let this world to pre-occupy us
through worldly lusts. Through wordly concerns.

Be steadfast in prayer, for in prayer we naturally maintain an attitude of watchfulness. For in prayer we can assure that we will be counted worthy as we confess our sins.

Be diligent to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I sure want the Lord to know me.
Thanks Dekrator for sharing the Gospel read! Help remind me.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Thank you so much for sharing what you learned from your Bible class.

Very wise thoughts you shared about Matthew 25:1-13 !!

Have a blessed evening full of God's hope and peace!

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning,
I was out and about this morning and this great song came on the radio...only second time I have heared this song,. I share with you...

Sweet Holy Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbs5ePV_6c&feature=related

Pride is weighing me down
It's choking my heart
I'm chained up and bound
If pride is my prison
Then Grace be my key
Sweet Holy Spirit
Come rescue me

Spirit Spirit I surrender
Spirit Spirit I submit to you now
Spirit Spirit I surrender
Spirit sweet Holy Spirit

You know for so long I was a drowning man
I was hopeless and lost at sea yes I was
But Lord you threw me a line
Brought me back to your shore
Now I can feel the light from your lighthouse
Shining down on me yes I can

Worry oh what can I say
I've worried so much
I forget how to pray
Well I'm down on my knees
And this is coming from my soul
Sweet Holy Spirit
Come make me whole

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning All,

TGIM!

Great songs...Great verses...to our Great God!!! He alone is worthy!

Ffluterby, I so agree, He has lifted me up out of so many slimy pits your head would spin, too. Ha ha...I don't know where I'd be without Jesus...probably drowning in slime. Psalm 20, so encouraging.

DKat, Psalm 17...more great verses! The apple of His eye...that is always worth remembering. We are so very precious!

Lymetoo, Thank you for sharing Missy's write. Oh, wow. What a woman of faith! So true...the longer I'm a Believer...the more I realize the gray areas...just another way of saying, "We need the Holy Spirit's guidance!" Prayers for the family!

Dekrator, I'm jealous, hee hee...you, hens, and the conference...WOW! Great parable about being ready.

MDW, Thank you for sharing about the verses from your Bible study. WOW, beautiful. I like that and I want to be like the wise virgins. Holy Spirit thank You that You live inside of us and help us be able to please the Father.

Pray everyone is experiencing God's presence...He is there with you...you know?!!!

Have a great week!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement