LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 11/7 - 11/28/11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 11/7 - 11/28/11
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We have officially entered the HOLYday Season and it is all about the HOLY One-Jesus!

We shall ever..."Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever" (Psalm 107:1).

Have a blessed day, a blessed week, a blessed Novermber, a blessed December...we're on the homestretch for 2011...almost over.

Christian love and holy hugs!

FYI, our brother the apostle Paul wrote, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us" (Romans 8:18).

Hallelooooooo \o/

[ 11-29-2011, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: daisyrlb ]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy...You gave me homework..thanks.
I was reading Psalm 118:1, it also says "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"

Daisy? not real sure what Holy Season means..did we talk about this last year?

Colossians 3:17 - "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." This strength and power that Jesus provides to all the people who believe Him. Whatever we do, we do it through Jesus. So, we should thank him for loving us.

Ok, need to get busy again. Chat.... hmm, soon.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that daisy...HOLYday season!!

Friends,

I have a prayer request:

My cousin, Scott, has just been diagnosed with Stage III cancer. I am not sure of all the details yet, but I think it is esophageal and stomach.

He sees the Oncologist tomorrow to determine the plan of Rx.

Please pray for him! Thank you dear friends.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do, Dekrator! So sorry to hear that! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs friends, it's so good to see you here [Smile]

Dekrator, I will pray for your cousin Scott. Will you keep us updated as you learn more? With our God, nothing is impossible.

The verses MDW and Daisy posted above reminded me of a song. This would be a good one to fall asleep to while singing in our hearts. "Forever" by Chris Tomlin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjrAeWCOg6Q

Good night!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day, Good Day, and God Day to EVERYONE!

sammy, It's so great to see you on God Thought. Thanks for sharing the song...we are so blessed that it IS forever! And where there will be no more tears. "No more tears" I think that covers everything! [bow]

MDW, I was just being silly and playing with words on that HOLYday instead of holiday. [bonk] [dizzy]

Dekrator, So very sorry about Scott. Praying for God's encouragement and blessings to all the family...and expecially His healing touch. May God give the doctors and family wisdom on how to proceed and we pray for a good outcome.

Lymetoo, Hugs.

Do you know what God's thoughts towards you and me are? Let me find the verse...I know it's in my favorite psalm...139.

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! If I would count them, they are more than the sand" Psalm 139:17-18).

FYI, God is thinking about us.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your prayers for Scott, Lymetoo, sammy and daisy!!

I will update you as I learn more.

Beautiful song by Chris Tomlin, sammy!

Psalm 139:17-18 is awesome, daisy! It's hard to imagine that God's precious thoughts about us number more than the sand.

Wow, we are blessed!!!!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you all today. 1/2 day at work today. It feels nice to be home right now. Dropping in to catch up.

Dekrator, I will also pray for your cousin Scott.

I hope you are all having a good day. I don;t have energy for many words, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxoxoxo

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you for praying for Scott, fflutterby!!

I appreciate it!

So glad you were able to check in on God Thought.

Hope you get some relaxing time this eve.

Hugs!!

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have never received the Lord Jesus Christ and experienced new life
in Him, you can do it right now. Let this simple prayer be a guide:

Dear Lord,
I confess that I am a sinner and that I have come short of your glory. But I
believe that You love me and that Jesus died on the Cross for my sins. I confess

with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in my heart that You have raised
Him from the dead. I now receive Your wonderful gift of salvation through Jesus
Christ my Lord, and I ask you to fill me with

Your Holy Spirit.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, you have just entered
into a new and wonderful relationship with God.

All the blessings and promises
of God, and the saving benefits of the Lord Jesus Christ belong now to you.
Receive your healing now--in Jesus' name

--------------------

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning,

Dekartor, always good to see your faithful posts encouraging all of us.

fflutterby, thank you for including the prayer for people to receive Jesus. What a great idea! I never thought of that. And what a great time with the HOLYdays coming up. Make Thanksgiving and Christmas all the more special!

Jesus is the reason for the HOLYdays...I mean the Season. [Wink]

Have a great day counting your blessings...and it will surprise you what the Lord has done! He is so good!

[group hug]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Great idea, fflutterby!! So great of you to think of that.

Thanks, daisy, for your kind words.

I saw this short inspirational story and wanted to share it...It's called "Keep Your Fork":

http://hopefaithlove.us/keep-your-fork/?utm_source=HFL&utm_medium=FB&utm_term=STORY&utm_content=fork&utm_campaign=11-9-11_7a

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those feeling sad and blue ..

This will comfort you.....

"NO MORE NIGHT"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYbTCp2qIfM&feature=player_embedded

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator,

Prayers sent your way and for Scott. I am sorry for his ordeal.

flutterby,

Thanks for the prayer. It is so simple isn't it, to become a Believer. All we have to do is ask.

Tutu,

That little girl is amazing; God has certainly given her a gift.

Please continue prayers for my father-in-law, Bill, he is still being cared for by hospice and is holding his own.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning,

It's a beautiful day in Oklahoma...cold at 35*...both the full moon and the sun shining [Smile] When I drove to work it was nice and warm in the car...sure glad we have a garage.

Not yet checked out the links, look forward to watching them.

This morning I was singing this beautiful song "Eternity". Following are the words.

"I will be Yours
You will be mine
Together in the eternity
Our hearts of love will be entwined
Together in the eternity
Forever in the eternity
(repeat)

No more tears of pain, in you eyes
No more fear or shame
for we will be with You
Yes we will be with You

I wil be yours, You will be mine
Together in the eternity
Our hearts of love will be entwined
Together in the eternity

We will worship
We will worship You forever"

Have a blessed day!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

linky, I missed your post since I was typing that in between breaks and the time just got a way from me. I didn't double check to see if someone else had posted. Sorry about yur father-in-law. Praying for God's peace and presence.

Hugs linky.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Lymetoo,

Thanks for posting that beautiful song! She is amazing and awesome!!

linky,

Thanks for the prayers for Scott!! I really appreciate it!!

I will keep your father-in-law in my prayers too.

daisy,

Beautiful lyrics you were singing this morning.

I don't recognize them without the music...I'll try to find it on youtube.

It's getting cold here in PA too. We were lucky and had several 65 degree days, but that's over now.

Praying for everyone!!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Friends,

Here is an update about my cousin Scott and his recent cancer diagnosis:

He had a test to see if the cancer is Stage III or Stage IV.

I have not heard the results of that test.

The Dr told him he will need 13 weeks of chemo, then radiation, and then surgery.

It will be a long road. Please continue to keep Scott in your prayers.

Thank you so much!

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we will keep Scott on our prayer list. God bless him.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon,

Linky, praying for your father-in-law.

Dekrator, praying for your cousin. I really liked reading about the fork.

fflutterby, I pray you are doing better this day. I like the prayer you posted...I remember when I said the special prayer with my heart and how it made me feel.

daisy, 35 is cold..brr. Eternity is a beautiful song, I have heared a few times on the radio.

Sammy, I read you have been having some rough days, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I also enjoyed listening to your song, Forever.

Dkat, I pray you are doing well heart friend, miss you. [group hug]

With the posts and songs and link that has been shared, I have a song by PFR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnpsrMqEVA&feature=related

I'm remembering the words
inside my head
I heard them yesterday.

A whisper telling me that life
waits up ahead
Beyond the day-to-day.

Though this world will lend me
my fair share of pain,
Leave me broken and bruised

I know there's a Father and His Son
who know my name
And they will see me through.
Oh yes, I know.

I believe He paid the price
a sacrifice
so we could be together forever.

And I know when I see Jesus' face
all my tears will be erased forever.

Hidden in my heart
the day He called me friend
the day He set me free.

I found Him one summer day
or better said,
Jesus You found me.

I gave You my loneliness
and broken heart,
Oh! You gave to me Your love.
Your love!

I believe He paid the price
a sacrifice
so we could be together forever.

And I do believe I'll see the face
of Jesus and we'll both embrace together.
Forever.

All in my prayers friends. Have a peaceful eve.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

"Meet Me In The Meadow" share....

Blessed in the Little Things

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits-who crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things. Psalm 103:1,5

Little things, though simple in their demonstration, can be great in their significance in our lives. A harvest of joy can be received from the sowing of little things that spontaneously flow from a giving heart, and come to us freely from a gracious God. ``Welcome and make ours whatever good, though small, the present brings--kind greetings, sunshine, song of birds, and flowers--with a child's pure delight in little things. -R.C. Trench

Into our lives, in many simple, familiar, homely ways, God infuses this element of joy from the surprises of life, which unexpectedly brighten our days, and fill our eyes with light. He drops this added sweetness into His children's cup, and makes it to run over. -S. Longfellow

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks linky and MDW for continued prayers for Scott!

I'll go back a little later and listen to your song link, MDW...and I'll go back and read "Meet Me in the Meadow"..thanks for sharing!

Here is a link to the song daisy was singing this morning, "Eternity"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8ug3ghLjM

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Little Rhema blesses my soul every time I hear her sing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Hello my sisters and brothers in Christ.

daisyrlb - It is so true about counting our blessings. The more I count the less my shortcomings seem.

MDW005 - How beautiful, the little things...that is really what it is all about !

linky123 - Yes it is simple and sets us free. I am praying for your father in law.

Lymetoo - WOW !!! Her voice is a voice of an angel, sends the chills through me. How very beautiful.

Sammy thanks for posting "Forever." This is one of my favorites. Praying for you to have some good days.

Dekrator48 still praying for Scott, may the Lord our God carry him through these 13 weeks.

Just checking in and getting ready to settle down. I am praying blessings of health and happiness for all of you tonight. Yay tomorrow is Friday and we have made it through another week, God is good.

I thank Him for allowing me to rise and work and take care of my family. Even if it means pushing through and pretending everything is ok. I am pulling it off. Hallelujah !!

Restarted my mepron and need prayers that I can tolerate it this time.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

fflutterby,

Thank you for the prayers for my cousin, Scott.

Praying for you too, fflutterby!!

May God give you all that you need, every moment of everyday!

--------------------

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi God-thought friends,

Just wanted to give voice to my thankfulness for all your writes of encouragement, prayers and song links.

I'm always blessed by stopping in here.

I'll share a link for a song, Holy (Wedding Day) by City Harmonic .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cP31HPK-vY

You are in my prayers .... Dekrator, praying for Scott, too. May the Great Physician erase what's been said with perfect healing!

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Update on 8 yr old Gage, who has brain cancer. He is off treatment until his liver enzymes come down.

-

From his mom...

Well, we are still off treatment. This stinks; but, is necessary for Gage's liver to take a break. Pray that tomorrow, when we do blood work, we see a reduction in the liver enzymes. Gage has been stressed out that he is no longer on treatment.

Last night he and Dan prayed together that God would take away his fear. He had a great night after they prayed and he slept in his own bed. We are trying to help him not worry because worry is from satan and not from God.

God knew Gage would go off when he did and God knows what he's doing with Gage's life. So, tomorrow is a BIG day for Gage's blood work. Liver enzymes need to come down. Pray with us.

Switching gears, Dane had his first Junior High basketball game tonight. He is still home schooled; but, is playing A team for a private school he used to attend. They have two Junior High teams total, Dane is in 6th grade, A and B team.

He made A team and scored 16 points tonight. I am so proud of him. My kids need a big night or day or event. It's been a bit crazy around here for a while. I am so excited for him and he was so excited.

Gage and the girls were there to cheer him on. Dane is also playing in the championship football game Sat night. He is having a fun week and his excitement blesses me and amazes me.

God has made a way for my other kids to attend classes for home schooler's, play sports, go to dance, be mostly normal while we have a precious one on this demanding treatment.

God has taken care of the details. He loves details. I hate them so he and I have a great understanding going. I TRY to do what he asks and he takes care of the details. Thanking God tonight for this moment, this time, this very day that we are together as a family enjoying a little bit of normal.

I will let you know how the blood turns out. Enjoy the moment, the day, the memory.

Believing,
Missy

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

Thanks for sharing the update...I'm praying with you!

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

DKat,

Thanks for your prayers for me/us and for Scott!! It is sooo appreciated!

Lymetoo,

Will continue to pray for Gage! Thanks so much for the update.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good evening friends!

Just popping in to share some scriptures:

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:2 (NIV)

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9 (NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Praying for everyone, dear friends!!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good evening friends!

I love this song...my grandsons and I were singing it in the car on the way home from church and breakfast Sunday morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOMxPTXQuA

This evening I was driving down a lane, not far from our house, when a large deer jumped right across the road in front of me.

It damaged our Suburban's bumper, fender, grill and headlight.

The deer didn't make it. I was not hurt.

I was heading to Deven's indoor soccer practice and it was already dark at 5:30 pm.

I thank God that it was not worse and I was not hurt.

I'm glad I was not in a smaller car or it may have been different. That deer was running full speed.

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Dekrator, Thats so sweet, you singing with your Grandsons ! "Love has come for us all" What a wonderful thing to teach our children. My dd and I sing and dance everytime we hear this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bau1ItGgYjI

We just stop whatever we are doing and find each other ! Love it

Oh my, hitting a dear is scary. We have tons of them here and we really have to be careful at dusk. I am glad you are ok !!!

Praying for all of my God thought friends, I hope all of you are feeling good today !

Found this on today and thought I would share it:

Only someone facing or sharing a serious sickness, pain or tragedy knows how hard it is. They know how hard it is to cope with the fear and uncertainty. They know how absurd it sounds when someone first tells them to "keep a positive attitude". They know how terrifying it is when the doubt comes. They know how hard it is to throw a mountain into the sea. But remember what Jesus told us in Matthew 17:19-20 when he said "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Faith as small as a mustard seed sounds a little like hope to me, and that's a good start.

God bless you on your healing journey.

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh thank you Lord for protecting Dekrator and her grandsons, for watching over them and keeping them from harm.

Dekrator, I'm so glad to know that you all are OK. Hugs [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator, I am so happy God was watching over you this eve, and you were unharmed. how precious singing with the grandchildren...memories. little twinkle blessings.

fflutterby, I enjoyed reading the scripture you post about faith. I was watching a very good online service this eve...Wow, it was an amazing service...changing our character...wow did I say wow? Let me find real quick one of the verses shared in the service...... Here we go, yes,
Galations 2:19-20 ( the weeks are about, God happens while we're busy making other plans)

19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

That is powerful! The service discussed how God wants to change our character...all of it. What we do with our new life now is what's important, what counts from now on...stop trying to fix the past.

Hebrews 12:2-3

Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

This is one of the songs played.....

Glory Of It All
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA2KJ-sqYLU&feature=related

I am so pumped, what a great service it was...time to go study before bed.

hugs and prayers

ps...preacher also talked about how God changed Moses' and Pauls character.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

fflutterby,

I really enjoyed that song you posted! I saved it to my favorites so I can listen more. thanks!

So true what you shared...thanks for the prayers!

Praying for you also!

sammy,

Thanks sammy! I think if I had been driving a smaller car that sits low, that deer may have gone throught the windshield.

Hugs and prayers back at you!!

MDW,

Thanks...scary time...I can still see that deer coming across the road, then BIG THUMP!

Wow, powerful stuff you shared this eve..thanks!!

Beautiful song and scripture. I can feel your excitement! Hugs and prayers!!

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator, it was a service I really needed to hear this night...awesome and deep it was. Yes, the preacher even talked about how it's not "how" much we do for the Lord, as it is how we do it. What is a Christian.

I remember in my younger days, I had a really nice sports car...I really liked that car. I worked the night shift at the hospital, and on my way to work (speeding 70), a deer had been hit by an on coming car, stunned the deer. Well this guy had pulled to the side of the road with his lights on and blinded my vision. The deer was in the middle of my lane....I smacked him so hard it crushed the front end of my car into the windshield....I do not know how I survived and stepped out without a scratch on me. That was such a shock...did not make it to work that night.
I thank God you are safe dear friend. Good night, and peaceful sleep to you.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for sharing what you are learning from the service, MDW!

Wow, it sounds like you were more than lucky...blessed actually, walking away from that deer accident without a acratch.

Thanks, dear friend, hope you also sleep well.

Last night and again today, I watched a DVD that a friend loaned to me.

It was Dr Creflo Dollar, a preacher (in GA, I think,) preaching about hell....wow, very powerful message he got across, by the depiction of what hell might be like...very scary.

Thank you, Jesus...because of You, we do not have to experience hell.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Just found this youtube video with a small, but scary part of the video by Dr Creflo Dollar, called the Truth about Hell....caution...it's intense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZq4XBAWHLY&feature=related

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning family,

I went to Bible class this morning. I will share a Psalm that was part of class this day....
Psalm 100
A Psalm Giving Thanks.

1. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!

2. Serve the lord with gladness!
come into his presence with singing!

3. Know the Lord, he is good! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4. Enter the gates with thanksgiving. and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Class was about Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24
The Lord God will seek them out.

What a great read! " For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out"....
I let you read the rest if you like. Awesome class.

Tomorrow night I will be attending a fellowship dinner with the boys joining in another class...Never been to a dinner...excited and scared a wee bit.

There will be a gent named Chris Moses, he will be performing "The Romans Experience" (Pauls letter to the Romans) on this dinner night. I am thrilled to be able to attend. I will share all about to you if you like.

Ok, well I best get busy. Oh, dekrator, I am scared to open your link...you say caution...I think I might pass. Good day.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Sounds like a great class you had! Thank you for sharing from your class!!

Hope you had a great fellowship dinner tonight.
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Can't wait to hear about it and "The Romans Experience".

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

How is everyone doing??

Hopefully everyone is just busy enjoying life!

Praying for all of you!! [kiss]

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

I was thinking the same thing. I am agreeing in prayer with you Dekrator ! I had a pretty decent day today, praising Jesus. I feel like the more I thank Him the better I feel. I am trying to learn to concentrate on my blessings.

Belted this one out all the way to work this AM and He lifted me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXp6xcY5IqU

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Aww, fflutterby...great song to belt out!!

So glad you had a good day!

I agree with you.."I feel like the more I thank Him the better I feel."

I am trusting God to work out everything for the good!

Have another great day tomorrow praising God!

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

MDW, thank you for sharing about your class today. I'm not able to take part in a Bible group right now so I really enjoy hearing about what you are learning and studying.

Hope you had fun at your fellowship dinner! I grew up in a very small church. We would have dinners after church on sunday nights. Most of the time they were in celebration of a baptism or special occasion, worked out to be at least once a month. We always looked forward to the food and the fellowship [Smile]

fflutterby, I like that song too! After I listened to your's I noticed there was another Casting Crowns song that I had never heard before listed on the right. It's called "The Well":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo0Bf7Ebbu8

Thank you for your prayers and praying with you too Dekrator and fflutterby [Smile]

Hugs and good night to all my God thought friends!

[ 11-17-2011, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: sammy ]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

Thanks Sammy for your kind words and enjoying what I am learning. Sometimes I think I just chat too much and take up space. I really enjoy going to Bible study, because the family there treat me so wonderful and know that I am new to all this Bible read...they want to teach me....thats what is so great!

Wow, last night was a deep teaching of Pauls letter to the Romans. I cannot even begin to explain the experience so I have a link that talks about the Roman Experience....( I do hope you open the link)

http://www.experienceromans.com/Experience_Romans/Welcome.html

Dinner and fellowship was absolutely wonderful.
I was so scared to go, considering it was my first. Gosh, I am so glad I did not chicken out of attending. I would have missed out on something beautiful.

Sammy, I pray one day here real soon you will be able to attend Bible study again. I will share with you what I learn, if you like. I have to get in a routine again, I have been watching on-line church because ...wow, I have not been to Sunday church in months now. Not feeling well, too busy?? When Sunday rolls around...seems like I am pooped and aches and pains from doing too much in the week and can't seem to get my bum in first gear.

I look foreward to everyones share this day. I pray all my God Thought Family have a healing day with twinkle blessings.

Chat later [group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

flutterby...I like the song you sing (belted out). I hear this song much during the day on the radio.

Sammy...Your link will not open to song??? But I do know the song "The Well" you speak of.

Ok, really for real, I need to get busy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Thanks MDW, I fixed the link to the song. I think I had heard "The Well" before on the radio but I had never really listened closely to the words. Or they never really sank in before, know what I mean?

Funny how God does that. He's always with us, watching over us, moving behind the scenes, providing whatever we need at just the right time. I've observed this often lately. Not only in my life but in the lives of my friends and family too.

It makes me feel so overwhelmingly grateful to be a child of such a loving father God. I feel so humbled, undeserving and ever so grateful. Kinda makes my heart feel like it's going to burst right now as I try to tell you about it.

Hugs, have a great day friends!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

Great song you posted sammy! Glad you were able to pop in and share!

MDW,

I haven't had a chance to click on the link yet to hear about the Roman experience, but I will. Thanks for sharing it!

friends,

I was watching Joyce Meyer this morning and I had to share this part of her broadcast...it was hilarious!

It is about our perspective and attitude.

If you click on the link and then scroll the broadcast ahead to 13:40 you can listen to the part where she reads the letter....soo funny and true!

http://www.joycemeyer.org/broadcasthome.aspx?video=It's_Time_for_an_Attitude_Adjustment

Have a blessed day dear friends!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning All My God Thought Friends,

I am thankful for each of you...and that you're all keeping God's thoughts going. Thank you for your prayers for me...I am doing really well and have energy again.

Energy, it's a good thing too because we celebrate Christmas this year on Thanksgiving--FIVE DAYS!!! YIKES!!! So that's my excuse why I've not been around here much lately. In fact, I'll probably not be around much until the Monday after Thanksgiving. (This year it's the in-laws turn to have them for Christmas...we all share. And the in-laws are wonderful godly people. Thank God!)

I'm so excited most of the family is already here and my Dad and Step-Mom arrive Monday. This is THE earliest we've ever bought gifts. I don't even have time to do all my decorating...but that's ok. I could get used to that LOL.

As I look at my husband, my sons, their Christians wifes, my five beautiful grandchildren I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving for our loving, faithful God.

It is my prayer that each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with God's presence! What could be better than that?!!!

This is my prayer for you and your family...for me and my family, that the Lord would "Take Our Lives and Let It Be..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU9Pi4g_3No

Love and hugs!!!

MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy....I think I have a new favorite song. I have listened to this beautiful prayer song many times since you have posted. I cannot stop singing it in my head. Thank you for the song prayer.

I can feel your excitement with your family being with you, and the mounting blessings you are receiving...yes, overwhelmed with thanksgiving for your loving God! He is faithful.
Hugs to you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving daisy.

I found this beautiful song I like to share with my God thought family...

"Just Let Me Say," Hillsong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi5yDcWJ88I&feature=related

Healing rest. Good night.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

Wow, sounds like so much fun will be happening at your home this week!!
[woohoo] [spinning smile] [dizzy] [Big Grin]

It would be fun to be there are see all the love and good times.

Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving and an early Merry Christmas!!

Thanks for the prayer...Great song you posted!

Praying for you and all your family.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi MDW,

I enjoyed the song you posted also! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a peaceful evening!

--------------------

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Good morning God thought family ! I have had three pretty good days in a row ! I am so thankful to God. I give all the glory to him

daisyrlb I am so happy that you are feeling more energy as well, God is Great !!

daisyrlb and MDW005 - I enjoyed both of the songs, thank you for posting. It is good to praise him every moment of the day ! He is an awesome God !

Hugs to all of you !! xoxoxox Praying for all of you as well, may God shine his healing and loving light on you all during this wonderful Holy Season and ever more.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Hi faithful friends,

Glad to hear folks reporting better days. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers.

Please pray for Danny and Michelle. Their son was found dead in his dorm room at the University of Arkansas this morning. He was only 19 years old.

Thanks to all of you.

Have the Happiest Thanksgiving everyone.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi fflutterby! [woohoo] 3 good days in a row!!

That is good news! Praising God with you!

Thanks for your prayers!

linky,

Thanks to you also for the prayers!

So very sad that Danny and Michelle lost their 19 yr old son.

I will definitely pray for them.

May the God of all comfort and peace, give the family all that they need to get through this tragic time.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning dear friends,

I pray that everyone is feeling hopeful and thankful today and all this week....well, everyday!

I am thankful for all of you.

You have lifted me up in the darkest of times, through the love of Jesus Christ.

Thank you Father, Son and Holy Spirit!! I am soooo thankful for You! [bow]

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:8 (NIV)

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hello friends!!

Praying everyone has a peaceful Thanksgiving day tomorrow!

We went to church today and sang the song in this video. Wish I could have found a video with better sound and showing the lyrics, but it's still pretty..it's called "Thanks and Praise"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6x0ElKpNM

Sing our praise and shout Almighty!!!!

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good eve,

dekrator, the song was just fine, thanks for sharing. You also have a peaceful Thanksgiving.
I will probably eat like a lil piggy tomorrow! then be ready for a nap. [lol] hugs to you dear friend, with prayers of many blessings being asked for you and your family on Thanksgiving and days ahead.

.... and may all my God Thought family have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Here is a Meet Me In The Meadow share....

November 23, 2011

Thankfulness
Give thanks in everything--1 Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks for everything--Ephesians 5:20

Pray about everything with thanksgiving--Philippians 4:6

Do all things without murmuring--Philippians 2:14

Thankfulness is the presence of gratitude and the absence of murmuring. Thankfulness is an attitude of appreciation for everything that is received; murmuring is an attitude of complaint for everything that is withheld. Thankfulness is rooted in humility; murmuring is rooted in pride. Thankfulness says, ``This is more than I deserve.''; murmuring says, ``I deserve more!'' Thankfulness is the doorway to contentment; murmuring is the doorway to dissatisfaction. Thankfulness travels on the highway of joy; murmuring travels on the highway of gloom. Thankfulness causes the disposition to be sweet; murmuring causes the disposition to become sour.

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100 NLT

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes, MDW!!

Great share from Meet Me in the Meadow! Very important lessons for me to review and remember always!

Thanks for sharing that.

You and your family also have a blessed Thanksgiving! It's ok to eat like a piggy tomorrow...enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Happy Thanksgiving (and Christmas for Daisy!) to all my God though friends!

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your friends and family [Smile]

May God bless you all!

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Friends,

This scripture is on my mind today as I pray and trust God to answer:

Romans 8:28
New International Version (NIV)

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

How is everyone doing?

Hugs!!!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning All,

So good to be back on Lymenet with the "family" here. God Bless You!

linky, so sorry about the death of Danny and Michelle's son. Can't imagine the pain and grief they are going through. Oh, Lord God, help them. Be especially close to them and comfort them. May family and friends come along side of them to share their heavy burden of grief.

It has been good to catch up on this God Thought thread.

Sammy and all, sure hope your Thanksgivings were grand too.

fflutterby, I am happy for you...having some good days. Praying that happens more and more.

I too am still doing well. God is answering prayer and the protocol I'm on is doing it's "thing". During our two weeks of Thanksgiving/Christmas I had energy and felt good everyday. Yesterday I was tired and went to be early. Hello? Who wouldn't be?? It was non-stop fun with family, including five grandchildren!! Hah!!

FYI, I have been eating like a piggy too...going to need to stop that soon! [dizzy] [lol]

Today I'm back to my regular schedule...working...typing this on my break. [Smile]

MDW, Great scriptures on giving thanks. Thank you for sharing those. The are WOW! And we do have so much to be thankful for.

Dekrator, Thanks for your encouragaing words and prayers for each of us!

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever" (Psalm 107:1).

I'll look forward to starting the new thread soon...After the initial post, I'm excited to share some about Christmas. The Lord is INDEED very good!!!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement