LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Well known radio broadcaster in Seattle pleading for help for his sister with LD!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well known radio broadcaster in Seattle pleading for help for his sister with LD!
Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, we've got to step up to the plate. This could also mean that we get more attention to the plight of this disease. He's been talking about the controversy on the air tonight, all of it.

His sister is in Albequerque, NM. in ICU. The docs want to send her home, but she is so sick....

Please read and do what you can to get info to him. I've sent an email and posted on the site. Please post if you can. Here's the link:

http://mynorthwest.com/108/641146/Nation-Help-Dons-sister-fight-Lyme-disease

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u know i am crying like a baby right now feeling like i am worthless cuz of the stupid thing at the end to check to see if i was "human"

firat i have never had one so hard and altho i often cant get them on the first try i usually can do at least the vision one or the sound one

to me these were exceptionally hard-but i cared so much about the woman i wanted to et my message to them

it took a long time...many trys...and every time i had to read:

do this so we know you are human

so...i guess having so much trouble i must be barely human

anyway-i hope all the best for don and his sister-i gave them good info in private email so i could say docs name and contact info

but if anyone is more human than me and it is easier for them to articulate the problem i think the show should know

maybe it would open their eyes a little more to lyme

honest ... im still crying and i feel stupid and like a piece of s_-- t and all cuz i really wanted to help

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you for your effort, lpkayak!

I've been reading some of the comments left on the FB page and was horrified that some people advised him to take her to Mayo clinic or ID docs! Let's hope he's had enough of those....

This is a chance to have our voice heard because this is a popular guy in Seattle and he's gone public on the airways with it. The more we respond, the more attention it will get.

Think of the folks who are in the dark about this illness. They may be reading the posts and it's important to get the correct information out there!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrible story, but at least he is able to spread the word about the plight of lyme patients.

I sent him a mesage.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Dekrator48:

Thanks for recognizing this. I just think we need to jump on this fast since he's got a huge following and public presence. My son tells me this guy is the most popular co-host in the Northwest. It's his sister that's dying from Lyme.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tricky Tickey,

Yes, I listened to his broadcast plea for help. It is very sad.

I sent him some info and he can email me back if he wants to.

I pray he finds the right help for his sister.
It won't be easy if she is so sick that she needs hospitalization.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent detailed email
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Thanks, AuntyLynn......every one counts!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I can find no update at their site. If anyone had an update, I'd sure like to know how this is working out. I really feel for his whole family.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

This was posted on the Ron and Don facebook page on Thursday:

"On our radio show we have a guy we call Coach. He is the one that has helped "The Ron and Don Show" achieve the success it has...and he loves doing "Cause-Radio". Well every once in awhile I have to ask him to lead the cause. So in the middle of the night last night he put me on speaker phone with someone in Dubai who has a Jet. That Jet will pick my little sister up in Albuquerque New Mexico and fly her to Seattle so she can get immediate medical attention for her Lyme disease. Thanks Coach. I am humbled From one of your grateful students, don"

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr K??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news!
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Dekrator48,

Thanks. I don't "do" Facebook so not signed up to view others' pages. So I'm glad to see your note.

I do hope she is headed to an ILADS-educated LLMD and not just any old ID doctor. From the detail he previously posted, I think he gets the importance of that.

And, it would be grand if Dr. K could help.

If she is admitted to any hospital, though, proper treatment can be very tricky, indeed.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Here's an update that just appeared:

http://mynorthwest.com/108/641146/Nation-Help-Dons-sister-fight-Lyme-disease

--------------------

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Dr. K's protocol is not exactly mainstream even for lyme docs, and I hope it is not him. Sorry, but he is very alternative and getting buy-in from people who know nothing about this disease is fraught with difficulties, and chances to have this backfire on us.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like she needs intensive IV therapy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope she gets into the right hands. Sending positive thoughts her way.

Apropos of this situation, there was a Lyme death locally, where the Lyme-illiterate doc tried to cover-up the cause of death, and did not even list Lyme on the death cert. Link to my post:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/2878#000000

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I also sent pertinent information directly to him. I think he "gets" the problems and issues with this disease. I'll just be she's seeing a LLMD there. Thank goodness!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poppy:
Well, Dr. K's protocol is not exactly mainstream even for lyme docs, and I hope it is not him. Sorry, but he is very alternative and getting buy-in from people who know nothing about this disease is fraught with difficulties, and chances to have this backfire on us.

No doubt. Seattle? I hope it's not Dr K, if it truly is a lyme infection she is dealing with.
Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would dr k take someone in hosp? many alt docs cant...i referred them to a more md llmd on west coast...oh well.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement