LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Having a bad day...My new little dog is missing!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having a bad day...My new little dog is missing!
Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My spouse did not put him in the kennel when he left for work that morning. We'd left him out before, but this was all day......

Now he is gone & I've lost him. I've done all I can do to get him back, posting flyers, etc. No evidence of death, just disappeared.

I'm devastated, so sad and angry that spouse could be so inconsiderate and careless, then ignore me while I sobbed my heart out. Life can be bitter.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricky, my heart is breaking for you. I adore my two little boys and would die if they went missing. But don't give up. It has not been that long. How long have you had him? does he know you are his home?

Here are some tricks I have learned from a dog forum.

If you haven't yet. Call and Post at all area Vet offices and shelters. Often if someone finds a dog they will bring them to a neighborhood vet.

Have you talked with neighbors? have them keep a look out. If he is a new dog he may be confused.

If there have been sightings in a particular area. put out your stinkiest t-shirt and socks with a bowl of food and see if you can lure him with your scent.

and mostly don't give up. I know of someone who got their dog back after missing for a 2 months. a person had taken him in, and then took him to a vet after 2 months and saw the posting and knew they had to give him back.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! My heart is breaking for you. Don't give up. You may still find the little guy.

Much love,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he shows up soon!

So sorry....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done all of the above. He went missing Thursday, I was 25 miles away caring for my dad all week. Spouse didn't bother to let me know when he came home and found him gone Thurs. night. I found out when I came home Friday night. Very bitter, not talking to spouse, he not talking to me.

My other dog met me at the car this evening. He smelled rank, like he'd been in something dead. But he hasn't dragged up a body. If Otis had been hit nearby the house, I think I'd see buzzards or something, fur, blood, anything. But nothing. I've searched the ditches. I'll check the perimeter of the pasture in the morning, ravine, etc. Have flyers out for the neighbors.

I'm just sad. Only had him a month or so, adopted from the shelter, got him neutered, the works. Now Otie is gone and I'm depressed. If it wasn't for the prednisone I am taking for allergies, I'd be sick from sadness. Can't wait for the crash when I stop them. Dang.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Otis on his second night with us.

-

--------------------
Chiropractic.

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for you and Otie! What a sweet guy.

When a friend had to go into the hospital for emergency surgery, her dogs got out and took off. Her daughter found them over a mile away in a field. I think they were looking for their mom.

I really hope you find him. Pet psychics are available online and will consult over the phone. I know it sounds weird, but many have impressive resumes and chose the field because of a deep love for and special connection with animals.

Much love your way,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricky. I'm so sorry about this..Both thing's

You had your little buddy and we'll pray for his return..Are you in a rural area??????
Can you post a small reward ,even for info about him.

As for the OTHER him, can you just stick him in the kennel,,???

I'm sorry but, how mean... Yes maybe he forgot. but for Gods sake a simple I'm sorry would have helped some/////

I KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE...

Doesn't help your healing one bit [shake] [Mad]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be mean but could that "other person" have already
Gotten rid of his body? Maybe that's what you smelled on the one dog

Jus saying

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Thank you all!!! I've addressd every theory here. I'm still looking for answers. okay, so who knows a reliable dog psychic?!! Really, not a fake.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricky, have you checked the pound? When my dog ran away I found him at the pound.

Hope you find the little guy.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are all good suggestions, and I am afraid that I can't think of any more.

I am very sorry that your husband is acting the way he is. That is so painful.

Sounds like he knows it is his fault and is trying to act macho about it.

The psychic idea sounds good.

A prayer for you and your dog:

"The Light of God Surrounds You
The Love of God Enfolds You
The Power of God Protects You
The Pressence of God Watches Over You
Wherever You Are, God Is"

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Might want to search under Animal Communicator. I think that's the preferred title.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my so sorry! When my dog went missing I was just devastated. I know there are some pretty good search and rescue options for missing dogs, but they are expensive. Have you called local shelters, animal hospitals etc?
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart is breaking for you. Please don't give up.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this; he is such a cute little guy.

We will pray for you and Otis' safe return.

Take care.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

WE live rurally, so there is no dog shelter nearby, however, I checked the one in the nearest town, 20 miles away. Everyone is on alert. I left a flyer at the city hall in this rural town, all over the place.

I don't think I'll get him back.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any word yet? i don't know but i'd still try to question your spouse.

sometimes they don't want to hurt you so they don't tell you the truth.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Well, I have talked to spouse. It's just flat disregard. He didn't want to go through the trouble of putting him in the kennel that day. It's not that he doesn't want to hurt me...he doesn't care.

It is what it is. Now the dog is gone. At some point, I'll have to give up looking for him, but I'm still following up on leads. People have called who spotted a dog, I've checked them but it's not him. Have another lead today.

Fact is, I'm facing this as more than just a 'lost dog' issue. It goes much deeper than that to the point of major decisions and life changes.

On top of it all, I'm into my 4th week of super extreme exhaustion, sinus issues and the need to lay down and not get up. I'm on Amoxicillin; was on Zith for 5 days for the initial "infection". Lingering on with this bloody fatigue. If it keeps up, I'm calling my previous LLMD. Who the heck knows? Grief, depression, menopause, allergies, or Lyme? I still want my doggie.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

I know how you feel. Randi my chocolate lab has been gone about 4' years and I still grieve

Remember --the more I know men the more i love my dog

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I see a new post I think you found the puppy.

So sorry for your pain.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogsandcats:
Every time I see a new post I think you found the puppy.

So sorry for your pain.

-

Me too. Dang it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I followed up on a lead tonight. It wasn't Otis, but it could have been Otis with long legs. Something pulled my heart and I brought him home. He was a stray that had wandered up into a remote country area (like mine). Great folks, but just couldn't keep him, hoped I would take him. They prayed with me before I left and prayed he would do well in his new home. Wonderful.

Well......he's here. Already hiked his leg on the couch. He's not housebroken (Otis was). I'm taking further action on his containment. I have a smaller kennel to keep him in when I'm taking care of my Dad. This dog won't disappear. I'm planning on getting a fence but the kennel should suffice.

His name is Jack.

-

--------------------
Chiropractic.

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My goodness he looks so much like Otis ,
just light then darker rather than darker then light. Is it the same breed/mix?

I hope he potty trains quickly.........
we don't want anybody mad.... [Wink]

Well, maybe Otis will find home, but Jack sure is one lucky little guy getting you for a Mommy.

You just never know how God is going to work things out [spinning smile]

Blessing's.

I did catch the other part......I'll keep you lifted up ...You have a bunch to figure out and being sick really makes it all so much more difficult..

Do you have other family around??

Give Jack a hug from all of us..Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Aaaawwww. Handsome guy. Could be Otie's long lost relative.

Have fun with Jack!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

randibear
Member # 11290

Ah he's so cute

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's handsome!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Thank you everyone for helping me through my sadness of losing little Otis. I didn't plan on getting this new dog, but something told me to take him home. Isn't it amazing what a little love and compassion will do? In my pain, I gave another animal a chance.

This little rascal, Jack, looks to be part Schnauzer. In fact, I think he's still a pup! Chewing lots of things, but has permanent teeth, very white. Reminds me of one of those Airedale terriers, only miniture. Guess he'll get the ole neuter treatment next week.

He drug up a chicken this morning.....didn't kill it, but was shaking it. He was spanked (not hard) and put in his 8x10 kennel. He stays in the kennel okay, just begs to get out. Bless his little heart. I already love him!

Got closure on the situation with spouse. Can't go into too much detail here, don't want some troll tracing me down again and ruining my life, but I've got a handle on the situation and am preparing for ...... well, let's just say I know where I stand.

Plus, I was in the sun today for 2 hours. I feel better today than I've felt in 10 days. Maybe the heat baked it out of me. Legs are sunburned, but I think I may be beating this infection or whatever it is giving me the jitters, making me feel anxious, heart beating fast...sinus yuck stuff!!!! Hope it's not a co-infection. Come too far now to have a relapse, Lord help us all.

Your old trooper, Arkiehinny!!!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you have a new pup. In case you still want to find Otis, here is the name of a reputable animal communicator who specializes in lost pets.

Annette Betcher (360) 871-4774

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

somebody once told me (before i got married and i should have listened) that you can tell alot about a person by the way that treat waiters and waitresses and animals....

that says it all...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement