LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Suddenly Couldn't Walk - Scary!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Suddenly Couldn't Walk - Scary!
LoveMax
Member # 39072

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LoveMax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on my way to an appointment in the city on Wednesday, when all of the sudden, I just could not walk. My right leg suddenly felt very week and my right foot was pointing inward with every step. It felt like I had to drag my right leg to keep it moving. Almost like my brain would not tell my feet to move. I hope that makes sense.

That night, I went to the ER and the doctor said I was "young and healthy" (even with Lyme Disease...I don't think so!), but that it could be a TIA. My blood work was fine, as was the CT Scan. He wanted to admit me, but my fear of hospitals got the best of me and I signed myself out.

Since then, my leg issue is a lot better, but my right hand is now weak, and has been since Wednesday night. It kind of just wants to hang.

I've never experienced anything like this before, and it was extremely scary. Could this be a Lyme symptom and have you ever experienced it?

Posts: 3 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LoveMax,

Welcome aboard, I see its your first post.

I havent had your exact problem,,,but others have.

Lots of time people say they woke up paralyzed and couldnt rise from bed.

I hear some accounts on tv med shows about tick paralysis from an embedded tick too,,,did he bother to check you head to toe for that??

You might search other posts using various words as key words to try to locate old posts of same.

Many others will chime in here tomorrow with there ideas also. Seems not near as many posters after dark time. Dont know why.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this happened a short time agoa nd the we all said get to the er and she didnt go

it does sound like stroke or pinched nerve and i am not an expert on this at all

with me -taking a statin-lipitor-low dose made my legs so weak i couldnt walk without walker. i stopped the lipitor and 10 hrs later i could walk. but from that point on i get the same pain/weakness back when i exercise toomuch...and it is only a little bit. 7 min on machine or something.

my reading made me think it was a mitochondrial problem and coq10 makes it better. but as time went on my uppper arms are doing the same thing. i have read a lot about mito problems and find an herbal protocol helps me but i have not been dx by a doc...

there are sites for mito problems and the list of herbs is on here-if you search lpkayak and mito or coq10 you will probably find it

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been treated for Lyme?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveMax
Member # 39072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveMax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed in 2007, went into remission in 2009, and relapsed in 2011, but lately I have been doing ok as far as symptoms go. I treated naturally.
Posts: 3 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveMax
Member # 39072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveMax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do want to mention that I did have almost 4 inch heels on which were not comfortable at all. But, when I took them off, my right foot seemed to only want to go inside, if that makes sense.
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it could be an injury than...to the tendon maybe

some ppl are able to get better from lyme with herbs and no abx but not too many

how did you find us?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've experienced something similar early on in my Lyme treatment. It suddenly felt as if I had absolutely NO strength in my leg at all.

It seemed that this passed with time and medication, and it isn't something I've experienced in quite awhile.

But it can be extremely scary. One thing that helped me early on was keeping a symptom chart and marking my progress that way.

You can find a chart at lymepa.org

Hope this helps.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As this is the only thread here where you've posted, I wonder: Do you have a lyme diagnosis?

Have you been assessed by a lyme literate doctor (LLMD)?

If not, seems very wise to do so. But, yes, what you describe is not all that uncommon with lyme. I had that happen many times, worse in busy environments and when tired. Be mindful that it may happen again but just take it easy if it does and talk to a LLMD soon.

AVOID HOT BATHS. AVOID STEROIDS.
-

[ 09-29-2012, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to chime in on this post. LoveMax, I get palsy very often in my right leg. Same thing happens to me. I feel like Cyclopse dragging my leg around.
I've been "sick" for almost 2 yrs now, not been specifically diagnosed with Lyme (yet) I'm working on learning the ropes and figuring it out. Palsy is a very common symptom for me, facial, rt leg, and at it's very worst, rt arm is added into it. I'm so used to it anymore that it almost seems "normal" to me.. and that is sad indeed.

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatriotM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatriotM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several years ago, I had my leg "drag". The symptom lasted for months. Recently, my right arm suddenly went completely numb from the shoulder all the way to the tips of my fingers. Fortunately, it didn't last long.

Having said that, you didn't say whether you have been diagnosed with Lyme. Even if you have, the symptoms you described very easily could have been a TIA and you need to follow up with a competent doctor to be sure that you're not setting yourself up for a major stroke.

Posts: 177 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement