LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » UH OH... I missed two important birthdays in February!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UH OH... I missed two important birthdays in February!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say happy birthday to DaveNJ and KAM!!!!

I am in such big trouble!!! [bonk]

Dave just had the big 5-0!!!!

Congrats you two...

February 25th was the big day!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< DaveNJ and KAM >>>>>,

Hope your Birthdays were wonderful!!!

Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave and Kam, Happy Birthday to you!!! [hi]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to both of you!! [hi]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to both of you.
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks. I am trying to figure out what to do for fun when health allows.

The good news is the things that use to be a treat and bring me a bit of joy I can do now and then so need to find something else that health will allow.

Being able to go for a 5 min walk in the forest still is a treat when able.

Being able to drive Rosie out to the forest and let her run while I am in the car is still not something I take for granted.

Being able to go down the street to two thrift shops in my power chair is kind of OK... it is still fun to see things....but due to not being able to communicate with people when they want to talk about my service dog has made things worse.

I do just put on my peltor ear protection muffs but miss the interaction wtih people.

I haave not been able to drive the 20 miles on the backroads to the 3 stream crossings lately.

That helps me forget about how lyme makes me feel and gives me some beautiful scenary.

maybe I will have what it takes to do that in a couple of days after the rain/snow let up.

That would be a good time to see the streams as they will be flowing ...temps are supposed to get about 20 degrees higher in two days also.

If I am able to be on my feet for 5 min on the 3rd creek crossing that would be icing on the cake as long as I am doing well enough to enjoy.

Driving thru a fast food place also feels good as it is so rare I am able....but really not sure what to purchase anymore within foods that help instead of make things worse.

Camping would really be fun...I think...alll I can think of is being inside of a tent that has screening I can see outside and is big enough for a cot or laying on a cot that allows my head to be elevated a bit outside.

The getting food, an ice chest, getting a tent and packing and setting up is a different story.

I would need help. I don't know of anyone that would be good at this. I have tried a few people to help me with things but they have made things worse.

The people here at the apartments all of health issues so even two or three brains or bodies don't make a whole. [Smile]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah...the other thing is moving the boxes around in my storage so I can get to my camping stuff.

When I am able to do this...I plan on bringing them inside so I hopefully will have bettter access and be able to camp more this spring and fall...summers are too hot unless I can travel further to the top of the mtn...cooler up there...

First trip camping is going to be very close to town...about a mile from my house...across from Home Depot.

So, whatever I might need I can get easily. And there is a foot path when I am doing well enough and asphalt for the power chair so I can cruise around with Rosie and camp managers on site.

They also have a handicap camp site.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday !! sounds like you are trying to make the best of it. GOOD for you.. [woohoo]

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement