LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought __Oct. 27 week

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought __Oct. 27 week
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]  - [group hug]
I realize that this prayer group, is much more then just Lyme Prayers..
But, Lyme Prayers are a priority...
Have the knowledge and wisdom,
to sort out God's Will First..
in all things..
And as The Lord Blesses US -
May We Bless those.
pray forward.. [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen payne!

Thanks for posting the beautiful graphic too.

Prayers for all!!

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you are the neediest, He is the most sufficient.

When you are completely helpless, He is most able.

When you feel totally dependent, He is absolutely dependable.

When you are the weakest, He is the most able .

When you are the most alone, He is intimately present.

When you feel you are the least, He is the greatest!

When you feel the most useless, He is preparing you.

When it is darkest, He is the only Light you need.

When you feel the least secure, He is your Rock and Fortress.

When you are the most humble, He is most gracious .

When you say that you cannot, remember that He can!

Nice pic Payne. Yes we accept God's Will in all things. I have many things to thank Him for.

Improved health this week, the latest surgery seems to be "taking" which will mean only one more if it continues, the ability to join our God Thought family more intimately, and so much more.

I thank You for each and every one here. Payne, a special thank you for starting the thread for God every week. [kiss]

It is such a comfort when only able to read.

I thank You Lord for all of the blessings You have bestowed on this sinner and the honor to be wanted by You. You!! [bow]

Love and prayers for all.
In Christ.

I have/had a lot to share as I did much listening of His Word over the weeks. Now if I can jar the memory. [bonk] [Smile]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

May we all remember our suffering is temporary, but life is eternal through Him.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These guys are pretty good. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Ek9jvDge4

“A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.” – Proverbs 17:22

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, Pocono! Praising God for your improved health, and asking Him to continue to heal you!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Hiker - That is a good daily reminder.

Thank you Dekrator.

Prayers to our Father for all in need and especially for those who don't know Him or reject Him. I can't imagine why anyone would reject Him!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a live sermon
via internet and a missionary family was honored.

I don't remember where they had been but it is a very remote location in a foreign country. The people there had no formal language and communication was well you could imagine.

It sounded like they communicated with each other by grunts, gestures etc.

After being there for I believe two years, a New Testament was written in "their language"!

They had never heard of Jesus. Now 50% of the population there have accepted Jesus as their Saviour. [Smile]

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

-

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] had a new grand son born sunday, life goes on !
Jase ... healthy and handsome (: [spinning smile]
Thanks Pocono to be a bird or not to be >>)
hiker 53 yes, forever living !
much thanks for Dekrator,
and any praying warriors in God's Kingdom..
when the saints go marching on !
[bow] lord, you have been so right and Good to my being... sharing your love daily. [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so wonderful, payne!! Yippeeee!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone! I need those prayers and reminder that He, Our Heavenly Father is always here!

In Christ, your fellow sister

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

I could be called grandpa 14 times...
great grand pa is nearing ("
Live for tomorrow, it is worth it..
many praying for linky, &
others whom the cloud has surrounded,
In the Name of Our Savior BEGONE..
Lord, you hear our thoughts, prayers,
and know our tears every one of them.

LET THERE BE LIGHT !!
all Praises unto the LORD ..

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Congratulations, payne!!

Grandchildren are such a blessing!!

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Yes Anissa it is a comfort knowing God is always with us. An awesome Father He is!

Payne - such wonderful news!

Psalm 127:3 ¨Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalm 127:3 "Children are a blessing and a gift from the LORD."

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

-

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true, Pocono. I love that one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pocono, Good to hear that your path to recovery continues.

Father, I continue to remind You of Your faithfulness to Your word which states that healing is in Your wings!!!

May all who declare You to be their Father receive the healing promise and not grow weary in that belief.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Thank you soccermama. It's been slow but I'll take it with thanksgiving to our Almighty Father. [Smile]

So easy to grow weary but also easy to get back on track with the reminders from our brothers and sisters in Christ who lift us up as You say we are to do.

I'm sure our Father has a reason for all that happens and we trust in Him. He never promised us it would be easy.
The Word also says When we face trials and tribulations. Not IF we face them.

Loving our Lord daily here is wonderful. Lord we love and worship You.

I pray for all brothers and sisters in Christ and thank You for all of the blessings You have bestowed on me including those I am not even mindful of.

The Gift we are most grateful for is the Gift of Your Son. Thank God for Jesus. [bow]

Every time I think of Jesus dying for us I can't help but to thank God!!!

I remember reading The Old Testament first as I wanted to read through the entire Bible from beginning to end.

I have to admit that I was embarrassed at a lot of what I was reading and then frightened. Then felt hopeless.

There was no way I could follow all of God's rules. For example; I looked at the list of foods that He didn't allow and thought I'm doomed.

Do any or all of you believe we are supposed to be following those dietary restrictions?

Happy Halloween. Lord keep our/Your little ones safe. I pray in Jesus' name Amen.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No, the dietary restrictions were mostly to keep the Hebrews safe from diseases. I think that's the way it was explained to me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

That's what I think too Lymetoo. The restrictions certainly makes sense regarding health.

I think the controversy may be due to different beliefs between Gentiles and Jews. I take it to mean that we are to respect each other's beliefs and not do anything to make another fall in their faith.

I often see this in response to the question posted by those who believe we are to continue restricting those foods from our diet.

Jesus says

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

Also in the Bible

Romans 14:1-4 NKJV
Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.

4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

From NIV
Just because something is good for us to do or eat, doesn't mean it's wise for every Christian.
We're all different and are at different points of spiritual maturity; here we're told to be respectful of those who are "weaker" spiritually,
not doing anything to make their spiritual journey in Christ more difficult

"And He said to them, "Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.)" (Mark 7:18-19).

"For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer" (I Timothy 4:4-5).

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

-

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice....It is amazing how many occasions

present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint.

Henry Nouwen

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very insightful. [Smile]

Here is a new newspaper article about Caleb Jentsch... It's really good! Made me cry!

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/nov/01/caleb_jp_110213_223922/

Thank you to all of you who prayed for him!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

What a beautiful story.

Thanks for sharing Lymetoo.

I love what he did with the branch from the tree.
May God continue to heal him so he can shine in His glory. He's already making such an impact on others. [Smile]

I'm sure he'll bring others to Christ. Such an inspiration.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement