LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » WHERE DO I GO? HOW CAN I SAVE HIM AND US?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHERE DO I GO? HOW CAN I SAVE HIM AND US?
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those here who've known me previously as "to the poorhouse", until I changed it to be positive with "healthy, wealthy and wise" know I've been in this hell for more than 20 years.

I live in the beautiful country in the US...rural area where ticks seem to multiply by the minute.

Just this week, I took an engorged tick off my breast....and two from my dog's nose.....got on abx again, even though not healed from prior bites. Gotta do what you think is best...and puppy will get his second treatment in 4 months as precautionary.

I can't sell my house as there is so much work to do to get it in shape so I could come out w/enough to rent an apartment on my stipend from SSDI.

I feel like I'm living in a nightmare.....surrounded by ticks who keep coming....it was 40 degrees here last night and they are still as active as in spring/summer.

I HATE THESE LIFE KILLERS........TO THE CORE OF MY BEING.

Puppy just got walked and came home ...I found another deer tick on his head, heading towards his face.

I do believe I am in shock right now....there is no getting away from them. REALITY

I would never have thought I'd wish to live in the slums of a city than live this life anymore. Cement and steel are the only things I want around me, but even then, I'll bet they'll find a way to me......

I woke up this morning feeling ok...like I had a life....and it's all been taken away again.

They win...I am spent.

It feels like someone who HATES ME has a voodoo doll and keeps sticking pins and pain in it.

I know, that's just crazy. But not nearly as crazy as the reality of our lives, over and over again.

I am spent, disgusted, keep checking myself for ticks that are there even if I can't see/feel them on me. I am so tired of the fight and yet, I must go on.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE? WHY HAVE THEY NEVER CARED? PHARMA...DOCS...GOV'T AGENCIES...

The only things that kill the f'ing bugs kills us too. This plague will overtake America or maybe it has already.

I wish I believed in hell (except for the one we're all living in) to send all involved in the coverup, the ignorance, the intentional lack of research or crawl to a cure.....how many lives does it take to make it worth their while to fight this?

I would take a nap, but even though I've showered and redressed again...I feel them on me. Just a matter of time until one hits the mother load again....my blood, my health, my soul, my life.

Sadness is all I know right now and a lack of trust in all I grew up to believe. Do right and all will be well. What crap.

Peace out until next time I lose it, friends. [toilet]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
healthywealthywise, I feel your pain, sorry you're feeling so down.

Everything you said is correct, no one cares how we feel, they never have!

I'm a lot like you> I live in fear all year long. I cut the grass in the summer months, and rack the leaves in the fall and winter.

All I think about is those damn ticks crawling up my legs and sucking the blood out of me.

All we can do is this, which I know you do.

Spray our paints and shoes with (DET)
Tape the bottom of our pants (duck tape)
Don't let your grass get to tall
Don't ever pickup leaves or grass with your hands, or let them touch your body
Take a shower right after being outside – (but) Scrub your skin, even use your finger nails

Check our body’s right after the shower:

I leaned to do all these, but I still feel the same way as you – I never feel that I did enough.

My wife gets mad at me (what else is new) when I won’t let any of my kids help me with all the yard work.

I really think my first, maybe even the 2nd tick bite was when I was raking leaves. I use to pick them up with my hands and throw them over the fence (I have conservation land all around me), which = deers = ticks = sick, sick, sick!!!!

As long as I live I'll never let my kids do yard work.

By the way, I have more leaves to rake tonight, I'm bringing my rifle with me. Maybe I'll get arrested, I don't think we have ticks within the cement wall of our jails.

Hope you feel better...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, leave the leaves be.......and keep the gun locked up safely.

Snow and ice will come soon, so think of them freezing their asses off and shattering. We both have all the NE winter to come up with a plan for peace of mind. :-)

Stay safe and thank you for understanding...it IS a comfort to know someone knows how I feel inside.

Tomorrow will be better.....I hope.

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get some guinea hens to run around outside. They eat ticks. We had some guinea's until a fox got them.

There were no ticks around until the guinea's weren't here anymore. Now we're finding ticks on the (outside) cats.

We are getting another batch of guineas next spring!! We're hoping the hunters get the foxes.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a couple of articles on this>

I had one, we named him Kevin. I haven't seen Kevin in a couple of weeks, I think the damn foxes got him too.

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/1-1/jeannette_ferguson/

http://www.countrysidemag.com/82-3/Jack_Sabean/

http://unews.utah.edu/news_releases/birds-may-spread-not-halt-fever-bearing-ticks-2/

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you have the heebie jeebies HWW.

The leaves are piling up here and I don't like to walk on them.

Autumn is my favorite season. Used to spend hours raking leaves for sheer enjoyment and peace.

But that's where last years tick hopped on.

This year it's been about one nightmare a week about finding another tick on me.

And I have turned into the friend and coworker that no one likes talking to because I promote "Bug Spray Everyday!" and also keep sending them links on how to tick-check and remove ticks safely.

Again again again I ask myself...what is the purpose of ticks. In the foodchain, mother nature's big scheme of things, how do ticks contribute?

I have yet to find an answer.

Steve-I don't have anything to do with leaves anymore. I understand why you won't allow your family to do yard work.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel bad for you guys living with deer ticks. I got lyme from a wood tick. They are pretty hard to miss - not like a deer tick. IT was the ONLY tick bite I ever had in my life.

You could pack up and move to Montana or Colorado. You wouldn't have to worry about walking through the leaves. I am glad I don't live with those D***M things.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement