LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » goofy and severe weather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: goofy and severe weather
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems spring is here IF you are looking for goofy weather.

Tutu is ducking as we speak,,,lots of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes down in her neck of the woods.

Just saw the radar and lots of 'colors' in Missouri and Arkansaw

In North Dakota or Minnesota during the last blizzard they had a tornado in a town at 5 AM and cold than a well digger at the time.

AND we are getting more snow today than we did all winter.

Its supposed to snow all night and by then might not have an easy ride to work

It was so windy lately the trees were barely holding on. Fires started for dumb reasons

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we are OK! Had a line of storms pass through and unless more develop, we are safe!

I have a friend who is in Nebraska this week. She mentioned that it was snowing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thunderstorms here. Glad the snow is gone!

Hope everyone is warm and safe.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a bit of snow in some parts of town..it looked like hail in my neck of the woods.

Just a bit on the cars.

WE got very little snow/rain this winter....too little.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torrential rain here. Then two sunny days. The daffs and hyacinths are blooming, cherry blossoms blooming.

Then near to freezing torrential rain again.

Mother nature is confused this year.

I feel bad for the birds who are trying to build nests.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting ride to work this morn.

NO snow plows around on our highway anyway.

Snow was deep enough that sometimes my car drug in it,,,icy enough that when it did that for any reason it turned you sideways.

Good thing I just bought good Michelin tires cause they get fabulous traction on slick roads,,,and a good ride to boot.

Expensive but good to have.

Saw lots of tracks where people slid off the road and were not so lucky.

A school bus slid off the road and turned over in a small creek with 20 kids aboard.

3 kids slightly injured was all,,,treated and released.

But driving was IF you got out of the beaten track for any reason you were in deep do-do,,,even if the track lead to the wrong side of the road a few times

Hard to see where the lines are with 6 to 8 inches of snow on them!!

By this afternoon all snow is gone and roads are dry. Ice and snow coming off wires, lights and trees are major threats tho

I do recall once this time of year where the weather man said light flurries expected

Every flurry was light but built up to 13 inches of them,,,,light flurries,,,,NOT

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya, don. In Texas, the joke was "look out for predictions of a 20% chance of rain." Those are the days we would flood out sometimes!

Crazy weathermen! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought of you when i was watching the news....yes...lots of hail, snow, ice, etc.

Good you have good tires. That does make a big difference.

I learned that that hard way while going to college.

Take care of you and drive carefully. I think I saw the report on the news about the school box..bus..

glad they were all ok

We are supposed to have our last day of cool weather here...warming up

I recall wearing winter clothes one day and shorts and a t shirt the next in the past.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement