LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Silverwolf not feeling good

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silverwolf not feeling good
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She started a new med last Friday to help the "smooth" muscles, but she has been having issues before and after.

Lots of cramping and (as she calls it) gut gripes.

Please keep her in mind.

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf's pack sister in BC is howling away in sympathy cramps!

Hope she feels better soon.
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. Have you called the doctor to see if the side effects are " normal"? Or how long they should last?

I hope and pray she feels better soon.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< TxC'love, GretaM/pack-sis and Dogsandcats/dear-friend >>>>>,

Thanks for the tho'ts ,hopes, and prayers!

The medicine is to help stop as much of the cramping as possible. I had a reaction to another med, and then the flu'. The cough meds for flu and such were really harsh on my system.

I get 'Imodium days' as a result, and right now "IBS" and IC are being an issue. W/ blood test a couple weeks ago, the liver numbers were a bit off. So I've been getting nausea,and really ugly cramping.

Doc' is not LL but is treating as for Fibromyalgia/CFS. We did some checking[pharmacist] and were told to take Imodium if necessary too. The meds to stop the cramping cannot always stop diarrhea.

Hopefully this will work,and calm stuff down. I don't like taking anything I don't need to,but have got to get this mess stopped.

Trying to balance meds' supplements and so on, as I don't need any bad cross reactions.

I am praying this respiratory flu and cranky cramping gut mess is on the way out. It really has worn me down.

Wolfies' were never made to be always stuck in our caves... OowoooWooo-owooWooo

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
may an answer come to you soon...
iisten to your body..
find a peacefull place,
and inwind..♥

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you find relief soon! I'm sure your gut is very angry about all that has been done to it!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anti-parasitics
anti-malarials
juicing greens
probiotics
fiber
this all helped with stomach cramping

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry silver...thinking of you. Feel better soon.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drink chamomile tea for the cramping. It's very good for stomach issues.

A word of caution, though - if you have ragweed allergies, then it is not recommended. You should ask your doctor if it's ok to drink.

Hope you feel better.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better soon!
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello <<<<< Jane',Dogsandcats,payne,Lymetoo,mlg,
lpkayak,hopingandpraying, and beaches >>>>>,

Thanks for all the tho'ts, shared sympathy and suggestions. Normally, after a flu, and/or 'IBS' type problem, I can get things to calm down. This time, the meds that didn't agree have the IC and 'IBS' acting up.

I am continuing to hydrate, resting and trying to get the cramping to stop. I know the Doctor was trying to help, so am trying to be kind.

However, I've decided I am NOT a Guinea pig. Just
because a med usually works for other patients, doesn't mean it will work properly for me.I have learned that the hard way.

Strong suspicions here that I am dealing w/ methylation difficulty,or something similar. Also figure I have come into contact w/ parasites, so will be looking for some inexpensive treatments that help.

Thanks again for all input, TxC's made a light supper for me to try... we'll see what happens after I eat.

Will try to check back later on...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are a Pro at listening to your inward needs.. as many with chronic lyme have.. Be Touched with an answer to find your self on stable ground - you know like THE ROCK...
I could learn much from you.. many here have absorbed our fears and fought back with VICTORY, maybe small ones but, we try... and try and cry.
theres been a bit of a shift on this site, not a bad one, just a accepting one ? the cure seems so far at times. learning how to balance lyme and your life are the most challeging times.. when we are so physically beat, how can our bodies take any more..
because we love to live...
and if i was ever alone in the dark your hand would be a welcome site.. God Bless you and loved ones..♥

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< payne >>>>>,

Thank you for the helpful words of encouragement, I truly needed them.

I get very weary ,but, the Lord took on so much more than any of us. He took on death and hell and He won. So even on our most difficult days here on this earth,we can be victorious in Him!

You mentioned -The Rock- I so need to keep my eyes on Him! I was checking the Psalms 61 and 71 in the first few verses. It says He is higher than I[higher bigger than our pain, weariness, weaknesses and trial.

He is our shelter, our strong tower, the strong habitation were 'we' may continually resort,He is our rock and fortress.

When we need a 'vacation' He is our resort. So when it seems. like you said,that the cure seems so very far away... He is our place of rest.

That Rock, that habitation, dwelling in Him becomes our victory, even in the darkest of times!
I will be glad when the pain and problems calm down, but whatever may come , I am so grateful for the Lord,for the love of the Father.

I could not handle all these struggles without His healing Love!

And I am so thankful,we have Lymenet and we can ask questions, learn, and share experiences!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Mini-update'

Hi <<<<< Lymenet family >>>>>,

Something is causing my blood test for the liver to run high, SPGT and SGOT type stuff.

I'm suspicious it is a long term prescription I've had to take, and it may be behind recurring bouts of diarrhea. I've stopped it on a trial basis,and ...no more diarrhea.

We think,TxC' and I,that the Dr. is thinking it is my supplements. He treats fr FM/CFS, doesn't know about the LD.

Heading to medical to ask some questions about how Lyme affects the liver.

Jus' Silverwolfi

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would suspect your meds when it comes to the liver... not supplements (usually) but prescriptions.

Are you taking Tylenol or other pain meds?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silver,

there are supps that help the liver like chlorophyll (sp?) and ALA.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending up a prayer for you. Take care. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, beaches, and lin'ny >>>>>,

Lymetoo, very low dose of generic Tylenol,if I have too. I don't like any of it. Ibuprofen and such things burn my stomach.

Beaches, I usually take Alpha Lipoic' that the ALA? Will check on the other one.

Linky', Thanks for the prayers and hugs! Our weird laptop still thinks I am try to send a 'link', if I put your screen name w/ number in my Wolfi hug brackets <<<<< like this >>>>>, and it wont allow me to post then.

I'm checking info' headed back to Med. Questions board.

Thanks to all who are sending prayers and tho'ts suggestions and so on. It does help!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

payne
Member # 26248

fight the good fight...
we're all in this together and we are pulling for you..
may a calming peace of cofidance be upon you.. yOU can do this one more time..
and I know you have with stood many times of facing fear and feeling like no one knows what you are against,,
but, as you said above and being thankfull for this site and many praying for one another.. ♥ayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are going thru this

I like what payne said

Someday lyme will be like strep..they will know exactly what to do to get rid of it

Its not like that yet for sure

Of course strep is on its way to being resistant...so by the time they can kill lyme...they probably wont be able to get rid of strep

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you silverwolf
[group hug]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< payne,'kayak',and Greta-pack-sis' >>>>>,

Thanks for the prayers,and well wishes tho'ts,for healing.

I will keep on fighting this illness, with my eyes on the Lord!

I am off the Metformin which TxC' and I believe is causing more problems than it was supposed to help.

Kept thinking about what you said payne, about... 'listen to your body,' and 'listen to your inner needs...'.

The Metformin diabetes meds.never seemed right to me. and if I am having methylation/detox issues as I suspect. A medicine that doesn't sit right, has to go.

I still have some tender abdominal area, but so far no more diarrhea since I stopped the Metformin Sunday!!! W are watching things quite closely,and I am using some herbal supplements to control the blood sugars.

Also, we are receiving new dietary guidelines and info, from TxC's VA nutrition class. Don't know if he is accepted yet they monitor one carefully, but the food list for low carb are really helpful.

He said the Doctor,and nutritionist are helpful as well. Even if he isn't accepted,for the program, it gave us helpful info'.

Still waiting for a VA disability settlement decision, which we have to give to the Lord... a Lot! The scripture verse about 'looking unto the hills from whence cometh my help comes to mind.

We are looking up a lot!

Better check the last of the Laundry... BBL

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping you're feeling better.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< lyme in Putnam >>>>>,

Thanks for the hopeful wishes! I am feeling somewhat better, and now trying to get my blood sugar levels to calm down again.

Still some tender areas in my abdomen...but thankfully no more diarrhea that got old real quick. I still am a bit weary from it all.

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are on the mend!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I hope you get all the way better soon

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Not fun at all!! So sorry you have been on the long slow road to recovery.

However long the road is, our faithful Lord and Savior is always with us.

And one day we will all be healed-AMEN!

Hang on and hold tight!

--------------------

Billy Graham

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there to <<<<< momindeep',kayak,and Dogsandcats >>>>>,

Well,I'd hoped to get to church tonight, but having a bit more issues,so staying home and quiet.

Trying to figure out if,it is foods or medicines, setting things off, w/ grouchy,griping gut.

I am encouraged tho', I made it from the 7th of the Month to today,before I had to use the full Imodium Dosage. So things are getting better.

Still tender in the liver area, but I'm trying to be watchful what I eat, and what meds and supplements I take when.

Seems it is a learning process, and my system is probably overloaded. It may take awhile to detox from a diabetic med' I never really liked that I've had to take since the fall of 2008.

Trying some natural supplements instead.

I'm striving to find balance, And I'm planning on being able to get back to church services. I felt so blessed to get to go last Wed., And then a brief walk around at a small local market the next day.

A little at a time, thanks so much for the encouragement to each one who has posted here!

Jus' Hopeful Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

payne
Member # 26248

Balance !
are you Listening GOD ??
of course you are, I will be still..
grant courage and compassion..
productive and wholeness
Thank You Father

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Silver.. What was the name of the other drug you are on? The one for your heart or BP that began with an "L?"

Someone just out of the blue told me last week that that drug was horrible. She tole me she thinks it contributed to her mother's death.

So research that one too. You may want your Dr to try a different med. Sounded scary to me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Payne and Lymetoo >>>>>,

<<<<<< Payne >>>>> thanks for the encouraging prayer, I was praying a bit ago,too for wisdom for someone. And I said Lord,that goes for me too..I need your wisdom!

And TxC' and I have been trying to find that balance, where we can get things done, but we don't overdo.

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>, I take Lisinopril, supposedly heart healthy,kidney protective,but it is for my BP. TxC's Drs. thru VA,are pulling him off of the Lisinopril gradually, because of the Low Carb' dietary needs. So I am wondering about weening off it also.

I have one supplement,that is proving helpful on which I must have some carbs for it to work right. But that will be kept to a minimum.

The Low Carb; is mostly the Green vegtables, and meats,fish etc. should be good to ease the yeast issues too.

I'll check on the Lisinopril, I don't trust most of the Lab created meds now-a-days.

Thanks again for the encouragement, from each one who has posted!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would get off that stuff if it were ME. (and it's not) .. There are safer drugs out there.

Low carb will most likely solve a LOT of problems for both of you. Good luck with the diet! It's not easy, but change never is.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

i also am on lisinopril.... was told it enlarges vessels, and that any meds would get through me and deep in me to work best ? as we live long, everything changes back to closer to the vine the better the fruit/veggies..

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh silver...i hope He does send yoy wisdom, but you needto know from your writings it is clear you are already very wise

Much wiser than those who follow dr orders without question

And home and quiet is good too...a good place to listen for answers

I havent been to church more than 2-3 times since i moved here. I guess the season has been working on me...ijust was searching online to find a church where i could be happy that isnt too far and has late or evening service, and i did! I hope i ake it there soon and find anew family. I miss my old church-but it is 90 min away now-too far for these creaky bones

Hope you figure out the meds and are much better soon

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< Lymetoo,payne, and 'kayak, >>>>>,

The more I read upon lab' created western meds the scarier it is.

Before they had some of these chemicals they call meds', diabetes and many other problems had to be treated by diet what one could and could not eat.

With the Lisinopril, one must be careful of any foods containing potassium, like leafy greens,potatoes, and bananas. It can overload the system seriously. But i don't see it on the inserts for the meds or the bottle warnings...hmmm.

Potassium containing foods w/in reason, like many allowed foods on the low carb' diet used to be standard fair to treat many diseases.

Most meats,fish etc. are okayed on TxC's low carb' diet plan, w/in reason [and awareness about contaminants,also bacon,eggs, and avocados.

He isn't to eat, fruits, or nuts,and no corn,peas or carrots [to much sugars]. he is under a doctors care.

The doctors in many a clinic are so overloaded w/ patients, they barely have time to
breathe...and far to many have almost no knowledge of good sound nutrition.

Many times they also do not know about cross reactivity from other meds,foods,supplements ,vitamins and 'otc's.

I was shocked when looking at things that can cause cross reactions and allergy problems ,from mild to deadly.

Many are warned... no grapefruit in any for w/ Lisinopril and similar meds. New reports are saying to be super careful of any citrus products.
I checked in on net to see warnings.

To many meds can cause reactions that mimic disease. How does it help if a drug can cause the symptoms one is trying to prevent???

Ex. Migraine med 'brand x' may cause, flu symptoms, nosebleeds and...drum roll please...migraine headaches,[ -this is a fictionalized example based on a conglomerate of symptoms listed as possible reactions to a variety of medicines].

Any way, I find it telling that as TxC' goes on this new eating lifestyle diet, they are weaning him off of many of his meds.

I don't advocate out right stopping a med w/o checking w/ your doctor, especially long term meds', but I think caution is in order. And w/ the Metformin, for me it is prudent.

I have another appt. this summer and will be reviewing the situation as well as blood work. But I am also making myself aware of possible dangers.

After ,the statin drug mess about three or so years back, where I didn't think to double check,as we had told them I could not take statins, I've grown more cautious.

Payne, I think they tell us all the good things they want the meds to do...accentuate the positive... downplay the negative.

But they forget, we are not robot-machines,and what works x-number of patients may cause serious
problems for some,and may be deadly for a few. I don't want to be one of those few.

'Kayak', any wisdom and discernment I have, comes from the Lord. My own 'wisdom' has caused me problems more than once.

I pray, and seek the Lord's direction,and I also try to listen to that -inner voice -what the body is needing-intuition-. I ask the Lord if that intuition is correct. And I am very far from perfect.

I choose to keep on giving myself/my being, my tho'ts to the Lord. There is an old Hymn about 'Jesus Savior Pilot Me', unsure if that is title or a main line in the song.

I hope you can find a Godly hope filled church,and be able to attend,at least occasionally dear 'Kayak friend.

Circumstances we couldn't control kept us out of
church for a bit over five years. Sometimes I can make several evening services [w/ a weeks break in between] and sometimes ,it is a blessing to be able to make it every four to six weeks.

I am coming to accept that I cannot do everything, no matter how much I'd love too...that balance again. And we do need as Payne said to be nourished from the vine, both physically w/natural wholesome foods ,and from the One True Vine[Jesus said: I am the Vine you are the branches...].

Okay,I gotta go for now, not trying to write a novel here.I do believe that faith is so important, and it is part of a support system for me,and for many others too.

Jus' that Long-winded Silverwolfi [long- type-d doesn't sound right LOL]

Many hugs, as we all try to get thru this illness ! [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement