LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Horrible sunday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horrible sunday
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having a really nice day today until my husband brought home a new super cable box/super router and plugged them in. I am normally sensitive to EMFs, but this was a living hell for me.

We just thought we'd turn off the wifi, but the ten minutes it took to do it sent me into a tailspin. The pain in my head was absolutely unbearable. I don't know how people can live with these things. But then, my husband seemed fine. I guess I'm the canary in the coal mine. We think if it's bad for me, it's more than likely bad for him too.

So once we turned the wifi off, it still hurt but much less than before. Still, I'm going for zero pain here (still trying to recover). Needless to say they are going back.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when my husband is home he keeps satellite tv on practically from sunrise to 10 or 11 at night. I go to bed early and he will come in and turn the tv on.

drives me crazy. my head a nd ears really hurt. and since that loud movie it's even worse.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Catgirl,

Sorry to hear of that. Unless you have a streaming method for TV, it's best to avoid WiFi.

For streaming (I had no other choice if I was to get any use from my TV and it is my sole company these days) . . .

I went with ROKU last October when access to basic cable went from free with apt. up to $40. a month. I cut that cord. Could not sign on but would not have done so out of principle, anyway.

I wonder about the WiFi, but only have it plugged in when I watch the TV with ROKU. Unplug from wall each night. I think I do okay with that.

I use a phone modem for computer connection.

For those with iPads, though, I think WiFi may be necessary (?) . . . still it could be unplugged when not in use, or at our every whim every moment.

Beyond just turning off the computer &/or WiFi, or even turning off the surge protector, UNPLUG the surge protector from the wall each night - and when not in use.

Good to do that with all electronics of this nature. And they don't belong in the bedroom (TV's, computers, cell phones - or partners who insist on such).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
randibear,

I have no words for that behavior. I'd sure investigate my choices, though.

That's not the life I'd want to live and I know it bothers you so I hope you can create some major changes so that you can have a home that is healthful for you, in all respects. However, that happens.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Catgirl,

Tonight, be sure to include adrenal support, magnesium, fish oil. Rest.

If possible, might the two of you just not watch TV for a while? Maybe a few days? A week or a month?

I have gone several years at a time, several long stretches. I was able to go out at least a few times a month then (none now, though). If I could really read a book now, I'd do it again. I live alone and, sad to say, really need my ROKU for a window to the world and to the arts.

I do have an older WiFi unit and the streaming is not as fast as it was 9 months ago but no way would I want a "super" model. That added oomph probably does come at a price for those sensitive to all this. You are not alone.

I wonder, though, if I were able to unplug totally again for a few months, if I could actually go out and get some social interaction - if my brain could heal?).

As it is, I do go at least 2 nights a week with no TV or WiFi even plugged in. I think that does help.
-

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had wifi on since my surgery for a few reasons. It is in one corner of the house and ner fridge that i think is bad too

The bedroom and room recliner i sleep in are kiddy corner to the wifi connection...it is as far from it as i can get in a 1000 sf house

I am not bothered by it in bedroom or recliner room and my tri meter doesnt measurr much in those rooms

I have a light by the bed and that is it...i leave cell off in hall...still close for emergency

I do have hard wired smoke detectors so i am afraid to turn box off

Im not sure if i get headaches from emfs...i get all twitchy, and if iam using phone or laptop my fingers get really hot and sting...if idont stop my face gets tht way and pins and needles

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Catgirl,

The plastics, chemical / fire retardants and off-gassing could also be playing a huge part here. One whiff and it could hours, or a days to come back around. It doesn't even matter if that item is banished, out of apt. The brain got a "hit" with a whiff.

Liver support may help you if you have a similar reaction. If you have a good quality LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL, give that a few whiffs, that is supposed to help the brain "come back" a bit from chemical assault / vehicle exhaust / asphalt exhaust . . . so maybe . . . PEPPERMINT might, too.

Any new plastic item is hard for me to have in my home, even a laundry basket. I have to give it to a friend for many months first. That's why I do better with used computer, a used WiFi . .

Old modem broke at Halloween . . . new modem (Quest) was new and that was awful for months, at the beginning of winter, windows could not be opened for airing out (other than for a few minutes twice a day).

lpkayak,

With the hot and itchy fingers from a device, there is also to consider the actual heat. Some devices get very hot. If so, see if you can ventilate from underneath. Never hold a laptop on your lap, or even an iPad. Some kind of ventilation is important.

Our tender fingers can react even just to the warmth of the device and that can be irritating to some nerve fibers. The action of typing further can irritate finger pads. Try to just tap, no heavy hitting.

warm plastic emits chemicals . . . and the flame retardants. Be sure to have good ventilation so you are not breathing the off-gassed fumes . . . and wash hands & face after use.

I love the access to the world. Yet the mode of transmission with plastics and chemicals is also not without concern. Ventilation is important.

Ergonomics / body "architecture" alignment can aso contribute to hand, neck, nerve issues. It's nearly impossible to type in perfect body alignment. You might find certain neck / hand / chair supports -- or yoga for the hands to help.
-

[ 07-13-2014, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All wonderful advice, thank you guys. [Smile]

It was just so bad today when my husband was trying to disconnect the wifi that I went outside to try to get away. I even tried watering a plant about 75ft from the cable box and router, but I could still feel it. It felt like someone was microwaving my brain/whole head. The pain was so intense, it literally pierced through my head.

I ran into the house crying, begging him to rip them out of the wall. He was shocked as I rarely cry (years). He disconnected everything. So we are using our old boxes for now. I can handle them, but we are considering using just roku and the newspaper for daily news.

What is a person to do if their neighbors get these things? This is just so scary. I don't know why these companies are using such destructive frequencies. They can switch to healthier ones. I don't know why they haven't thus far.

I detoxed tonight and it helped. Still feeling beat up but better.

Thank you for the great suggestions. [Smile]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, interesting. I wonder if my wifi has been giving me symptoms!

hmmmmm

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Catgirl... that is a really severe reaction. So sorry to hear that it makes you so ill! Amazing what technology can do to us!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about plain ole tv with no wifi or cable or any thing?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl,

I'm so sorry that cable box affected you so much!
Yes, enough pain to make you cry is alarming! I can see why your hubby didn't put up a fight and just took the box back.

I wonder if the electronic companies are increasing signal strength because of condo-townhome high density living?

I know in my apartment, my computer 'sees' 14 different Wifi signals.

I am the same as Keebler-I got a Roku also.
The WiFi for the Roku does not seem to bother my head. Mind you, it is not on for more than 2 hours a day.

My Wifi box is on a power bar and the power bar get switched off when I am not using it.

Same as my computer, although I have a landline for my computer.

I do notice Bluetooth in the car is like having a vice on my head.

Do you live in high-density living? Would it be possible to use that EMF blocking paint to reduce your neighbours electrical assaults on your body?
Over time, maybe it would help you have more 'reserve' in your tank etc.

Then maybe it won't hurt as badly if a new electronic is introduced?

Sorry you had that kind of pain, Catgirl. [Frown]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions. [Smile]

I don't know why it is so extreme for people like me, and others can handle it. It has to be slowly affecting people who aren't as sensitive as I am though, even if it's not so immediately obvious. I believe Dr. K about these things. Check this out (really scary):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PktaaxPl7RI

--------------------

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear- my hubby used to turn on the tv at bedtime
at the highest volume setting. I was working at the time and after a full day of noise my little brain went wonkers and hurt.
Could not go to sleep either with ear plugs and a eye cover.

Finally I gave a couple of options- he could watch tv and I would go to the other room to sleep. Usually I would sneak back later cause the bed wasn't so comfy

Or

He could watch 15 minutes of tv while I took my face off, etc.

He eventually gave up TV. Now I can't take any noise -

Do you have a spare bed? I think I remember you saying it wasn't so comfy. Maybe time for a new one or a topper ( that doesn't smell, etc)

Sorry, no fun at all....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow-i hope u dont get a smart meter

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Sorry to hear this. Detox more. I hope you feel better. I have not read all the posts.

Take care,

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my brain really hurts form the bathroom exhaust fan. My husband puts it on every morning when he goes in there to get ready for work while I'm still in bed.

It literally makes me want to crawl out of my skin!

He said he *has* to, like he's addicted to that stupid fan, ha.

some days I sleep through it.

actually my tinnitus is worse and it sometimes drives me batty like that. like high frequency torture.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl-How are you feeling now? Recovered?
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

"It has to be slowly affecting ppl who are not sensitive"

I am so concerned about all my kids in this techy world

But the most for my son in sales-he works really hard and is verysuccessful but at one point he was driving 16 hr days with one of those little phones clipped to his ear

Now he has an office but still uses his cell...but i have been banned frim talking lyme to him

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I am better now, thanks Greta (took a few days).

LP, I hope we don't get a smart meter either!

Thanks Mlg.

Lisa, I hear you, I hate that stupid fan too.

I guess something good came out if it, as now we know we can never move to a big city (too close to neighbors who might get these things). The old cable boxes I could handle, but these new ones are bad news.

I walked by one (before my husband unplugged it) and it still hurt me (but much less) even with the wifi off and old router in place. I think the new cable boxes have something in them that constantly pings for a signal.

I've heard cell phones also do this even in airplane mode. But this box hurt me more than a cell phone, even with the wifi off.

I have to start working on our house. We already got some dirty electricity filters that have helped, but they don't work for wifi, cell towers, etc.

We have been unplugging our router at night too. It has been making a difference for us, giving us more deep restorative rem sleep in the morning (nice). Who knew? I wish we'd done this years ago.

Lp, I understand--my daughter won't let me talk about lyme either.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement