LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » George Bush Jr Lyme disease?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: George Bush Jr Lyme disease?
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you know that George Bush had or HAS Lyme.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

Also take a look at him over the years & look at how his speech is affected. He used to be so eloquent & then he became very SLOW & at a loss of words. Can anyone say ALZHEIMER's!!!!! It actually reminds me of myself as the disease progressed over the years. They are calling it "Presenile DEMENTIA" & don't forget Alzheimer's is just another form of dementia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
posted 08 August, 2007 04:06 PM

Topic: President Bush Treated for Lyme Disease Last Year

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/57225?

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good golly! If a president can't get adequate lyme treatment....

Things really ARE out of control!

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did get good treatment, after the bad treatment. And he is much older now, and had the weight of the world on him for years.

My bet is if you do the same comparison with Presidents long before, and then after they are no longer in office, you'll notice a big difference.

Oh good. Found one. Here is a photo comparison of several Presidents.

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1872168,00.html

And here is one where you can slide the little line in the middle of the photo back and forth to see the aging and stress on the face.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/lifestyle/the-age-of-obama/

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was supposedly treated by an LLMD and consulted with another one.

But of course, he has probably never called either of them back since his current doctors are not connecting the dots.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They probably all do, but I doubt they know it. Practically all of them vacation on martha's vineyard. It's loaded with ticks. I remember reading that George got bit on his ranch though.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Clinton looks the same in his photo. I've always noticed though how after becoming president the men age a ton almost immediately. I wonder how much horrible information they're given that adds to their stress. There must be some kind of presidential debriefing.

Was GW diagnosed and treated right away after a tick bite or did he develop lyme symptoms first. It would be interesting to trace his lyme case back and see if it had anything to do with his ridiculous slip ups during interviews with the press.

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Samlyme, open this link below; it will answer your question.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2007/08/08/bushs-doctors-kept-lyme-disease-secret-for-a-year-is-the-condition-why-his-mind-is-degenerating/

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess he had the rash. And his odd slip ups with language seem to span his career.

Here's a timeline of bushisms
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/bushisms/2009/01/ws_greatest_hits.html

Posts: 154 | From Boston | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When he was governor of Texas, he was like a totally different person. No slip-ups to mention.

(I was living in Texas at the time and I remember.)

There are video clips on You Tube which show this.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh what I would give to check his blood!!!

Just to clarify, we are not comparing what a president "looked" like before or after the stressful presidency period. We are comparing his speech & reaction time before & after. It is quite clear that there are changes & can possibly be traced back.

From the last article:
"Bush has had a lifetime of opportunities to contract Lyme disease, if you can get it from mountain biking in Maine."

I love this video since it boldly suggest Lyme disease!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKCoPx9108

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Bush also had a heart procedure & could be from old age though. The article also mentions...

"Also, the White House announced in August 2007 that Bush was treated the year prior for Lyme disease. A White House spokesman at the time told CNN that it is "not uncommon" for Bush to get tick bites during his bike rides.

Lyme disease can be transmitted through the bite of a tick that carries the disease. The problem had been resolved, with no re-occurrence and no other symptoms, the White House said six years ago. "

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/06/bush-undergoes-heart-procedure/

Samlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43732

Imagine having Lyme disease while being the president. At least he probably had a lot of aids and advisers to help him out.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymedin2010:

I love this video since it boldly suggest Lyme disease!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKCoPx9108

-
Precisely! At least it shows the big difference between his time as governor and as President.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh who cares at this point!! Honestly!

It's time to make a difference!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/3189

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was bitten at Camp David. How do you like this "clarification" to an article stating there is no Lyme disease in Texas.

CLARIFICATION TO THIS ARTICLE

An Aug. 9 article in the A-section about President Bush's Lyme disease last summer said there are no documented cases of the infection in Texas.

While both the federal government's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Texas Department of State Health Services list several hundred cases of Lyme disease in Texas over the past last decade, both agencies say that none of those cases were both laboratory-confirmed and unquestionably acquired in Texas.

In some cases, people were infected with the Lyme disease organism in another state and diagnosed in Texas. Many others had a condition called STARI that is often mistaken for Lyme disease.

Here are some of the original articles about President Bush.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/patient-stories/president-bush

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

"Oh who cares at this point!! Honestly!"

-

-

-

I am going to pretend I did not read that. [Smile]

Do you know how HUGE this would be if they can only test him, like they did the Iceman Mummy, & uncover that he has Lyme.

For you & I to have Lyme & test for it is no big deal for the rest of the world, but for a celebrity & in a particular a president it is astronomical. It will propel Lyme education & awareness forward multiple fold.

What makes this even more special:

-He was the nations president & could have made rash decisions with Lyme.

-The whole nation mocked him, perhaps they were heartlessly & unknowingly mocking the disease instead?

-It shows us how slow & inconspicuous the disease is at times.

-No one is untouchable when it comes to Lyme, not even the president!!!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Here is an interview by a LLMD, short & new, and it mentions the President's situation, as well as some good info in general on topics not typically brought up in articles and interviews. Worth a listen.

http://www.thepeoplechronicles.com/dr-bach-reveales-true-dangers-lyme-disease-revealed/

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

steve1906
Member # 16206

-
Lymedin2010, Don't let that member get to you, she makes comments like that all the time, not a nice person indeed.

I ,ve told that member (beaches), a number of times - if you don't like a post - DON'T OPEN IT!

Steve

--------------------

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Thanks Tincup, that was some great reading. We all know how slow & inconspicuously Lyme can grow in the body, even after what appeared to be a successful treatment.

I will be eagerly following his health through the years.

Do we know another president who had Alzheimer's? Maybe President Ronald Reagan?
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068934;p=0

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I don't mind opposition, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I hope she truly knows how big it would be to show that Bush really does have Lyme.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010-those critter pictures made me chuckle chuckle chuckle!

Nothing like a bugg-eyed dog cat or duck to bring a smile to my face

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

PS-i keep returning to look at them. And everytimme I do, I imagine the sound they make at the same time.

A sort of scooby-doo, "arrrrreeeeu!" sound.

Too funny!

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Haha, thanks Greta. I showed my family & we all laughed & could not stop either.

I was making the Scooby-Doo Huuuuuh sound when showing.....
http://www.frogstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/wav/scoobhuh.wav

Did you see the monkey surprised one on another post?

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt read all of this but i know lymetoo is correct...he was very well spoken years ago...and i know for a fact kennebunkport and surrounding area is full of ticks.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

He was bitten at Camp David. How do you like this "clarification" to an article stating there is no Lyme disease in Texas.

-
I seriously doubt that was the FIRST time had been bitten by a tick that carried various infections. I would say he had been bitten before and his immune system held it in check.

Then he got Lymed again in Maryland and all H broke loose.

Tons of tick exposure in TX and he was also exposed in Maine on their family's vacations. I think his dad was originally from CT, so there is that possibility also.

I've always felt certain that President Reagan had Lyme. He was known for his horse riding and he loved the outdoors. He was known for chopping wood. It all adds up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I have that same feeling, that he MUST have been bitten before. I had the damn thing for 16 years before it blew up.

I was always tired, sluggish, headaches & so darn forgetful. I could dial a phone number or know someones name & repeat it 100x & when I needed the recollection on the spot....pufffff... Nothing!

Over & over again this plagued me for years & not once did I suspect an ongoing infection.

Are there any other Bush family members with diseases? Any other presidents with Lyme related illness? I will try to hunt some & if you want you do the same & we report back.

Should be interesting.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

"The White House won't reveal the length of the president's antibiotics course. Are they protecting the insurance industry? "

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/bushandlymediseasewhatsth

A letter to Mrs. Bush from a doctor with Lyme.
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1307586

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That letter was pretty cool. I wonder how long ago it was written. Im sure she didnt read it all tho and if she did her response would have been "handled"

Isnt dr J rught in DC? I would think he would go to him

So many are walking around with lyme and dont have a clue

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

It was written in August of 2008.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why we have ISIS now. Bush removed Sadam,due to lyme disease brain fog.

Sadam knew how to keep control of his country.

Torture, killing, death.

It is what it takes to control that area!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

[ 11-07-2014, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

MADDOG, that is kind of funny & ironic. I bet MOST people & lymies would have sided with getting rid of a tyrant, but in retrospect it appears that you are correct!

-

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

A quote directly from Andy Abrahams Wilson, the director of Under Our Skin (in regards to Ronald Reagan).

"...I think it’s the beginning of the problem. The deregulation of medicine happened under Reagan, and ironically, Reagan died of Alzheimer’s. I think he was an avid hunter, and you wonder if there’s any connection there."

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2009/06/qa-the-lyme-disease-controversy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement