LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Don't Know What To Do? Doc screwing me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't Know What To Do? Doc screwing me?
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to calm down right now but my head is about to explode. I was called for jury duty and had to get a doctors note (which they charged me $20 for the privilege@&(&&).

My husband just picked it up and it says I cannot serve due to my chronic pain syndrome, depression and agoraphobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Yes, I am in pain all of the time, yes I am depressed because I am so fatigued all of the time, but where the hell did they get that I'm agoraphobic????

Absolutely no mention of lyme+co's, no late-stage lyme.......NOTHING.

I was so upset and ready to call the duck's office and he said, "well, it will still get you out of jury duty..just go with it".

I explained, ok well, I RANTED AT HIM that my SSDI was approved because of LYME DISEASE and my inability to work any more.

Husband says, well go and call and fight with the doc, not me.

Now I'm sitting here and realizing, they are backing away from lyme altogether in my case.

Not only is is a legal document being sent to the COURT about my reasons not to be able to serve, it could likely be used to stop my SSDI. THAT I DON'T HAVE LYME, BUT PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS!!!!!?????????

[ 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: healthywealthywise ]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the DR used what he knew the courts would listen to.

Might be a good idea to call them once you are calmed down. Maybe a different letter would be better since it could cause trouble later.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my doc wrote me a note and ive never been called again. said something about bathroom issues and also mental capability. worked...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whew, thanks guys. I'm calmer now. I called the doctor's office, told them it was incorrect and needed to be fixed. They called back and said the doc would have the letter adjusted to read lyme and chronic pain which is all I wanted.

Anything legal has to really be thought out since it become public record for any future inquiries.

Which will lead me to insist as to WHY agoraphobia was even mentioned. Is it in my files? Who diagnosed that as I know this office does not have a therapist/pro on staff.

So once I insist on having the records corrected, I'm getting a copy of EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ON ME....AND IT'S ALREADY ABOUT 8 INCHES DEEP! I have to find out if anything ELSE incorrect is part of my permanent records.

Of course, I'll have to find the money to pay for the copies they make. They get you coming and going, don't they?

Ah well, it's ending well and dh will pick up the new letter tomorrow.

Thanks again for holding my hand during a tense moment. :-)

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My jury note didnt say lyme. It said i had to use bathroom frequently and could not sit or stand for a long period of time cuz of arthritis

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
What I've said about agoraphobia when it came up in a previous thread. Just because someone does not or cannot go out (or do so much) is NOT the same agoraphobia.

But, then, I'd bet that many who have been told they have agoraphobia do not. I'd bet even some doctors do not know there is more to it and that old term has been a terrible cover-up. What can be behind that:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=031346;p=0

Topic: Agoraphobia from Lyme?

It's not at all what some may think, I say. That term is so often misused. And so often just wrong. I think a lot of people carry this label when it's not at all correct.

Adrenal, nervous system, vestibular (inner workings of the the ear / balance), and cardiac involvement discussed.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

That's the thing Keebler, there has NEVER been mention of that illness/fear anxiety for me. It's a wrong diagnosis and I have to find out why it's in my medical files at all.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement