LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » So there you have it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So there you have it.
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband had a heart attack in August. He had a stent put in...excellent care in hospital...sterling nursing care and was impressed.

But after care was concerning to me...numerous rxs and the question hung in my mind...why did he have a heart attack...I mean what physically happened to him here?

Mainstream doctors gave the pat answers...smoking, diet, high bp, etc....etc.

I made an appointment with my daughter's llmd as his clinic gets to the root of problems and fixes that instead of treating symptoms.

Run the gambit of test and somethings are concerning...heavy metal, mold, adrenals, yeast to name a few.

After Dr. is done with everything...we were in clinic for six hours working with the doctors there, Dr. says he is pretty sure on top of all of this he potentially has lyme.

I think to myself...hmmm...how can that be as I was in the trenches with our daughter 13 years of lyme hell...I would not miss that....I COULD not of missed that!

Sent test into Igenex and got the call today...lyme positive...I. am. in. disbelief.

My heart is heavy...I feel like a looser...not looking for sympathy, it is just how I feel right now.

So, now I am wondering, did this contribute to his heart attack? OMG...

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's amazing about this is that he wouldn't have had more symptoms that would clue you all in. Usually people have symptoms and we recognize them. I guess it's no one's fault, including you, if it wasn't obvious. Important thing is to move forward now with best care for him, I think.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme can cause a heart attack. A friend of mine had a heart attack and her doctors could not figure out why she had it. No damage to her heart.

Then, a few years later, I took her to my lyme doctor and she had lyme, babs, and bart. Mystery solved.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind that recent published report of several youngish people who died of heart attack and only because they were organ donors and someone looked for pathogens did they realize the cause of death was lyme disease.

Now you never know with people whether they actually had no other symptoms or didn't recognize or do anything about them. Men, especially, are prone to ignore symptoms. Women get the brushoff frequently when they do try to follow up. A lot of unrecognized disease out there.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey momindeep,

In the early years of Lyme I met a young woman I will never forget. She was one of the first who had a KNOWN case of Lyme disease in our state.

Her ONLY symptom, and I drug her thru the coals trying to find at least ONE other, was her thumb hurt. That's right, her thumb hurt. That was it.

A friend I worked with also got sick about the same time she did- in the same geographic area. I was already really really sick with multiple symptoms from an "unknown cause".

He was put in the hospital, diagnosed with "lock-jaw". Turns out it wasn't lock-jaw, it was Lyme.

My point- Lyme can hit people in different ways, some with many obvious seemingly unrelated symptoms, some with only one or two. The young lady never had any more symptoms, however her thumb hurt on/of for years.

My friend misdiagnosed with lock-jaw went on to work and have a semi-normal life, but was in pain from arthritis from that point forward.

Chances are if your hubby had been to a doctor- even many doctors- they would have missed it too. And they are PAID for their expertise!

Don't feel bad, please. Feel happy that you DID get to the bottom of it and now can do something about it. AND (unfortunately) you have knowledge and experience needed so you can help him in a way very few others could.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I actually had to take the day off as I had to beat myself up some and have my pity party for one...I am back on track now.

My daughter's and now my husband's llmd is the one who got my daughter well when nobody else could ...took awhile, but by gosh he did it...so there is no reason why we can't be hopeful for a good outcome for my husband too.

And the silver lining...yes I will call it that, is, like Tincup says...I know stuff about lyme and we don't have to desperately seek out a doctor and these things I am thankful for...a far, far cry from my daughter's situation all those years ago.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to see you back with us again. Had you on my mind and in my heart.

Pity Party? Oh yes! Here are two of my favorite pity party songs. (uh huh, I have songs for even that occasion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srpwqf2MWAw

This one ought to make you laugh! In fact, I can't hear it without laughing. Maybe even hubby would laugh on days he is feeling a bit pitiful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euGlGQUFvQ

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
momindeeep-if you hadn't had him be checked by your daughters llmd the cause of his heart attack may never been known. Your concern for his health will allow him to be better sooner.

I do have chest pains/irregular hear rhythm sometimes but it came later in the illness.

I say good job to you for figuring this out! But sorry your husband has lyme.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Tincup...a couple of flashbacks...how appropriate ha! I STILL love Linda...she was sooo cool.

Thanks dogmom...it is gonna be another long journey.

Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that - what a roller coaster ride of stress & anxiety for you, and your family.

It was my own heart attack that led to my learning I had Lyme Disease + co-infections. I had severely low magnesium levels and inflammation around areas of my heart which appeared to have caused the attack.

I was 'lucky' in that my doctor was curious about other symptoms I was having and ordered testing which came back positive for Lyme.

I then went on to begin treatment with a very good LLMD.

Just a further note also - through some culture testing I learned that I actually got Lyme + co-infections from my husband (who had previously tested negative for Lyme).

Lyme & co-infections can be sexually transmitted. My husband & I are proof - and doctors & scientists in a study confirmed. Living Lyme and other tick-borne bacteria have been found in semen, urine and even in some causes, even saliva.

(breaking up your post for easier reading for many here)

[ 01-30-2016, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very sorry to hear this!! But glad you found out.

[group hug]

I agree with Blymey ... LOW MAGNESIUM... LOW MAGNESIUM .. BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL LYME PATIENTS.

LOW MAGNESIUM = HEART ATTACKS

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-the-ultimate-heart-medicine

Magnesium – the Ultimate Heart Medicine

More detail here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM - Informational Links set
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

The deal is that we are and have been previously taking magnesium...RNAreset, the kind Tutu recommends...but maybe not enough of it...or perhaps too late in the game as we have been taking it for a couple years tops...before we took Standard Process mag.

Thanks Blymey...so sorry for your situation. Wishing things were different for us all.

Thanks Keebler for the links.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thing he was taking some magnesium. It might have been even worse had he not been taking any!

Keep the faith!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement