LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What's in your screen name??? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's in your screen name???
tabbytamer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great!

Mine name is obvious, I think.

I love tabby cats. Especially orange ones.

Though I'm not sure if I tame them, or if they tame me. Either way, I figure the names works

Momtoeight found me the picture I have incorporated into my signature. Thanks, M28!

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ya see there sidewinder...

I coudda shudda wudda...but I did not..why?

Well when I first come on Lymenet I walked into a bar room brawl, with people accusing some of hiding behind their "Hollywood" name.

Soooooooo, not wanting to EVER give that impression, being the open wonderful, handsome, rich ( Ok. perhaps NOT rich) and
caring person that I am, I chose MY initials, and last name.

Of course this is my STAGE name, when I stand in for MEL!!!!!!

la da di di dum....nice day!!!!
On the other hand...she wore a glove!

Peace, love and wellness
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, I wanted someting with two syllables, a modified noun, & something that was meaningful to me.

lightfoot:
to honor walking lightly on the earth.
to remind me to keep it light. I can get a little intense, have you noticed?
to think of myself as a lightfoot gal.
Too corny, huh!

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for cootiegirl!
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenGirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love flowers and flower gardening. I have several garden plots in my yard. I think I got bitten by a damn tick in my beloved flower beds.

During the past weeks of fatigue, I love to lose myself in gardening magazines...

Posts: 120 | From Fairport, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone.

I grew up on an Army Base. As some of you know, us Army kids are called Army Brats.
So I grew up being called Brat.

I like the name, it fits my moods these days

~LymeBrat

------------------
~ Missy

"Lyme is an enigma. While the debate rages over proper diagnostic and treatment procedures, patients get sicker and some even die." Pat Smith, LDA

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moxie
Member # 2991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here goes...
Originally from New England...I grew up with Moxie, one of my favorite drinks. It started as a tonic with medicinal qualities.

Hence, moxie...just wish I had a can right now. Might heal a world of hurt, ya think? They don't sell it in Florida. UGH.

Posts: 29 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of moxie....what's in it???
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graneet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well im a granny and i tried every way known to man to get that in some how and ended up with gran..... neet as in neet granny.
Posts: 655 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

cute, graneet! wondered how you came up with that name!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for the newbies!
badkitti30043
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badkitti30043     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lymefriends
I have used badkitti for all my accounts for several years,here is the story behind the name.

I chose Badkitti for my kitty Snoopy.. You see he could not be nuetured (very high risk for surgery)due to medical complications when he was young..

When I tried to add a new male kitty to our home( thought he'd like the company since he was an indoor only kitty) - He loved the kitten for the 1st year then he turned into physco-kitty and fought with the other kitty.. and started spraying to lay claim to HIS home.. I had to give the new addition to friend to stop this badkitti behavior..My badkitti snoopy behaved for many years after that until he passed away last Jan. when he became very ill and had to have an emergency surgery ..He was 10 ..I loved my Kitty more than anything in the world..Still do

Sandi

Posts: 664 | From Atlanta Ga. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art123
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay.........although it might appear that I must be an artist.........actually I am not. But I do enjoy doodling!!!
Mine is the first intial of each of my children.....and then 123 (number for each of my children-first/second/third)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tazeroo
Member # 2798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tazeroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My horse's name is Taz. I call him Tazeroo as a nickname. He has kept me going when times got tough! He always lets me bury my face in his soft fur and cry when I'm down and not feeling good.

[This message has been edited by tazeroo (edited 05 February 2003).]

Posts: 64 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom was peeling corn one day. Ane I pelt it too and the silk was so nice and i remembered when iw as little i loved cornsilk and i just thought cornsilk would be a good hipie name, so i tried it, but cornsilk was taken for AIM, so truecornsilk.

------------------
Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. -- The Count of Monte Cristo

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for newbies!......and to save!!
Discreet Keet
Unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't it would be indiscreet.
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for fun....
Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangarden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangarden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna have an GARDEN by the OCEAN when I get better and have sued all those ducks that helped put me in the medical condition I am in now.

oceangarden

Just joshing. I truly love to garden and the ocean means the world to me )

[This message has been edited by oceangarden (edited 02 June 2003).]

Posts: 125 | From Burlington, VT USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Havinng a life threatening situation myself, a couple of years ago I began saying Peace, or Peace my friend and signing emails Peace.

Coming to the realization that life too short for all the BS and ugliness that I could communicate to all whom I was close to - serenity, smiles, be present in one's life and the peace that all who were sick with this horrific disease (my hubby) find the inner peace,serenity and strength to press forward.

Posts: 130 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I registered, I was wearing a Sun Ra Arkestra t-shirt.

Sun Ra was an eccentric jazz musician from Saturn sent to earth to save humanity and bring harmony to the world.

"I'm a spirit master, I've been to a zone where there is no air, no light, no sound, no life, no death, nothing.

There's five billion people on this planet, all out of tune. I've got to raise their consciousness, tell them about the wonderful potential to bypass death."

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!

Good thing you had that shirt on when you registered...

Or we might be calling you underpants instead of Sun Ra.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good thing you didn't choose this Jimmy Buffet song, or we'd be calling you "Fruitcake"

"Fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street
Struttin' naked through the cross walk
In the middle of the week

Half baked cookies in the oven
Half baked people on the bus
There's a little bit of fruitcake left in
everyone of us"

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You

a

real

funny

one

... little Sunshine!

Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of herbal tea when I read your reply.

I already know what that is like.....

It doesn't look good spit across my computer screen when I bust out laughing!

HEE HAW HEE HAW HEE HAW

Yep.. ya got me good!

Thanks for the laugh...

But watch yerself... underpants.

You never know where the fruitcakes are...

Parrot head.

3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this name because without my kids I really don`t know how I would survive each day. They make me laugh and cry,and lift my spirits on days I just want to crawl into a hole. They are my best medicine!!
Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dizzysue
Member # 3855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dizzysue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's a no-brainer..yup.that's me- no brain.
Hey Simferret! Want 2 more? Hubby doesn't want me to take them when we move into the new house.

wondered about GreenDarkness....

FancyRatFan--we used to have Dumbo rats!great pets! we let them run loose sometimes and the cats didn't even care!!

Posts: 65 | From Apollo, PA USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Fruitcake.....and Underpants....I'll remember those two!!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Tincup
Member # 5829

You would droopy drawers!
Danielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So tincup your really a parrot head. That explains a lot I am not as boring as my user sign but Dan is for Danielle and RN is for Registered Nurse my profession. Maybe it should of been Hitbyatrucktoday
Posts: 146 | From East Haven CT | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name means I can be hopeful it happens quickly, 1,2,3!!!

I knew I would be posting from work, so I wanted some protection in case they had the nerve to insist I actually do work for them.

If I really wanted to be anonymous I wouldn't have stated where I lived - it's a very small town. I would have said something like Dutchess County.

Anyway..
I am
hopeful123

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewarrior03
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewarrior03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the topic, it's fun! I was sick for 8 yrs prior to diagnosis and felt so lost and helpless during that time. I was initially so excited to get a diagnosis in that I felt I had a target to attack. I envisioned the lymes and the theme music from the movie "rocky" and started attacking. Made a lime green shirt into a warrior shirt with permanent marker and a bead tally. Well, I'm at the end of the 2nd mo now, feeling not too different, and a little less warrior like. But I try to revive the feeling every so often.
Posts: 661 | From NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Member # 3998

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a Youth Minister with aspirations to be a missionary hence the name. I was hoping to be a bush pilot for missionaries when my kids were in college but now that I am "afflicted" I will never get a medical certificate to fly again. At least I broke 100 hours before I got sick. So I still concider my self Sent By Him to do His work and presently work with 10-12 year olds and occasionally help with the 6-9s as I will tommorow. Lots of fun stories. I owe my lovely wife for finding this site, and tin cup she cannot play golf for the same reason!!
Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie Fannie
Unregistered

It's just a nickname and no I don't have a big fannie! Although I think I'm working on it So much for losing weight with Lyme.

[This message has been edited by Annie Fannie (edited 01 June 2003).]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Sent...

Good for you! Sounds like a grand life ahead of you.

I see you understood my golf problems....

Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for rimom!!
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 12 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work as a Forest Patrolman fighting wildfires. Since I protected trees among other things like people, property, animals well you get the Idea.
Cya

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
proud pup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for proud pup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the name of my husbands commerical fishing boat. We use the screen name alot. Its easy to remember.
Posts: 191 | From Eastern Shore. Maryland USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hangontilldone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hangontilldone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a cool topic...

My name came from hope...i want to hang on till done....some days I should be hang on by a thread.....ha ha

Posts: 160 | From IN | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellbell
Member # 3929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellbell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my nephews were young they could not say my name, which is Lynnelle. So, it came out as nellbell and stuck. For Mom's day a few years ago my kids got me an ankle bracelet with a bell hanging on it. Now if we are shopping and apart they just listen for the bell. LOL
Posts: 46 | From lutz,florida,usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irongirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3931

Icon 12 posted      Profile for irongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here goes, I'm jumping in!!

After many years of feeling like crap...("Don't know what you could have", "you'll just have to wait and get sick again" remarks)...I found out I had lyme (after pinning my new GP to the wall)!

Good thing I had someting.
My family has no risk factors and I am an extreme health - fitness nut. I "knew" something was wrong, but always sucked it up and pushed through it anyways.

I am an endurance distance triathlete "on hold". It's pretty amazing that I have completed 2 ironman distance triathlons and 5 marathons, as well as many other events while being on lyme!! and it makes sense why my performances were subpar...it is no longer as frustrating.

Thanks to this site, I've hooked up to a decent treatment program and am totally focused on kicking the LD in the butt!!!

To all the warriors out there-
IMHI here i come!!

Peace and strength to all,
irongirl

Posts: 140 | From PA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fish -- a nickname from my high school days. When I was known as Fish, I was completely in control of my body and health; not fighting LD...I chose it to inspire me to fight the good fight!
Posts: 340 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for all the newbies!
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple constanants, few vowels.. thats whats in muh screenname.

Nah, its just that the whole arena of lyme from misdiagnosis to duck diagnosis to improper treatment to miseducation to arguing to nonsense is a crime when it comes to Lyme.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bessie1230
Member # 4237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bessie1230     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ,
It's been fun learning where you all got your screen names!

Mine has no story- just a childhood nickname and my birthday, dec. 30.

Peace,

Bessie

Posts: 29 | From owings,md-20736 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kw3Ls
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Kwels' is a Frisian word. It means something like 'lame, crippled'

I also use this name when I'm playing the videogame 'Quake III Arena'. You play this game online with other people. In a 3D fantasy world you attack each other with all sort of weapons. The most common term of abuse there is 'lame(r)':
'You play lame!' or 'fu, lamer!'

In Dutch language 'ik kwel' means 'I tease'. So you could say 'kwels' means 'teaser'.

I replaced the 'e' with a '3' because I think it looks kewls

Kw3Ls

[This message has been edited by Kw3Ls (edited 03 September 2003).]

DELT
Unregistered

i chose delt

because i felt delt-a-dumb

nero lyme

40angel
Member # 4036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 40angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
40Angel - is for my daughter Nicole.

40 stands for Forte our last name.

Angel represents Nicole.

She is my angel!

Posts: 99 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eiramarak
Member # 4611

Icon 10 posted      Profile for eiramarak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, mine is pretty simple...not anything really special like some of you guys'...

Mine is just simply my name spelled backwards...Kara Marie...couldn't think of anything better. lol

Posts: 9 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Kathy,they nicknamed me katie. I spent 20+ yrs being told by the med lords that it was all in my head,among other variations.I finally yelled "uncle"
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a good idea...I loved reading all the stories of everyone's screen names!

When I picked my screename, I thought of "heart and soul" - I am a christian, and I want to live my life with my heart and soul.

I'm also an artist - loved drawing ever since I was able to hold something to write with. I feel my ability to draw is a gift from God, so that's how I ended up with ArtnSoul.

Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wldangyl
Member # 4702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wldangyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.. My Turn!!!

Martina McBride, Wild Angels.. theme song maybe? or thats what i feel is watching out for me

Wild Angels Lyrics
Martina McBride

(Gary Harrison/Harry Stinson)

Bewteen the perfect world and the bottom line
Keeping love alive in these troubled times
It's a mircle in itself
And we know too well what that's about
Still we made it through, only God knows how
We must've had a little help
(Must've been)

Chorus:
Wild Angels, Wild Angels
Watching over you and me
Wild Angels, Wild Angels
Baby what could it be

Well it must've been hard, it must've been tough
Keeping up with crazy fools like us
'Cause it's so easy to fall apart
And we still break each other's heart sometimes
Spent some nights on the jagged side
Somehow we wake up in each other's arms
(Must've been)

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
There are some nights
I watch you while you dream
I swear I hear the sound of beating wings

------------------
Dawn
Livin with Lyme Way Too Long

Posts: 18 | From Ambler PA USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
familyoflyme
Member # 4536

Icon 6 posted      Profile for familyoflyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My MOM, MY DAD,MY BROTHER HAVE IT. MY 2 AUNTS AND THERE KIDS AND GRANDKIDS HAVE IT. ENVEN SOME X'S HAVE IT. WE ARE JUST A BIG FAMILY OF LYME.
Posts: 7 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I don't use my real name on everything I get mixed up and forget what name I have to go with what password. Between E-mail and message forums it gets really confusing!

If "Naomi" is ever taken I use Happy-Cat. I own my own cat sitting business called Happy Cat Pet Sitting!

Hugs,
Naomi

Posts: 276 | From Boston, MA, UsA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myampris20
Member # 4859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myampris20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, these are so fun to read!

Mine is a name of a character in a book I read, "Ampris". When I chose it several years ago, someone already had it so I added the "My" to it. Then, just recently, I changed my email address to yahoo and somehow I screwed up the sign up form so it wouldn't accept "myampris", so I added the "20" to it. So, there you have it.

Posts: 61 | From Santa Rosa, CA USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might have guessed it already - but, I really don't like liver.

dll

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up
flowerchild
Member # 4759

Icon 6 posted      Profile for flowerchild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what fun reading all these names! I always like trying to figure out the names-kind of like a vanity license plate! I'm "flowerchild" because I'm a barefoot, tie-dyed, daisy-in-my-hair hippie throwback who was born in the wrong time!
Peace and good vibes for you all,
Lisa :-)
"Love is the answer...and you know that, for sure!"

Posts: 17 | From Boise, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchbraid
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchbraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chose my user name because it's the way my girls love to wear their hair. In a "frenchbraid". I'm not french.

frenchbraid

------------------
Stay positive. Smile. People care.

Posts: 948 | From Northwest, NJ USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 6 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm fairly new and I chose my name because it's the name of a state park right next to where I live; Pinchot Park in PA. .. Lots of people know it's also near Ski Roundtop as well + my first name.
Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
company 81
Member # 5071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for company 81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My screen name is from my time in the service. I was stationed in Maryland in the 1970's and my company was 81.
Posts: 18 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Mine is stolen from another person's idea.

A Corgi is a dog from Wales. I love the breed and own 2.

There are many corgis around that are extra small - almost miniature. My friend calls them corgillas.

The female that I own happens to be the smallest that anyone I know has ever seen so I stole the name for myself.

Jody

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankee in black
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4309

Icon 6 posted      Profile for yankee in black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is attached to my own, personal "15 minutes of fame story"(You know, Andy Warhol once said we would all have 15 min.'s of fame in our lives)

I worked for 23 yrs in NYC in the fashion and beauty industry

Anything from an assistant all the way to Vice President in that time frame

Started out as a educator to hairdressers(haircoloring techinques) all the way to researcher in dye-loads after finishing my Ph.D

Along the way--I did hair for designers in top fashion shows

You know--the ones you see in Vogue and such?

Well, way back when--there was a certain well known supermodel who had a REALLY BAD ATTIUDE---and I totally did not care what the H*LL* she thought of me, I told her to park it baby, and get your freakin hair done for this show--I needed to get back to the states and work the next day

Well, she called me a *D*MM Yankee*, which I thought was pretty funny coming out of a Dane
( my co-workers called me D*MM Yankee for years after this!!!)

And I always wear black

So, years later--when I moved to Texas, my old co-workers in NYC---gave me the IM(instant messager) name of *Yankee in Black*

My new Texan buddies think it's funny(the name)

Posts: 468 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red16
Member # 5070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, mine is nothing special, probably obvious. Red because I'm a redhead and 16 because it's my lucky number.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for newbies
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so,

I have a cat, Minou. She's very small, and very beautiful.

When she was a kitten, no bigger than the palm of my hand, she was in the front room when I was vacuuming. She refused to be intimidated and would not move out of the way. When I nudged her with the vacuum cleaner, she swatted it, sat for a minute, then decided to inspect the food bowl in the other room.

And once upon a time, when I got a new German Shepherd puppy, the Nounster snuck up on him constantly for two weeks. She'd do a surprise attack, he'd bark at her or go after her, and then he'd get in trouble with me or my husband. After 2 weeks, he learned to sit quietly and not bother her. After she had him trained, she never bothered him again, and would even groom him and snuggle him.

So you see, I just can't let myself get weak kneed and pitiful with her around.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5635

Icon 7 posted      Profile for smiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am usually an optomistic person - and I have always believed that if you put on a smile - eventually you'll believe it. The word itself also makes me smile - and gives me hope.

That said, the day I registered, I couldn't stop crying and actually it was somewhat of a sarcastic choice. Somedays, especially when feeling crummy, I can laugh at my attempt at humor. It is fun reading these responses - thanks for bringing it to the top!

Posts: 160 | From MD, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peachsc
Member # 4969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peachsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peach is for my big, fat, old, orange tabby cat. If she was a person she would be a bossy, crabby old lady stomping around in her housecoat and slippers grumping at everyone.

She is 14 and my vet (who also happens to be my boss) is convinced that she is going to live to be 25. She has the bloodwork of a 3 year old cat and she manages to draw blood (usually mine) every time I have to bring her to the office. Oh dear bartonella!

The 'SC' stands for the show name of one of my horses, 'Southern Charm'. We call him 'Southie' around the barn and he is a big ol' goofball.

Posts: 79 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

I don't know if mine is obvious, but it means Canadian with lyme. Canuck-Canadian.
Babygirl
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nickname came (kinda) from the movie "A Time to Kill". There is a part in the movie where he whispers "dream some good dreams babygirl" and I don't know if it was the way he said it or his accent, but it gave me goose bumps. I made the mistake of telling the lead singer of the band that I jammed with occasionally about it. Wouldn't you know it... all the guys would whisper the line in my ears to give me the chills! Much to my surprise... the first time I was to sit in with them in public (playing drums) the poster they put up announcing it said "Featuring .... BABYGIRL" well... I was a well known bartender in that area and the name just stuck. Yes... it still gives me shivers! By the way... some of you have e mailed me have e mailed to the name TAMAPLYR... which is also a drum related nickname.. TAMA are the drums I love (loved) to play. Not too many of us chick drummers so I have to get better soon to keep the tradition going!
Posts: 62 | From Middletown, Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambleguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambleguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't lived in the same town for more than a few years since the age of 12, and I lived in most places for 2 years or less. I went to 2 different junior high schools and 4 different high schools in 3 different states (Mississippi, New York and California) and it seems like I haven't been able to sit still ever since. Most of those towns I did not want to leave, but had to for one reason or another (family, job, school, etc. and no, no tar and feathers were involved). The ironic part is that I would very much like to stay in one place.

I've used the name rambleguy in other forums on occasion, so if you see that name, it might be me rambling through cyberspace.

By the way, I just moved back up to Chico, CA last November. 7 months in one place and counting! I'm practically covered in moss.

Posts: 139 | From Chico, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Member # 3998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rambleguy I can truly relate to all the moves. The longest I was at one address was three years. I am attempting to keep my kids in the same school zone/church at least for some level of stability but we still seem to be moving a bunch.

Sent

Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jbgoth = JB are my initials and goth is short for gothic.

I love gothic, alternative, progressive music. Gotta love New Order, The Smiths and The Cure!!!!

JB

------------------

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaPI
Member # 5587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaPI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Amanda and I was a licensed private inveatigator as a side business while working in social services and that has been my aol screen name for many years.
Posts: 80 | From Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a certified Holotropic Breathwork facilitator....this is a deep experiential experience used to augment therapy or personal growth. I was a trauma nurse for years, then became a therapist...I loved the breathwork so much that I took it as my screen name years ago...it's pretty cool stuff.. www.breathwork.com
Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for all the newbies
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement