LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » This is a test of a old linux computer. Did it post?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is a test of a old linux computer. Did it post?
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost two windows 10 servers ,to what i am not shure.

i have got out a old linux computer while i build a 8 core linux system.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see you Maddog.

LymeNet has been messed up for a long time too. Just tried to edit a post and it wouldn't work.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TC
I am having hacker attacks.

They spoof a windows 10 update.

Then load a ton of files giving them the ability to re flash the mother board bios.Destroying it!!!!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC!!! Good to see you on here! You know just seeing your name makes me smile!!!
Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't you sweet with those kind words! You make me giggle and blush. Thanks me!

And just today I was wondering if I kicked the bucket would anybody actually miss me. It took a while, but I was pleased when I realized there actually was one person who certainly would.

The Pizza Hut guy!

With that in mind, and feeling ever so grateful, I went to visit him tonight. (wink, wink)

It is nice when your local pizza hut manager comes out from behind the counter and gives you a big hug when they see you! And a pizza too!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Maddog,

You are good with protection, so how can they get thru like that? You've got to be upset! Good grief!

Would it help to know the LDA website and LymeNet have both been messed with?

My computer shut down 3 x which it's never done before. Don't know if it is related, but maybe that will give you some background?

My other concern, could it be your nasty neighbor? Mr. & Mrs. Smoke Barrel?

So sorry to hear it is so rough there!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

May I suggest? How about setting the computer aside for a bit and doing some fishing? Water should be a few degrees warmer now. Crappie and cats.

Gotta laugh. Was crossing a side street on the way to a store today and a man and woman were coming out with a cart full of stuff. I saw a 24 pack (?) of Coors beer in their cart and immediately, for some unknown reason, thought of going fishing.

Since I don't drink I have no clue why that popped in my head? Duh?

Anyhow, as I walked by I said... "You going fishing?" The woman's mouth dropped open and then she asked how I knew. I said the beer gave it away. And I was right!

We got into a long conversation about fishing, catfish, catch and release, and such- and I told her about you. Said they'd never see a better fisherman.

Eventually, when a car came up the road, we parted ways all friendly like, with all of us excited to be going fishing again (them tomorrow, me some day).

So me tinks it is time fer you to go! It's a sign! Have fun!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi TC
I hooked my last win 10 computer up to the network after finding what i wanted on the linux one.
i typed in the websight address to tyan computer to get the motherboard manual for the new system i am building.

As soon as it loaded i yanked out the network cable.

I GOT IT ,THE HARDWARE FRONT PANEL CONNECTIONS!!!

AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

FISHING!!!!!! i got 53 rainbow trout ,could have got more ,i just got burned out on them.

Today i went fishing here, got 2 small largmouth bass put them back,one 14.5 inch large mouth (kept it),two keeper crappies and a nice cat.

WWWAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That cat towed me around in that kayak.

Have a catfish on the line ,have a Kayak motor.

MADDOG

Tincup
Member # 5829

I think you are a mechanical genius! Fantastic on computer and on all things related to vehicles too. Not to mention those fishing skills! Is there anything you can't do? (Besides not yellowing the snow every winter?)

Great to hear the largemouth are of some size (still), and active too. Got good stock there. Nice!

Got me thinking of some old postcards, like these. Must have been pictures of some of your relatives?

http://tiny.cc/r81way

http://tiny.cc/l41way

http://tiny.cc/n51way

http://tiny.cc/661way

http://tiny.cc/s91way

http://tiny.cc/ea2way

http://tiny.cc/8a2way

This is the one I want to eat!
http://tiny.cc/9b2way

And when I go fishing, this is what MY catch looks like! 67 TONS of fish at one time!
http://tiny.cc/tj2way

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

One of them was my grandpa.

The other ones were my uncles.

to bad the fish were so small back then.

MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

I built the big system.

my power supply was to small it just kept crashing.

Linux mint was attacked also.

i ordered a bigger power supply and will install HUGE passwords so mint will come out of protect mode.

And i thought Linux was not touchable.

Well that new one world gov. computer has us all at its mercy.

BIG BROTHER IS ACTUALLY HERE.

This is cool all my life i was tought this time would come.

It is here!!

Big brother!!

I hope our government is hunting them down in the name of FREEDOM. And they have not told us to prevent panic.

MADDOG I just have held hands with my computer children so many years i can tell something in the net is just wrong!!!

Tincup
Member # 5829

I have no clue how you do all that you do- amazing. A master of all trades you are. Glad you are back on track!

Although, Maddog, you'd never know I felt that way had you heard me earlier today chewing you out so bad a fly wouldn't land on you.

You HAD to keep talking about fish, didn't you? HA!

After grocery shopping, and yes, I have a deal with the fish section in my local store so they will toss any fish I buy in the shrimp steamer for me...

Anyhow, I took my delightful catfish outside- seasoned, steamy and ready to eat. It was suppose to be for supper tonight when I got home.

HINT- Never go to the grocery store when you are hungry. I was starving when I got out of there.

I couldn't wait. I opened up the container with the cooked fish and sat in the car eating it ALL before I even started the car to go home!

I don't do that with candy or anything else, but I did it today with a CATFISH!

And do you think Missy here had a plate, or fork and knife with her? NO! I ate it with my fingers! I'm officially a pig! And it is all YOUR fault!

YOU made me do that! Now stop tempting me with fish when you know I can't resist!

[lol]

And good thing I don't have any top secret information to hide. I could probably stand the beatings and torture, but don't tempt me with a fish!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

OH TC
Today i left here at noon so the neighbor could not torture me, the wind was out of the south.

i went to Camden to get chicken livers they were out.

I went to oxford ohio and got chicken livers at wall mart.

I went to houston woods lake. There is a place there only i know about.

I hooked up the chicken livers and threw them in the lake.

Well The first catfish and me fought for awhile before the line broke, 8 pound line.

I pulled out 5 catfish, two bigmouth bass, and a hybrid blue gill, lost 12 hooks.

The bass hit on my other line on knight crawlers.

WISH YOU WERE HERE I gave them to a guy with a bunch of kids.

You would have been more than welcome to them.

Some times i get tired of eating fish, but not catching them.

To much fun!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

OH TC
Today i left here at noon so the neighbor could not torture me, the wind was out of the south.

i went to Camden to get chicken livers they were out.

I went to oxford ohio and got chicken livers at wall mart.

I went to houston woods lake. There is a place there only i know about.

I hooked up the chicken livers and threw them in the lake.

Well The first catfish and me fought for awhile before the line broke, 8 pound line.

I pulled out 5 catfish, two bigmouth bass, and a hybrid blue gill, lost 12 hooks.

The bass hit on my other line on knight crawlers.

WISH YOU WERE HERE I gave them to a guy with a bunch of kids.

You would have been more than welcome to them.

Some times i get tired of eating fish, but not catching them.

To much fun!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

Tincup
Member # 5829

WOW Maddog! Nice catch! Really amazing. Good Sunday afternoon for sure!

Glad if I couldn't have that nice catch, nice offer btw, that some kids could! Thanks for sharing with them. They will be thrilled.

You were lucky to find some liver on a Sunday. Good old Walmart!

How much are the night crawlers up there? Someone recently told me blood worms were going for $18 a dozen (Maryland/Delaware).

That's almost as bad as the guy we invited over a few years back, who bought shrimp with him to fish with- not knowing better- and paid $22 a pound for them. They were some of the biggest shrimp I'd seen!

Almost as big as the ONE little yellow perch he caught!

Anyhow, glad to hear you had a good day. I smile for you.

And I want pictures too, don't forget!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

I do not know how this thing posted twice.

The night crawlers are $3.45 for 18 at Walmart.

It was to windy today for my kayak so i did not go fishing here on this lake were I live.

Mabey tomorrow .

MADDOG

Tincup
Member # 5829

Well, any fish? Any stories? I got one.

I got burned- and am still really grumpy about it. Bought some flounder and salmon (2 pkgs.) from the local store- but the guy who usually fixes it wasn't there.

Rather than being just fish, when I went back to get it after they steamed it, it was some sort of meal. Basically VEGETABLES on top of a minnow like fish.

Asked fish guy what was going on? He said he thought I wanted meals. I said NO, blah blah blah.

So I asked again for a flounder filet and a salmon filet and again pointed them out to him in the cooler. Came back to get it and again- another 2 pkg meals with veggies! And I couldn't even see the fish under the stupid veggies.

Keep in mind I'd been eating veggies & salads (ONLY) again all week and really just wanted FISH.

I figured I'd explained exactly what I wanted TWO times to the guy and if he didn't get it by then, he never would.

So when I got home I tried heating one of the packaged meals up as instructed. The veggies were too hard, way to hard to eat, and the fish was mushy and tasteless. Plus he used Cod instead of flounder or salmon. ???

I spent $24 on that mess! I'm going to take it back. Yes, I'm STILL grumpy over it. That's a lot of money (for me) for hard carrots and broccoli that I can't even chew, sprinkled with minnows!

Hope YOUR fishing trip went better!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow maddog! I have that very same computer OH MY GOD! My computer has been hacked also, nothing like creepy stalkers walking around trying to get into a persons private life... [Mad] [loco]

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Maddog, TC and Beverly! <3
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Melanie!!!!

Were have you been??

I am now running Linux Mint it seems very stabil.

I was a windows fan but Win 10 is a hackers friend.

I do 2 bicillin shots a month ,just to keep control.

How about you???

Went fishing today,got only a sunfish and two crappies. I put them back in to grow up!!!

I still want to live in the Rockies ,however i am getting OLD 60 now.

Well it is just so cool to hear from you after all these years.

Glad to know you are still kicking!!!!!

MADDOG

Tincup
Member # 5829

Looks like it's minnows for you too. At least I don't feel quite so bad now. HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Maddog!

Very nice to hear from you too! 60 isn't old, kiddo. [Wink] Goodness, how many years has it been since the Arkansas float? Feels like an eternity ago. (perhaps we are all getting old!)

I'm pleased to know that Bicillin is helping you to keep things in check. The shots take some getting use to, but get easier over time.

So kind of you to ask, I am still fighting the good fight. I've had several pretty harsh relapses, the latest just a month or so ago.

I had been treating rather aggressively for a year and a half, decided to take a little break over the holidays, and crashed hard.

So, I am back at it. Truthfully, I'm more than ready to be done with this little phase in life, but, it seems that the diseases have another plan I suppose. [Wink]

Anyway, I am glad to see spring arrive and it sounds as if you are too!

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Thanks for that smile TC. I haven't seen that for many years!
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog and tincup, Next time it rains your both invited over for a nightcrawler hunt.

I remember taking a flashlight out and catching them by the dozens here. The ground is loaded with them.

They cost 2 bucks a dozen for the boxed ones.

Maddog,,,was thinking of you the other day when I was reading the news article about Rocky Ford outfitters on the Niobrara.

Seems the government had a secret deal to buy it for 2 MILLION dollars so they could control access to the Niobrara.

The group that oversees the area so it stays good for everybody found out and is raising holy heck about it.

It was only "WORTH" a couple hundred thousand,,,but our government is here to help (yuck)

Last I heard they had this sale cancelled. Just a few more days and it would have been to late.

They said oh well,,we will go spend our 2 million someplace else. Couldnt let it go to waste you know.

I also recall when we raised 50-100 eatting chickens per year how we saved most all the livers and some of the guts for my grandpas and my cat fishing.

Dont recall ever catching many tho. My grandpa never fished after a rain or when the creek was high.

Now days thats the ONLY time they catch any as I am now told.

Would like to go fishing again some day.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Hi Melanie
It has taken me awhile to post back on here.

I think the bicillin is the only thing that works for me.

I can't take oral ABX anymore, to toxic to the digestive system.

That trip buffalo was wonderful,looking back it is one of the highlights in my life.

Spring is here and the fishing is FULL on!!

Funny, i never could catch much until i retired,
Now I have the time to put into it.

Keep up the good fight!!

MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

Just Don
I use chicken livers and sometimes I clean house- the lake.

The catfish at Houston Woods state park love them.

I got a huge fish yesterday for a second.Threw out a crappie rig with minnow 40 feet away next to a dock. I was in my small kayak.The Maddog bass boat.

I got a bite, took the bobber under ,came straight for the kayak I was reeling like crazy.It went past the kayak like a torpedo spun me around ,sunk my fishing pole tip and then SNAP went the line.

I was saying CRAP,CRAP, CRAP.

Lots of big mouth bass here!!!

MADDOG

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trip to Arkansas was about 11 yrs ago if I remember correctly. I was invited to meet up with you guys and I chose to work.

I still regret that decision. I didn't realize how close you were to me.

But then again, I have this huge fear of TICKS and it would have taken a lot to get me into the woods!

[Big Grin]

Love and hugs to all.

[ 05-20-2016, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Just Don said.. "Maddog and tincup, Next time it rains your both invited over for a nightcrawler hunt."

Gee, thanks Just Don. With an invite that amazingly sweet, well, I feel just like a Princess.

Not sure I have appropriate attire to wear to such a royal occasion, but if you and Maddog don't mind I'll certainly be there, at least with bells on! You ding dongs!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

I loved the Buffalo River trip too!

I remember, our hero and river guide Maddog tossed us all in the rushing white water the first day we got there and simply said... Follow the "V".

[lol]

Sorry TuTu wasn't there, but sure had fun with the rest of the gang.

And like all of you, I sure do miss Charlie.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

And talk about BIG catfish, look at the ones I caught. Too big for me to lift up by myself, so others are helping me out.

Scroll down about 1/2 way at this link.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/fishing/catfish/10-biggest-catfish-world-records-time/

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

I just upgraded to poles to Fireline crystal,i did not loose any fish today,and my pole did not get all tangled up.

15 bucks for enough line for two poles, it better be good line.

I caught a bunch of crappies only 3 were over the 9 inch limit.They are fillets.

Water got colder again can't wait for catfish season.

Don, i need the night crawlers bad!! Here I had them, then a million moles got in my yard and ate them all and killed my grass.

I keep thinking about the Neobrara river, cant remember that campground name, it was deserted during the week i loved it there.

How much is a out of state licence there in Nebraska Don.

MADDOG
Member # 18

Tincup
They are fantastic fish ,I am really getting into catching them.

They are so easy to fillet out.Just bump the knife along the skull, at the back edge angle down to the ribs and push all the way to the bottom and through.
cut along the ribs to the tail leave the skin attached at the tail flip the fillet over and skin it !!!
DONE!! No skin no bones!!!

Like they were made for fillets.

MADDOG

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog,
I THINK we took out 1 or 2 places up,,,cause that storm was chasing us. It is really rocky there and impossible to kayak thru,,have to portage around it.

Only other way is an innertube during high water and 'bounce' over the rocks

Another article today says the owner is now mad he didnt get his 2 million so he is either going to close public access OR charge a 38 dollar trespass fee.

Dont know how much license are,,,will research and get back to you.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

MD,
Just looked $61.50 for an annual. Can buy a 3 day for about half that,,,but 3 days are gone before you blink.

Tried looking for fishing reports. Didnt find much but this catfish video/tutorial.

Warning its very long and bring a pencil and paper cause you want some info from it.

Specially the special cat fish bait recipe
http://www.oldschoolfishingsecrets.com/catfish/thankyou.php?Submit=Signup&email=justdon2012%40gmail.com&from=justdon2012%40gmail.com&meta_adtracking=&meta_message=1&meta_required=f rom&meta_split_id=&meta_web_form_id=1792447825&name=don&unit=osf_catfish

Dont catch too many

--------------------
just don

MADDOG
Member # 18

Don
Did you know these things are in the river?

http://sites.outdoornebraska.gov/rarespecies/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/12/Pallid-Sturgeon-NEBRASKAland-2-1024x682.jpg

Hope this works.

MADDOG

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement