LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Another young woman gone much too early...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another young woman gone much too early...
Ann-Ohio
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just received this sad message from a friend in Ohio:

"My daughter Michelle Talikka Skillman passed away on April 29, 2016.
She had Lyme since 1987 and subsequently developed cancer which ended her fight."

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another mother lost her child. This shouldn't be happening. You and your friend must be heartbroken. Wish there were adequate words to help comfort you both.

So sorry Ann. You'll be in my prayers.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's terribly sad. What kind of cancer did she have? I'm asking because it seems to be common to get cancer when you have Lyme. I was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Devastating when you're

already dealing with way too much with TBD's, plus all of the results of that.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Rumigirl…
I do not know how common cancer is in Lyme disease patients.
I shall check into any studies that have been done.
I do hope you are getting the support and treatment needed.

Hugs,
Ann

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear, Rumigirl!

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Lymetoo; I should really have a separate thread. I almost didn't want to post about it. Of course, I'm going through a lot. (Didn't mean to highjack this thread).
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear.

Rumigirl, I have posted complete notes from both of Ty Bollinger's series on treating cancers naturally, including plenty of info re treating breast cancer.

If you search for the series titles, Quest for the Cures Continues and a Global Quest, you'll find them. There's lots you can do, and people recover from cancer by doing what supports the body. And one person had Lyme too, and healed her cancer. Her name is Trina, in the series.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Robin, thank you. I registered for that, but didn't get to listen, so I'll look for your post. (I didn't find it! Could you send or show me the link, please? Thank you)!

The irony is that I've been a Natural Health Care practitioner for many decades and have taught people how to eliminate cancer (and other conditions) naturally all along.

The difficult part is that I'm not the person I used to be physically, due to the TBD's and the CRPS/RSD. So it's not so easy to do all of what I used to do that would help the most now.

But I am doing what I can, and just finished all the initial diagnostic work. I'm still figuring out just what I am going to do in terms of treatment.

This should really be a separate thread! But I wasn't even going to post about it, as it is so big, on top of all the rest. Sigh.

Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so terribly sorry to know what you are experiencing Rumigirl. Sending many good wishes across the miles.

If it is any help at all, my mother who was diagnosed with late stage 3 breast cancer, is now cancer free for three years.

I think the combination of TBDs and Cancer is very common actually. I don't have any statistics, but have heard of it enough times to link the two, at least in my mind.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumi,

Do you feel like the punching bag? What a situation you've got, so sorry!

For decades I've sent anyone with Lyme and breast cancer to a certain LLMD with good success. If you'd like that info please let me know. [email protected]

Don't know where you are but that doc, actually there are two of them now, are located in PA and VA.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Rumi

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/36171?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
Rumi,

Do you feel like the punching bag? What a situation you've got, so sorry!

For decades I've sent anyone with Lyme and breast cancer to a certain LLMD with good success. If you'd like that info please let me know. [email protected]

Don't know where you are but that doc, actually there are two of them now, are located in PA and VA.

TC, yes, I most certainly DO feel like a punching bag! I could do some punching myself! At least with a pillow. Thank you so much for the link to the new thread thread that you created. As I said there, you are completely amazing. I don't know how you do it all.
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Melanie Reber:
I am so terribly sorry to know what you are experiencing Rumigirl. Sending many good wishes across the miles.

If it is any help at all, my mother who was diagnosed with late stage 3 breast cancer, is now cancer free for three years.

I think the combination of TBDs and Cancer is very common actually. I don't have any statistics, but have heard of it enough times to link the two, at least in my mind.

Melanie, thank you so much. I know that I will get through this somehow, but all of the darned things on top of each other---too much!

And I am like the princess and the pea, super-sensitive. There is no way I will be doing chemo or radiation. I doubt that I can even tolerate the surgery, due to the CRPS/ RSD possibly spreading and

getting worse. If I am a candidate for Immunotherapy, I will do that. Otherwise, I am doing all of the natural stuff that I already know to do, only way more of it now.

Yes, I agree that TBD's & cancer are common together, due to the immune system depression all the infections cause.

How are YOU doing, Melanie?? I haven't seen you on LN in quite a while. I hope that that means that you are doing better.

Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so kind of you to ask Rumigirl. Correct me if my memory is wrong, but wasn't it you who finally agreed to give my bicillin shot to me at the ILADS conference all those years ago?

I wish that I could report that all was well healthwise, but unfortunately, I am still struggling quite a bit. Like so many, I just keep moving forward as best as I can.

You WILL get through this somehow Princess. Know that I care.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumigirl,
Since you are already immersed in natural healing modalities, you might or might not have heard about Iodine Therapy as an alternative for the prevention of several reproductive cancers (breast, prostate, and uterine cancer, also uterine fibroids). Here are some good resources:
http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/breastcancerthinktank/info

http://www.amazon.com/Breast-Cancer-Iodine-Prevent-Survive/dp/1552128849/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1465158736&sr=1-1&keywords=Breast+cancer+and+Iodine

The author of this next book is the moderator of the BCCTT Yahoo forum (link above).
http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Crisis-What-About-Wreck/dp/098603200X/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ZrJUypCSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL480_SR306%2C480_&refRID=0R8ACND43CVNF8RXNDYV

And last, but definitely not least, is this very clear and concise Iodine Protocol Guidelines by a naturopath who cured her own thyroid cancer (after thyroid surgery had failed!) by using this Iodine Protocol.
http://steppingstonesliving.com/resources/downloads/

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by TX Lyme Mom:
Rumigirl,
Since you are already immersed in natural healing modalities, you might or might not have heard about Iodine Therapy as an alternative for the prevention of several reproductive cancers (breast, prostate, and uterine cancer, also uterine fibroids). Here are some good resources:
http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/breastcancerthinktank/info

http://www.amazon.com/Breast-Cancer-Iodine-Prevent-Survive/dp/1552128849/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1465158736&sr=1-1&keywords=Breast+cancer+and+Iodine

The author of this next book is the moderator of the BCCTT Yahoo forum (link above).
http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Crisis-What-About-Wreck/dp/098603200X/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ZrJUypCSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL480_SR306%2C480_&refRID=0R8ACND43CVNF8RXNDYV

And last, but definitely not least, is this very clear and concise Iodine Protocol Guidelines by a naturopath who cured her own thyroid cancer (after thyroid surgery had failed!) by using this Iodine Protocol.
http://steppingstonesliving.com/resources/downloads/

TX Lyme Mom, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! More later. I had a punishing day seeing an oncologist and breast surgeon at the top cancer hospital in the country. Me, who doesn't believe in that route at all??!! What the %$#*!

More another day, I spent so much time preparing. The doctors are dedicated, BUT, holy cow, what awful news/protocols! To be continued . . .

TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RumiGirl,
You will want to start with the BCCTT Yahoo forum because the moderator of that group, who is also the author of The Iodine Crisis, is phenomenal.

Members of that group often opt for surgery, but many of them refuse having their lymph nodes excised. Some of them opt for various forms of chemo, but most of them refuse radiation. They really do their homework, and they discuss the pros and cons of all options with objectivity.

They support one another's choices, whether mainstream all the way, alternative all the way or a combo of various aspects of mainstream plus alternative options. Participation in this group is a very empowering experience.

I joined because our daughter had a suspicious breast lump, which turned out to be benign, but I stayed in the group because there was so much to learn and also just in case her lump (fibroadenoma) didn't respond to Iodine Therapy. I developed a lot of respect for Lynne Farrow, the group moderator and author of the book (link in my post, above).

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Rumigirl:

And I am like the princess and the pea, super-sensitive. There is no way I will be doing chemo or radiation. I doubt that I can even tolerate the surgery, due to the CRPS/ RSD possibly spreading and getting worse.

-
I totally understand that, Rumi. I don't know how I would survive chemo if I ever get cancer.

Will be praying for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumigirl:

And I am like the princess and the pea, super-sensitive. There is no way I will be doing chemo or radiation. I doubt that I can even tolerate the surgery, due to the CRPS/ RSD possibly spreading and getting worse.

-
I totally understand that, Rumi. I don't know how I would survive chemo if I ever get cancer.

Will be praying for you!

Oh, my Lord! Thank you, Lymetoo. The breast surgeon said I am not even a candidate for lumpectomy, as the tumor is largish, and there are other areas of suspicion. She said that I needed a mastectomy!!!

Lord have mercy! That would almost certainly spread the CRPS pain to a new area. Plus, she wants to do Sentinel Node Removal, have the pathologists look at it while I would be in surgery, and take ALL

of the axillary (arm pit) nodes, if they were cancerous. The chance of lymphedema, is extremely concerning, too. The CRPS pain, plus other pain, that I already have is barely survivable as it is! Much

worse, and I am not sure that I would be willing to go on. They have not yet made meds for this kind of horrific nerve pain.

They recommended that I join a clinical trial that they are doing that includes 4 months of 2 investigational meds, then the surgery. Some of the possible side-effects of the meds REQUIRE high dose steroids!! They say that they don't really see these side-effects, but

also pooh poohed the concern for me about taking steroids. And the study meds are supposed to be way better than doing the chemo.

I have been teaching people for 40 years how to get rid of cancer naturally. But my situation right now is NOT good, due to all of the above, esp my being not able to do everything that I once could in terms of all the natural stuff---from being compromised by TBD"s + CRPS.

Oh, Lordy! I do need divine intervention. But I also have hard choices to make.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by TX Lyme Mom:
RumiGirl,
You will want to start with the BCCTT Yahoo forum because the moderator of that group, who is also the author of The Iodine Crisis, is phenomenal.

Members of that group often opt for surgery, but many of them refuse having their lymph nodes excised. Some of them opt for various forms of chemo, but most of them refuse radiation. They really do their homework, and they discuss the pros and cons of all options with objectivity.

They support one another's choices, whether mainstream all the way, alternative all the way or a combo of various aspects of mainstream plus alternative options. Participation in this group is a very empowering experience.

I joined because our daughter had a suspicious breast lump, which turned out to be benign, but I stayed in the group because there was so much to learn and also just in case her lump (fibroadenoma) didn't respond to Iodine Therapy. I developed a lot of respect for Lynne Farrow, the group moderator and author of the book (link in my post, above).

Thank you so much. I will go to that forum. I knew about the iodine info and used to do it years ago. But it's gotten harder to get the Lugol's, etc.! I will order it, plus one of the books. I was concerned about needing extra selenium first, so will need to order that. I don't have anyone to monitor that now.

What would I do without you guys??!! I should have made this a separate thread on Medical, but anyway . . .

Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear, Ann-Ohio and Rumigirl

Rumigirl, how are you now? I sent a prayer for you - you have been through so much - I am so sorry

Can't help much, as I am getting education from you'all on this - I had no idea cancer and Lyme go together but it makes sense with an overtaxed immune system for years and years

I hope you can find peace with your decision/choice of treatment and it will be successful much sooner than you think

[group hug]

--------------------
Persistence, persistence, persistence!!!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
attributed to Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Thank you, Harmony! It's truly unbelievable. So far, I don't feel that I can do any of the things that the oncologist and breast surgeon have recommended. I am looking at doing it all with all of the natural

methods that I know and can manage. And I will be screened frequently to see how it's doing. That's not my final decision, as I'm supposed to have yet another mammogram Thusday to check where

they couldn't see enough on the previous imaging. But the side effects of everything that they are recommending----which isn't even chemo or radiation yet----would be devastating. So . .

We'll see. Thank you again. Every little bit of prayer and caring helps.

Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a very serious situation and this little tidbit of info may not be relevant,

but just in case it could help you

Henry Bieler is supposed to have cured people from tumors with his food prescriptions

I did not like the book for the fact that he never really gives you much to work with, since he says, he needs to see you to prescribe the correct foods, as far as I understand

but the book is small and may provide *some*helpful information

he provides a recipe that feels very good to me - it is all greens and you probably don't want to do that in excess either

here is the recipe: Celery, zucchini, green beans, parsley - boil slightly and eat with broth you cooked it in - I blend it

the book is called "Food is your best medicine" and it is very old

I don't know if it may be helpful in your case, since you are studying alternative methods for cancer cure

many say that this is very possible, so don't lose heart

you say that you have been teaching people about it, so you must know a lot about it already

sorry I can't help anymore

--------------------

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Thank you, Harmony. Yes, his work has been around a long time. Yes, I do know a lot. I just know that I can't take anything for granted in terms of results. But faith and prayer, along with a lot of specific

treatment that I will do (natural + abx) will be my full time job. So far, I've been spending A LOT of time on all the endless testing & dr visits & research. Plus, upping my detox a lot and changing my already good diet. More to add as I can.

Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

let us know how it goes, when you have time and energy to post

maybe others can help more with specific information or ideas for support

I am sure everyone's thoughts are with you

--------------------

Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for all your troubles, Rumigirl.

The first thing I thought of when I read this though was that one of the only really successful Lyme killing drugs is Mitomycin C, which is sometimes used for more advanced breast cancer.

It seems to me sometimes cancer treatment clears Lyme.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement