LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What % of your wicked symptom complex was fixed with successful lyme/co treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What % of your wicked symptom complex was fixed with successful lyme/co treatment?
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What % of your disabling symptoms that brought you down were fixed with your successful lyme treatment?

In other words, for each of you, how much of what was making you miserable and disabled is ultimately not the direct or indirect result of the presence of borrelia bacteria in your body?

The remainder could be due to other insidious sub-clinical infectious disease process (known or yet-to-be-discovered), other vague disease (chronic fatigue, and it's plethora of causes not related to the above), or real, true full-on traditional medical issue (diagnosed or not).

>>Person A feels like hellishly-ill. Person A dismissed by PCP with psychosomatic illness after years of normal workups. Person A reaserches Lyme, and orders his/her own lyme test. Person A has lyme. Person A goes to LLMD doctor, and does a year of combitorial ABX therapy and eradicates the spirochetes from his/her system.

Person A then feels ___________???? Maybe Person A's lyme was part of the reason he/she felt like slop, but was it everything?

So, do you make treatment of tick-borne diseases the panacea? The end-all-be-all of your problems? Do you keep going through the motions of treatment courses regardless of results, or at some point to you accept the progress of successful treatment, and recognize there may be more to the problem?

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt 100% once I completed my treatment. In fact, I felt 100% for 5 months before I completed my treatment. All of my symptoms were gone.

However, winter was coming on and my lyme doc won't let any patient stop treatment in winter. Winter is a stress on the body and could cause a relapse.

So, I had to continue taking antibiotics until spring.

I am still 100% rid of my horrible symptoms. I have the same life I had before lyme disease. I have the same brain I had before lyme disease. Praise God! It has been over 10 years now since I completed my treatment for lyme, babs, and bart.

I estimate that I had lyme and coinfections for at least 10 years before I was diagnosed. Still, I completely recovered. I thank God for this every single day.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any other infection that I know of. All my symptoms are Lyme symptoms. I literally have had to experience whether something works, even in the 25 years before I found out I had Lyme. For example, I just posted in General Support yesterday about having lived on flower pollen successfully to treat the growing fatigue I had.

My sense is that we can treat symptoms whether we know or not what they all come from, since a lot of the other infections will not test positive either. For that reason, I think it could drive us bananas to ask what it is we've got.

More useful, I think, is to discover what works to take down YOUR symptoms. If you can get a positive test, great, that helps.

But if you don't, try remedies to see what makes you feel better. I have a l-o-o-o-o-n-n-g list of those, and I'm grateful for them!

And for anyone who has a difficult time detoxing, there are tests that we can do to show compromised ability to handle mold, or methylation.

The 23andme test is very helpful for showing which enzyme pathways could be compromised, then follow up with a doctor who knows how to treat.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reply, TF. Your story is encouraging.

Robin123: thanks for suggestions. I've done the 23andme tests, as well as just about every test possible. All that's left is food allergy stuff (both IgE and IgG), and some other misc tests, one of which I should probably just spring for and do.

The one useful thing I learned from the 23andme is that I should be taking folinic acid (not folic acid), and also probably 5-MTHF. I should also be taking B12, but it is unclear what kind at this point. I won't go on a side-rant about the genetic polymorphism stuff, but some of the "information" out there about some of the stuff is every bit as bad and unsubstantiated as the IDSA guidelines are bad for lyme.

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement