LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? August 21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY? August 21
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good afternoon, everyone!!! Hope you are all doing OK today.

[Smile]

We had a nice evening last night. The wedding went very well and my husband played piano music during their meal and then he and his friends played Dixieland music for the reception.

It turned out really nice and the fragrances and such were not too bad for me. I managed to avoid most of it. I was able to eat some pulled pork from the buffet/catered food.

We are both exhausted today, but we made it. Hubby was in charge of playing the music AND officiating the service today. Our pastor is on vacation and we couldn't find a substitute minister. Everyone was busy.

So hubby read the sermon that our pastor had prepared, and I did the children's sermon. It all went very well and we had plenty of members there, along with quite a few visitors.

We ate lunch today at Red Lobster, so that was a nice treat. Hoping to get some rest and then go to the show tonight.

[hi]

[ 08-21-2016, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pastor Tutu--I can imagine you are tired. Glad you treated yourself to Red Lobster. Yum.

It is perfect weather--sunny, 75, and not humid. I walked 25 minutes.

I also did some weeding in my perennial flower beds.

Talked to my mom who has some noncataract growths in her eye. Will have to have surgery in September to biopsy and rule out cancer. Ugh.

My good friend is coming over this evening to watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. We watched the opening together.

Have a great week!! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Took sukiyaki and ironed shirts to Josh (he's sickly) and picked up a couple gallons of water.

Outside of that planned on watching the closing of the Olympics but missed the last hour and a half because I was on the phone with a friend who's having marital woes.

TuTu-Thanks for starting the thread! Glad you had a good time at the wedding and was able to eat something.

Way to go on the sermons too!

Hiker-Envious of your cooler weather. Still in the 90's down here. Hope you have a good work week.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Forgot my exercises. 3 sets of 12 reps for chin and triceps extensions with 3 lb weights.

For chin doing kiss the skies. Lower teeth over uppers.

Starting out low and slow.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--way to start those reps.

I need to get back to exercising. Still trying to navigate school, home chores and figure out when to put exercise in now that I have had a bit of a "relapse."

Our new school schedule means I am not getting home until 5 and am so exhausted. I should get up earlier and exercise but fear that will make it too hard to teach.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's such a bummer that you have to get home an hour later. In the winter, that will really be yucky.

Good job, AK!!

The weather was so awesome here that I HAD to get out. So I chose shopping since there wasn't much else to do! A lot of the shows are down this week, so not many to pick from.

I bought some new New Balance sneakers. I hope they will be OK for my feet. They are a different style and my body does not like changes when it comes to the feet.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Ran errands, more filing and me and Mom went to the indoor flea market and antique mall. Watered plants and picked up more sequins before it got dark.

Did my exercises while watching the movie Precious.

Hiker-Take it easy til you get things figured out. Think sleep trumps exercise!

TuTu-I see we were both shopping today. I found a decorative pillow for my bed and a frame for some fabric art that my Mom did while in Okinawa. Cost me just a little over $5.00! My kind of shopping!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like a great shopping find! Sadly, I spent way more than that, but these shoes will be worn every day and last up to two years for me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Please pray for my sister-in-law Eve.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Praying for Eve.

Better day legwise at school. Did not need trekking poles. Very tired, so am not walking. Hope to get back to that soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-More shopping for frames, matting and craft paint. Couple more homey projects on my list.

No work or exercise today.

Went and visited friend who's having marital woes and another divorced friend came by. Got there around 6 and left after 12. Whew....I'm wiped out now.

TuTu-That is a whole lot of mileage on those shoes! I bought a pair of crocs that I'd wear as much as I could to work for a couple of years. I sure wore those puppies out!

Praying for Eve too.

Hiker-Get some much deserved rest!

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you for the prayers for Eve .. keep 'em coming.

[group hug]

Went with hubby to nearby city to take his motorcycle for maintenance. Then we went to eat lunch. He was so funny. We sat next to a table of about 8 nurses in scrubs.

He said, "Look, they are all dressed alike. They must be on the same bowling team." They all cracked up!

He reminded me that one time someone told the band that back in the 80's. They all had matching "golf" shirts with their logo on the back.

Went to PT this morning.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for eve.

Sorry tutu.

I had one day when i got a whole bunch done. But the next day i could barely walk. Not much better today

Today they changed knee surgery from mid oct to end of oct and i am happy about that

Too much to do for slow poke me

Im not sure if i posted i hired organizer to come sept 1 for four hours. That snapped me out if funk and i did alot but now slow again. I realized theres no way i can finish siding this fall because of what i have to pay for help for surgery

I sent my grand daughter a little bowling set as a thankyou gift for helping mom and dad with new baby. I hope she likes it. I wanted her to have something before babys monster bag of diapers arrives

Etta begged for food all day yesterday. I kept giving her a teaspoon of kibble...but it went on til 11pm. Today she isnt her normal feisty self. Just lying around.

In an hour it will start to cool down and i can take her on long leash while i dead head butterfly bushes from wc. If the wind blows she will chase leaves. One if her fav things to do

The lawn is full of brown dry leaves from the drought. But at least ticks are deep underground

Hiker...hope you find strength you need to get thru

Ak...glad you are having a little fun

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt realize midwest was having storms. Be safe

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-OMG! Oh no! I thought it was Thursday all day. And I thought I was having a good day.

Shopped around a little. Bought a couple of faded looking denim longer capris for only $6.47 a pair at Sam's. Looked at Lowe's for shelving ideas and that's about it.

Did my triceps and chin exercises.

TuTu-Sounds like you had fun today. Yay! Laughed when I read about the band 'uniform'.

Kayak-Glad you have an organizer coming to lend a hand.

And what a great idea getting the bowling set for your granddaughter.

Poor little Etta! Did she have a tummy ache?

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

still dragging. Found out how to get absentee ballot since i will be in hodpital election day. Not sure if voting matters this year. Pretty disgusted. Maybe some local races will be important

I think im officially depressed and ready to admit it. Eve rt ything is so hard and it as so hot as nd humid

Maybe i ll snap out of it when weather changes. Nites are getting cooler

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

I am so busy at work and still cannot figure out how to fit my walking in.

Managed to do most of my grocery shopping after work today. Will finish up the produce tomorrow or Saturday.

Gave out my first detention today. I usually nail "em at the beginning of the school year and find it cuts down on problems later.

Need to find some time to trim all my bushes, but supposed to rain all weekend.

But, tomorrow is Friday. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I think the heat is bothering etta. Her hair is not long either. On mold sites they talk about how many pets die from mold so they are vulnerable. Some ppl give the pets binders like clay and charcoal but i dont understand dosing enough yet to start her on it

The storms look pretty bad. Hope everyone is ok.

I did tons of laundry because i got attacked by the toxin that was in the lift chair and those sundresses. I had thrown the dresses in the yard for a month...hanging on a shepards hook. I tried to put them in trash and got it on me again. Got it on etta.

So had to wash her an]d all the stuff i touched. A lot of bedding.

Also sold one pair of sneakers.

And yard guy came to finish two new flower beds. Ive been into wild flowers lately and wanted a place to grow them before i spread them around. (theyre cheap!)

He had some time left over so he transplanted 3 bunches of grass and two little shrubs. I think i ll post a pic on fb

I think it looks good...the grass is my privacy fence

So im a little more upbeat today

Im very late returning 2 packets to new docs for appts next week so must do that tonight

Hope you guys all stay safe. Im going out for take out from our local "wild willeys" its a fancy hamburg place with organic beef and bison. They have good chic too

Im wa y too tired to cook and yhen do those forms.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Don't worry, AK .. I thought today was Friday and I went to a morning show. Then when I got out, I forgot to go to exercise. I realized it in time to get there, but I would have been 20 min late. The nurses take BP's at the beginning and I didn't want to be a nuisance.

I had been wanting to see this show for several months and I finally got there. Hardly any audience members, but a great show. (brand new show)

I wanted to see the guy who went to my high school. He's on my Facebook, but we hadn't met. It was nice talking to him. His son is in the show too and they are both very good.

They did mostly classic country, like Eddie Rabbit, Kenny Rogers, Glen Campbell, etc. The drummer played for Eddie Rabbit for Eddie's entire career.

I hope Etta is OK. Maybe it will be cool there soon. I think we are in our last week of hot weather, and it's not that hot.

No storms here .. they are all east of us.

Hiker .. good move on the detention. Barney Fife says NIP IT IN THE BUD! Just NIP it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

oh... storms are north of us .. and some west of us. Most of it is headed northeast. We may get a little rain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tnursday-Chin and triceps exercises. Then did the indoor flea market again with Mom, her BFF and daughter.

Then went out this evening with said daughter for dinner, drinks and listening to local musicians at a couple of places. Had a good time but as soon as I got home had to shower to get the cigarette smell off. Hope my h1 and h2 inhibitors do their thing and help prevent any reactions to the nicotine.

Hiker-Yay! You made it to Friday!

Kayak-Glad you're feeling a little better. Wild Willy's sounds great! In Cherokee NC this summer I had my first elk burger. Awesome!

TuTu-Always wonderful to see a great show! I remember running into Kenny Rogers when I lived in Athens GA. He was a big deal back then in the 80's.

Well....off to bed. Sure hope I didn't overdo tonight.

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Glad you had a good time last night. Hope you feel fine today.

I am so ready for the weekend. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain all weekend, so my yard work will not get done. Just don't have the energy tonight to start on it.

Hopefully I will get some walks in this weekend between the rain showers. I don't think severe weather is predicted, but enough that I don't want to get out the electric hedge trimmers--zap! LOL

Stopped at my second grocery store this week for a few things--including ground bison. I love to grill it like a burger.

Tomorrow I try out a new hair stylist. Hope she is good, because she charges only $18. I never get a shampoo or have it styled or blown dry. I definitely do not have a fancy haircut as AK can attest to.

Off to rustle up some leftovers for dinner along with a salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ffriday was my moms bday. She passed about 11 yrs ago i think. In spring. I talked to her all day. I hope she is keeping an eye on my brother with mrsa. First week in sept makes six months since first surgery. He texted today wound doc determined he was allergic to iv abx based on problems with eyes. Doesnt sound right to me but im so far away and even if i was close not sure what i could do

This is the first time he sounded depressed. Doing the iv has been really hard. Surgery is on shoulder and cath into heart he said...does that make sense? At any rate he cant do it alone. The new medicine has yo be done 2x a day and takes hour and 15 min to go in. He and his wife are raising 30 yo autistic daughter who requires a lot of care so it has been hard on them. Hes alwsys so upbeat...very sad but understandable to hear him down

I did almost all the paperwork for endos next thurs and pulmonary appt the following week. I liked the questions on pulmonary form...gives me hope he has a brain. Endos nurse also was good to talk to. We changed my anesthsia drug to one i do well with

My reward was watering all flowers and trees in front yard.

Then tonite i decided to have another half price sale of my 13 craigslist items for ppl who come 10-2. Then im running awsy to beach because wind will be off ocean

All items are small and will fit in carport...so shade...not too much lifting and and only 4 hrs!

Im glad the storms didnt bother you guys. The news is so alarmist now...ggets me all in a tizzy. I think my daughter has been in ca and will be going to tx and home to start new job in dc around sept 1st. Best i dont really know where they are most of the time

Hope you have a very restful weekend hiker! Im thinking you might need the rest more than the yard work

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-I survived going out but have been stuffed up and my face is puffy. Darn nicotine and possibly alcohol too!

One load of laundry, dishes and watered the lawn. That's it for exercise.

Hiker-Be careful with those clippers! Oh, good luck with the new stylist. Hey, at least you have hair. Mine is even shorter on the sides. Letting the top grow out and trying something new with the sides.

Kayak-I see we were both outside watering today. And your poor brother! I hope he'll be OK.

Gosh guys, it's 2:11! I've got to get some sleep.

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I couldn't sleep til 4 a m again. That seems to be my magic number

I got up at 8. Was ready for sale at 10:02. Steady stream of ppl but no sales

Ive been sitting in ac on heat pad most of time. I have been off loading pavers...a few a day and its hurting my back. 16 total. 3 to go i think

Im gonna go out soon and wipe down tables and totes so it will be easy yo pack up.

Im looking forward to going to beach and napping while seabreeze comes into truck

Ak i havent been able to tolerate cig smoke for many yrs. Many smells really bother me...hair gel. Soap. Perfume.

And now mold. And whatever The toxin is on the sundresses that burns

Oops...ppl here. Bye!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Hope you enjoy the beach. Sounds heavenly.

Ak--I find I just can't tolerate much alcohol at all. I only drink it when a certain friend comes over or when I have a glass of wine with my parents.

Too wet today to trim the bushes. I did go for a 25 minute walk but needed the trekking poles. Maybe next weekend I can trim the bushes.

I just can't figure out why after hardly using them at work last year and not using them much at all this summer that my body needs them. Feels like a total relapse and really has me down. [shake]

The one difference is that I have not been seeing the energy healer. Maybe I should go back. I am tired of being tired and not feeling well and I know I can say this to you all, because you all understand.

I did get my hair cut this morning. New stylist went beserk with my bangs and they are way too short. I think she will work out in the long run, though. I have a cowlick and she kept trying to work around that and got scissor happy.

Turns out I had her daughter in class years ago and her ex-husband dates my next door neighbor. Small world.

The stylist is going to retire in a year or two, so I will be looking again soon. She works out of a retirement center and I fit right in with my walking stick this morning. It is close to my house and to work which is nice. And only $18 plus tip!

Am doing some cooking to pack the fridge and freezer with meals for the week.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

I have been off loading pavers...a few a day and its hurting my back. 16 total. 3 to go i think

-
[shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

well, hiker .. at least hair GROWS!! Sorry to hear about the walking. I hope it gets better soon. [Frown]

AK .. no alcohol for me. I gave it up in college because it would make me ill. I would drink wine occasionally over the years, but it always made me feel worse.

Had a busy day today. Whew .. briefly .. I went to the nearby city with hubby so he could pick up his motorcycle. We ate out for lunch, then I ran errands. I'm pooped!

Will get to see a benefit show tomorrow. Should be awesome! It's a benefit for flood victims in Louisiana. Convoy of Hope is one of the sponsors. They are a wonderful charity that helps during disasters.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Well, the sun came out and so I did get out the hedge trimmers and trimmed the bushes. The forsythia was trying to bloom again as was the spirea, but I hacked them back.

I still have a lot of yard to do with weeding etc, but maybe with a 3 day weekend next weekend I can get more done.

Very humid, but it felt so good to get outside and work. Like, Tutu, I am pooped.

Yep, Lymetoo, my hair will grow. Too bad picture day at school is Monday--LOL. That pic becomes my id and I also get a packet of pictures like the kids do which I send to friend and family at Christmas. The haircut is fine except for the short bangs.

The other odd thing about my new hair stylist is she gave me a hug at the end, saying "we give hugs here." I found that odd and I felt uncomfortable, but I will just assume she means well.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Whew, spray painted 2 frames and a matting. One frame was custom made and hard to take apart and put back together. Finally framed my Mom's fabric artwork. Yay!

Also the used half moon bookcase that I bought for $20 got a major face lift today. I use it as a night stand and did some texturizing with white exterior paint. Then used my dragonfly and paisley stamps with half black half gray paint. It looks so cute now.

Kayak-I'm having more and more issues with chemicals and foods. I run an ionizer all the time. Have issues with mold too. Didn't know some places still allow smoking! I enjoyed the company just not the environment.

Hiker-Ever since I fainted in November I don't drink, just once in a blue moon.

Funny that you have cowlicks. I've got two myself and don't even bother anymore trying to get them to lay flat. Glad your new stylist is going to work out.

TuTu-I remember when I first got really sick I was having a terrible reaction to alcohol. I'd turn all red and sweat would just start pouring off of me. My neurologist at the time was sure I had porphyria. Had a 24 hour urine test that came back negative but Keebler mentioned other tests that are more definitive.

If it's not one thing it's another!

Have fun at the show!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement