LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Power outage this AM, affected most of Las Vegas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Power outage this AM, affected most of Las Vegas
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Well it was an interesting early AM today between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. woke up and took a restroom break,and took doggy out. No power, at least it came back on... we don't have an explanation yet.

It was quite interesting,and seems to have effected most of LV.Pup dog is oldernow,and doesn't see as well,so he was a bit unsure. TrekC's C-PAP machine quite during the outage too.It seems to be okay now tho'.

Hope this doesn't keep happening around here... will try to update when we find out what was up.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jus' Silverwolfi here,

Still no info', next town over from us,had power outages late lastnight,evidently.

Supposedly some equipment failure? Nothing on Vegas area as yet tho'...maybe on the news tonight???

It'll be interesting to see what's up...

Still jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness! Glad it is back on and didn't cause any extreme problems!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Tinny >>>>>,

It was sort of odd, no serious storms, it was fairly calm,so far no reason given.

It is getting chilly for Vegas area, it's not usually much under 50 degrees until January around here, it was 43 degrees this a.m.

That's cold when one is used to 100+ for weeks on end.

Summer of 2013, we had a power outage for 3 full days.That was bad, but at least they had fire and rescue folk checking house to house. There was something like 118 lightening strikes, summer storm in the heat.

Transformers were exploding like popcorn in the microwave to long.That was some storm.

Hopefully they can get the problem solved before the real cold snap,so this wont keep happening.But, a couple hours is better than 3 full days.

We were hoping they'd mention something on news, haven't seen any thing yet?!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it's all OK very soon....and stays that way.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

No outage this AM,so we breathed a sigh of relief, it was just unusual to say the least.

We'll see how things go over the next few weeks, if it happens again, we may have to save up for a small generator if possible.

Can't have TrekC' going w/o his C-PAP machine, that just wont do. He sees his PCP early this next week,for follow up with the heart matter.

His breathing and oxygenation needs to stay up. he gets tired more easily and doesn't like it one little bit.

Thanks for the reply [Smile] .

Oh, one of the Local stations has been doing Emoji reports with the weather... the last couple of nights the lows for Las Vegas have been
... :0... [I checked our graemlins, we don't have the huge eyes with open mouth]... funny any how!!!

Jus' that Silverwolfi that loves our LymeNet family here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it has cooled off .. I suppose! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

LOL, I guess it has to cool off, for Thanksgiving, Christmas,and New Years to come and go!

I never tho't I'd be so acclimatized in a few years, that I am cold if it is under 77 degrees indoors or out.

When one is used to it being between 98F*-108F* for weeks,or months at a time, 40 something degrees feels very cold indeed.

Holiday time cheers me up usually, even if it is too chilly.

I'll check back later ...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hate the heat. I don't know how you take it. That's one thing I don't miss about Texas....the only thing.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver said... "When one is used to it being between 98F*-108F* for weeks,or months at a time, 40 something degrees feels very cold indeed."

You got that right! No one feels sorry for me (boo hoo) when I'd spend time in the south and they were having a snow storm up north and I was whining about it being 55 degrees where I was.

Pigs they are, just plain old pigs. They just don't understand. HA!

Like you Silver, I've been through the months of non stop 95- 110 heat index too with the humidity so bad my clothes wouldn't dry for three days after taking them out of the washer. And top that off with no air conditioning. HOT!

Then when it drops 50 degrees, it is COLD!

You are 100% right!

Please give my best to Tx. And hugs for you dear.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo and Tinny' >>>>>,

The longer I fight the Lyme-Borellia and Co's the more I don't like weather extremes.
Changes in the Barometric pressure do bad things to my sinuses.

I was born in Oregon, raised in Washington State,and Oregon in summers,most Holidays too.

Lived in Louisiana for the first almost 7 years of marriage, then Oregon again, then Idaho,from 1989-2012, and Now LVNV Since the last of Oct. 2012 to now.

Ive' been thru weather of well over 100 degrees,often sustained for weeks in every state I've lived in. And we've lived thru -below Zero- in each state.

Sometimes I wonder if odd record breaking weather follows TxC/TrekC' and me.

And sadly Las Vegas does have humid, rainy seasons. Then it gets so dry, the static electricity gets everyone.

Power outages are never fun in weather extremes, very hot,or very cold. Neither are Tornadoes, which I have seen in Seattle Tacoma area, Louisiana, and Idaho,

... Idaho was the first incidence of Twisted-Sister Tornadoes, I ever saw. An experience I prefer/hope/pray -Never- to repeat,ever!

We've been thru Hurricanes,and Tropical storms, floods especially in Louisiana, Idaho and here in Vegas [well there was a bad one in Seattle when I was in highschool too]. And also earthquakes,in Washington,Idaho, and Nevada.

Sadly forest-fires, and wild fires,in Oregon, Washington,Idaho,and Nevada. Pantehrs/cougars, move differently after some of these events, and that can be scary too.

God has protected us thru a lot of natural dangers/ catastrophes. I didn't get caught in the ST.Helens eruptions,but we saw some beautiful sunsets from it while still in Louisiana. My folks couldn't drive the the ash in Seattle,with out air hosing the engine.

When I think back,I think we were blessed, by Creators Loving-kindness and Mercy. That being said, still don't like temperature extremes.

The coldest it has gotten here in LV Nevada,since we came here ,was low 20's. Thankfully that doesn't usually last long. I've been in *minus 30* something, during a 'Siberean Express' in Idaho,and then in Summer 116 degrees.

If it is cold with any humidity,the temp seems to feel 20 degrees colder than the thermometer reading. Sometimes you can't get warm

In extreme Humidity and high heat,Like Tinny says, clothing wont dry, and your hair feels like wet seaweed[well that's how mine felt]. 110-118 F. and pouring rain,is just a gross feeling,especially without AC.

Id like a lovely temperate 82* F all year long, thank you Please... LOL !!!

I don't care for the extremes,but what's a Wolfi to do???

Oh,and now last night,there is some sort of 'Adminstrative message' running on a local channel for most of Southern Nevada. But they never give an actual message. It goes thru tomorrow night... makes me wonder if something else is up... one never knows?!?

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Oh dear,forgetful Wolfi here...

Thanks for the Hugs <<<<< Tinny >>>>> and right back atcha... [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] .

Jus'that Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement