LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » WEE...LL, TrekCoord Has Had a Follow-under w/VA on His Heart Issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WEE...LL, TrekCoord Has Had a Follow-under w/VA on His Heart Issue
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

It seems that the VA is at it again... 'Oh no Mr. TrekCoord, the Cardiologists at the Hospital didn't tell you right...[uh huh... none of the three of them who all gave the same DX at first...].

... You did not have Unstable Angina [or possible Acute Coronary, as all three Cardio Docs were concerned about], you have an "Unspecified Atypical Heart Condition"..." says a non-Cardiologist Doc' subbing for TrekC's PCP.

Yeah...uh huh...rrriiiighhhttt...because when they finally admit what on earth is going on, they will have to give my Husband 100% VA disability, because of Agent Orange exposure and other herbicides too.

They are being cheap,low down,and dishonest,to too many of our Veterans,who are dying daily because of the lack of proper treatment.

And we are in contact with a Congressional Representative, for a good while now. It is getting ridiculous...it really is...

The whole disability question was to have been decided in 2013, well they decided to conveniently change Judges [a federal Judge mind you].

The Judge retired,and they conveniently forgot to tell anyone anything for A YEAR... that there was going to be a change. And in Novemeber of 2016, w/ Thanksgiving the day after tomorrow. We don't know anymore than we did.

Yes, we've known for years that part of TrekC's heart is enlarged, ,yeah we've known about the Lipodemia for years, and no 'statin drugs are not the answer.

Sorry...had to vent this out... seems the VA hierarchy love to discourage the Veterans and their loved ones ,especially near the Holidays.

I'll just say, we are not surprised..Angry YES,... surprised No[ since this sort of thing has happened over and over to us,and to others we know].

Okay, back to your usual day, and Thank You if you read thru this rant...

Just trying to Breathe deep and give this to our Creator.

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm PRAYING that hope is on the horizon. They have to own up to the fact that he is disabled. I think that day is coming soon.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

It will soon be seven years since we began fighting for his VA Disability. It is disturbing that it is taking so long, but we keep on giving it to the Lord.

We are not giving up, just hoping and praying it is settled soonest. Too many of our Veterans die without the Disability being settled.

Thanks for the prayer agreement, for hope and hugs,and for this to be settled soon!!

Jus' Silverwolfi and TrekC' too

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep working on a proper diagnosis. This could be the key.

Love and hugs to each of you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH!!!!

Would it help if I contacted your rep in Congress? Just say the word. They need to get this straightened out! NOW!

Sorry for all the frustration you are both going thru. It shouldn't be like this.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, now I'm MAD. How about I contact the President-elect? You know I will. Just say the word.

UGH!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lymetoo,and Tinny >>>>>,

Thanks for your kind words and concern, we need the encouragement right now.

We are in touch with our Congressional Rep's Liaison, often their hands are tied just like ours.

Since this has started, we've had folk trained to help with info' and records,and one fella had many of TrekC's records show up,and then literally disappear in front of him.

Then part of the records reappeared, this is common sadly. Please understand, we were in a building,and literally had to go thru security protocols to go up to records keeping and retrieval.

That was one of many incidents, paperwork routinely disappears,to the point where a friend of ours here,copies everything in triplicate and waits for the 'We can't find that information...' routine.

It is a problem in all of the VA not just Las Vegas, Salt Lake, or Arizona's VA. I have gone with TrekC' while he had tests run,in front of me. The Drs. say,'oh yes, you have neuropathy in your feet ,legs hands'... etc. consistent with XYZ.

The reports may come back w/o even evidence of the test being done,or a totally different Diagnoses than what we were told. Sometimes the reports never get filed.

A dear friend of ours, with serious issues from herbicide,AO exposure died awhile back, he still didn't have his full disability settled. he was an encouragement to all of us, and literally fought to the last to get his disability.

And encouraged us, and many other folk who TrekC, served with to keep fighting for their Just and Due Disability Compensation.

TrekC' is going to double check on what he read about heart issues and Agent Orange,and the compensation.

He has to have a test run today,as they have stopped a medicine he has to have,that should not be ,just stopped suddenly.

They can't give it without getting certain levels tested, and the heart issue,that they are so reluctant to properly DX, has thrown a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

The heart issue,and the lack of meds' at the proper time is very wearing on him. It is affecting his memory, his sleep, everything.

I thank the Lord every time he wakes up in the morning. And have to keep giving my concerns to God,each time he must go somewhere, especially when I can't go ,and help.

As can be understood,I don't get out real often having battled a serious UTI since Dec.2015, which as since tried to get in to my chest.

There is a lot of stress, of course,and add in managing an estate[My dads], where the former tenant/relative has hidden billing accounts, by not using full proper name of the deceased. We just found this out.

Lots of stuff, so everyday, TrekC' wakes up,and I wake up,we have to just keep breathing a prayer of thanks that we are alive and conscious.

So many things going on,yeah there is more, like yesterday after his appointment, as he was checking out, they tried to tell him,...

'You're not supposed to be here, you didn't have an appointment... it wasn't showing on the computer... these types of things are becoming more and more common.

Thing is, they called him Sunday with the reminder for Yesterdays appointment,time and so on. We've also had them cancel appointments by phone call,and then complain at Him for not keeping the appointment.

Gotta stop for now... lest steam be rising from this Wolfi's ears...

Hopefully TrekC' can get a minute to tell y'all more later on.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Giving thanks that you and your hubby are persistent. Praying that your husband can get his disability soon.

Hang tough and keeping looking up!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all. This has been a battle we have fought for almost 7 years and it feels sometimes like I'm just banging my head on a brick wall.

"No you can't claim that illness because you diabetes hadn't been dx'd yet."

"No you can't claim that illness because there were no signs or symptoms until after the diabetes was dx'd.

To my simplistic mind it's like, "Look ya'll, pick one story and stick to it."

But Silver and I just keep hangin' in and hangin' on.

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< Hiker',and My TrekC' love >>>>>,

Thanks for tho'ts and prayers for us Hiker'!

TrekC'and i were just talking about his supposedly Non-existant heart condition.

This is how trek' is describing what the Sub-PCP type Doc' said :

'... Mr. TrekC' there is nothing wrong with your heart except the left bundle branch blockage [which ahem,last time was a right bundle branch blockage], nothing showed up on your test...'.

Never mind that the other Docs in ER said it is Unstable Angina. Oh know, why there's nothing wrong with your heart... yeah uh huh...nothing to see here move along.

That's why Doc.W, a Cardiologist at the ER,was staring at the tape,and back at TrekC'...and back at the tape...with that OMG,aren't you in pain,

'...this looks like a heart attack, glad you mentioned the bundle branch issue, Mr. TrekC' you are having unstable Angina." and other Cardio' Docs agreed.

This is typical at the VA, like his Diabetic issues, mentioned above. I think all they care about is spending money , that should be going to our Veterans.

It is a shame, we know decent,honest ,hard working folks at the VAs,it has got to be embarrassing when this kind of stuff is brought to light.

I am just really angry,that this injustice is being done to our Veterans and their families. I hope the coming, New Administration ,will do something to change,this mess,and better thousands of Military/Veterans lives.

TrekC' says listening to the Sub'[for his PCP] Doc' it was like ...cue Charlie Brown...when the adults are speaking...

'... Your tests show nothing wrong... wah wah wah wah...blah blah blah.....'. But you need to go see the Cardilologist,that we told you you didn't need to go see...wah wah wah wah....blah blah blah...'.

' Aarghh...Que Barbaridad [ uhm... How Barabaric]... GooOod Grief'. Reference Charlie Brown.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Tincup
Member # 5829

Try not to let the frustration run your life. Don't waste time thinking about it till absolutely necessary.

And try to get all records when generated. This "lost" garbage is not related just to the VA. It6's all insurances it seems. Adds to their bag of excuses to delay and deny.

And I know that is easy for me to say and nearly impossible to do, but I don't want you all to ruin any precious time you have with each other and with us. (Yes, I'm being selfish.)

Hope you can forget all that and at least have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hugs to you both!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Tinny, and Any/All LymeNet Family following this Topic Thread >>>>>,

Tinny, that's wise and sage advice, Thank You!!!

TrekC' has had to deal with an Estate Matter this AM, and he let me nap. Now we are relaxing and he is having fun prepping our Thanksgiving Duck.

We are going to have a bit of sweet potato/yam, and a friend surprised us with a Nutmeg-ed Butternut Squash soup, and we are also having a Stripetti Spaghetti Squash too yummy.

We also have blueberries,and some low glycemic nut confections. We didn't have Pumpkin this year,altho' that sounds good too.

I do hope everyone is having a good day,with foods that taste good,and go down easily.

We'll go back to the usual business tomorrow,and Tinny, I don't think it is selfish,to want friends and family,and LymeNet IS Family folk,to be around as long as possible.

I think it is loving others kindly and actually quite unselfishly!!! Thanks for the hugs and good tho'ts!!!

Hugs right back to you and to All our LymeFamily !!! [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Jus' that Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement