LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » UPDATE on TrekC's Situation... Good,and Bad News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE on TrekC's Situation... Good,and Bad News
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

TrekC' called me about 45 Min. ago, He got thru the procedure.

They found a problem and need to go back in thru his Femoral Artery tomorrow. They didn't do it tonight, because they found the problem around the backside of his Heart.

The OM Artery is 99% blocked, they don't go around when they are in front part of heart[where they were checking today, but they could see the Artery that was blocked in back of the artery.

Tomorrow, they go the safer way, and go up thru that femoral artery in leg,groin area and will place a stent. How that goes ,will determine when he gets to come home.

It isn't fun, but there is less chance of damage to the heart in the area they have to clear.

A friend will take me up to Hospital tomorrow, I don't know what time the surgery will be. I'll have to work out a ride home, because our dog,will need to go out after a few hours too.

I an relieved TrekC' is okay for the moment, but I am even more angry at the VA.They sent him home,instead of checking what was really wrong.

Seems they debated the best way to avoid saying he had a serious problem. While he was actually having the attack in front of them.

Don't know if he'll be home for Christmas,it depends on how this all goes tomorrow.

This Hospital did very well so far, as compared to the VA's pathetic non treating.

I probably wont have access tomorrow on line, as my laptop isn't cooperating. I'll be taking this one to TrekC' in Hospital.

Jus' Silverwolfi, [Eek!] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Eek!]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jus' Silverwolfi here,

The Graemlins should probably be under the Line: Seems they debated.... while he was actally having an attack in front of them [in the initial Post].

I like having a laptop, but unless TrekC' says to keep it here,I'll take it up to TrekC', mine'll get fixed when it does...since it doesn't even go online right now.

I've gotta rest a bit,and get a few things for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas from

Silverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May you both have a Merry Christmas- wherever you are!

Thanks for the update. Sending my love to you both.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been thinking of you guys and offering you up every time I pray. Thanks for the update, so glad TrekC is getting proper care now for his heart issue. (((HUGS))) for you both [group hug]
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Silver! I'm sure TrekC is going to be fine. That VA makes me boiling mad how they treated him.

Praying for justice too!

[shake]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow .. I found this just before I was ready to sign off for the night.

I am SO ANGRY at the VA. I can't believe how horrible they are!! MAKES ME FURIOUS.

Hang in there, Silver! Thank God you guys were PERSISTENT and kept up the good fight.

God loves you and will see you through.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for all your prayers and concern for me and Silver.

Nurse stopped by and said my stent will be done sometime this afternoon so that's a good thing. She also said that the artery was 90% [not 99 like they said at first] blocked and the cutoff for doing something is 70% so I met the burden for need.

Silver and a friend from church came up and visited for a bit and she has gone home so I will be posting how things are.

Right now I'm feeling good [except for being hungry and disappointed at missing church activities] and just wanting to get this done so we can get on with life.

Thanks again all, and I will be back to let you know how things went.

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So good to hear from you, Trek!! [Smile] Hoping and praying over here. My hubby was pretty PO'd when I told him the story today.

This kind of $#&% has got to CHANGE .. and SOON!!!

I understand about missing Christmas Day at church. I missed Easter Sunday about 2 years ago and I was a VERY unhappy camper! [Big Grin]

Let's hope you feel like a new man once you get out of there.

May God richly bless you and Silver today. We Love You ... and Merry Christmas!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you. I would say God answered our prayers!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas you two!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Trek? Hope your Christmas is going well.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anxious to hear how the stenting procedure went!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Procedure went well. Spent about 12 hours flat on my back [till after midnight] and had breakfast this morning with a visit from P.T. who said I'm good to go. So now I'm waiting on the doctors to visit and send me home!

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That is so wonderful!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND SILVER!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Praise God! Praise God! Every good gift comes from Him! (James 1:17) So happy for you that you did NOT need surgery.

And, I trust that you will receive good heart care from now on!

I believe that those with stents have to take a blood thinner for 1 year following the procedure. Be sure you obey everything, and get used to bruises from the blood thinner.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallelujah! Bet it feels good to be going home on Christmas.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by TF:

And, I trust that you will receive good heart care from now on!

-
Not sure about that... but let's be praying for that one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I've been away at my sisters house loving on my little niece and nephew all weekend and just saw this! Im so relieved to hear that you've received good care.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Christmas with Silver!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< All our LymeNet family >>>>>,

TrekC'. finally got home at 9:00 p.m.[Christmas night] all the pharmacies were closed. So he has to go to VA emergency today,to their pharmacy. [yeah like we trust them...NOT].

Local Hospital has an in house Walgreens,but it was closed last night and today, Monday after a Sunday Christmas.

A friend is driving him over to VA,and staying to bring him HOME! [ they don't trust VA either ].And TrekC' can't drive for several days yet.

TrekC's, wrist angio', went well, and he was joking with the Doctors. The angiogram, and angioplasty [w/ the balloon, and stent], had to go up both Femoral arteries,so he is bruised on both groin leg areas.

He has got some of his color back,instead of being so white sheet pale faced. And when his prescriptions are all filled he will be taking a 'Super Aspirin' twice a day consistant timing, everyday for a year.

Good to have my TrekCoord Bear home. now if I can stop the itchy rash... But I got my honey home so it was a good Christmas.

I think we'll be having our 'Christmas time' after New Years. That's okay, God was/is Merciful, and has answered my hearts cry and the prayers of so many!

Thank You, so very much,<<<<< LymeNet family >>>>> for being a huge huge part of prayers, Support encouragement and Loving us!!!

I'll check in later, as TrekCoord 'fix it man' fixed my broken laptop!

Jus' Silverwolfi the relieved here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear he's home and feeling better.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< WPinVA >>>>>,

He was taken to the VA by a friend who knows the ropes, to do with all sorts of tricks they play.

He is getting some Meds, because everything else is closed. They said go to ER pharmacy, so we'll see. All I can say,is they had best not try to put him back in VA hospital. Period end of discussion... don't know if they would but I do not trust them at all.

Jus Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Well that was interesting! Did a song and dance and they finally brought out 4 - FOUR pills. That is a two day supply!

Oh but they will mail the rest to me. Uh huh. This s a fairly common medication for heart patients yet the pharm at the VA only FOUR pills???!!!

I have a followup with the civilian cardio doc tomorrow at 2 and she has "free" supplies so I might just pick up a few.

Going to be interesting . . .

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Is the civilian cardio doc going to be your heart doc from now on? I assumed he would be.

He will require numerous follow-ups since putting in the stent.

TF
Member # 14183

I hate these stories about how the VA is treating you!!!

Only 4 pills !!!!!

Let us know if you get the rest in the mail and how long that takes.

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< TF >>>>>,

We are hopeful he gets to keep the civilian Cardi' Doctor Duo [ She and He].

And we are curious as well, how long the VA will drag their feet, before getting TrekC's meds to him.

We are going to the Civi'Cardio team tomorrow, they were not amused by: 'We only have 4 pills,and will mail the rest' VA pharmacists either. And they'll be helping us remedy that issue.

Thanks for checking in,and again for all who prayed, sent good tho'ts and so on. We believe y'all have been a huge part in this whole situation, to help get things done,as decently safely and timely a manner as possible.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Member # 14183

I guess they aren't amused since it is of the utmost importance that a person who has a stent take these meds for a year.

You don't need a clot forming around the stent!

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< TF, and Other LymeNet Family Repliers >>>>>,

Yup,exactly right, And we don't need anymore scary surprises! No Clots forming, that is important. And they stressed everyday,same time 2x's a day, w/o missing [his Civi' Docs'].

Thanks for the reply!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God that you finally got the care that you needed and are home!! No thanks to the VA. What is the VA, the Grinch?? Scrouge?? Ridiculous! 4 lousy pills and then wait for the slooow USPS? Crazy.

Thank God for the civilian cardiologist---is it 2 of them? What a sad, sad commentary on how we treat our vets.

Onward and upward into a New Year. You both must be overjoyed at finally getting the right care and at you being home finally.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nice to hear he is home. So sorry about the VA position. Hope to hear better news soon!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Hi All!
Well the visit yesterday was good. And, no, my doc was not very happy with the VA or her hospital for that matter.

The civilian hosp I was at was supposed to give me a short supply of the "don't miss even one dose" to take home but they didn't. Consequently I didn't get Monday morning's med.

When we told her that the VA was going to "mail the rest of the prescription" her face was like Grumpy Cat's!

She gave me about a month's supply and another scrip for the whole year. Yay.

She did tell us that the affected artery was "hanging by a thread" which means it wouldn't have taken much for me to have a massive attack or a stroke. Glad I went in and glad she found it!

Follow up in two months.

Now there is more to the story with our visit. My appt was for 2 and we got there around 130. I finally got in to her around 5.

And we weren't the only ones. Just so happened that one of my roommates from the hospital [we had a good time just chatting in the room] was there yesterday as well and his appt was for 1.

He didn't get seen until about quarter to 5. We don't know what was up, but the next appt I have with them [not blaming the doc as the partner doc was not there - emergency perhaps?] I will call and make sure things are timely.

I don't mind even an hour wait, especially for a specialist, but 3 1/2 hours is just a bit ridiculous.

Doc did look a little harried and was trying to give folk quality time but having to rush to meet everyone's needs.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Glad you got the meds! Sorry about the wait. That is TOO LONG! Hope you don't have to go back too soon.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like they got to you in the knick of time! Thank God!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement