LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Crazy Freakish Bad Windstorm Here in LV NV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crazy Freakish Bad Windstorm Here in LV NV
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

We are having a seriously bad wind storm in the Vegas Valley. Blowing Semi trucks over bad,30,000 customers w/o power,surprised ours is still on.

Had a Drs. appointment, glad we made it out and back, this is scary. Roofing is coming off of some of the neighbors places. Sand, tree limbs and debris flying around, I wonder if the whole state is blowing away now.

This is not good, going to be an interesting night. Tomorrow we'll need to check on the new place, hope it doesn't blow away.

Not going out again tonight, it is unsafe.

Jus' Silverwolfi-ruffled-fur

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new here, and your sign-offs always make me smile.

Stay safe Silverwolfi!

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we had tornadoes. I was driving around downed trees and about 110,000 lost power. really messed up some houses.

missed us jus by streets. close call.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Jory, and randi' >>>>>,

TrekC' and I are staying in, except for a moment, when the back door next door on a home for sale was opened,and realtor couldn't get it shut.

TrekC' ducked in briefly and couldn't get it shut either. They were supposed to come back and try again in a bit.

Randi' having been thru tornadoes, and run from hurricanes when we were in Louisiana, I have to agree it can really mess up things.

I've seen tornadoes in Idaho, and had one pass up the street from us,In Louisiana. I hope y'all don't have anymore.

Jory, I'm glad the sign-offs make you smile! The wind is still kicking up here,and has our little dog upset.

Hope the windstorm slows down soon, it has been gusting.

Jus' Silverwolfi-fur-flyin'

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very scary stuff, Silver!! They had dust storm tornadoes in Midland, TX today. They called them "dustadoes" I think. Something stupid like that!!

I hope you and randi will be safe for the night. It's been rainy and cold here. We thoughT we had spring in the bag .. and today it was 46 and rainy!! BRRR!!

STAY SAFE!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay safe!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo, and Tinny >>>>>,

Definitely weird weather here, this a.m it's only gusting at 30 mph,instead of the 88 mph it was clocked at yesterday/last night.

Hopefully it will calm down soon, I woke up and my eyes are swollen, after going to Dr. appt. in all this mess yesterday.

They didn't get creative w/ storm descriptions here, it was wind storms/ sand storms, with blowing sand, dust, grit, and debris.

Lets see under debris add : blown over semi trucks, SUV's, trampolines, trees, signs, and assorted plastic bottles, bags, and lighter rocks and gravel.

And yesterday, a traffic barrel blew across the highway, while we were going to the Doctor[been waiting most of a month to get back in
so we didn't cancel].

Not going anywhere right now, 'til we see if this calms down. This weather has gotten weird everywhere it seems.

Jus' Silverwolfi swollen eyes, AuWoooOow.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me Silverwolfi updating,

We are still under a wind advisory, until later this afternoon and gusting some,with a few rain showers. Supposed to calm down later on afternoon/evening, And be much nicer tomorrow.

TrekC' went to do a couple of errands we need to get done. He's waiting on a prescription, and has to check some things for weather damage then he can come home.

Hopefully he'll be back here soon, safe and out of the weather.

How is everyone else's weather? Randibear,are y'all staying safe ? These storms are crazy.

Jus' Silverwolfi ruffle-puff

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my friends was in LV last night. He drove there from Phoenix so he could catch a flight here for a funeral. He said it was pretty wild.

It's a good thing he didn't have to fly yesterday!!

It's been cool here... fairly dry today. Warmer tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Hope your friend made it to his destination safely. It was pretty bad, TrekC' checked by the new place on his way home earlier,and it didn't look too bad, so that is a relief!

Hoping things calm down,and we can take more things over,in a day or so. It'll depend on how we are both feeling.

Jus' that Silverwolfi w/'racoon eyes'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting a foot of wet snow in the next 24 hrs. We could lose power and that much makes me concerned for my roof but I think I 'll be ok. Worse when we get it in winter and we know it won't melt soon

Silver it sounds awful what you are going thru. In the last 2 yrs I have become internet friends from a lot of ppl who live out there or tried to

I joined some mold groups at one point and many from the east and south thought mold was caused by humid weather so they moved to desert states for the dry ness

But what they found was some really nasty odd toxins. Idk if anyone knows what they are but some think more chemical and from spills or accidents...maybe military...

Many of the ppl were unable to stay because of those toxins

I also know they had trouble with rashes and its common for children to get the black eye look from exposure

If you want more info I can tell you where these groups are on facebook

I'm glad you're staying in. A few yrs ago we had really high winds and I stayed home instead of going to thanksgiving dinner cuz I just didn't think it was worth the risk. My friends were mad at me but hey...I stayed safe

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps...I still can't post pics on lymenet. Just can't figure it out

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< 'Kayak >>>>>,

Right now my 'mask like effect is from some sort of allergy. Vegas is still cleaning up from this high winds storm system.

About 8 or 10 miles north from us, off the I-15, there is a race track. That area is full of natural asbestos fibers. I wouldn't want to go there in high winds.

There is no telling what else is here, what is odd, is some years back when some of our friends were just kids, there was actual wetlands here in Vegas Valley, ducks and the whole bit. it doesn't seem like it now tho'.

I do hope you don't lose power and that the snows melt soon. We are here in Vegas as we couldn't handle Idaho winters any more.

As to the pic' of my eyes/face in 'Poor Silver' topic by TrekC', he used a link from Facebook. We don't know how to post pic's other than that. And I haven't tried, I am not very tech savvy.

<<<<< 'Kayak >>>>> stay in and stay warm, hoping y'all don't lose power. We were surprised that we didn't lose power yesterday, many folk did.

Jus' Silverwolfi itchy OwoooWooo

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lpkayak,

Use http://imgur.com to upload images and get links to them.

Jory

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Jory >>>>>,

Thanks for putting up that link for 'kayak !

TrekC' and I will look at it later too,and see if it might help us.

It is appreciated, I'm jus' not very Tech-y.
What can ya' expect from a Wolfi girl huh!

Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Glad to help. Hope you're feeling better Silverwolfi! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement