LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » IDSA STILL Doesn't Like You Or Your Doctor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IDSA STILL Doesn't Like You Or Your Doctor
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RETALIATION!

As predicted, it appears they didn't like the new chronic Lyme disease definition.

And they really don't like the internet groups, like this one, and patient advocates, parents of sick children, Lyme treating doctors and other doctors, labs we use and our volunteer organizations.

May I present the IDSA's latest pile of trash. They can't help but keep attacking and attacking the patients they are suppose to be HELPING! Brain damage?

Keep in mind these are CHILDREN'S Infectious Disease doctors doing this. What horrible representatives of what is suppose to be a "professional organization".

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/idsa-panel-review/retaliation-for-new-chronic-lyme-definition

However, in this article it appears they are getting rather mellow in their old age (and horribly monotonous), and/or they can smell all the lawsuits headed their way and they've toned it down a bit.

Thanks to SF for sharing this with us.

[ 06-14-2017, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the article. It says according to IDSA guidelines. My understanding is that only ILADS guidelines are listed with the National Guidelines Clearinghouse? If so, do you have anything more to say about how everyone can use that fact to our advantage?

I can see it coming - Confronting the Misnomer of the Misnomer of Chronic Lyme Disease - points one through gazillion... [dizzy]

An idea for here - make a Hall of Shame list of the main obstructive doctors, A-Z, with a few bullet points listing their conflicts of interest, that anyone can look at here to learn what's going on and be able to talk about it.

[ 06-15-2017, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea Robin, I'd be happy to contribute/shame the four illiterate and insulting ID doctors I saw here in Montreal.

Edit: Yes I'm still mad about what they did to me and the suffering they caused.

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Robin402850,

I saw your post late last night and was hoping to come back today and explain the NGCH info for you.

I am just burned out right now and don't have another ounce of what is needed to try.

Maybe tomorrow?

And the Hall of Shame- good idea... check this partial list out.

https://sites.google.com/site/lymedoctors/not-recommended

To be on there they MUST have said something publicly that is stupid or beyond stupid. It can't just be he/she dumb doc here or there did this and that.

Reason is I can't verify it and I can get sued for not supporting the negative comments.

Plus, if I allowed personal comments on there, my own list would fill up 50 pages!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I wanted to thank you Robin5555888844449999 for helping so many people.

I see you on here late at night sometimes and smile cause I know the members are being helped.

Thank you!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!! I went 25 years in the dark and know how it feels to finally think we're landing somewhere at all, so am happy to help.

Besides, it can get better for us when we know what we're treating. One of the biggest jobs we have is giving people some hope of turn-around.

You too - you have helped probably 1000s of people by now.

We all need each other in this crazy world...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

What I'm thinking about is having simple talking points about the main vocal perpetrators, like the writers of the IDSA guidelines, against Lyme patients that people can read and use to educate the public about what's really going on.

Like, this doctor's conflicts of interest are: (defense for insurance companies, patent holder, etc)

Don't think we need to list all the doctors since we know they're all being instructed to stand down.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Ok, I started two sites years ago for that same purpose, and to preserve the info that would suddenly "disappear" when needed.

It took a lot of time researching and documenting to compile the info. LOTS of time. Exhausting amounts of work actually.

One site was set-up for McStupid's trash.

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/

One was for the other IDSA/CDC idiots.

https://sites.google.com/site/idsaonlyme/home

Both are in big time need of updating. I don't have time, but if anyone wants to do the research, I'll gladly post it on the sites for everyone's use.

We also have charts with patent info, conflicts of interest for each idiot, etc., but that is the older info too that was used for the AG's investigation. It would also require a lot of work to update it.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement