LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? June 17, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? June 17, 2018
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!! It's the first year I didn't have anyone to buy a Father's Day card for. [Frown]

Sure miss my dad and my father in law, too.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am at my parent's. Will celebrate Father's Day this evening with our usual snacks of shrimp, cheese and crackers, nuts etc.

Watered all the outdoor plants this morning. I am sure they will be wilted by tomorrow in this heat.

Have a super week. [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8888 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us going this week TuTu! Congratulations on the 45 years too!

Ditto on Father's Day!

Pelvic floor exercises, one errand and cooking dinner for me, Mom and Josh. Just frying up some ham slices, making corn on the cob, lima beans and baked potatoes. Afterwards Josh and I are probably going to watch a movie.

Hope you enjoy today with your Dad Hiker! The small plate snacks sound delicious!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did go for a very short walk yesterday.

This afternoon, I dusted. It was getting to be dust-bunny heaven on top of the ceiling fan.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked about 30 minutes in the shade today around my parent's retirement home. Such lovely flowers here.

Called an old high school friend of mine who is a massage therapist. She has moved out of state, but recommended some energy healers in my parent's town and put me on her prayer list.

Great to reconnect with this friend. We were in church youth group together. She is retiring soon and may move back here. I would love that. She had the Lyme Bull's Eye rash and got her doxy right away and never got symptoms. Hurrah!

Otherwise a quiet day with my parents. My mom has her MRI at 6:30 A.M. tomorrow. Ugh.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8888 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone!

I drove south about 20 miles to pick up a new T-shirt for a friend. It says "Not Today Satan," which is something she has said numerous times.

I know she will get a kick out of it!

Then I visited a friend who is in our Bible study group. She broke her hip last week .. scary because she's in her mid-90's.

She looks awesome though. She is one tough lady. She lives alone here at the condos. Thankfully, one of our other BS members was downstairs visiting someone when she fell.

She heard the "thump" and decided to check on her. Sure enough, she had fallen! So lucky someone heard her.

Then on the way home, I picked up Mexican food. Yummy .. I pretty much know what I can get away with and when. I've given up grains, but once a week is OK.

Hoping to get some rain soon .. also cooler weather.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pelvic floor exercises then off to the Y for 15 minutes of rowing and 15 on the treadmill. Short sauna then hit the shower. Ran a couple of errands and did one load of laundry.

I've got to do our ceiling fans too L248. Way to go on the walk!

Glad you enjoyed your walk Hiker. Amazing about your friend recommending an energy healer and possibly moving closer to you. Hope you can find a new healer.

Sounds like a whole bunch of little miracles going on in your neck of the woods TuTu! Wish I was there to enjoy some Mexican food with you!

Anyways gang....I'm pooped, so off to bed!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

All my exercises are the same for today. Longer in the sauna which felt wonderful!

I'm getting ready to leave and go to a late afternoon movie with Josh. I don't even need to tell you all what kind of movie it'll be! LOL!!!

It's 2:00 in the afternoon and my Mom is still asleep. I'm worried about her. She didn't sleep at all last night and think she went to bed this morning. Hope she's ok.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Your poor mom--must be really tired. Hope you aren't too scared after that movie that you can't sleep.

Took my mom to MRI. It was at 6:30 A.M. and we were back in an hour.

Drove back to my home and am watching the storm clouds roll in.

Later: Bummer--storm took off a significant branch on my small crab apple in front yard.

More severe weather expected over the next 3 days.

[ 06-19-2018, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. So I must confess. The
Big wig weather guys decided there was no rotation in that pic of funnel clouds I posted yesterday. But there was a confirmed tornado in a field in the mts. No ppl around

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's all the words the phone let me type. I read about tutu s drive and purchase...and a k s mom....hope she feels better soon...and hikers tree...sad.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

But it was good you got the MRI done hiker....hope its nothing serious. I hate head MRI s. I take a vistaril first and try to fall asleep. Keep my eyes closed the whole time

--------------------

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been feeling better lately, so I've been busy.

Yesterday I picked some lettuce from the garden. I've got turnip greens too; the seeds were ten years old, but I kept them in the freezer, and most of them actually sprouted.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--I think the only thing I can harvest from my garden right now is crab grass and few other weeds. LOL

Walked 25 minutes.

Went to Kroger to get organic meat. This time, no snacks jumped into my cart. Often potato chips find their way in.

Am again watching storm clouds roll in this afternoon. May be a while before storms reach me, but they are coming.

lp--MRI was for my mom. Checking to see if her broken sacrum and pelvis are worse.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hmmmm. I wonder why I assumed it was a head MRI.

I'm lying down. My back really hurts. I need my sturdy shoes with orthotics but I'm still in flip flops trying to heal my toes before test on Friday

I just took 4 loaves of gf fruit bread out of oven. They were going to be muffins but I couldn't find muffin pans. Thatbshould be 4 months of breakfast....last night I cooked a bunch of chic breasts....but for now I only have frozen veggies

Cooking was my exercise. I also took trash out and brought 1 can back. Neighbor got the other.

Etta is much better. Napping a lot but killing her toys in between

I gave up growing veggues here. So much pollution all around me. And that woodchuck!

I usually walk around flower beds once a day but I haven't been cuz of my feet.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What did I miss about the feet, LP? Sorry I missed that part. Hope they heal up soon.

Hiker .. keep us posted on your mom.

I went to Bible study today and ran a few errands .. in the rain.

I did 42 minutes on the machine yesterday. Was hoping to do more again tomorrow, but we had to move our church council meeting to tomorrow.

I may be able to exercise if we get out in time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

So far nothing has fallen out at the gym so my pelvic floor exercises must be helping.

Did those and 15 minutes rowing and 15 walking on the treadmill. Lasted a little over 10 minutes in the sauna which was at 180°! Wish I could tolerate it longer because it felt heavenly to my bad shoulder.

Hey L248 thanks for the tip on freezing seeds!

Chocolate mint cookies jumped into my cart yesterday Hiker! Alas....the pack is almost gone. That's why I try not to buy cookies, ever! I have the same issue with potato chips.

That's a whole heap of cooking Kayak! BTW, enjoying your flowers on FB!

Wow TuTu 42 minutes is awesome! I'm trying not to overdo it at the gym because of the pelvic floor issue I have. One of these days I hope I realize I'm not a spring chicken anymore!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lazy day for me.

Rained prettily heavily most of the day and is raining still.

Felt toxic, so just did a few odd chores and read.

I felt super yesterday, so am hoping to get back to that again tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Didn't do much early in the day. Went to an OCC meeting from 6-8pm out of town.

I'm tired from doing nothing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Whew. They postponed my medical test so I decided today I would catch up laundry from 3 wks ago when construction ended. 3 hrs straight and I made a dent but not done. Just washed tote to store winter things in.
Tuckered out. Etta and I are crashed on bed in front of fan. It wasn't really hot or humid but I am dripping. My take on a sauna. I miss my sauna.

I finally got my order from pact an Idk. Smell like fish oil to me and making my tongue tingle. I think I will soak in baking soda. They were expensive and I really need them

I haven't noticed AK on fb or our little text thingy. I hope she and her mom are ok

Really this is a beautiful day. I can't complain. And I think there are chances for rain we need next 2 days...Etta and I had a short walk at beach last night...still in flip flops. I wore a big pair of shoes and fat Sox this morning....ok. But not right. My toes need a few more days to get better I guess

Hope you feel better today hiker

Everyone have a good day!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to dentist this morning. Haven't had a cavity in over 30 years and now I have a tooth that we need to "watch" because it shows a spot, but isn't a cavity, yet. Grr.

Went to 2 grocery stores.

Used my trekking poles to walk 20 minutes.

Now I am feeling very toxic with that heavy legged feeling. I really fear Lyme has come out of remission, because this summer has been awful.

LP--Sounds like you got a lot done.

Very humid here, but only 70, so I opened the windows just to air out the house.

Should be cleaning, but think I will go be a couch potato instead.

AK--Where are you? Are you hiding under the bed after watching too many scary movies with your nephew? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I went for a long walk a couple of days ago, but today I'm feeling tired.

I meant to check out the neighbor's tag sale today, but I never got around to it.

LP- I felt the same way when I went to the dentist last time and they said I had FOUR cavities. But they couldn't even find any plaque to scrap off, so they could test for bacteria.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. hope the toes heal up soon so you can go to the beach!

hiker .. sorry about the teeth... ugh... I bet it's something other than Lyme. Hopefully that is good news, not bad.

I've done nothing today except wash dishes and take a shower. Going to the songwriters show this evening. It's always good.

248 .. I think we all have the blues.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Yesterday I went with Josh to the laundromat to wash some bedding. His sister and Dad are coming June 30th separately for a visit.

Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on an elliptical. Sauna wasn't working so did about 10 minutes in the steam room and then had a quick shower.

Once I got home it was a prepping and cooking afternoon. Made Mom's apple salad, washed grapes, cut up watermelon and cooked and put up some squash.

Now vegging and watching tv.

I finally came out from under the bed! I hope it's not Lyme rearing it's ugly head Hiker! When do you go to the energy healer? Keep us posted!

Envious of those walks on the beach Kayak! Me and Mom are doing good. We're getting ready to go back to Atlanta to see the doctor for her spinal fracture that is still bothering her. I'm hoping they can do something similar that Hiker's Mom had done for her pelvis, cementing the fracture. Hate that she still has pain.

Outside of going with my nephew yesterday, I was dragging butt too L248. My fatigue isn't as bad as it was though.

Hope you enjoy the show TuTu! Getting ready and going out counts as exercise in my book! Remember the days when getting out of bed was a miracle?

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Good to see every one.
Lyme248 I'm not sure if I said hi. I've been on and off with computer problems...hint...its probably my brain but I blame on phone and computer

Good to hear from you a k. Glad moms better from fatigue. Its really good you are there to feed her well

Hope last night was fun tutu

Hiker. Hope you feel better soon too. This is dragging on

So yesterday I did put in full6 hrs of laundry with cleaning and rest in between.

ALMOST done with laundry. I was exhausted and dripping so it is for sure exercise

Today is cool and rainy and I am on my way out to play with flowers. I haven't seen ticks lately...I think cuz we are in near drought and they are down deep. But I will spray lower parts today

My short trip to ocean last night as reward for cleaning was wonderful. I parked at a fab place from past. High on a bluff. And strong seabreeze was incredible. Short walk in shoes was ok...Etta wanted more but I didn't want toes to get worse

That day was more work than my 3 min on treadmill would have been

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Good to see every one.
Lyme248 I'm not sure if I said hi. I've been on and off with computer problems...hint...its probably my brain but I blame on phone and computer

Good to hear from you a k. Glad moms better from fatigue. Its really good you are there to feed her well

Hope last night was fun tutu

Hiker. Hope you feel better soon too. This is dragging on

So yesterday I did put in full6 hrs of laundry with cleaning and rest in between.

ALMOST done with laundry. I was exhausted and dripping so it is for sure exercise

Today is cool and rainy and I am on my way out to play with flowers. I haven't seen ticks lately...I think cuz we are in near drought and they are down deep. But I will spray lower parts today

My short trip to ocean last night as reward for cleaning was wonderful. I parked at a fab place from past. High on a bluff. And strong seabreeze was incredible. Short walk in shoes was ok...Etta wanted more but I didn't want toes to get worse

That day was more work than my 3 min on treadmill would have been

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Beach sounds great!!

Am baking some gluten free blueberries muffins as I type this. Will freeze some.

Spent some time with an old friend. Then teen who mows lawn texted and said mower broke.

Came home and somehow he managed to break the wheel. Totally off and not fixable. I sent him on home as he was going out of town with his dad and had come on short notice to mow.

Trusty lawn repair guy had an old wheel that fit, so he put it on. No tread on it, but it was free and he didn't charge for labor.

So I finished mowing the lawn. First time I have mowed all year. Felt good, but today is a good day and am not needing extra detox meds.

Today is cool again--low 70's. I think if it was hotter, I would not be able to mow as I don't sweat. Although, somehow I managed until about 8 years ago even in the midst of Lyme with a picc line in. Go figure. LOL

Have a good evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement