LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you CAN do today-Dec. 1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you CAN do today-Dec. 1
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come one, come all and tell us about your exercise this week!

Are you putting up Christmas decorations? Walking off that Thanksgiving dinner? Cleaning your house? Doing laundry? Power shopping? Anything and everything counts. [Big Grin]

Intermittent freezing rain, snow, and wind are keeping me inside today.

I rested my shoulder and my legs today except to do one load of laundry.

NLIF--How are you doing?

Lp is gutting her kitchen to get rid of mold and expecting a big snow storm.

AK is still in Japan and texted she is having a blast.

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang!

We had a nice service at church and of course, the church was beautifully decorated for Christmas!

I had a big blessing today! A couple from our church took all of my OCC medicine bottles and they are filling them with quarters. It should total about $200-300 when they bring them back.

(The bottles are there for fund-raising and members take them from time to time and fill them with quarters for us.)

That gives me shopping money for sales. I already have 64 pairs of flip flops I found for 50 cents each over the past few weeks. Trust me, it never ends. LOL.

Hubby and I decided not to go out to eat. I had to clean up after communion (this whole month) so we got out a bit late. If we hit the restaurant after noon, it's a long wait. Too many tourists. They should be gone soon .. hehehee.

We ate and then took a nap. I caught up on the dishes and am watching my Texans on TV. I rarely get to see them play.

Tomorrow I have two PT appointments and an apptm with my PCP. We will be going over bloodwork. I am already on a self-imposed diet. I have a feeling that the bloodwork will be motivating.

See ya!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shoulder and balance exercises today.

Ran errands to get some rice flour and then to post office.

Went to chiropractor. She wants me to get my feet scanned for custom made orthotics. The scan is free, so I will do that, but my shoe problem is usually the size.

I just sent a pair of Merrell's back because arch wasn't comfortable. The last 2 pairs of Merrels have gone back, but my older Merrells were so comfortable and are now wearing out.

Tutu--How was PCP appointment?

[ 12-02-2019, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been doing laundry and putting it in baskets to hang out in the morning. Was planning to hang it out this evening, but it was drizzling a little. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

Was able to get some more sewing done this afternoon. Maybe I can get the sleeve finished that I had to rip out again.

I don't like buying shoes either because its hard to find ones without high arch supports. I prefer a flat shoe. The flat sneakers for summer are my favorites. But they aren't warm enough for winter.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manna, sounds like you and I have similar feet. I like my running shoes but they are mesh. Not good in cold snowy wet winter. Even walking outside in winter when it is dry in my running shoes makes my feet cold.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna, sounds like you and I have similar feet. I like flatter shoes, too, although I do like my running shoes. They are mesh, however. Not good in cold snowy wet winter. Even walking outside in winter when it is dry in my running shoes makes my feet cold.

Manna, what shoes do you wear in winter? Any flat tennis type shoe?

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. The apptm went well. My cholesterol is good .. numbers are all going in the right direction. I really haven't changed my diet any.

He did find that my thyroid is off on the free T4. So he's upping my meds. No wonder I'm so tired AND gaining weight.

I had three appointments today. Two PT's and the PCP appointment.

Later I ran an errand to get some lace for some OCC ornaments I'm making. I got 7 of them done. I have to gather some of the lace tomorrow to finish them. I need to make about 14 of them as thank-you's.

We have Bible study tomorrow morning and I'm leading it .. so I better get off of here! LOL

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my shoulder exercises and then went to balance therapy.

Spent time on the phone dealing with the newspaper. Delivery is poor. Paper was in the street this morning.

I think I am changing internet/phone service so spent time setting that up. Get it installed Friday afternoon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm glad you post about your shoulder exercises, so I don't forget to do mine. I'm really bad about that. Right now I'm still trying to recover from yesterday's PT.

We had Bible study late this morning. Hubby came up to the church to practice his horns, so I waited for him and we went to eat about 2:30.

Got home and then I made a quick run to the store. Heard from terrible father yelling at his kid when they were loading their car.

He was saying he was going to "tear out 8 pages from the front and 8 pages from the back when we get home." So .. was he mad because the kid was reading?

Sounded pretty irrational and abusive. UGH.

Hubby got all my Christmas stuff out of the garage for me, so I guess I have my work cut out for me tonight!!!

LP got snowed in and AK is still in Japan. She's been venturing out for some shopping.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I sound like a broken record. I did my shoulder exercises and my balances exercises.

I went to the podiatrist. My left big toe always hurts. He said the arthritis in it is terrible and I only have 10-15 degrees of flexion when I should have about 65 degrees. He said it would only get worse. Joy. [cussing]

One help might be a full length orthotic with a stabilizer under the toe. But I really don't want to get orthotics right now as it introduces one more variable into the mix. And then I always have to wear the same shoes. At the rate the styles change, I would be buying orthotics all the time.

So, he suggested several brands and styles of shoes that are athletic shoes. I bought a pair of New Balance that he recommended. Unfortunately they are all mesh which is not great for winter. At least he pointed me in the right direction and suggested a shoe store that might have them.

Stopped by the Metronet office as I am switching my internet and phone service to them. They answered all the questions that I had written out. Forgot to ask where the main phone plugs into. Bet it is the modem, since it is wifi operated phone system. They answered all the questions that I had written out. Even told me not to get their TV service as it was not that great and very expensive. They suggested Hulu.

Think I will switch internet first and see if it is fast enough to support streaming. Not sure if my LG 10 year old TV would take a firestick or not.

Decided to order some cordless phones. Don't suppose they are good for the body or brain, but I would like their convenience.

Have a great evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yuck on the arthritic feet club!!

Mine is bad in the toe and in the upper part of the metatarsal area. Ouchy for sure.

Went to PT today (traction) and then came home and took a nap.

Got to get back to my Christmas tree decorating and then the OCC ornaments.

I have cordless phones, but I don't use my landline very much for it to even matter.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Am waiting at chiropractor. Back and knee bothering me again.

Did my shoulder and balance exercises.

Went grocery shopping.

Worked more on Christmas cards.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been busy sewing.

Nice to order thread & other things online instead of running somewhere to buy them. Two places I order from have it delivered in a day or two usually.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to clinic for balance therapy this morning. Worked me very hard but I can see progress.

Ran into physical therapist who worked with me to rehab my shoulder. He told me I can cut down from 6 days a week to 5 for those exercises. So, am taking afternoon off.

Internet installer is here now. Hope I like the new system. Should be faster.

Have celebration of life open house for friend who passed away tonight. She was only 55.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Been spinning my wheels today trying to get new internet company to get my landline problem fixed. They got it resolved after two phone calls and an email. Hurrah.

Went to the library.

Did some cooking and still have some to do.

And... wait for it... did my shoulder and balance exercises. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement