LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? June 14, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? June 14, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy FLAG DAY!!

We are off to a great start!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched our church service via zoom.

Did a load of laundry.

Hoed a few weeds but my shoulders complained.

Luke and Noah came over to do some yard work. Glad they are not too expensive.

Am sitting on back patio with a good book.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us going this week! Didn't realize it was flag day! Didn't put ours up today.

Taking it easy outside of making Sunday dinner. Already made the salad and cube steaks are done, just have to finish them off in the toaster oven. Sauteed veggies and instant potatoes will be easy to make so that'll be our dinner for tonight.

My back is much better thanks to muscle relaxers and pain pills. So I'm ready to take Josh to ATL tomorrow to pick up his car. We're leaving at 10:30 in the morning and hope to get my workout in before we leave. At least that's the plan.

Hiker hope you're enjoying your books! Take it easy on those shoulders!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my knee exercises.

Did a tad of yard work killing weeds with a herbicide. Normally wouldn't use a chemical but easier on my shoulder.

Went to recycling.

Been reading about steroid shots. I know they are not good for Lyme but I have so much pain in my shoulder and knee that I may ask the MD for an injection in the shoulder tomorrow.

Wish I had a friend taking me to the appointment as I hate needles, but with Covid19 my friends would only commit to picking me up and getting my car later. They don't want to be in exam room as rooms are so small.

Waiting for Jim to come mow and then I can haul the garbage to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone!

My friend and her husband came to church with us on Sunday. It's their 1st wedding anniversary today!! They got married in our church, so it was nice that they wanted to come back.

I made kolaches today .. first time ever! Kolaches are a Texas thing. Czech immigrants brought them to Texas many years ago. 1800's, I guess.

So my friend who also lived in Texas for awhile, wanted me to make some. I have apricot and blueberry kolaches today!

I will have to fine tune the recipe, however. I had trouble getting them to rise, but finally got it. Now to find a way to make them gluten free!!

Our 47th wedding anniversary is tomorrow and we will go out to eat somewhere to celebrate. I managed to get my husband to take a pic together in church on Sunday too. [Wink]

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Anniversary, Lymetoo!

Got up early. Did my balance exercises.

Watered my flowers.

Had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. Finally requested a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. Was surprised at how painless it was but more pain now and it has made me hyper.

I know these shots are contraindicated with Lyme but my pain is getting over the top, so am taking a chance. Hope it works.

He and my PT suggested I only do knee exercises without weights for awhile. I go back in a month.

Once a month cleaning lady came. She wore her mask and I sat in the shade on my patio and worked on Bible study and read.

Am back inside now icing my shoulder again. Doctor said to rest today but I can grocery shop tomorrow.

[ 06-16-2020, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary Lymetoo!

Did laundry today - had the lines full twice. Beautiful weather sunny & breezy.

Also pulled weeds in the flowerbed. Filled the trailer twice. Sonny dumped them over the fence for the chickens to pick through.

Need to finish folding the laundry & stack it in a basket for each person to put their own clothing away.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Went grocery shopping

Did my knee exercises but PT and md said to take the ankle weights off. Maybe that will help the pain.

Spent the afternoon reading.

Still supposed to rest shoulder today.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I'm behind in posting! Exercised Monday before heading to ATL. No exercise on Tuesday or today.

Went to the hardware store today and bought 2 car loads of stuff. First load was 12 concrete blocks, another 45 lb bag of river rock and 4 bags of manure and compost.

Second load was 10 more bags of topsoil and 5 bags of garden soil.

Built another 6 foot berm and planted 10 more small monkey grass. Picked up sticks in the yard and used 12 concrete blocks to make some steps into our outdoor shed.

Josh was here to help me unload the second load. After I was done and got cleaned up he treated me and Mom to an Outback takeout dinner. Yum!

Hiker hope the cortisone helps!

Manna that sounds like a lot of laundry!

TuTu, OMG! Happy 47th anniversary!

Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today but took Mom to Ft Benning to get her meds and then we did some shopping at the commissary. Heading to Josh's with dinner and will probably just veg over there and watch a movie.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—what a lot you are getting accomplished in your yard.

I did my balance exercises.

Had Bible study via Zoom. I always enjoy talking with the group women.

Ran a few errands.

I watered my flowers and now I’m sitting on the back porch in the shade. I don’t think I’ll last too long as it’s hot but it’s going to get hotter and more humid tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took daughter to audiologist to get new wires for her hearing aid. Using the loaner until hers comes back.

Cut the tea - filled a wash basket full! Will try selling several bunches at the store. Also decided to make a big batch of tea concentrate. I think I'll try canning it as my freezers are full.

Brought a dishpan full of rhubarb in also. I think I'll make a rhubarb pie. I like it and so does one daughter and one son. Nobody else will eat it.

Have a picking of asparagus in the fridge from last evening. Want to blanch a freeze it. I think I can squeeze a few packs in!

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hi, everyone!

So on Tuesday, hubby and I went out to Red Lobster for shrimp and to celebrate our anniversary. It was really good!

Then I came home and made another batch of kolaches. I made some with cream cheese. Oh, to die for!!

Then on Wednesday, I had Bible study and then our friends came over for dinner and kolaches. They are leaving for 2 weeks vacation on Monday.

They brought fried chicken from Pizza Ranch and we had kolaches for dessert. She took about 10 of them with her.

After dinner, we started making snowflakes and paper airplanes. LOL. Not sure how that got started except that her daughter (10 yr old) said something about snowflakes and I asked her if she had ever made one.

She said no .. so away we went! Then paper airplanes appeared. It was fun! We played two games of SkipBo and then put a jigsaw puzzle together.

When they were leaving they saw a deer in our neighborhood. I would say they are out there all the time, but we don't always see them.

Today we went to our dentist. Hubby had a cleaning and I had the DDS check a tooth that has been painful. He thinks my bite was off, so he fixed it.

The weather has been nice .. mid 80's. I'll take it.

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Red Lobster sounds yummy as do your kolaches, Tutu.

Manna-I love rhubarb pie. I make a mean pie crust but haven’t done so since going gluten free.

I did my knee exercises.

I don’t think the cortisone shot helped my shoulder at all, so I need to learn to walk long distances without my trekking poles. I started practicing in a close by church parking lot that is smooth. Will keep practicing

The cortisone shot has given me that toxic “heavy leg” feeling I get from certain drugs (like antihistamines), so I didn’t walk for very long.

Spent a lot of time trying to get correct information from DMV on renewing my driver’s license and getting the “real” ID. Local DMV wasn’t very helpful but small town DMV was. So, may drive the hour there later in the summer.

Gabbed with my brother.

Eating last night’s leftovers for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. That is terrible that the shot didn't help. [Frown] [Frown]

That may be one more reason to take a closer look at your diet??

Speaking of brothers .. I need to call mine again.

Had lunch today with condo friends. The lady upstairs is moving back to Palm Springs. She's been here about two years. She has family in both places.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises.

Did one load of laundry and put the clean sheets back on the bed. Took a 30 minute nap this afternoon.

Vacuumed the car. It needs washing, but will do that another day.

Storms on the other side of town knocking down trees but it hasn’t stormed here, yet. Would like some rain without wind, though, as my flowers need watering.

Shoulder not as sore today. PT reminded me it could take 2 weeks for full effect. Don’t think I will get another one, though. Makes me feel “toxic”.

Cooked a healthy lunch. On weekends my bigger meal is at noon for some reason.

Time to hit the couch and read and maybe watch a movie tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did the laundry today. Got it all dried and brought back in before the storm came through. Not much thunder and lightening, but lots of rain. It poured! And still raining, but a nice gentle rain.

Hiker, wish you could make some pie crusts for me! I didn't get my rhubarb pie made yet. Maybe I'll just make a tapioca dessert with it instead.

Pulled some weeds in the flowerbed before the rain. Starting to look much better.

Need to finish folding the laundry & put it away.

Had our first fresh peas for lunch today!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Up at 6:00 and did my usual workout routine. I kinda overdid it this week with all my outdoor projects so only worked out this past Monday.

Vacuumed my Mom's car. It was a disaster from hauling all the dirt, wood posts and bags of rock since Josh had my car for over a week.

Afterwards I finally dusted, vacuumed, mopped and cleaned the bathroom. Now the house doesn't look so bad.

Hey, lost the thread! Hope this will post guys.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement