LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? JUNE 28, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? JUNE 28, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's up at your house today?

What will you do to keep moving this week?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Thanks for starting us off.

What is up at my house today is a bit of Sahara desert dust. Pretty sunrise, but I failed to snap a photo. Looked out my window and went back to bed. [Big Grin]

I watched our church service via Zoom again this morning. Church will probably open on July 12, but I don't think I will attend in person, yet.

I did a load of laundry.

Cooked a chicken breast.

Otherwise I have been talking on the phone a lot this afternoon with my mom, my brother and a college friend. Moving lips burns a lot of calories, right?

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us going this week!

Feel better today but didn't cook our usual Sunday dinner. Mom treated us tonight with take out seafood. I had chicken....sigh....

Haven't done squat since my allergic reaction to Powerade on Friday.

Hiker lots of talking counts as exercise. Hope your parents are doing OK. When do you get to visit with them?

Hoping to exercise tomorrow! Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew—Hot and humid today.

Did my knee exercises.

Went to Kroger to use my coupons. Groceries are going way up in price😢

Went to recycling.

AK—haven’t seen my parents, yet. Outdoor visits only at retirement home. Too hot and my mom is afraid of getting COVID-19.

Worried about my dad. He fell last week. Not sure why. Had to call Fire department to get hm up. Not sure how long he lay there before mom found him. He only weighs about 140 but neighbor across the hall was afraid to try and get him up.

Off to take garbage bin to curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been flared up from MCAS since Sunday. I really think it's from the Saharan dust. I went out briefly today and felt lousy.

So I ended up in bed for two hours this afternoon. I'm OK .. just feel worn out. I think my lungs/asthma are just unhappy.

The air outside is heavy. It looks better, but it's very humid and I think the mold count is high.

Still have not seen any pretty sunsets since the dust came in. I think it's been too cloudy. Can't tell if it's clouds or dust.

I've been binge-watching HGTV for months now. So crazy! LOL .. So many reruns of everything .. not so much on HGTV, but plenty of those too.

I've also been doing embroidery. I think I've made 4 towels now. Resting my hands today, but will start up again tonight.

Hiker .. I sure hope you get to see your parents soon ..and REALLY hope your dad is OK...

AK .. Hope you are feeling better today!!

Manna .. what's the latest project?

PS>. .. I spilled about 80 pills on the floor this morning. Great way to start your day!! Now I have germy pills. [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Managed all my usual exercises this morning and then took my Mom for more bloodwork. Her potassium has been high and TSH was also elevated.

Afterwards we dropped old bills, bank statements, etc. to be shredded.

Then off to the grocery store and afterwards I dropped Mom off at home and I went to Michaels to pick out a frame and matting for a signed print of the Pink House in Savannah Georgia.

Later today I watered the front and back yard.

Guys, I'm starting to get sick. Haven't felt well since Friday and today I looked at the back of my throat and I see white spots. Throat is a little sore and feel like I'm coming down with something. I hope it's not Covid19!

Hiker I'm so sorry about your Dad! I hope and pray that he'll be OK!

TuTu I hope I'm just flared up too! I sure don't feel right! Hope you found all your pills!

Off to bed....I'm so tired!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

UGH, AK!! I hope you aren't coming down with COVID. I don't think it usually starts like that, but who knows with this crazy illness?

AK .. I felt better after I took an extra Zyrtec this afternoon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--White spots on throat could be strep throat.

Get tested for Covid and for strep.

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

TuTu I didn't read anything about Covid starting with white spots and a sore throat either. Could be from the dust cloud. I'm taking liquid zinc and EmergentC so hope that'll help.

[Smile]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doing laundry today. Nice weather, though little warm. Not too humid though, so haven't started the air conditioner yet.

Want to work at finishing up 3 flannel night gowns that got laid aside while the mask rush was on.

After the sun goes behind the barn & shades the flowerbed, I'd like to get some more weeds pulled.
Should get the weeds pulled in the strawberry patch too.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises and went for a walk.

Cooler here today. Cloudy but no rain and we really need the rain.

I went to the hardware store to get a wand for the hose. Old one broke.

Noticed no white man in the store was wearing a mask. Men of color were wearing masks and all the women. Required in this state. Just an interesting observation.

Made muffins.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did all my usual workout routines but not as energetically. Drove my Mom to get her some lunch and to the bank.

Spent the evening at Josh's and watched 2 scary and 1 action movie. We also picked up our usual drive thru Mexican food.

Feeling so so today.

Manna you seem very busy! It's in the 90's down here already and is making outdoor work tough.

Hiker we have the same thing happening here. Masked folks are predominately African American. The exception is the military. Most are masked on post and off regardless of race.

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The statistics are that COVID is hitting African-Americans harder than everyone else.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I got up early and watered. So dry here and the next two weeks are expected to be int the 90’s with little chance of rain.

Went grocery shopping to nearby store fork produce. I thought it might be wise to go today instead of waiting until closer to the Fourth of July. But their produce truck comes in tonight so I lost out on the $.99 strawberries.

Supervised the guys putting in my new landscaping. It looks nice but seems a little sparse until the plants spread and bloom. In the front I have two Bobo hydrangeas, some firewitch dianthus, little lemon drop goldenrod, and blue aster along with some magic carpet spirea.

The old vegetable garden is now blueberries and strawberries although they won’t produce this year.

I did my knee exercises.

I will have to go back outside one more time tonight and water the new plantings. Will wait until it cools off. I know my water bills going to go way up but new landscaping is worth it.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did all my usual workout routines but not as aggressively. Still feeling kinda out of sorts.

Mom volunteered me to help her BFF with burglar alarm issues and phone issues. It was an easy fix for both. Just had to use the user's manual for the phone to fix the date and time and to add the answering machine's prerecorded message. The alarm system needs a battery for the motion detector. Tech support made everything a breeze.

Made a Korean dish for dinner that I've never made before. It had sweet potato noodles that were kinda clear and super easy to make. Used some meat from pork neck bones, grated carrot, chopped cucumber, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. So we had a scrumptious gluten free dinner. Yay!

Now I'm just chilling listening to some groovy music on our state's public broadcasting channel. All original singer songwriters and very out of the main stream. Loving it!

Hi there TuTu! I heard the same thing.

Hiker your new landscaping sounds amazing! Envy the strawberry and blueberry garden. I'm going to have to google some of the plants that you mentioned. I'm familiar with a couple of them. I'm kinda leaning towards digging out a water garden to help with the new gutter downspout water issue. I have no idea how to do it but am looking forward to the challenge and what to plant into one.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Googled those perennials Hiker and they're gorgeous! I see they can even grow down here! I have a regular long suffering hydrangea and love the BoBo!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—hope you are feeling much better today.

Got up early to beat the heat and water my new plants.

Has Bible study via Zoom this morning.

Did my balance exercises

Went to Farm and Fleet and bought a new lightweight hose for my front yard. Tired of dragging the heavy one around. Probably should have bought the 100 foot hose for the back but wasn’t sure it would be long enough.

A friend called and there went 90:minutes. Lol

AK—Not sure I understand your downspout gutter issue. Would a rain barrel attached help? Of course, a water garden would be an adventure.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The plants look great, hiker!!

AK .. Your mom is so lucky to have you around!

I woke up with back pain this morning, so I got up earlier than usual. By the time I fixed our late breakfast, I was ready for a nap.

Then I went to the pharmacy and to the health food store. I also got my haircut.

We are getting brief thunderstorms ..which we needed.

Tomorrow I will pick up food for us.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Didn't exercise today, just had to much going on.

This morning I put some privacy film on the lower part of our front security door. Now people can't see us in our living room at night.

Then ran to get batteries for the alarm system. Afterwards took Mom to the local military hospital to pick up an RX, pay a bill and shop for groceries at the commissary.

Afterwards went to Mom's BFF's house to finish working on her alarm system and then dropped off a few things to Josh.

Hiker I did look at some rain barrels. I'm still batting around ideas to fix the erosion problem. Water running off the roof from our shed in the backyard is combining with the water from the new downspout and is washing off our topsoil. Ugh!

TuTu thank you! I try to take good care of my Mom. I need a haircut too and bought some clippers so I'm going to cut my own hair again. Hopefully I won't do it as short as last time.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I got up and watered while it was still cool. Takes me about 40-45 minutes to water everything during this drought.

I did my knee exercises.

I made a meatloaf.

I filled my bird feeders.

I washed my sheets, put them back on the bed, and took a 30 minute nap.. [Big Grin]

AK and Tutu--I need to cut my bangs again. The rest can wait. My hair stylist is still not open to the public because her salon is in a retirement center. I may have to find another stylist until she can see people outside the retirement center.

Contemplating what topping for my gluten free pizza tonight. Still have money on a gift card to use.

[ 07-03-2020, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Had some bad tummy issues last night and ended up going to sleep at 6:30 this morning. Rest didn't last long and was up at 9:30.

Worked out to my 3 DVD's as best as I could then moved on to my facial exercises and pelvic routine.

Today was a prep day for tomorrow's festivities. So I scrubbed the grates on the grill and wiped down the exterior.

Washed iceberg and green leaf lettuces, made a fresh peach crisp and a petite yukon gold potato salad. My Mom is going to make baked beans and sauerkraut tomorrow. Josh and I are manning the grill and cooking hotdogs and hamburgers.

Right now I'm finishing up my last load of laundry.

Hiker is that just the new plants or does that include your lawn? I'm trying to find a new lawn person and had a young man come out today to give me an estimate. Even if he comes out once a month it'll help me tremendously with maintaining the yard. I still might have to get out there with the reel mower in between. Hope he does a good job.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK- I never water the lawn. It gets brown but always comes back just fine.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm not sure what kind of grass she has, but I know in Texas you would LOSE that grass if you didn't water it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Independence Day!

Today is pretty much a regular day for me. I was invited to a barbecue but was too timid to go due to covid19. If it was just the 2 people hosting I would be comfortable, but several others were going to be there.

So, I got up early and watered.

Went for a very short walk.

My service berry tree has some dead branches. Not sure if borers have gotten to it or a fungus or a root problem. I sprayed it for borers and tried to cut out the dead branches but can't reach the dead ones near the top. I fear it will die.

I did a load of laundry.

I baked salmon with potato and vegetable for lunch.

Lisa, my good friend, might come over later and sit on the porch, but it is awfully hot out.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy 4th of July everyone!

[woohoo]

Burgers, hotdogs with sauerkraut and Wolf brand (thanks TuTu) chili fixins, baked beans, potato salad and peach crisp with ice cream.....oh my!

Josh is coming over for Sunday dinner and I don't have to cook because we have plenty of leftovers.

Hiker I need to take a walk....for hours to burn off all the calories from today! I even ate regular buns! Ugh! Changing the subject, I need to water the grass down here. My Mom didn't care for the yard for years and I'm really struggling to revive her lawn.

Time to rub my aching tummy!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement