LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 5, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 5, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How was your holiday? Anything exciting to report?

Any plans for exercising this week?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu—Thanks for starting us off this week.

I got up early to water today. Took me an hour to get all the plants soaked and I am not watering the lawn.

Watched church service via Zoom.

Cooked a chicken breast and made chicken salad.

Did a load of laundry.

Some unknown predator left the pelt of a rabbit on my chain link fence this morning. Very bizarre. Picked clean. Ok, I know that is gross.

Chatted across the fence with my neighbor but got a heat headache and retreated back inside to the AC. So spoiled by AC. Not sure how my mom grew up in Texas without it.

Am being a couch potato the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had round 2 of burgers, hotdogs, etc. and am about to go into a food coma! Had a relaxing day noshing on leftovers and watching Unsolved Mysteries with Josh.

TuTu thanks for getting us going! All I've been doing is cooking and eating for the 4th and today. My poor abused tummy! Hate to weigh in tomorrow!

Hiker that is so weird about the rabbit pelt on your fence. My old meth head neighbor used to hang dead rattlesnakes on the fence of the property next to me when I lived in AL. I know you have wonderful neighbors so that's not the case for you. Maybe coyotes?

Off to read my downloaded book!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spent several hours outside today. Heat got to me by 10 A.M.

Watered my plants.

My neighbor helped fix the fence around the blueberry/strawberry garden, so that I have a gate to get in and closed up the openings at the bottom to keep the bunnies out.

Landscaping supervisor then showed up to fix the fence, but thought the neighbor had done a fine job. Lol Supervisor looked at my Surface Berry tree and confirmed it had borers. He finished pruning it for me and said to wrap the trunk in special paper this fall and remove in the spring.

The tree gets the winds from the southwest in the winter and that damaged the young tree enough that borers took advantage. Said not to give up hope.

I started to prune the tops of my forsythia but my shoulder complained loudly, so I stopped.

I did my knee exercises.

AK--you may be tired of hamburgers, but that is what I am going to make for dinner tonight along with a salad and green beans.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, gang.

I didn't do a whole lot today, but I did manage to wash shower curtain liners in both bathrooms and also washed the mats in both bathrooms. I did my best to clean the floor of the shower and tub.

I made a quick trip to the grocery store. I still have not been back to Walmart. If I need anything there, I just order and pick it up. I don't trust that place right now.

My plants are looking really nice, so I check on them each day and water as necessary. Still waiting for my morning glory to bloom. It is vining like crazy.

Next year I'm going to try growing some sweet peas. I really miss them! My dad used to grow them along the fence in our garden and I would cut them in the mornings to take to my teachers when I was in elementary school.

I bet they appreciated it more than I knew back then! I know I always loved it when my students would bring me flowers.

We have Bible study at our church tomorrow. We are going to social distance in the fellowship hall. We haven't met in 3 months.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worked out to my 3 DVDs and increased my weights from 3-5 lbs. Also did my facial exercises and pelvic routine. Increasing the pelvic weight tomorrow.

With the increased weights I'm not able to do all the reps in the 3 sets. Doing as many as I can but one exercise is so hard I only managed 6 reps in the first set and 3 reps in the last. Sigh!

Polished off the last hotdog with chili, sauerkraut, baked beans and a bun all in one bowl for dinner. I'm just so ashamed..... [Roll Eyes]

Hiker I hope you can save your tree! Does the special paper kill the borers? I had wood borers on my back porch from dead pecan wood that my ex picked up to use in the smoker. Had pest control treat them but the little suckers survived. Good luck!

Off to read!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—the wrapping of my tree trunk in the winter months may save it from wind damage. When the trunk gets damaged by the wind and perhaps some of the bark is stripped away, that is when the insects can really take their toll on the tree.

I got up early and watered all of my outside plants. I water the new ones every day and I water the others now every other day. It’s still in the 90s with no rain in sight.

I walked about 25 minutes practicing again in the parking lot with just one trekking pole and holding a sock in the other hand. I can’t say I’m making much progress but I’m only walking a few times a week due to the heat.

I did my balance exercises.

I drop some books off at the library and picked up a couple that were on hold.

I did work a little bit on my Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pulled weeds in my strawberry bed today. Worked at it awhile then came in to cool off in the air conditioning. Had to do it several times because of the humidity.

Washed few loads of fleece blankets, a load of table cloths and a load of tea towels and dish cloths.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Only managed my arm workout today. Lots of family issues going on and just drained.

Hiker I didn't water my new plants today. I was just too tired. I hope they forgive me. [Big Grin]

Manna way to go on getting those strawberries weeded!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I hope things are settling down for you and your family now. Don't worry about the plants. Hopefully, they will all live!!

Hiker .. I need to get busy on my own exercises. Some days I have too much pain to even consider it. GRRR.

I forgot to mention that I am still doing embroidery. I am waiting for more towels right now, but I made one for my friend whose birthday is tomorrow.

I'm also working on ordering drawer and cabinet pulls for our kitchen and bathrooms. This place didn't have any when we moved in. So finally, it's getting done! It will take awhile since I'm ordering from Amazon and in the middle of it I think I've changed my mind on what finish I want.

I guess that's all I know!!!

Have a good day, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Watered this morning but got a nice rain shower this afternoon.

Went grocery shopping.

Did my knee exercises.

Worked on my Bible study.

Took a short nap.

A friend called and talked for over 90 minutes. It’s our once a week gabfest.

Saying prayers for your family, AK.

[ 07-08-2020, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Managed to do all my exercises except still can't do all the reps with the 5 pound weights. I'll get there eventually.

Clippered my own hair today and it doesn't look to bad. Then showered and ran a couple errands.

Me, Mom and her BFF are heading to the local health department in the a.m. for the Covid swab test. We're having a pretty large outbreak here and hope we can get tested. Most places are first come first serve or you have to make an appointment which takes days. One place I called has a 7-10 day waiting period to just get swabbed. Sheesh!

TuTu your embroidery sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I ordered flowers from Clinton Flower Shop today. I really want to head your way and visit family but am going to wait until it's safe to travel.

Hiker thank you for the prayers! You've been busy today! It rained here so I didn't have to water plants or the lawn! Yay!

Well....I'm going to read just a bit. My alarm is set for 5:45. Ugh!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Hope you were able to get your covid test. And I hope the results come quickly.

As usual I got up early and watered my new plantings. Heat index is now 105 and I think the humidity is about that, as well. [Eek!]

I had my Bible study via zoom this morning.

Did my balance exercises.

Sat and wrote a poem this afternoon and then have been reading.

Hoping we get some more rain this evening without the wind that blew down trees yesterday. Thankfully my house and yard escaped damage.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sonny mowed part of the yard this afternoon. This evening I raked it up and put the grass clippings on my strawberry bed for mulch. With all the rain we've been getting, everything is growing fast.

I saw my African lilies are coming up in my flowerbed. I must have forgotten to dig them out last fall. They are supposed to be kept in the cool basement until March when they bloom. I completely forgot them!! At least some of them survived the winter outdoors!

Hubby is ready for his foot soak, so I will get it ready for him. Then it'll be bedtime.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

MannaMe--African lilies are so pretty!

I just got up a from a short nap.

I watered some this morning but we did get rain last night.

Went for a short walk.

Did my knee exercises.

I made another batch of blueberry muffins and stuck in the freezer.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

This morning sonny, daughter & hubby weeded the front flowerbed, got thoroughly dirty in the process!

I washed some crates and shelves and set them on the cement pad to drain and dry. It rained all day, so they will be rinsed off nicely!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, the lilies sound amazing!

We got a little rain the other day, but we could use more.

AK .. If you get to come by again, we will appreciate it even more, won't we!?

I haven't done very much today, but I did manage to wash the new kitchen towels that came from Amazon today. They still stink after the first washing.

Now they are soaking in detergent and baking soda. Round one didn't work. I can't work on them if they stink.

Our neighbors are moving in upstairs. I suspect they will be there long term. This building is well-covered in prayer, believe me! The woman on the top floor is probably my best friend here in the condos. All of us plan to be here a long time.

Hiker .. I need your blueberry muffin recipe, please!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Ran a couple errands today. Didn't workout today because I have another headache. That's five days in a row. I'm wondering if it's from increasing my hand weights to 5 lbs. Could've tweaked my neck.

Hiker we did get tested so just waiting for the results. You've been busy with baking, walking, exercising and whatnot. Those muffins sound delicious!

Manna have to google African lilies. I've never heard of them. So nice to hear how your family does chores together.

TuTu you're so right about appreciating things like travel even more. How wonderful that you have so many friends close by! Having good neighbors is priceless!

Well....off to read myself to sleep!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

My aunt gave me the lily bulb years ago. She called it an African Lily or VooDoo plant.

I just googled it and another name is Konjac. It also is an Asian rather than African plant, at least according to google.

They are very interesting plants, though the blossom stinks! Smells like a dead mouse!

hiker53
Member # 6046

Good neighbors are priceless. Sadly, my very kind neighbors are not good at social distancing or wearing masks, so we are not talking as much lately.

I watered my new plantings this morning and then went for a short walk. Hoping this will bring the rain tonight!

Did my balance exercises.

Cooked and did one load of laundry.

Tonight I will relax and read or watch a movie on T.V.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I made a quick trip to the grocery store today and picked up items that were not in my grocery list that I had ordered for pickup this evening.

One of my friends who used to go to our church was selling a shelf on Marketplace. So I asked for it .. and they delivered it. Can't beat that!!

Other than that, I haven't done much today.

My neighbor upstairs showed us in a group text how many hundred boxes she had to still unpack. She was working on the kitchen.

So someone in the group said, "We could help you put everything away and then you could spend the next month looking for all of it!" LOL

Heheee.....I'm off to bed so I can get up in time for church.

See ya tomorrow!
[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just kinda vegged out today. Did go to the oriental food market to pick up a few items.

I stuck on 3 round bandaid type patches with magnets in the center on my neck. I found a knot in the muscle and put the magnets there. Today's the first day with no headache so I'm thinking I tweaked my neck from weight lifting.

Manna that's so interesting about the Konjac plant. Being half Asian I'm very familiar with it and have eaten konnyaku, made from the root, all my life.

Hiker I watered my plants and lawn tonight. It's getting so hot down here that I water when the sun sets.

Off to watch TV!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement