LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? JULY 19, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? JULY 19, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would someone PLEASE tell COVID to GO AWAY!?

We had good services this morning. I really enjoyed the sermon. No sermon next week, because Pastor is taking a week off.

He had planned a trip to S. California, but that isn't going to happen.

I'm picking up food this evening.

Not sure what I'll do in between!

Have a good day, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--What food are you getting this evening or is its groceries?

It rained quite a bit this morning which we needed and that means I don't need to drag the hose around the yard today or tomorrow.

Had church via Zoom although it is open now and about half of us go to the church. Chickens like myself stay home.

Did a load of laundry. Fresh sheets on the bed.

Checked in with my friend from Florida whose family has Covid. Two still in the hospital but she is feeling a bit better.

Yakked with my mom.

Organized papers for my eye appointment tomorrow. I want the MD to fill out the vision forms for my driver's license, so I don't have to use the machines at the DVM for eye tests when I renew my license later this summer.

Off to read for a bit.

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us started this week!

On the weekends I don't usually exercise so lounged around most of the day.

Josh came over for Sunday dinner. I'd prepped the salad yesterday so just had to grill my teriyaki marinated chicken. Chicken was a bit under done so we had to nuke it but other than that dinner was delicious!

TuTu are you enjoying take out meals too? Take out containers sure fill our garbage can quickly. Might have to drag 2 to the curb instead of our usual 1.

Hiker glad to hear your friend is better! Bet your Mom enjoyed talking with you!

Well...I'm off to read too!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eye MD this morning. As I suspected I needed a new prescription. My right eye with my glasses on was 20/60 and I got new lenses last year. MD suspects the tech who tested me didn’t do a good job last year and that my eyes haven’t changed that much. Goodbye $$.

We decided to wait on draining the eyelid cyst. She said it would eventually go away. To drain it means another appointment, a numbing shot in the eyelid, turning eyelid inside out and lancing the cyst. If it gets worse I will call and do it but would rather not especially with Covid-19. I like my eye doctor a lot. And she knows a lot about Lyme.

Did my knee exercises.

My eyes are still very dilated so even with sunglasses I am staying inside this afternoon and hoping it rains a bit tomorrow because I am not watering today.

I wore my mask almost 3 hours this morning and they taped the top down as it was fogging my glasses at my appointment. Ugh. Glad to take it off. God bless workers who wear them all day.

Tomorrow I have my mammogram. Such fun. [Eek!]

Off to work on my Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was just boring groceries that I picked up on Sunday night.

You are right, AK, about having more trash if we get take-out. Bam! Full!!

I kept my cardiology appointment today. Was ready to cancel. I got cold feet! They handled everything very well, disinfecting everything I touched, so I assume they do that all day long.

The chemicals got really hard on me though and I can still smell them in my nose. The inside of my nose burns and my sinuses are not happy.

I don't see how the employees can take it all day long .. BUT .. They all had N95 masks on.

I may have to buy one. I'll have to find out if that really helps with chemicals. It may not.

Hiker .. that's a bummer about your glasses. My eyes are changing very quickly now since my cataracts are getting worse.

I used to be able to see without my glasses, but it's getting harder and harder.

I found a bunch of old pics last night, so that kept me entertained for awhile.

See ya later, gators!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the laundry today. Hung it all out to dry. With all the heat and the nice breeze, it dried quickly.

Managed to get one of the night gowns finished except for buttons & buttonholes. Have the next one's ruffle on and am topstitching the lace so it lays the right way. The bobbin got empty halfway through, so I quit for tonight. Will try to get it done tomorrow afternoon when its too hot outside.

Cleaned up some more corners today. Sorting stuff out to trash, to donate, or to keep. Its kind of hard for pack rats to get rid of stuff. I'm pleased with the amount we are donating!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worked out yesterday and today to my 3 DVDs. Also did my facial exercises and pelvic routine.

I'm waiting for the local water works to send someone out today. Pipes are moaning when kitchen water is turned on. It's an issue with the water pressure regulator valve we put on per their advice.

Hoping to go with Josh to our favorite indoor flea market about 45 minutes from us.

Depends when I can get away. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Manna way to go on decluttering! One of these days I need to tackle our shed in the backyard.

TuTu glad you kept your cardio appointment. I'm having some problems also with all the chemicals. One docs office sprays Lysol periodically and thank goodness I didn't have to leave but it was tough.

Hiker darn you just got your glasses! I'm with you on the mammo! I don't like to go to the dentist, have paps or mammos.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I’ve had a busy day already and it’s only mid afternoon.

I took my friend to her eye appointment this morning.

I did my balance exercises. I also did my shoulder exercises and practiced walking without my trekking poles a little bit.

A friend offered to take me to my mammogram this afternoon. Otherwise I have to park in the parking garage across the street from the hospital and skies looked ominous. I was in and out in 20 minutes and I hope the results are normal.

We had some rain this morning and expecting more rain later, so I am not bothering to water today.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are turning one flowerbed back into yard this summer. The children took the rocks out and I raked the ground as smooth as I could. Its a slope from the walk to the yard.

It was quite hot out there today. I worked at it this morning and again this evening until it started raining. Saw lightening a couple times, but didn't hear thunder.

My thumb was hurting and when I came in to wash up, saw the beginnings of a blister! Ouch!

Maybe I can finish it up tomorrow and then get the grass seeded if it doesn't rain too much.

Well, guess I'll see if I can work at sewing those night gowns. Two are ready for buttons & button holes. The 3rd one I'm adding lace around the yoke and then the side seam needs to be sewed. Hopefully there are enough matching buttons for each one in my button box.

Hubby helped one son sort through some boxes & got a couple boxes of stuff ready to donate.

Also worked at organizing his coin collection. He had used empty supplement bottles to store the pennies. Each year in a separate bottle. They were all odd sizes. We saved up a certain size and now its a nice neat collection of bottles that fit into a box.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Are the night gowns for yourself or to sell?

I grocery shopped this morning.

Filled my bird feeders and deadheaded some flowers after I watered. Pulled a few weeds.

Did my knee exercises.

Spent time researching PRP injections and stem cell injections for my knee and/or shoulder. Don't think the stem cell injections are in my budget.

Had my weekly hour+ chat with my retired teacher friend who is now the County Jail Chaplain. That is a job I could never do.

Off to read the newspaper and complete the crossword puzzle.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

One is for myself and one is a Christmas gift - I'm actually getting it done early this year!! The other one I'll put in my gift drawer in case I need an extra gift.

Sorted through some extra containers and donated some. Will see if we can sell the tupperware on ebay. Threw away some of the yogurt containers and other odd containers that accumulated. A stack of the 5 quart ice cream pail lids. Guess the children could use them as frizbees!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I actually went to WM today. I decided to get started on my OCC shopping for the church since the school supplies are out now.

If I don't get the pencil sharpeners and large erasers right away, they will be gone and then we have to pay more for them if we find any.

Took me way longer than it should have, but I managed to get a tax free card for our church. Big YAY!

There weren't as many people in the store as I expected, so I felt fairly safe. I was more worried about all the chemicals in the air than the germs after my experience at my cardiologist's. UGH.

We got some rain last night and again this afternoon, but all in all it was probably less than .25 inch.

Manna .. I happened to see some Tupperware the other day. Always has been a good product.

Hiker .. I'm with you. Some members of one of our former churches used to go into jails as part of their ministry and I was in awe of that.

AK .. How's the heat? Melting yet? [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today because I didn't sleep well. Shoulder is a tad tweaked probably from cutting the grass last weekend.

Up early but contractor and the plumber didn't come out until almost noon.

Had to postpone the treasure hunting at the flea market with Josh. We're hoping to go tomorrow.

I hurt my right hand today lifting an attic trapdoor with steps. I didn't realize it was about 65 pounds.

And if that wasn't bad enough I've broken out in welts (darn mast cells) around my waist from my belt being to tight to hold up my pants.

[Roll Eyes]

TuTu glad WM wasn't crowded. As for the heat down here....who needs a stove when you can fry, grill and bake right on the driveway!

Manna I finally put my fabric, pattern and cutting board away. I'm getting overwhelmed with all my outdoor chores and my sewing is going to have to wait.

Hiker hope the mammo is normal! My BFF in AK used to do prison ministry also. It's something I've never done and it's one of the things I admire about her.

Off to finish watching My Fair Lady!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

My mammo was normal. Hurrah!

I got up early and watered.

Did my balance exercises.

Had Bible study via Zoom.

Got my platelet enriched plasma injection today. Decided my shoulder hurt more than the knee so we did the injection there. Took nurse 3 sticks to find a vein that released blood. Then they spin it in a centrifuge to get the platelets concentrated.

The injection was a lot more painful than I expected. It may take at least 30 days to know if it works. Md said if it doesn't work in the shoulder it may still work for the knee. Sigh. Not covered my insurance.

Resting the remainder of the day. Leftovers for dinner and reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Washed one set of curtains and a load of table cloths. They dried and I got them in before it rained.

Sewed the button holes in the nightgowns. I have the buttons all ready to sew on.

Took sonny out to work & picked him up again when he was finished cleaning floors.

Ran down (drove actually) to my sis-in-law to pick up some groceries she picked up for me. Rained most of the way there. Sun shone on the way home.

The storm blew a few of our volunteer sunflowers over, so I cut off the blossoms and brought them in. I used a gallon jar to put them in...... but set it in the sink because I was afraid the heavy one would tip the jar over. Didn't want to wipe up that much water!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hurray on the mammo, hiker!! Awesome! I need to get mine done.

You were very brave to get those shots!! I sure hope it helps!!

AK .. Shake, bake and roll!! We're only in the low 90's, so I will take it! We've had about a 10-20% chance of rain each day and that is keeping it cooler.

Manna .. Sounds like you had a good day!

Let's see. What did I do today? Washed two loads of clothes, chatted with my friend who just took a job here. (She lives about 50 miles away)

I'm still doing embroidery. I finished another towel yesterday and gave it to my friend's daughter. She loves to cook and I made it custom for her likes and included her name on it. She's 10 so that made her pretty happy!

That's all I know, gang!!

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi you guys! No exercise today. Took my Mom for some lab work this morning.

Josh and I made it to the indoor flea market and we shopped for 4 1\2 hours! We made it through the entire market! He bought plates, cups and books and I bought a wicked looking pine tree planter. I'm not planting trees but plan on using it to dig with instead of a pick axe. Hoping to save wear and tear on my shoulder.

Hiker that shoulder shot sounds painful! Praying that you'll get good results.

Manna sounds like a great day!

TuTu that towel you made sounds so cute and very thoughtful of you! Bet she loved it!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Gorgeous day here. I was told to rest my shoulder for 48-72 hours, so I did not get my garden weeded. Filled the bird feeders.

I did my knee exercises.

Make a pot of spaghetti sauce and froze it.

Ran an errand and filled car with gas.

Worked on Bible study.

Read a lot this afternoon.

My colleges friend’s mom died of Covid this evening. Angie is still recovering and her partner is home from hospital but on oxygen. 😢

[ 07-24-2020, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise but hit the ground running. Took Mom to pick-up her RX which won't be ready until Monday and then we shopped at the commissary.

Once home made lunch then I went back out and bought outdoor fabric to cover the 4 chairs that are on our front porch. Also stopped and picked up more groceries.

Once home watered the yard and made a late dinner.

Whew!

Hiker my sincere condolences to your friend. Does her partner also have Covid19?

Off to watch some TV.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--You have been busy! My friend's partner also has covid. Nasty disease.

I did a load of laundry.

Did my balance exercises. I can still balance on one foot for over a minute, so that is good.

Deb and Charlie came over to water so I wouldn't have to drag the hoses all over the big yard. Heat index way over 100 today.

Baked salmon for lunch with asparagus and potato.

Chatted with my BFF and then with my brother.

Just chilling out this evening with a book.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did some extra laundry today - the living room curtains, a load of sheets, and some doily & dresser scarves.

Finally got those night gowns finished and folded and put in the drawer!

One of the boys planted the grass seed on the former flower bed. It was finally dry enough to walk around on it. We had rain several times.

Picked some tea tonight, should go boil a big kettle of water and we can have fresh tea tomorrow.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today but spent the day cooking.

Made a fresh peach pie for Sunday dinner with premade pie crusts on the top and bottom. Also used xylitol and brown rice flour to make it a bit more healthy.

Steamed fresh broccoli and added onion and red cabbage for a salad tomorrow and chopped veggies and cooked pork cubes for the fried brown/cauliflower rice that I'm making.

Whipped up a meatless chili made with leftover beluga lentils for dinner.

I'm beat!

Hiker I'm sorry that your friend has loved ones dealing with Covid19. BTW, you have awesome neighbors! Worth their weight in gold!

Manna you are one busy person! What leaves are you picking for tea?

Off to bed!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I have a tea bed with 4 kinds of tea. Spearmint,
applemint, peppermint, and chocolate mint.
The applemint has a wooly leaf - we always called it wooly tea when I was growing up. I only learned its real name when I was at a greenhouse that had tea plants for sale.

The applemint and spearmint are overtaking the peppermint & chocolate mint. I really can't tell the chocolate mint from the peppermint.

I'd like to put dividers in and have enough space for each kind of tea so none are crowded out. I'd also like to get a few more kinds. I saw an orange mint and a strawberry mint.

In a separate container I have pennyroyal tea. It smells delightful. Its supposed to be good to put in your pets beds to keep the bugs away.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement