LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE-What can you do today! Aug. 23, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE-What can you do today! Aug. 23, 2020
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread! Here we like to encourage one another to be as active as we can.

If you're out enjoying a walk or gardening post about it here. Just about anything counts as exercise, even doing dishes and laundry!

Running, kayaking, skiing, swimming, weight training, etc. are some of the things that have been posted or talked about.

So here we go with another week of activities!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Thanks for starting us off!

I watered the flowers this morning.

Went to church via Zoom.

I did a load of laundry.

Filled the bird feeders and made more nectar for the hummingbird feeders.

Spent time talking to my brother and then with my mom.

Am trying to figure out a way to be allowed into my parent's retirement center as my parents need some help on some things this week. They are declining so fast.

I wrote emails to several "powers that be" at the retirement center and will follow up with phone calls tomorrow.

Have a great week! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. I'm still dreaming about fig preserves. Oh my!!

Hiker .. So is ANYONE being allowed in the facility? I hope you can see them and take care of whatever you need to.

We went to church then came home and ordered curbside from Chili's. We like their salads.

I took a nap and then washed a load of clothes, watered plants, sent cards to church members who are basically shut-ins for now.

Keeping an eye on the hurricanes. We need rain, but I sure hope everyone on the coast will be OK.

Two at once is pretty crazy, but at least they are not big ones.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decided not to work out today. Still having problems with my bad shoulder and neck.

Made dinner yesterday and that was about it. Made a meat sauce for fettuccine and zoodles. Also made dressing and a green leaf lettuce salad.

Today we have a follow appointment via video/phone call with my Mom's Interventional Radiologist to hear the results of her liver MRI and blood work.

I know she's nervous and am praying for good news. I'll let you all know the results.

Hiker I sure hope and pray that there's some way that you can see your parents! I can't imagine how hard it's been on you and them. [group hug]

TuTu bet those cards make a difference! Sometimes shut-ins can be forgotten and I'm sure the cards bring a ray of sunshine along with them!

Well gang I'm off to have a relaxing day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a lot of time on the phone this morning with various people at my parents retirement center. I don’t know that we made much progress but it was made clear that I cannot go inside which I already knew. It would be so much easier to help my parents if I could get into their apartment.

I did a quick trip to Kroger ‘s.

I slaved over a hot stove for a while. I didn’t get around to blanching the green beans, yet, which I need to do.

I did my knee exercises. And now I am settled on the couch with a book.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Some of you here have heard that my Mother's liver cancer has returned. We'll be heading back for treatment soon. Please remember us in your prayers.

Hiker I hope and pray that you can see your parents soon. I can't imagine what you all are going through.

I'm going to read some too. Night all.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very tough times for both of you. I know of what you speak. It's been 15 years this December since I lost my mom. I took care of her for 7 years (she was in assisted living, then a nursing home).

It's HARD!!

Many prayers for both of you .. and your families.

My brother is having a hard time too because his wife is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. He has only seen her in the parking lot there a few weeks ago.

He told me tonight that he wasn't going to put her through that again until it was cooler. He said they brought her out to a patio that had NO shade and they could only see her from their car. Well....she barely knows who they are, so he said he will wait to do that again until it's cooler. So sad.

The good news is that he's coming to see us in September! I have not seen him since our mother's funeral 15 years ago. He lives in Virginia. He's also going to see other friends on his way down to see our brother in Houston.

I nearly cried when he told me he was coming. Makes me tear up now.

Good night, everyone. God bless us all.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Glad you get to see your brother, Tutu. Sorry about his wife.

Busy day today. Spent time talking to my brother and social worker at parent’s retirement center. My mom is refusing extra help.

Blanched green beans.

Washed my sheets and put them back on the bed.

Went and bought thistle, safflower seed, and suet. Refilled hummingbird feeder.

Stopped at library to pick up a few books.

Yakked on the phone with a friend. Perked me up! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like a great day, hiker!

I'm still living high thinking about seeing my brother. Praying that nothing prevents that from happening.

We worked at church for two hours this morning. Only one person came. We put all the pumps and needles inside the folded up soccer balls and wrapped rubber bands around them.

Then we put all the balls in shoe boxes. So 50+ balls are ready, along with pencil bags. We will add the other items the day of the packing party .... if we have a party.

We have another 50 boxes ready with the pencil bags inside. Moving on!!

This afternoon, I finally found my Bible study book. It was right where I left it! HAHAHA! Have no clue why I couldn't find it.

Keeping an eye on the hurricane, since I have family there.

Need to call my brother in Houston in just a few minutes.

Take care, everyone!

[group hug] AK

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

My SI joints are bothering me along with my shoulders from overdoing it with my lawn projects so no exercise for me today.

Did go to the grocery store and picked up a few things and then got my Mom so we could use the drive through at the bank, post office and hamburger joint.

Chatted the afternoon away and worked on a puzzle with my Mom.

So had a great day!

TuTu I bet you think of your Mom often. Thank you for all the prayers. I'm so glad that you're brother is coming to see you! 15 years is a long time and you all have a lot of catching up to do!

Hiker I had to refill our hummingbird feeders too! I swear our little visitors are getting bigger! We enjoy watching them fly about chasing one another when they get territorial. BTW, I sure hope things improve with your folks!

Off to google self help for SI joints again! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Praying for all in the path of the hurricane.

Did my knee exercises.

Went to neurologist. I had to laugh because I got six reminders for this appointment via email, text and phone call. I was in and out in 15 minutes. I have to go once a year because of seizure meds.

Vacuumed the car. Need to wash it but will wait for a cooler day. Deadheaded some flowers.

Went grocery shopping. They had a whole water melon for 99 cents but I couldn’t eat that much and it was very heavy.

I replaced the sunflower seeds in one birdfeeder with safflower seeds. Then I got a kick out of watching the usual squirrel that goes up and raids the feeder and he did not like those seeds. Hope he remembers that he doesn’t like them.

I also watched two hummingbirds battle for the nectar at the hummingbird feeder. Ironically neither one of them ended up getting any. I will watch again at dusk.

I get the platelet enriched plasma injection in my knee tomorrow. I think it has helped the shoulder although not as much as I had hoped. Say a prayer that this goes well. I am not into pain. [Eek!] I am not sure how long I am supposed to not to avoid exercises with that knee after the procedure.

The new lenses in my glasses are still not correct. I am finding that when I wear a mask I see differently through the glasses then when I don’t wear a mask. And of course the vision center makes you wear a mask when you go in.

So I will call for an appointment for next week and go back and see what they can do and see if they will allow me to turn around and takeoff my mask to try out adjustments.

I feel like a nap but then I won’t sleep tonight, so I think I will read a bit.
[hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I hope your SI joints are better today. Yes, for sure, I think about my parents all the time. Sweet memories.

hiker .. wow on the seeds! LOL.. poor squirrel! In the past 10 days, I've seen a FAT armadillo on our sidewalk (at 10 pm) and then a squirrel by our stairs. I've never seen a squirrel nor an armadillo UP HERE.

Sure they are down in the green area, but I'm weirded out that they are spreading their wings. Strange.

The squirrel was in the rocks, no trees right there, no food that I know of.

Sure hope your shot works, Hiker!! I guess any improvement is GOOD!

Been watching TV all night; it's been great.

We had our Bible study today here at the condos. We distanced and enjoyed the visit with each other.

I made King Ranch Chicken again for supper. It was yummy!

See you guys tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Seems like the wildlife have moved into neighborhoods a lot this year.

There was another hot day so I watered all my flowers outside.

I refilled the hummingbird feeder with sugar water.

I did my balance exercises.

I went to the orthopedic surgeon and has a platelet enriched plasma injection in my knee. It wasn’t as bad as I thought although it’s very sore now. I’m supposed to take it easy on the knee for 72 hours.

After rewarding myself with a candy bar for doing so well at the orthopedic surgeon, I took an hour long nap.

[ 08-27-2020, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Nice reward, hiker!! I hope the pain eases up soon and that you get good mileage out of the shot.

Watching TV tonight!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Ugh....been battling some pain but found some awesome at home PT exercises to do for my SI joints and winging of my left shoulder.

My SI joints are much better but the shoulder is about the same. Have some winging of the shoulder blade and am hoping and praying that I can work on that issue with the exercises.

No more lifting 30 forty-five pound bags of river rock for me. Sheesh....really, I think I've lost my mind!

Anyways....

TuTu I watch TV everyday with my Mom. She's been into Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Heat of the Night, the Waltons and shows like that. So during the day we enjoy each other's company and watch some shows. I've been trying to take it easy but since I'm a bit better I might try to trim the bushes in the front yard. Should only take me about 15 minutes.

Hiker, LOL, we're on the same page again. I really need to vacuum my poor little Scion. The back seats are still down and it's a mess back there from hauling all the manure/compost mix, topsoil and river rock. Might have to stay that way for awhile. Also I bought a watermelon the other day and cut it up last night. We buy the seedless ones and I'm eating it like crazy! Hope your knee feels better!

OK...off to sit on the front porch with Mom.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What's "winging" of the shoulder blade?

It was a great night of TV. Loved it.

Today I have errands to run. Miscellaneous this and that.

See ya later!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Took it easy today as I am supposed to baby knee until at least Monday. Weird not doing chores.

Still trying to reach social worker at parent’s retirement center. She was supposed to call me again Tuesday but didn’t.

Wrote a letter on my computer and even with 14 font it was blurry. So called eye center and they want to redo my eye exam in September. That will be my 5th trip back since midJuly. [cussing] But I can’t go a whole year with blurry vision.

Talk to my new GP’s nurse. New GP is an idiot, so requested that I be put back with my old male GP and would go elsewhere for gynecological care. Nurse wasn’t sure she could make that happen. I will ensure it happens.

Spent time this afternoon reading. Also started working on my new Bible study.

AK- hope that SI joint and shoulder feel better soon.

Enjoy your Friday evening. Praying for rain here.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Taking it easy today. Yesterday I trimmed the bushes and picked up limbs, sticks and trash in the yard. Spent more than 15 minutes. [Roll Eyes]

Me and Mom are ordering take out tonight from Longhorns. We're going to split their 20 oz. rib eye steak dinner. Yay!

TuTu winging is when your shoulder blade sticks out from your back. I injured my already bad shoulder from lifting river rock a couple months ago? when I worked on the trench by the shed in the back yard.

Hiker my gosh! I hope you can get in touch with the social worker and what the heck is going on with your GP's office?! Maybe you might need to talk with someone else at that office. Can't believe you have to keep going back to the eye doctor either. I'd be super frustrated too!

Well....off to lounge around some more. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Pretty lazy day here.

Still supposed to be taking it easy with my knee, so my extent of exertion was filling bird feeders, getting mail and cooking.

Some good friends came over and hauled the hose all over the yard for me this morning. The rain missed us last night.

Worked on Bible study and read. Watching another episode of Earthflight about birds tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement