LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today August 30

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today August 30
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you believe we are already rolling into September? Sometimes it seems like this has been a very long year and other days it seems to fly by.

Are you getting out and about and exercising? Anything counts— walking, yard work, shopping, vacuuming, laundry, swimming etc.

Tell us about your movement on this friendly thread as we support each other!

Have a great week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a load of laundry today.

Went to church via zoom. Super sermon.

Called mom and chatted. Very worried about my dad. He fell again despite using his walker but was not hurt. Refuses to get life alert type necklace.

Beautiful day here. I have the windows wide open to air out the house.

Just going to relax the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, hiker .. That is not good. Will your mom accept a life-alert? That way she could push it if needed??

I know she might not remember ..but then again she MIGHT.

Had church today .. lots more showed up at early service, including two visitors.

Second service was fewer than 10 people! But Pastor's sermon was great. It's always helpful to hear it twice.

We got carry-out from Chili's then I took a nap. Got up to have a support group meeting on Zoom with a few friends. (MCAS)

So now I have to figure out what I want to eat for supper.

It's cloudy and cooler here today. Should be cooler all week. We didn't get as much rain as they predicted, but at least some people got rain.

See you guys later!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overdid it with my knee today probably with going up and down the stairs too much.

Did my knee exercises.

Watered the flowers.

Filled car with gas and stopped at library.

Filled my bird feeders. Took one down and replaced it with a suet feeder. Hoping for orioles but some downy woodpeckers showed up right away and they are cute, too. Washed the feeder I took down, put it all back together and put it away for awhile.

Talked to retirement home social worker trying to get more help for my parents. Problem is my mom will not accept any help. My dad really needs it and so does she.

Will need to make several more trips up and down stairs to take out garbage and recycling. Going to work on Bible study first.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for starting us off this week!

Me and Mom ran a couple errands today but she tired easily so was glad to get her home and relaxed.

I've been doing some PT exercises for my SI joints and bad shoulder that I found on the internet. I'm happy to report that I'm much better! Yay!

Hiker I hope and pray that you find a solution to the predicament that your parents are in. Very heartbreaking.

TuTu wonderful news about attendance at your church. It's always nice to have visitors.

Hey, I just remembered something about Life Alert! Our security system includes something similar but I chose the wrist model that looks similar to a watch. Maybe that's a better alternative than a necklace and it's not as noticeable.

Night everyone!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—glad your shoulder and SI joint are better.

Raining here all day. We really need the rain so I don’t mind.

Did my balance exercises.

My two trips outside so far have been to retrieve the garbage can and get the mail.

Worked on Bible study again.

Need a haircut and I cannot get to my stylist as her shop is in a retirement center. Went to a large salon in July. Haircut was fine but I was uncomfortable with so many people during covid.

Made calls today and all the small salons are not taking new clients, so may go back to large salon. Think I will put off my haircut a while longer.

Watched a squirrel leap abut 15 feet from tree to the top of my shepherd’s hook hoping to get bird seed. He was disappointed because he couldn’t get into the suet feeder. I am always amazed at their acrobats.

See you tomorrow. 😃

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise outside of YouTube exercises for my SI joints and shoulders.

Hiker I did the same outside getting the garbage can and mail. Also did one load of laundry.

Had a fasting day so decided to take it easy.

Well....off to read!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. those squirrels are something else!! Hey, go get your own nuts! LOL Glad you got some rain. We didn't get much, but it was nice and cool while it drizzled.

I went to our Bible study at church yesterday morning, then went on a search for Dream Whip so I can make some cherry cheesecake pies.

I wanted to make one for my friend and one for my brother when he comes. Can't find the Dream Whip. It's expensive on Amazon, so I'm hoping not to have to do that.

I ordered a REAL glass pie pan too. I got rid of all my "unnecessary" cooking items 25 years ago when we moved into our RV. I've decided I need a few things back!!

AK .. Hope you feel better today after the fast. I wouldn't mind doing a fast, but I have too many meds to take.

Today we have the Bible study here at the condos. We're studying the book of James.

Today I have a few more errands to run. The disinfectants inside the stores is just a nightmare!! (by the way, a mask does not block chemicals) .. I came home yesterday with raw sinuses that are still raw today.

How does that help us stay safe from the virus??? It DOESN'T! It sets us up for it. I was only inside stores a total of 30 minutes maximum.

Update .. the morning glory has still not bloomed. I gave up on it. Now when it freezes, I will have to spend about an hour pulling the vines off.

So .... have a great day, everyone!!

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--My teacher friend says the chemicals used at school to clean are awful. She goes to eat lunch in her car and sometimes spends her planning period outside with her laptop to get a break. And be able to take the mask off, too.

Your pie, Lymetoo, sounds delicious. Let me know when to come over. [Big Grin]

I spent 90 minutes on the phone this morning because the antivirus program for my computer wouldn't scan. Uninstalled and reinstalled and am running a scan, but much slower than usual.

I did my knee exercises and small chores around the house.

This afternoon I went grocery shopping. My favorite nondairy ice cream was on sale, so I bought 2 pints. Shame on me.

I filled a couple of bird feeders. Migration has begun. Of course, it would help if I didn't have 6 feeders, but I sure do get joy out of watching the birds.

Had my usual weekly chat with a friend and former colleague on the phone.

I am off to do the crossword puzzle in the paper.

[ 09-02-2020, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just doing my exercises for my shoulders and SI joints. Another day of fasting done. Feeling better as my histamine goes down.

Ran just a couple errands with my Mom and watered the lawn and now just watching TV.

Hiker is that your new laptop that has a glitch? Sure hope you can find out what's slowing it down. I did an update and afterwards my laptop runs very slow. We're still enjoying the hummingbirds here.

TuTu the cleaning/disinfecting chemicals are getting to me too! Lately I've been eating badly and it's effecting my health, hence the fasting. Have bloodwork scheduled this month along with another GP appointment. She's the doc that wants my weight down to 125. Sheesh......

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—I have an old computer and so the antivirus program runs really slow when I do my weekly scan.

Seems like I wasted most of the day. Social worker from retirement home was supposed to call me this morning so I skipped my Bible study picnic. She never called and I found out she wasn’t even at work today. Grr.

Went and got my haircut. I sure do miss my stylist. The gal today cut my hair really short which is fine but it wasn’t the best cut in the world. But it wasn’t too expensive either. Last time they assumed I was a senior citizen and only charged me $14. I didn’t know there was a difference in rates. Today they asked and I ended up paying more. I must admit during Covid I have been a much better tipper not that I was bad before.

Off to pay the man who mows for me. And deadhead the marigolds. This year I planted the ones with large blooms and they have looked great since May.

[ 09-03-2020, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. After doing more shopping today, I say that WalMart is the worst. I went to our other WM yesterday and it was just as bad as the Super Center.

Hiker.. Sorry to hear about the haircut.. The good news is that it will grow!! My hair is driving me crazy because it's getting more fine and fly-away. There aren't very many hair styling products I can use and what I'm using isn't doing the trick.

I went to a store today to get more school supplies for OCC. I think we have just about all we need. I was really happy to find large notebooks at Target and other needed items like pencil bags and scissors at Menard's.

I also made a stop at the grocery store that has the filet mignon at the great price so that was our supper.

I came home and started taking the school supplies apart and organizing them. Found some mechanical pencils at a great price too! They came complete with extra erasers and lead.

Now I'm waiting for Direct TV to talk to me about their crummy service. Sometimes we can't change the channel and other times it takes 5 min to change it!!!

[Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did my exercises for my achey joints and lounged around all day! Went and picked up my Mom's meds, made brunch and later nuked a tv dinner for her.

Still fasting so I just did organic chicken broth, coconut water, water and teas.

Hiker sorry that you missed your picnic! It's frustrating when people don't do what they promise. I bet your hair looks great! I'm still cutting my own and now I cut my Mom's too. Clippers make it a lot easier.

TuTu my hair is so thin that's why I wear hats and wigs occasionally. Way to go on all the work for OCC! Those mignons sound so good!

Off to read!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH, Hiker. I missed the part about missing the outdoor Bible study. That's awful!!! I would be very disappointed too.

I'm working on odds and ends today. Got my shower and one load of laundry done before they shut off the water.

Now we'll be under a boil order for awhile.

I'm off to clean out my pantry!!

My brother will be here in two weeks! I can't wait!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu-why is the water shut off?

I did my knee exercises.

Did a little yard work trimming a few shrubs and cutting the peonies down to the ground.

Went to get supplement at Vitamin shoppe. Buy one get another half price.

Tried to call social worker again. No response. Grr.

Went to chiropractor. Resting now so adjustment holds.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did exercises for my joints. Made my Mom lunch and also made smoothies. Had to have something in my stomach for our busy day.

We went to the PX and the commissary and bought some groceries.

Unloaded everything and not long after my Mom's BFF came to visit. She told me that our local department store, Dillards, had a huge sale so I hightailed it down there.

Man oh man what a sale! Bought 5 really nice tops and a dress. Also scored 3 pairs of shoes. One pair I have to return because they run big and my usual size didn't fit. Hope they have some that will fit me.

After my shopping spree stopped at Josh's to drop off some rice cakes and watched the first episode of Cobra Kai (Karate Kid spinoff) on Netflix.

TuTu now I'm starting to get excited that your brother is visiting. Two weeks will fly by! Hope they fix the water problem.

Hiker sounds like you had a busy day too! And what the heck is wrong with that social worker! Sheesh!

Reading time!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dang on the social worker, hiker!!

AK .. The water was shut off for almost 13 hours!! It finally came back on about 11 pm. Whew.

They were trying to replace a water pressure regulator for our subdivision. We apparently have two. One went out about 5-6 months ago and caused damage to 40+ condos!! Some minor, some not so minor. All repaired now and insurance is supposed to pay for it.

They didn't tell us this could take ALL DAY LONG!!! Now I'm still afraid until the air gets out of the lines. I'm on the bottom level and would be the one to get flooded if it pushes out too much water pressure.

I THINK they are finished, but I heard them down there this morning. Maybe they are filling the hole back up. It was pretty deep.

We are outside the city limits, so who knows what kinds of crazy things they did when they built this place!!

So .. we are on a boil water restriction until AT LEAST next Thursday. That's hard!!

No problem with drinking water since we have plenty of bottled, but .. it's the stuff like washing dishes

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Seems like a good time to use paper plates so you only have to wash pots and pans. Glad this happened before your brother comes.

I did one load of laundry and remade the bed.

Went to the library to drop off books and get a couple more.

Researching "life alert" type systems for my parents. Some companies have had a huge run on them since Covid and don't have any with GPS right now.

Wrote some sympathy cards. The father of my best buddy from childhood passed away yesterday. He was in hospice so her mom, she and her brother had time to prepare. But she lives in WA and her brother lives in GA. So, no service until Covid is over. Her mom doesn't want to risk having her kids or elderly friends getting the virus.

Think I will watch the Kentucky Derby. Will be weird to see the race without fans etc.

Have a good evening. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You are right, hiker!! I got lucky there. I hope it's all fixed. Finally got most of the air out of the lines about noon.

I hope you can find a life-alert system soon.
Sorry to hear about your friend's father. This thing with no funerals is so sad.

I've been sending cards to our shut-in members and anyone with a birthday or anniversary. I've received a few sweet replies.

I can't believe I missed the Derby! I didn't even know it was going to be today. I'm hoping to see the video soon.

I did make two runs today to return some items. That's always a pain to do. Of course, when returning to Kohl's, I had to shop. HA!

I found a spring/summer pajama set and some socks. I saved about $40.

Walked out of there paying $13.49.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement