LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today Nov 15, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today Nov 15, 2020
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is everyone ready for another week of shaking and baking? We like to post all our activities here to encourage one another to be as active as possible. If you're out for a walk, doing laundry, cooking or baking, running errands, weight training, etc. we'd like to hear about it.

So...here we go...

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went earlier today and met my friend and returned her Mom's wheelchair.

Made my salad to go with the spaghetti I'm making for dinner tonight. Going to try these organic brown rice wide egg noodles. Hope they come out OK.

Still not feeling well and ordered another pollution proof mask from Amazon. I've been sleeping with a mask on and these are pretty comfortable and are more heavy duty then the masks you see most people wearing now.

Think we're going to have the two windows replaced that have deeply ingrained mold. Both are in our bedrooms and that might be part of my problem.

Hope and pray that we can get the mold issue handled.

See everyone later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. Keep after it. You need to find the mold and get it all out of there.

I slept with a heavy duty 3M mask quite a few nights when they were trying to get the mold removed. It was a nightmare.

It's important for your mom also. She can't get well in that environment. [Frown]

Had a great day at church. The Pastor blessed the shoeboxes and prayed for them. The latest count is 328, with one more to come soon from a friend.

We will take them to the local collection center sometime this week

PS .. I could swear I posted last night. Oh well, there wasn't much to tell you!!

Tomorrow I go to get a small lesion taken off my face. Should be uneventful.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. We had tornadoes last night, but small ones. The sirens went off twice, while we were hunkered down in the bathroom.

Today it's gorgeous!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wind gusts up to 50 mph this afternoon, so I am staying inside.

I went to church via Zoom. Only 6 people were at church in person today. Too much covid around.

Did a load of laundry.

Talked to my brother and then my mom.

Ak--Hope you can get rid of the mold.

Tutu--Kudos on the 328. Good luck with the lesion removal. Has it already been biopsed?

Finished my James Patterson book and on to a new John Grisham novel.

Have a super week.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. no .. tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunny but windy again today. I have never seen a year that has had so many windy days.

I went to Kroger and bought organic meat. Their Kroger brand rice chex like cereal is very cheap, too. Got some gluten free oatmeal etc.

I did my knee exercises.

Spent several hours on Bible study.

Filled the bird feeder--needed new suet. Had a flicker at my sunflower feeder today. Love watching the woodpeckers.

Off to read do the crossword in the newspaper. Think I will grill burgers for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the reminder on the Bible study. Ours is long this week so I must get started NOW! The study time is Wed.

All went well this afternoon with the lesion removal on my face. Got 7 stitches. Will return next Monday to get them out.

I'm tired!!

Hiker .. my upstairs neighbor has a bird feeder, so I'm seeing more birds now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Well I ended up getting sick as a dog yesterday and wasn't able to eat my dinner. I thought it was just my sinuses but I ended up getting my usual muscle spasm in my neck and my head felt like it was going to explode!

So with a knot in the back of my neck and my swollen face I called it a night at 7:00. My Mom and Josh were very worried because they know I don't ever miss a meal unless I'm fasting.

So ended up taking 2 pain pills and 2 muscle relaxers and my Mom put 2 magnets on the knot.

Amazingly I'm better today! Thank God! I was so embarrassed to get so sick and scare everyone.

Today I went to Sam's (Costco type store) and to pick up my Mom's RX and finally to the commissary.

Bought almost everything we need for Thanksgiving except peas and carrots, corn on the cob and yeast rolls. They were all out! I'll try a different store tomorrow.

TuTu we're twins! Can't believe you wore a mask to bed also! Sure am glad that your minor surgery went well. Are they going to biopsy the lesion? Wonderful news about the boxes too.

Hiker you're blazing through those books! I'm still reading my book on toxins but think I'm almost done. I had my spaghetti for breakfast and the brown rice egg noodles were very good. Must be the brand because the other one I bought was not good. I haven't tried the lentil ones yet.

Well friends, I'm going to set up my air purifier in the guest room and read. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did laundry again today - got it all folded except for the load of towels in the dryer yet.

Started studying for my Food Handlers License so I can do baking for the store. My daughter got her studying done & took the test already. We're starting out with baking bread (me) and cookies (her). I don't mind doing some baking, but its not my first love.

I'd much rather sew! But if the baking helps bring in some funds, I'll do it until we get my sewing room set up and my Etsy store up & running. My finished sewing projects are underneath a huge stack of boxes. Must wait till the bathroom renovations are done to get to it.

Hubby was trying to get his business set up in the new state and is confused by this website telling him one thing and the next saying something different.

Sonny was out cutting more brush down and some of the sapling trees that were overgrowing the bank. Its starting to look much better out there.

The son who helps take care of the goats forgot they went to the neighbor to visit the billy goat. He went out to the barn and got the feed for the goats, only to stop short when he opened their door and nobody was there! He said he thought of it that they were awfully quiet this morning. They usually baa as soon as they hear the lid of the feed barrel open.

I'm tired tonight. I did take a little nap today, until the phone rang!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's cute about the goats, manna! What store are you referring to?

AK .. I bet you have a salicylate sensitivity. I get neck pain and the head exploding too. [Frown]
It definitely keeps me away from that stuff.

See you guys tomorrow. I hope LP is OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lymetoo, there's a little country store where two of our children have jobs. The person who was baking for the store is quitting.

We had snow flurries this morning! I'm not ready for snow yet. So many things to do yet. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow again.

Need to get some of our canned food jars in the house under the beds and in the bottom of closets to keep them from freezing. Don't have time to get an outside cold cellar ready this year.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh, that's great!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--I had a good chuckle at the goat story. I love where you store your canned goods. My parents, when they moved to the retirement center and had little space, put their wine bottles under the bed. [Big Grin]

Ran a few errands this morning. Filled the car with gas. Got some Christmas cards at Dollar General and plan to take some to my mom next week assuming her MD appointment is still on. She doesn't drive and can't get around a store well with her walker.

Did my balance exercises.

Sunny and 43 with slight winds, so I went for a walk. Now clouding over and wind will pick up for several days. I wore my covid mask along with my winter jacket, cap, and gloves just to keep my face warmer. (and in case I come across anyone to chat with during my walk) My hands and ears get cold so easily.

Am going to go read my John Grisham book. Long but very good. It's called A Time for Mercy.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I had a good laugh watching the goat story play out! Hubby asked him about it when he came back in... well, he says, I had to be sure the spiders were okay over there!

He did need to go out to feed the cats & the dog, so it wasn't a waste of time to walk out there.

Finished my studying and took my test. I passed! So we started mixing and baking. I have 4 big loaves and 1 tiny loaf of bread in the oven. There is a batch in the bread machine. I also did one batch of Butterhorns earlier.

Daughter mixed up a batch of chocolate chip cookies using her sister's recipe. When sis got home from work she wondered why they look funny? She accidently used the whole wheat flour instead of the all purpose flour. So we get to eat those! Happy people at this house!

The girls will mix up and bake another batch this evening using the right flour.

Hubby worked at getting his home based business set up again this morning. Tried to figure out why the furnace wasn't coming on when the thermostat called for heat. It all of a sudden decided to start working and has been functioning ever since! Now he went up to work at the bathroom again, taking the boys along to help.

Talked with my Sis-in-law awhile this afternoon. And a friend called this morning.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Woke up early around 6:30. Did 2 loads of laundry, dropped off a package at the post office, picked up a couple items at the health food store and stopped at the grocery store to get the few items I didn't get yesterday.

Since I was feeling better and was on a roll dusted the living and dining rooms and vacuumed the house. Now less to clean in preparation for TDay!

Manna all your baking is making me hungry! I love fresh bread and cookies. Cookies are my kryptonite! Hoping all the home businesses are super successful!

TuTu I'm so glad I feel better! Wish I could figure out a long term fix for my neck. It's been like this off and on since I had a really bad car accident when I was 22. Having 3 more car accidents sure hasn't helped my poor neck!

Hiker great idea about using masks as a face warmer! I wear one in the house all the time now since the mold issue. In fact I just got a new one from Amazon. It's my sleeping mask until my other one dries. I wear KN95's when I go out. They kinda look like a duck bill but they're very comfy since they don't sit on your nose or mouth and people can hear you better when you speak.

Well...I'm watching the news and will try to read a bit more of my book before bed. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my knee exercises.

Have been getting my toxic heavy leg feeling ever since I got back from the week of my dad's funeral. Usually after a chiropractic adjustment it goes away in a few days. It went away yesterday afternoon and returned this afternoon. Sigh.

Talked to my mom.

Paid some bills. Car insurance went way down due to less driving due to Covid. That is the only positive thing I have to say about this nasty pandemic.

Wrapped some special tree tape around my tree that had borers this spring. Supposed to protect the bark from the winter wind damage so insects don't get in. I think the tree is a goner, though.

Speaking of wind, very windy today and wind advisory tomorrow with 50 mph winds again. Never experienced such a windy year.

All the leaves that have been raked to the curb for the town to suck up with their vacuums will soon be all over the yard again along with my neighbor's leaves. My fence catches them all.

I stayed up late last night to finish the John Grisham book. Now on to another novel. [Smile]

Sunsets here have been gorgeous lately!😃

[ 11-18-2020, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Got up early again! Felt better so called the AC folks again to come and check the duct work they installed recently. We have some kind of noise and vibration coming from under the house. Hope they fixed it this time.

Had plenty of time to mop the kitchen and bathroom. My shoes came in today that I had ordered from Amazon. They were too big so dropped them off at the nearby UPS for it to be returned. Later ordered another pair a half size smaller.

Still haven't heard about the windows being replaced so might have to give our fixit guy a call.

Hiker my insurance went down $13 a month, not a big savings but I'll take it nonetheless. Chuckled when I read that you stayed up late to finish your book. Hate to say it but it's one of the many symptoms of being a readaholic. I think they have 12 step meetings that'll help. LOL! Honestly I'm guilty of the same thing! Sometimes a book is just to good to put down!

Well back to my TV. Josh is here and he's doing some planning and maybe grading. I invited him for an easy peasy hump day dinner of open-faced roast beef sandwiches and green beans.

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How do you get your insurance to lower the price? Ours went UP in March or April right after the lock down. Go figure!

Then it went back down .. like $2

Still at the same level. How do they know how much any of us are driving?

Hiker .. We will have strong winds tomorrow. Gusts up to 50 or more. Unusual for us. So I guess you are in for more of that soon.

AK .. Glad you were able to order the size that should fit! And I'm very happy you are feeling better! Hope that keeps up!

We had Bible study this afternoon, so we finished the book of James. It was really good. We won't begin another study until January.

The weather was nice today .. upper 60's and sunny. I went upstairs in short sleeves. Her condo is always warm, so I have to dress for warm.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--My insurance is with State Farm. They were one of the companies that said they were lowering the insurance costs because they have had fewer claims. I didn't even have to ask.

Very windy today--wind gusts of 40-50 mph. So, I didn't do much outside.

Had Bible study via Zoom this morning.

Did my balance exercises.

Am reading as usual in late afternoon.

Porkchops for dinner. I really need to get to the grocery store tomorrow and then not go again until after Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, Hiker. We have GEICO.

We had a church council meeting late morning, then stopped by to get the "containers" to put the shoeboxes in.

We were asked to box them ourselves. They probably weigh about 30 lbs each .. or more when filled.

We should be able to get 15-16 shoeboxes in each container.

I also managed to go to Menard's and Walmart.

That's my exercise!!

[ 11-19-2020, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Today Hubby & the boys got all the water & drain pipes changed and hooked up again. We were without running water most of the day till they got it finished.

I brought some boxes of canned goods in and started organizing them under our bed. The jelly on my side, the salsa at the foot end and the relish & pickles on his side.

This afternoon Daughter & I went out and planted the baby trees I started from seed. Peaches, apple - red & yellow delicious, & cortland, a bartlett pear, 1 each of red & yellow cherries.

Then we also planted 3 Everbearing strawberry plants, two azaleas, a dogwood, 2 hawthorns and one other tree that we don't know the name of. These we didn't start from seed.

The girls put shelves up in their bedroom and are getting things organized and decorated. They used old wooden bed frame sides as shelves. Its an old solid piece of wood. Looks very nice!

Need to go sort through the coats in boxes and get out the ones we need. It is getting cold! This morning there was a coating of ice on the pond! Which melted away once the sun shone on it.

I'm tired tonight! Wonder why??

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Finally heard from our fixit guy about the windows. He subcontracts so the window guys can't get here until December. Don't have a solid date yet.

My little Mom was feeling well enough to go out so we went to Joann fabrics to get some elastic for masks and I picked up some Christmas themed small dinner paper plates, dessert plates and napkins for Christmas eve.

We also drove across the river into Alabama and went to the German store and delicatessen. Fun to see all the different foods and knick knacks. My Mom bought head cheese and I picked up some gooseberry preserves and a slice of Christmas cake. They also make fresh bread so that's on our list for our next trip.

I dropped Mom off at home and I continued on to do a bit of Christmas shopping at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

TuTu I see you were running errands today too! Hope you didn't overdo with all the lifting.

Hiker I think I'm done with all my pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping. I'm cooking more than usual this year since we're staying home and not going to my brother's. My Mom's PA said for us to stay home so just Josh is joining us and we'll still sit at least 6 feet apart and wear masks except while eating and drinking.

Manna I bet you're tired! That's a lot of work for one day! Very exciting to read what you all planted today! The only tree I used to have was a fig tree. Nothing compares to fresh out of the garden or off the tree fruits and veggies.

Off to watch some TV. Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds like AK and Manna had a super day!!

Speaking of food for Thanksgiving, I better finish up!

I have bought some cranberry sauce and a turkey breast so far. I can't decide if I'll make sweet potatoes or not because they are so high in salicylates and oxalates. Sigh.

I can make a cherry cheesecake pie for dessert. I love pumpkin but it makes me feel ill.

I suppose hubby would like to have potatoes. (or maybe some mac and cheese?)

I'll also make some gravy from scratch.

We will take the shoeboxes to the collection center this afternoon. It's only a mile from our church.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I went grocery shopping this morning. I was concentrating on not forgetting a few items a friend asked me to pick up that I forgot a few items of my own. And I had them written down. [bonk]

However, I don’t plan to return to the store before Thanksgiving. Over 94% of hospital beds are full in our community and I am taking covid very seriously.

Dropped off items at my friend’s doorstep and then went to the library.

Beautiful day out today—60 and sunny!

I raked a few leaves in the backyard and set them at the curb in front. Hope the town leaf vacuum comes soon, but rain is coming the next few days and they can’t suck up wet leaves.

Did my knee exercises.

Made a meatloaf and put in the freezer.

Napped for about 30 minutes.

Tutu and AK—you have been the errand queens. I have no idea what I am making myself for Thanksgiving dinner. I did splurge and buy shrimp today and medjool dates and sharp cheddar cheese.

So, I may I have an appetizer type of Thanksgiving. Or I may cook a chicken breast and I have cranberries in the freezer to make into sauce. I always have plenty of veggies on hand. Also have a pint of chocolate caramel ice cream. (If it lasts that long 🤣).

Cheese cake sounds good, Lymetoo. I love sweet potatoes but Grocery was out of sweet potatoes today.. 😕

Manna—you deserve a rest!!

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Today I baked 9 loaves of bread and they all turned out nice! My daughter mixed up 3 kinds of cookies. She has the chocolate chip and the peanut butter ones baked. Still has sugar cookies to bake.

Also did laundry in between baking bread. I still need to fold the wash. They moved the washer when they were working at the pipes. Now my washer is unbalanced and 'walks' during the spin cycle.

Oldest son was working at leveling it and thought it was fixed. When I went to empty the last load, its standing snugged up to the wall which was at least 8 inches away! Back to the drawing board!

Two of the children were building the stud walls for the bathroom upstairs. The one wall will have built in shelves in the room outside the bathroom.

Hubby was helping work at the bathroom today. At supper time tonight he said he's tired and won't go upstairs this evening.

My dryer is buzzing, so I better go get that load out & start folding wash.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Let's see...after making brunch for me and Mom I managed to wipe off travel grime from Mom's car and cleaned the bird poop off of mine.

Then I tackled picking up sticks and limbs from the yard.

Me, my Mom and her bestie had a take out fine dining adventure. The 3 of us ordered bone marrow with sauteed mushrooms and grilled bread appetizers. We never tried this before so it was fun. My bone marrow had a couple tiny bone chips in it (ugh) and was a bit to fatty for my tastes. My Mom didn't care for it but her bestie enjoyed hers.

Manna that's a ton of bread! Is that for the holidays or for sale? Hope you get your meandering appliances put in their place.

TuTu I love pumpkin anything! My Mom said we didn't need a pumpkin pie since Josh is baking a pecan pie. Needless to say I bought a frozen Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie and ReadyWhip. Hoping I don't react to badly from all the food.

Hiker you are not alone in the forgetting things on a list department! I thought I did great the other day until I got home and saw I forgot the syrup that was on my list. I refuse to go this weekend but I might have to get some more water. As for your TDay menu, how about doing the whole kit and kaboodle with the chicken and shrimp?

OK folks....off to read a bit!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Reminds me that I really need to wash my car. Maybe sometime this week if it warms up a bit.

I did a load of laundry and put clean sheets on the bed. Got out my warmest comforter. Probably soon I will get out flannel sheets.

I did my balance exercises. Made my usual Saturday baked fish lunch with vegetable and regular baked potato.

I did watch the Fighting Illini football game on TV. They crushed Nebraska for a change.

Starting to think about dinner. Then reading and maybe watching a chick flick.

Have a great Saturday evening! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did a few loads of laundry and then washed the bathroom carpet.

Brought some more crates of canned jars in & took the newspaper off the jars. I'll let the boys carry the jars upstairs to put under the beds.

Dusted off the top of my desk and started organizing the cookbooks on top of the filing cabinets.

The girls painted the stairway this week and today the boys put carpet on the stairs. Looks so much nicer and feels so soft going up & down the stairs!

Baked salmon for supper and had green beans & diced potatoes with browned butter on top. Ice cream & doughnuts for dessert. (the children went shopping on their way home from work)

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me and Mom both didn't get hardly any sleep. I got maybe a couple of hours but did doze off on the couch this afternoon for about an hour.

Made smoothies but Mom didn't want hers and later I made a taco run so I had tacos for lunch and saved a bean and cheese burrito for dinner. Mom had her own dinner of rice, raw tuna and fish eggs.

I had plans to get things ready for Tday but didn't have any energy so I've been a couch potato today.

Hiker you had a productive day! Your lunch sounds so delicious! Speaking of cars, I need to wash mine and clean the inside of the windows. I put an ozone machine in there the other day to get the cat smell that lingered from the wheelchair I borrowed. It kinda goobered up the windows. I've got to find something else to watch on TV. Right now I'm watching the animated movie Trolls. Sigh....

Manna you and Hiker are on the same page where fish is concerned. I use to love seafood but haven't had any for about 4 years since I reacted to shrimp and scallops. I might be OK with fish so I might give it a try one day. Nice to have the whole family pitching in with chores!

Time to get ready for bed (only 8:30) and find something else to watch on TV.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement