LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? Dec. 13, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? Dec. 13, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone!

It's been snowing here since about 10:30 this morning. It snowed the whole time during our second service. It was so pretty!

We made it home safely since the temps are still above freezing. It was a pretty drive. We aren't usually out there when it snows. At least we try really hard NOT to be out there when it snows!

We may get 3 or more inches. It's still snowing now. (has not stopped)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Your snow today reminds me to put my little shovel in my car trunk. Enjoy the beauty of the first snowfall of the season.

Ak---How is your mom doing?

I went to church but via zoom.

Did a load of laundry.

Dropped 2 books off at the library and picked up 4. Looks like I will be reading a lot over the holidays.

Talked to my mom as usual.

Off to watch the Bears beat up on the Texans in football. [Big Grin]

Have a great week!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us going this week! Believe it or not I'm envious of your snow! It's still in the upper 50's and 60's here.

Hiker my Mom ate a bit more today instead of just her one tiny meal. Josh came for Sunday dinner so I made baked pork country style ribs, boiled small potatoes, green beans and a spinach salad. I'm glad she ate! How's your Mom doing?

I broke my back upper tooth today eating a hamburger! Looks like I'm getting the cost of a dental visit for Christmas. Darn!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. I'm glad your mom is feeling better, but I'm so sorry to hear about the danged tooth!!!!

Most of us here enjoyed the snow. We haven't had very much in a long time. We've been getting about 2-3 inches a year. Our last big snow was about 7 years ago.

So I think we got 3-4 inches, but a lot of it melted during the day since it was about 33 all day. It snowed all day long.

We still have some on the ground, but I'll be able to go to the store later. The streets look fine and it's 35 now.

I got my Christmas letter finished, but my printer isn't working. I'm going to send it to the UPS store and have them print it out.

(I've done that before and it works well.) Now if I can just figure out how to get the address labels done. I'll talk to them about that. If I can't get help on that, it will take me lots of time and plenty of pain. UGH.

Yesterday I had the privilege of giving the sermon at church. I was able to share a sermon that my husband's sister wrote and also delivered at their home church in Texas.

Their church lost their Pastor about 2 months ago and she has been leading the worship there.

(Our Pastor took a Sunday off.)

Well, I'm off to get something done around here!!!

Have a good day!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--What a bummer about your tooth. I hate the dentist (and their prices)!

Tutu--I had my Christmas letter printed at a local shop, but I did address the envelopes myself. Does take awhile.

I am impressed that you give sermons at church!

I did my knee exercises this morning.

Went to grocery store to stock up on staples and will go back for produce etc. later in the week.

I went to the functional chiropractor this afternoon. I have had too many sinus headaches and felt toxic for quite awhile. Surprisingly he said to continue the generic flonase.

He also said to avoid dairy, which I usually do except for an occasional pizza or burrito bowl. I was planning on buying Havarti cheese for a Christmas treat, but may not now.

He also said to avoid olive oil and of course, I bought olive oil and olive oil mayo at the grocery today. Finally he said to avoid isopropyl alcohol. I bet I have been using the alcohol sanitizer so much I am now sensitive to it. Grr.

Of course, he sold me a homeopathic to help with the allergen/sinus issue, but he also was able to take one homeopathic solution away. I am sure I have other allergies, but he just did a quick energy check on a few things.

Time to take the garbage down to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hmm.. Why the olive oil? I can't use it (salicylates) but was wondering what he said about it. Alcohol too. Very interesting. That is also a phenol, which I TRY to avoid.

Giving sermons is fun .. but writing them is quite a task! I won't say "chore" because it's a blessing, but it takes a lot of research to do it right. The Holy Spirit has to be involved, for sure!

Ran errands today .. now I'm pooped. Had to get all the ice/snow off the car. At least it's ready for tomorrow.

I have to see my allergist/MCAS doctor. Have not seen him for a year now.

Gotta run for now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up early so showered and got ready for the day. Picked up BK for breakfast for me and Mom and after eating I headed out to gas up her car.

From there I shopped at the commissary and was able to get almost everything on my grocery list. After going home and putting away groceries ran to another grocery store and picked up the few remaining items.

TuTu I'm with Hiker about being impressed with giving the sermon. I see my allergist once a year also unless I'm having anaphylaxis problems. He can't wait for me to either get health insurance or get on Medicare so he can do more testing. Sigh....either way it sounds expensive!

Hiker I see we both did some grocery shopping and took trash to the curb. Interesting to hear about your functional chiro appointment. When I went to one he told me no nightshades, wheat or dairy. I had to keep a food and drink journal so he could intuitively know if I had issues with anything I was eating. Amazing stuff! Let me know if the homeo works for your sinuses.

I'm beat so off to bed!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You guys can't stay ahead of me.

I TOOK OUT THE TRASH TOO!!

[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the slop out to the chickens.. does that count?? LOL!

Finally back online after the internet crashed a week ago.

Baked bread yesterday and did laundry.

This morning the boys went out side to clean up before the snowstorm. Burned a bunch of trash again. We have a 55 gal drum that we can burn trash in.

The boys put a rod up in my laundry. Now I can store the empty hangers on there and they are right there when I pull the dry shirts & dresses out of the dryer.

Got 2 more boxes emptied!

Finished up my Christmas letter and got most of them sent. Have 5 more that I need to find the addresses for.

My brother called - gabbed for an hour with him!

Now, off to read all the things I missed while off line!

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Sounds like you are getting your place fixed up slowly but surely. How is the bath remodeling coming?

I did my knee exercises.

Rode the exercise bike a bit.

Went to get my haircut. It has been 10 weeks which for me is a long time since my hair is so short. The salon gal commented on the amount of hair I left on the floor and I commented that now I was cold, because my hair is so short! [Big Grin]

I have another headache today. Hmm. Will keep trying the new homeopathic and hope it helps eventually.

Off to read a bit.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were putting up the drywall again today. I think they are soon ready to put the spackling up.

They had to move the toilet to put up the drywall on that wall. So the water was turned off for a little while this afternoon.

Supposed to be getting 4 - 7 inches of snow tomorrow.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, Manna, that definitely counts!!!

Hiker .. I know what you mean about being cold from a haircut! Believe it or not, I'm letting mine grow.

Longer hair bothers me, but now it feels OK. It's just a short page boy right now.

Sounds like good progress on the bathroom, Manna!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed, ran a couple errands for Mom and picked up some 1/16 drill bits that I need to hang the new blinds. I'll get to that hopefully tomorrow.

TuTu we have the same trash day! I wish I had enough hair to grow out. I'm cutting my own hair and I'm going for the Twiggy look, which is longer than mine believe it or not! So I'm letting the top grow out but it looks so thin and flat! Needless to say, I've been resorting to hats.

Manna you had me chuckling away about slopping the chickens! You guys are just plugging away getting your new digs fixed up. I look around the house and outside and just keep finding things to add to my ever lengthening chore list....sigh!

Hiker I think once I move back into my room I might break out the old Buns of Steel DVDs, my workout mat and light weights. I've lost so much muscle from fasting! With all the work around the house and outside I need more muscle. Kudos on biking!

Well....off to bed! Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--When do you get the new windows for your room?

I did my knee exercises. And rode the exercise bike.

It snowed last night, so I cleared the drive. Enough snow that I wanted the drive and walk cleared but not enough to hire someone. When it snows more I will hire a young man so my shoulder doesn't go crazy.

As usual I talked to my mom.

Took a short nap.

Cleaned out a few drawers in the bathroom. Didn't get rid of much but realized I had more eyedrops, lotion, bandaids etc. then I realized.

Decided not to take Flonase for awhile even though the functional chiropractor said it was okay. It does help clear my nasal passages, but I still think it makes me toxic and contributes to my headaches. Think I will take a month off and re-evaluate. Will use my saline rinse, though.

Off to read and then grill a pork chop and have broccoli and a salad for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. my trash day is whenever I decide to have one. We have a dumpster down the hill. There is also one I can walk upstairs to, but it's a pain because it has a gate latch to it. (It's enclosed with a wooden fence.)

Hiker .. I hope the headaches go away soon. It's awful to react to stuff all the time.

I need to get busy on my Christmas cards now. I was pretty excited when the print store was able to copy and run the addresses onto my print labels. Whoop! No painful hands this year!

We only had about 3 inches of snow on Sunday, but we still have some on the ground and on the trees. I think the high today was 36 and that was only for an hour or two.

I hope Manna will stay warm tonight!! Bundle up!

Thinking of LP too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Mom had trouble with her landline phones so off I went to Best Buy to buy new phones. While googling to see the reviews on a couple phones I was looking at, batteries were mentioned in one review and bingo, a light went on over my head.

So I rushed home and switched one phones battery with the one that wasn't working at all and it worked fine! So off I went again to the battery store to pick up 2 batteries. They were $11.99 a piece, which is pricey but still cheaper than new phones. Yay!

Waited for Josh to get off of work and we went and voted early today. To celebrate we went through the drive thru and picked up....you guessed it, tacos!

We ate at his house and I watched Netflix while he graded papers. Home early and hopefully will get to bed soon so I can get up in the morning.

Hiker the carpenter is coming in the morning to take out the old windows and frame in and board up 1 window in my room and my Mom's room. The glass guy won't be available until January. As long as they remove the moldy wood, I'm fine with waiting. Hope you get some relief from the headaches. I had some doozies lately but think the magnets, pain and muscle relaxer meds helped.

TuTu I wish we had a trash set up like yours. We used to have a 2 day pick up a week but they cut it down to once a week awhile back. Glad to hear you don't have to hand write all the addresses on your Christmas cards.

Hope Manna and LP stay snug and warm!

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

We had the our last Bible study of the year via Zoom and finished up the book of Esther. We will start again in midJanuary.

I did my balance exercises and rode the exercise bike.

A friend dropped off a Christmas gift. She made me a mask (because you can never have too many) and she left an opening where she inserted a surgical mask for extra protection. She also made an elastic necklace with little grips to hang the mask around your neck. That way I can have it with me when I go out and put it on quickly.

She also used yarn to knit a holder for my cell phone and earbuds that goes over your neck. Handy if you are like me and don’t often carry a purse. She uses it at home to listen to music or chat while doing other tasks. My glasses case fits in there perfectly, too.

Gabbed with my brother.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Sorted through more boxes today. Finding places for things. Put the canned food away in the last 2 banana boxes still setting in the kitchen. The under bed spaces are filling up.

Did a couple loads of laundry.

Hubby & the boys are working on 'mudding' the bathroom.

We got about 2 - 4 inches of snow. It rained most of the day yesterday and only turned to snow after the children came home from work. They did come home early, so they were home before dark.

Today the boys took their sleds up the hill and tried sledding. It went pretty good for them. One run one of the boys nearly hit the shed. He had his camera on taking a video as he went.

Our temps were a high of 35 today, so the snow was slowly melting. Supposed to be a low of 28 tonight & tomorrow a high of 34. We had no wind, so its not bad.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Busy day of picking up packages for my neighbor a couple times at their house across the street. They weren't home and asked if I would keep them until they got home.

Carpenter arrived around 10:30 and stayed until almost 6:00. No more moldy wood or windows, yay! Windows are framed in but glass won't be ready until January so he boarded them up nice and snug.

I spent a couple hours cleaning walls, baseboards, vacuuming and wiping things down. I ordered an ionizer again! The expensive air purifier/ionizer/UV light that I ordered recently doesn't seem to have that clean, after rain smell that ionizers emit.

Someone with mast cell issues gave a great review for the one I just ordered, so keep your fingers crossed! I hope this one will work!

Hiker glad to hear you're able to ride the bike, so your knee is OK? You have a great friend to drop off such a thoughtful and wonderful gift!

Manna the sledding sounds wonderful! I miss the beauty of a cold, crisp white winter. Believe it or not it's getting in the 20's tonight and back into the 50's tomorrow!

Back to watching Patrick Stewart in A Christmas Carol.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--I gave away my old Flexible flyer sled last year. I loved sledding! Not many hills where I live, though.

Ak--I bet you can't wait to get the new windows.

I went to the grocery store this morning to stock up for Christmas. I will have my main meal at noon and then snacks like I did for Thanksgiving. So, I bought shrimp, Havarti cheese, nuts, chips and salsa to go with the smoked oysters and wine.

Will probably use part of the snacks at Xmas and some again New Year's Eve. I neglected to buy chocolate. Rats. My students used to bring me tons at Xmas, but since I have been retired I don't get the good Fanny May anymore. [Wink]

Made a quick trip to the bank.

Did a load of laundry.

Talked with mom. One of her 2 cordless phones isn't working, but I think the battery just ran down. But if it isn't working tomorrow I will get her a new one. I try to get her to rotate phones during the day as she puts it on the table beside where she is sitting, so she doesn't have to grab her walker and make a mad dash for the phone when it rings.

I did my knee exercises.

Made a meatloaf (I do this every 2 weeks) and froze half.

I had better go hide the chips and salsa so I don't devour them tonight. [Big Grin]

[ 12-18-2020, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took Mom to her Medicare wellness checkup this afternoon. Washed my bedding and aired out my crocheted blanket.

Going to try and sleep in my room tonight so puttered around cleaning up a bit but not quite done.

Mom and I went to visit her BFF. I made a batch of horseradish cream to go with the prime rib she's roasting on Sunday for her family. She loved it!

Hiker I googled Fanny May's, now I want to try them. Your Christmas hor's d'oeuvres sound delicious and elegant. We do something similar on Christmas Eve and Christmas day I roast a prime rib. I'm going to make a broccoli cheese souffle, baked potatoes and store bought yeast rolls. I'll make horseradish cream and au jus for the prime rib too. Josh is picking up Creme Brulee for dessert. Funny how your Mom's phone battery is going wonky at the same time as my Mom's. Good luck with chip wars!

Back to Ancient Aliens!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It just occurred to me that I have to figure something out for Christmas dinner. I'm not used to this!!

I better get busy shopping for that. I think I will at least go find another turkey breast. I hope they aren't all gone.

hmm.. Fanny May .. mortgage plan for homes. LOL.

I don't think we will have a white Christmas. Oh well, why start something new. [Smile]

Got all the Christmas cards done .. a few more to put in the mail and some to do for church friends. I may send some to shut-ins.

Have a good day, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Typical Saturday here.

I did a load of laundry.

Did my balance exercises.

After I called mom, I made a cup of hot chocolate and read most of the afternoon.

Game night with church via Zoom this evening. Then will watch the last Illini football game of the year.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hmm... games on Zoom?

Which ones??

I got my turkey breast!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Relaxing day with Mom. I did venture out for water at my fav grocery store which was stressful because they were jam packed! Rewarded myself with a pizza and now watching TV.

TuTu glad you were able to find a turkey breast and get those cards out. I've been making Christmas dinner for awhile now. Not to much work though for just 3 people.

Hiker I just read about your hot chocolate and now have a cup myself! What kind of games do you all play on Zoom? I forgot I bought some new puzzles at the thrift market and think I might start working on one. I enlist the aid of my Mom and that way we both enjoy it!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement