LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? December 20, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? December 20, 2020
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone!!

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

It was cold here this morning with fog, but now it's gorgeous! It's currently 54 and sunny.

We had more church members than usual this morning. It's nice to see a few more people. The sanctuary is beautiful as we add new pieces to our nativity set each week.

Hope you have a great day!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m sitting in the parking lot at the library waiting for books on hold. They will just stick them in my trunk.

I went to church via zoom this morning. Last night it turns out we didn’t play any games on zoom. We just chatted. I read about a neat way to do a scavenger hunt on zoom though.

I did a load of laundry and most of it is on the drying rack in the basement.

I will call my mom when I get home from the library and then I will probably watch some TV and read.

I can’t believe Christmas is so close. Have a great week everyone!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again TuTu for getting us going for the week. The only thing I've been exercising lately is lifting fork, knife, spoon and chopsticks! Oh boy...holidays are adding on the pounds! I better enjoy it while I can.

Hiker my niece was here from Florida and bought me a book, puzzle and a lacey shawl for Christmas so looks like I have something to read and an awesome wolf puzzle to put together!

I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner too! We're getting into the Christmas spirit since we opened some gifts tonight.

I'm watching the Sound of Music, one of my favs, and so glad it's on during Christmas time. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I slept in and had a pretty lazy day.

I did manage to do my knee exercises.

Paid a few bills.

Talked to my brother.

Sunny out today but 45 mph winds kept me in except to get the mail.

Guess I will haul the garbage down to the curb soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took Mom to PT then we went to our fav local thrift mall and walked around for over an hour. Bought a new timer for my Christmas lights and hope it'll work. It's digital so hope it works better than the one that lasted 4 days. It comes on automatically but won't shut off. Grrrr....

Josh came by for dinner. Mom sprung for Outback. Josh's Dad called while we were eating to let him know that one of his co-workers tested positive for Covid. They (Josh's Dad and sister) just left his house this morning.

I hope and pray we don't get Covid for Christmas! Or any time! I started us on Zinc and C. Oh Lord.....

[shake]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises.

Went to chiropractor and am taking it easy for the rest of the day to hold the adjustment.

Called my mom's physical therapist for update and then called mom. She is getting so forgetful and it makes me sad. There is an employee on her side of the retirement home (independent living) who just tested positive for covid. Hope it does not spread.

Mom has had 10 covid tests and her one from yesterday was again negative, thank God! Lately they have been testing every week.

I plan to go out again after sunset to look at the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. They won't be as close as last night but still should be a good view.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent 25 loaves of bread along to the store today. Daughter said one customer said the bread has the taste and texture of the bread her husband's Italian grandma made.

Got most of the laundry done today. Still have a few loads to finish up tomorrow.

Daughter made a few Christmas candies tonight. She has 2 or 3 more kinds she wants to try.

Looking forward to celebrating Christmas in our own house this year! Our married son & his wife will be coming after Christmas & spending New Years with us. Her family gets Christmas this year. So we will have Christmas dinner twice!

We'll have our own Christmas dinner on Christmas day and then have another dinner when our son & wife get here. We are waiting to open gifts till they come, as they'd like to be along for that.

I have the ham loaf defrosting in the fridge. Tomorrow I want to shape the ham balls for both meals. Trying to decide if I should bake them right away or refreeze until we want them & bake them then.

Its been cloudy, rainy and snow showery for most of the past week. Ready to see sunshine again.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Mom and I did a bit of grocery shopping and also shopped at the PX. Bought Josh some Emergen-C Immune+ until his zinc comes in from Amazon.

He feels sicker today so I drop items off at the door and he waits until I leave to pick anything up.

We might be postponing Christmas if he doesn't get better.

Hiker I hope and pray your Mom is going to be safe! BTW, I didn't realize you can still view the two planets! I'll have to check that out myself! Might have to drive to get out of the city lights to see anything.

Manna that's a whole lot of bread! You're having 2 Christmases and we might be combining Christmas and New Years. My nephew already came up with a snappy Hallowgivemas, combining Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now he'll have to come up with something new.

Sigh....darn Covid!

Gonna have to have a plan B for me and Mom for Christmas....maybe a pajama party, snacks and Christmas movies! 🎄🎅

Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Praying your nephew does not have Covid and that you and your mom have not been exposed!

A friend's mom died of covid today--she was in a nursing facility here in town. [Frown]

I did my knee exercises.

Made some gluten free muffins to have tomorrow and on Christmas and froze the rest.

Talked to mom.

My BFF brought over 4 small bottles of champagne. She knows my family traditionally has champagne on Christmas day. Very sweet of her.

She said she would bring me ham and other food tomorrow! What a pal!

We were going to eat lunch outside today since it is 50 today but the 50 mph wind gusts prevented that. I had to hold on to the porch railing while we socially distanced and chatted. Wind advisory until tomorrow morning with temps dropping and wind chills below zero.

I plan to read the rest of the afternoon and then watch Illini Basketball tonight. They play Penn State and my dad taught at Penn State before teaching at University of Illinois.

Have a good evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH dang, AK! I hope you and your mom are safe and that Josh gets well very very soon!

AK .. I also read that you should cut back on carbs and sweets if you get sick. (should anyway, but you know!!)

Hubby and I are taking zinc and Vit D to help prevent COVID and will add melatonin and ivermectin if we get it. We already have some ivermectin, thanks to our Dr.

Manna .. that's a lot of loaves! I can just taste it!! My dad was a baker during WWII and he made great bread.

Hiker .. Hope your mom can avoid COVID too. Maybe they will give her a vaccine soon?

We are scheduled to go to Texas next week, but I'm getting nervous about it.

Our Christmas Eve service will be tomorrow at 1 pm. We will be socially distanced, as usual.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

More info on ivermectin can be found on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8SXOBy-4w&t=43s

https://ivmmeta.com/?fbclid=IwAR2lKVt1msR-crncQB0TQ8_R6bsfDmQyXf7--ntWn2szEYluJ4gJXusz3w8

[ 12-23-2020, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. So awful.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had sunshine today after a week of cloudy weather. So wonderful to see the sun shining! It had started clouding over this evening. We have a snow storm warning from Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon. 4-6 inches. Sounds like a white Christmas!

Got the laundry all washed, dried and folded. Washed the carpet in the entry way. It was quite dirty! Want to wash the bathroom carpet also.

Went to the bank this afternoon along with hubby and one son. Did a little shopping too. Needed some parts at the hardware store. Stopped at the grocery store for more water.

The boys helped work at the bathroom this evening. Its getting nearer to the finish line. Takes longer to do than you think it will.

Daughter washed the kitchen floor while we were out this afternoon. Also dusted and organized 1 cupboard. So neat!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Made a late breakfast and cleaned up afterwards. Mom made a Japanese soup for dinner and I took some over to Josh.

Thanks to a friend's suggestion I bought Josh a pulse oximeter to check his oxygen levels and ran that over with the soup.

He's running a fever today.

Manna I think your clouds came south. Too cloudy today to see any planets darn it! Raining tonight and tomorrow followed by freezing temperatures. We might have some black ice so I'm staying home.

TuTu thanks for the well wishes and tips! Will check out the link you provided. Nervous about the weather for upcoming travel plans, Covid or both? Stay safe!

Hiker you have an amazing BFF! I'm sorry about your friend's Mom passing away. Thank you for the prayers. I was so worried about Josh today that I cried after dropping off his soup and oximeter.

Well, it's almost Christmas eve and even though we have to resort to plan B this year, like many others we're going to celebrate the best we can.

Night my friends!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Christmas Eve!

I did more exercise with my lips gabbing on the phone today then with the rest of my body. Long chat with mom, my brother, my aunt, and 2 long time family friends.

I cooked a chicken breast and made some cranberry sauce to go with the zucchini I have.

I did my balance exercises.

Christmas carols via zoom and then church service this evening.

Funny thing today: A car pulled up in the driveway and sat for awhile. I finally went out and the lady said, "Oh, you must be the realtor." They had the wrong address and thought my house was for sale. I should have seen what they would offer me for it! [Big Grin]

Blessings!

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Merry Christmas Eve Hiker and all! Made some spinach balls and a liverwurst spread so Mom and I noshed on that tonight. We watched the movie Come Away that I rented from Redbox.

Very different this year. No Josh so we're not exchanging gifts until he is safe to come over. So no Christmas dinner either.

Not wanting to give up celebrating all together I'm making purple hull peas, collards and chicken and dumplings for Christmas.

Josh is feeling much better and was able to get all his grading and lesson plans completed freeing him up for the rest of Christmas break.

Hiker the Christmas carols sounded fun! I sure do miss going house to house caroling away! Always enjoyed treats and cocoa later.

Christmas day is almost here! See you all then!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Merry Christmas Eve (and Christmas!) to everyone!!

I made the cherry cheesecake pie today after our Christmas Eve service. The service was at 1 pm. We had about 30 people there.

It was nice, but so odd compared to the usual. Having it in the daytime made the "candlelight" service a little strange!

Still, we were all happy to be there. We had a 5 yr old boy bring the Baby Jesus to the front. He did a great job and was so cute!

PS .. We used little flashlights instead of candles and everyone took those home with them.

So .. I need to get busy and make macaroni and cheese tomorrow morning and then cook the turkey breast. I'm just not as excited about doing it like I was at Thanksgiving.

I have the Christmas Covid blues like everyone else!!

AK .. I sure hope Josh will be OK. One of my OCC friends in SC has a very sick husband. He went to the ER and was there all day yesterday, but they sent him home. He's in his 60's.

Yes, I'm getting nervous about driving to Texas and about Covid. I'm about to chicken out, but I know when it's all said and done we will probably go.

Cute story on the house, hiker!

nite, nite !!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Merry Christmas! 🎄

I took the day off from exercising.

I talked to my mom and brother this morning.

Opened my Xmas presents. My brother gave me two 1,000 piece Jigsaw puzzles, so AK, please come help me put them together. He also gave me a Wild Bird Unlimited gift card.

Took a short nap this afternoon.

Went outside. Brr. Only 10 degrees. I did take a drive and then dropped books off at the book drop at the public library.

My BFF is bringing ham and other food later this afternoon, but I will probably save it for tomorrow.

I will finish my snacks and appetizers tonight and have a glass of champagne,

Meanwhile I am reading and watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Had our own family Christmas dinner today with the leftovers heated up for supper.

Had a beautiful white Christmas! Snow started around 8 last evening and its been snowing ever since. Looks like about 5 inches on the gazebo roof.

The children went out sledding for awhile. Had fun but the snow was rather fluffy and it didn't go so well. They said the first few times down filled the sleds with snow.

Gabbed awhile with my SIL.

We're waiting to open gifts till our son & his wife get here on Mon.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds pretty, Manna!!

Hiker .. I hear ya. It was 17 here last night. Managed to get to 30 or so, but I didn't go out except to take the trash.

I was afraid our dumpsters would fill up rather quickly since it's Christmas. The one I used was pretty empty. (they dump them on Tuesdays) .. so then I realized maybe it won't be like usual because people aren't having parties and guests.

See you guys tomorrow!!

Merry Christmas!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Merry Christmas everyone! Made the peas (slightly burnt) and collards. Mom made the chicken and dumplings. I dropped some off to Josh and we ate together via Facebook messenger (like Zoom). Believe it or not it was great! My Mom was so happy to see Josh.

Later before black ice warnings started at 7:00 p.m. I dropped off my brother and his family's gifts. Made it home with 8 minutes to spare! Whew!

Me and Mom aren't opening gifts until we get together with Josh. Might be the first week of January. We've decided to do our Christmas eve that day and open gifts and have our usual hors d'oeuvres. Skipping Christmas and New Year's dinners this time.

Hiker put me down for the puzzle marathon! Mine is a 1,000 piece too! Hope you enjoyed your movies!

Manna sounds like a relaxed Christmas, especially heating up leftovers. My nephew Josh took out his frozen Thanksgiving leftovers. Even when we get together for Christmas dinner I don't cook as much as I used too, thank goodness!

TuTu Josh's symptoms change. It's so weird! Now he can't really taste of smell anything and looking on the bright side says he's lost some weight! Who loses weight during the holidays? We are very happy though that he's not as sick as he was. Be careful travelling! We're still taking zinc and C every day!

Christmas hugs and see everyone tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

AK, what brand of zinc and how much? We take extra c already, but haven't had zinc.
hiker53
Member # 6046

MannaMe—I use Metagenics Zinc AG. 1-2 tablets daily. I think each tablet is 20 mg which is 182% of daily allowance. I have taken it since the start of Lyme.

I also take 2000-3000 IU of vitamin D per day to help ward off covid. It also reduces reoccurrences of positional vertigo.

AK—Glad Josh is better. Hope he recovers quickly.

I did 2 loads of laundry today.

I decided to start up my shoulder exercises again. Just 3 or 4 exercises 3 times a week.

It was sunny and no wind today so went for a short walk

Am going to enjoy the food my friend brought me tonight. Ham, sweet potato casserole, and some sort of spiced fruit concoction that needs to be cooked. Enough for 2 meals.

Time to watch Illini basketball and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

One warning .. be sure to take Vit K2 with any D3.

Zinc .. keep it low. It can deplete copper and then you will have a real mess. We keep ours at 25mg or less. I have the Puritan's Pride brand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it! Lost my post!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manna we're taking Premier Research Lab's Liquid Zinc Assay 1 teaspoon mixed with EmergenC once a day.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hiker Josh's Dad's Covid results came in today and are positive as we suspected. We won't be getting together until maybe the first week in January.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

TuTu thanks for the vitamin suggestions!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. So sorry to hear about Josh's dad. Is he doing OK?

PS on the zinc .. Taking too much can cause depression. (due to copper depletion)

Wow...just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuxjNTHHX0Y

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement