LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? Mar 14, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? Mar 14, 2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi and welcome to the exercise thread! We like to post just about any activity to keep each other motivated to be as active as possible.

If you're doing laundry, vacuuming, working in the garden, walking, working out at home or the gym, etc. please post it here! We'd love to hear about it!

Here we go with another week gang!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a rough night of little sleep so up about 7:00 and made some coffee and whipped up some Hidden Valley Ranch dressing to go with the salad tonight for dinner. Also making a super easy mac and cheese, ham and broccoli casserole.

Might just take it easy today instead of working on my planters.

I've been looking online for an easy to use tiller to help amend the sand pit (yard). Planning on going to the local Co-op Extension Office tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions and handouts for soil amendment. They have a wealth of info there and are very friendly.

It's a beautiful day here but it's going to get into the 80's. I'm not ready for heat yet.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to church via zoom.

Took recycling to bins at grocery store.

Did knee exercises.

Cooked a chicken breast.

Heading to mom’s town this afternoon. Will stay in hotel. Have several appointments with mom Monday but freezing rain, sleet and high winds tomorrow here, so trying to get ahead of the lousy weather.

Happy pi day! (3.14) 🥧

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK.. hope you get more sleep tonight!! I went around and set all the clocks last night and then somehow messed up must have not turned my alarm ON! (or I turned it off during the night) Who knows??

So I got up an hour late. I made it to church in plenty of time since I had showered last night and the fact that we always go an hour early.

Had to take separate cars, though! LOL

Had frozen leftover King Ranch Chicken and then I went to WM and Home Depot. I can't find my stupid gardening trowel!!

I ALWAYS put it in the same place, but maybe it was accidentally thrown out when I cleared my deck last fall?? I have no clue!! But I LIKED my trowel.

I don't like the one I bought but it was all I could find.

I took a 2 hour nap since I was tired! Good reason, huh??

Hiker .. hope the trip goes well and the weather holds out.

pi day? Cool! One of my friends has a daughter who can recite about 150 digits of pi ..She first did that when she was about 11 or 12. She can still do it at age 15. I think she's 15.

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ice storm this morning and ice is still on the trees, but thankfully the roads were good!

Went to 4 different banks for mom--took her with me to two of them.

Helped mom organize the papers that were in her living room, dining room, bedroom, utility room. My mom used to be so organized, but that train has left the station. I am now able to get into her retirement center apartment from 9 to 4, but can only go to the apartment and cannot eat dinner with her in the dining room.

Still we ate lunch in her apartment together which is the first time since dad passed away!

I think I will be making a lot more trips in the near future despite my shoulder not wanting to drive the distance.

Need to take garbage to curb.

Have a good evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome that you finally got to eat with her at her place. YAY!

I bet you feel great getting the banking done, as well as the paper chase.

I went out to get another trowel/spade. Found a slightly better one at Menard's. I sure hope my old one shows up. I'm taking the other two back tomorrow (different stores). Crazy!!

Came home and tried to take a nap, but didn't sleep.

Spoke to my Dr this morning about my thyroid test. It was OK, but the T3 is down. My goal was to make sure I was not over-medicated as that would affect my heart.

Had some shortness of breath yesterday when I got up from my nap. I told my GP about it.

Got my car washed and it looks awesome. We have a new car wash place here, thank goodness. We used to have to drive to the nearby city to get a good car wash. This one doesn't do inside cleaning, though.

I'm off to plant the rest of my pansies!

Take care, everyone~!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I like pansies, Lymetoo. Did you get some of the deep dark purple ones? I think those are my favorite.

Baking day. I baked bread and hubby baked the cookies for daughter. She was away, but had mixed up the dough before she went.

This afternoon hubby & sonny took a wooden ramp away from the porch. It was built over the sidewalk.

Did some laundry today, but didn't get any of it folded. Tomorrow is another day!

I'm tired tonight.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Internet issues yesterday but thank goodness it's working now.

Yesterday I took Mom for her hearing appointment then we drove about 50 minutes to a Kroger grocery store in Alabama.

We had a great time shopping there, oohing and aawing about all the lower prices there than in Georgia. We might be going there at least once a month.

I don't plan on doing much today because yet again I had about 2 hours of sleep. So the plan is to take it easy.

Hiker I'm so glad to hear that you got to spend time with your Mom. I don't blame you for wanting to make it a regular thing.

TuTu hope that you'll be OK. Shortness of breath has got to be scary. I've yet to get some flowers and herbs for the planter pots this year. I need to get busy!

Manna that baking would wear me out too! It's taking me longer to recover from things than before.

Waiting for Mom to wake up now. I bought her a biscuit and gravy from Hardee's so I don't have to make anything. Think I'm just going to veg today and might start a new puzzle.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Manna .. I love those too!! I bought one or two packs of those, two of the BEAUTIFUL lavender, one yellow and one white with purple inside. I don't usually buy white.

The lavender ones are really gorgeous.

AK .. Yeah, my doctor said being short of breath while resting is not good. I just got scheduled to see the pulmonologist about the sleep study, but it won't be until March 30.

I'm still active and able to do shopping, etc. So don't worry too much!! I planted one pot of pansies last night. Had trouble with preparing the pot since I was using one from last year.

So I will get the last two in pots today. Those should be easy. I can't overdo with my back and hip problems. I don't like paying the piper.

Hope hiker is doing OK ..

Also hope AK and Manna round up more energy today!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--I always have a hard time waiting for MD appointments or tests. Praying your shortness of breath is not serious.

AK--I have always liked Kroger and glad we have several in our town. That is where I buy my organic meat and gluten free items, but not all Krogers have them.

I slept in this morning. Still getting used to time change.

Did my balance exercises.

Dragged branches that fell from the church trees into my yard (ice storm yesterday) back into their yard. They have a lot of branches down and will pick them up eventually but I didn't feel like dragging the big branches the long distance to my front curb for the city to pick up. Last year I asked the church to cut the branches that hang over into my yard, but they refused. [cussing]

Went to chiropractor.

Went to library.

Called mom and have been reading a bit.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. The church is not playing NICE!! Sounds like hard work!

Manna .. I planted the last of the pansies and remembered I had also bought a maroon color. They are pretty too!!

I went to return one of the spades. I forgot to return the other one when I went to WM. Also made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby for more felt.

I finished my Bible study for tomorrow. I was proud of myself for doing half of it on Monday. Then I worked on it after supper tonight until I finished.

We are supposed to have storms later ..maybe not bad until about 2-3 a.m.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Rainy day here.

I did my knee exercises. Worked on Bible study.

Cleaned out the twigs and leaves from the sewer grate so the rainwater doesn't back up (it's right by my mailbox)

Talked to mom and then gabbed for over 2 hours to another friend. Lip and jaw exercise today! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was nice out yesterday and today. Worked outside a little both days.

Transplanted the 3 strawberry plants and the 2 azaleas as they are in the way of the new water line coming in to the house. May have to move a few more plants too.

Gabbed with a friend this afternoon. Hadn't talked with her for awhile. Good to hear from her again.

Hubby dug up some rocks that are in the path of the new water line. Said he thinks he overdid it. Went to rest after supper. Will do a foot detox later.

Want to pack up some moonflower seeds to send to a friend. I planted some for us. They are such beautiful white flowers that open at night and smell SOOOO good!! Want to plant some outside our bedroom windows.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Been having trouble with our phones and internet so we're up and running today.

Yesterday gabbed with a friend for about 2 1/2 hours so got quite the jaw workout! LOL!

Worked a bit outside sifting the soil to get the gravel out of the 4 larger plant rectangular pots. I added gravel to add some weight to the bottom because sometimes they get blown down by strong winds. My Mom bought the kind that go on a wooden deck so they're too top heavy.

Battened down the hatches by putting things away for the bad weather that was heading our way. Everything turned out OK and no visible damage thank God!

My plan today is to go out and wash the planters and go to the hardware store to pick out some paint for them.

Hiker I have the same problem with a neighbor in regards to stuff hanging over our fence. I have to cut shrubs and limbs every year and spray the heck out of fence line with super strong brush killer. I'm slowly killing off some of the shrubs.

TuTu your flowers sound so pretty! I've only bought one little pack of Dianthus so far. I need to figure out what to get this year.

Manna those moonflowers sound absolutely enchanting! I sure could use some of the rocks you all are digging up for some of my landscaping.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, I've been failing to post how much jaw exercise I get!! lol My cousin and I can go on for hours. A short call would be an hour. [Big Grin]

My friend C is still on vacation. I did chat with her a bit yesterday. She managed to survive deep sea fishing on Wednesday. She's the one with severe masto. The storms will get to them today, so I hope they will be OK.

I'm very happy to hear that you got through the storms, AK!! They said on the news that there were no injuries and no deaths. Wow .. lots of damage!

It snowed north of us and may have snowed here briefly, but we were asleep. It's about 37 now.
All in all, we escaped the worst of things.

I'm going to go pick up my new phone in just a bit! They had to back-order it, but it came in quickly. I wanted a red one like my old one because my case is clear. It wouldn't matter what color if my case weren't clear.

We enjoyed our Bible study yesterday. Studying Galations.

I'm off for now .. have a good day, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

MannaMe--Flowers that bloom in the dark would be great. I imagine they are white?

Tutu--What phone model did you get? I am hanging on to my iphone 8 for as long as possible because it is small enough to fit into my pant's pocket.

Rainy with a bit of snow and extremely windy today. I am waiting for the rain to calm down before I wade to the mailbox.

I had Bible study this morning. We finished up Daniel and will take a 2 week break and then start Ezra. My leader loves the Old Testament but I hope we can mix in some of the New Testament this summer.

I called mom.

Did my balance exercises.

Wrote a few notes to friends to put in snail mail.

The man who has been mowing my lawn the past 3 years decided to downsize the number of clients. So, I had to find someone else. Some guys were really pricey but I found someone who is reasonable, lives close, and also helps me with fertilizing the lawn. He is a teacher and landscaping/mowing is his summer job.

Have a good evening! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

We are having our first thunderstorm of the season. It rained this morning, this afternoon the sun came out and this evening it rained again.

Bread baking day. Did 2 extra batches of white bread and 1 less of wheat bread. There were several wheat loaves coming back home.

Got a sourdough starter recipe that I want to try.

Folded and put away some of the wash from the other day.

I heard spring peepers when I opened the back door!

Hubby and the boys were digging up the ground to get ready for the new water line.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Manna .. I don't know if this is the same, but I had a moonflower once and it was a gorgeous lavender/blue. After it bloomed, that was it.

hiker . It's an iPhone 12. It's supposed to be a 5G but I can turn that off if I need to. I don't even know if we have a 5G tower here. I guess we do.

It's only slightly longer than my 6. Just as skinny. I thought I was going to be able to use my old case. NOPE. So it was all more expensive than I thought. You know the story!!

This case is pretty! It looks like dogwood flowers and the red phone shows through them.

hiker .. sorry to hear about the mower, but it sounds like you found an even better replacement!

AK .. how ya doing??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

The Moonflower is white. They are shaped sort of like the Morning Glory, only much bigger. The plant we have is a bush type, not a vine. They grow quite large and sprawly.

I planted some seeds we saved. If they germinate okay, and any of you would like some, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you some seeds. We have plenty of extras. The plants we had came back every year and the seeds would drop and start baby plants. We usually pulled them out because it was too many!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, the one I had was similar to a morning glory. Wow.

Hiker .. I was wrong about my phone. The other one was an XR. I was not a huge fan of it. I think my 6 was better than it was.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu-New phones are expensive and I am always amazed at how much a good protective case costs. Enjoy your new “toy.”

Manna- If I could eat gluten I would much rather have wheat bread than white bread. Sourdough sounds great.

I went grocery shopping this morning. Cashier didn’t have mask up. I asked manager to tell him. She told me to tell him myself. I was not rude to her but I did tell her it was her job to enforce their rules not mine. She ended up telling him and then I had to remind him again. Only one cashier open. Grr.

Did my knee exercises.

Watched NCAA basketball to see Illini route their opponent. Benefits of being retired, I guess, is that I can watch basketball at noon. [Big Grin]

Took a 40 minute nap.

Neighbor from Mennonite condos came by and we talked at a distance in my yard. I haven’t seen him since autumn.

Cleaned out leaves from the sewer by mailbox again. Then put on a new magnetic mailbox cover that has frogs and lily pads. Really cute.

Plan to have a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner and just veg on the couch reading tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! Either my internet is slow or I'm having issues with my Kindle tablet.

Had another almost sleepless night but maybe managed 3 hours before getting up at 6:23.

Josh picked me up at 8:00 and drove me the hour and fifteen minutes to my annual allergist appointment. While there I received incremental dosing of the Moderna vaccine for Covid. I did fine, thank God, and survived my first vaccine since childhood.

I go back April 19th for my second dose.

My arm is sore and plan to take it easy tomorrow but we'll see how that goes. So much wind blown trash in the yard!

Hiker I wanted pizza but Josh wanted burgers for dinner so burgers we had! That manager needs a course in customer relations!

Manna I might want to try my hand with the moonflower. I'm down in zone 8 with annual temps between 20-100 degrees. I'll PM you with my address.

TuTu your friend seems to be doing great! So glad she recovered! We didn't have to much damage from the storms just quite a bit of wind blown trash in the yard that I need to pick up. Hope you enjoy your new phone!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

What a beautiful day here. Mid 50s and sunny and no wind.

I did two loads of laundry this morning and put away my flannel sheets for the year. I am being optimistic that it will not get too cold, although I left the wool blanket on my bed with the regular sheets. I did flip the mattress before remaking the bed, too.

I did my balance exercises.

I made salmon and asparagus and sweet potato for lunch. Plan to have chili that’s been in the freezer for a while for dinner.

I vacuumed my car this afternoon. Then I cut back my five clematis plants and repaired the lattice that they climb up.

I am inside now icing my shoulder. Called Mom and chatted for just a little bit. We really don’t have much to say because she doesn’t do much and it’s not like I have an exciting life. But I know that she likes me to call almost every day.

AK—I think it’s great that you were able to get the vaccine with no problems. I am sure that your approach of fasting and avoiding histamine really helped.

Time to go do the crossword puzzle in the paper. I will probably just read and watch some recorded TV shows tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did two loads of laundry today and hung them out. Nice and sunny, was warm enough to go without a jacket a little while.

Went over to the neighbor after lunch to see a wooden deck he has for sale. It was at a pool, so one side is rounded. Its in good condition and nice sized. We were quite happy to get it for $150. Wood is really expensive to buy it new.

We want to add on to our back porch and we can use the railing to redo our front porch, plus should have enough to put railing up on the balcony!

The boys are going to take the deck apart completely and then we can use the wood to build exactly how we want to. There are nice 4 x 4 posts too!

Got a few sweet potatoes in potting soil on their sides to grow slips for planting in the garden. Have them setting on the shelf in front of the window.

Must check how cold its to be tonight, might need to cover my sprouted mini greenhouses. The marigolds and alyssum are up as well as the spinach and lettuce. I had put some white potatoes that were sprouted in soil & set them out on the porch right outside the patio doors.

I got too cold for the ones on the end of the porch, the tops of those froze. So I moved them up closer but may cover them too.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Today my arm was just a tiny bit sore. Made brunch for me and Mom of French toast and turkey sausage.

Called the phone company and they came out and said there's a splitter issue so they made an appointment for the guys with the bucket to come out and get up high to remove the splitter that shouldn't be there. Also he installed a new router so phones and internet are up and running so far. Yay!

Washed all the planters outside and ran to the hardware store for spray paint. The 4 rectangular planters didn't come out like I'd hoped so will go and buy roll on paint for plastics. The spray paint didn't cover well at all. Also scrubbed one side of the house to remove pollen and mold? but I need to buy some kind of remover because some of the stuff didn't come off.

Had sliced leftover prime rib and bought a Greek pasta salad at the grocery store so had an easy dinner.

Now just vegging.

Manna you know a lot more than I do when it comes to planting and growing things. I looked at some tomato plants today but still haven't decided what I want to plant in the raised garden bed along with the bitter melon that I'm attempting to grow for my Mom.

Hiker I thought about washing the cars today but thought I'd be asking for trouble if I added that to what I did today. They're coated with pollen! I was drooling when I read that you were having chili!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement