LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What you CAN do today? May 16,2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What you CAN do today? May 16,2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread! We like to post our activities to encourage one another to be as active as possible.

So if you're doing laundry, vacuuming, walking, bird watching, kayaking, gardening, etc. please post it here!

Here we go with another week!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manna I read your post from last night and I see we're two peas in a pod when it comes to overdoing it in the yard! LOL!

I'm pretty sore today so just mixing up a batch of coleslaw (Mom shredded the cabbage and carrots) and ordering a pizza for dinner. Yay!

I need to do laundry but I'm going to put things off until tomorrow.

I'm so glad I finished all the landscaped beds. I have 41 pavers that I moved yesterday and plan on using those to build a little patio in the backyard for my grill and some seating. I might wait until the fall for that project. LOL!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds wonderful, AK!! Maybe you won't have to do very much this summer???

We had two nice services today. We keep getting more members returning each week. One today had not been to church in about 15 months.

We also have two new people .. one has been there several times and today she brought a friend!

The new one said she can see our church from her house. (There aren't any houses close to us, but we are on a hill.)

So I picked up lunch for us and now I'm going to take a nap! My body hurts today. We have more weather changes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK and Manna—Your new names are Overdo 1 and Overdo 2 like Thing 1 and Thing 2 of Dr. Seuss fame. [Big Grin]

For some reason Zoom wasn’t working for our church service today. First time I have missed a church service in months.

I did a load of laundry.

2 ladies stopped by to dig up daisies and one brought fresh arugula from her garden for me. Then I talked with my neighbor.

I did a tiny bit of weeding and watered plants under the eaves. The coreopsis I transplanted looks really wilted. Probably transplant “shock.”

Took recycling to bins at grocery store.

Chatted with mom and had her add some things to her grocery list. My brother is coming with his wife next weekend and so Mom will want some snacks on hand for them.

Sadly, he is only staying a couple of days before they go see his MIL in Indiana. They want to be back in GA for her tennis tournament and beat the Memorial Day traffic.

Still, I haven’t seen him since Dad’s funeral, so am excited he is coming. And I adore his wife.

Am sitting out on the back deck with my iPad and will now put it down to read. Rain moving in later.

Have a super week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rainy day here.

I did my knee exercises.

I did 3 loads of laundry which is unusual for me. I washed up my bedspread and got out my summer quilt. Washed my down comforter and put it in the cedar chest. Washed the sheets and put back on the bed.

Paid a few bills.

Worked on Bible study.

Chatted with mom. She found a bottle of champagne in her apartment and insists that we imbibe next weekend when my brother is home. I won't argue. [Big Grin]

I put a chicken breast in the oven to bake. It's pretty big, so will last for at least 2 meals.

Off to put my nose in my book after I roll the garbage can to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Today my Mom had her follow-up with her PA to get the results of her MRI and lab results.

Thank God she's still cancer free! She has 2 lesions but they said they're small and her labs look good so no treatment necessary.

So we went out to celebrate by shopping at our favorite thrift mall, Joey's. I found some great brand shorts and a linen top. I also bought some awesome white linen pants but they were a size 4! I didn't see the size until later. On a good day I'm wearing a 10 so me and Mom are trying to figure out what to make with the fabric.

TuTu that's exactly what I was planning...less work during the summer. Next week it's going to be in the 90's already! So glad I finished all the really hard work except for the patio project. Awesome that you have some new folks at your church!

Hiker I'll take that name gladly! LOL! I bet you all are going to have a good time when your brother and his wife visit. Sounds like your Mom is excited too. The champagne sounds wonderful.

I think I'm going to go read a bit to before bed. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Happy to hear your mom is cancer free!

Another rainy day here.

I got up early to go get blood tests for my physical which is in a couple of weeks. Quick and easy. I have small veins and the phlebotomist was great!

Am waging war with the ants that marched back into the kitchen today. They only seem to come when it is wet out. So far they have not invaded the cabinets.

Diatomaceous earth does not seem to be a deterrent, so I got out Terro bait traps.
If it wasn't in the kitchen I would be tempted to spray with Raid.

Worked on Bible study.

Chatted with mom who can't seem to remember when my brother is coming although she bought snacks for his arrival.

Worked on bills. Some utilities that were automatically coming out of my credit card are now adding a $2-3 monthly fee, so am switching out of that. Some of the websites are not user friendly at all!

I called to refill my topical toenail fungus liquid (Jublia). My insurance says it is $100, but the pharmacy told me I have no copay on it. Comes from a pharmacy up near Chicago. That pharmacy made me very happy today. [Big Grin]

Rainy afternoon made for a good power nap. Now I am raring to go.

Have a great evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Overdo2!! LOL! Sometimes its what we do best!
Took the chicks out to the barn today. Put them in a little pen until they are big enough to escape the cats. The dog was very intrigued with these new little squeaky toys!!

The 2 kinds of strawberry plants I ordered came today. The boys need to finish digging up the patch so I can plant them.

Did laundry today.

Started digging up my saffron bulbs. They are looking very nice sized and a few even had baby ones growing alongside them! I started at the end of the patch where I planted the smallest bulbs.

My sis & hubby are planning to come this weekend. They want to bring their camper & stay at a nearby campground. Maybe ride the rails to trails bike trail on Sunday afternoon.

Sent a store list for my sis to get a few of our old favorites that aren't in the stores here. Looking forward to a good time!

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took it easy today. My bad shoulder has been bothering me from all the digging I did the other day.

Sat in on my Mom's video appointment with her GP. Taking her in for labs to check her potassium, B12 and thyroid tomorrow.

Hiker I'm battling ants in the yard again. Fire ants and regular ones. Have ant killer and bait so hope I can avoid getting bit. When's your brother and his wife arriving? I know you all will have a wonderful time!

Manna how wonderful that your sis and hubs are coming for a visit! It's nice to be close with family.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my weekly grocery shopping this morning.

Then did my knee exercises.

Worked on Bible study.

Cleaning lady came, so I went outside and pulled a few weeds and pulled the buds off the chrysanthemums. They sure want to bloom early!

One gal came by to get hostas and daisies. The other was a no show and I think I will ignore her pleas for daisies as she has not come when she has said several times.

Last night I think I talked on the phone for almost 3 hours, so I will shut the phone off tonight and just read.

Manna-bike trail sounds like a blast!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's exciting that your brother is coming, hiker! I would love to see my brothers right now too!!

Manna .. your place is always teeming with activity!

AK .. I hope your shoulder is better soon and that your mom's testing will be OK. Thanks for the reminder to do my B12 shot!

My heart has been nutty again lately. Had to go to the ER Sunday night. It was way to wild to try to sleep. I was afraid I might not wake up.

So I get there and it stops being goofy! (of course!)

So I saw my cardiologist's PA Tuesday and she set me up with another 21 day monitor. I'm also scheduled for a "loop recorder" in case this monitor doesn't catch anything.

Now I need to do wild and crazy things .. any ideas?? [Big Grin]

I also went by my old cardiac rehab place and asked to sign up again. I'm not sure I am able to do what they have there, but I need to try.

Also going to try to do more walking. Our location is not a great place for that since I can't navigate the hills. I will need to drive down the hill for a flat area or walk up a flight of stairs to walk in a small area. (It's boring there.)

Gotta run .. fixing dinner.

[ 05-19-2021, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another lovely sunny day. Its getting a little warm during the day, but still chilly at night.

Today the keets came. Post office called again before 7 AM. We have 30 little peepers in the dog crate in the house. They seem to all be lively and well. We lost one of the chicks.

Transplanted the red & yellow peppers that I grew from grocery store peppers. Also stuck the sweet potato slips in potting soil. Transplanted the Moon Flowers into individual pots.

Planted most of the one kind of strawberries. Discovered I accidentally got a double order of my strawberries. Instead of 25 each, it was two packs of 25 each of each kind. So 50 of each kind!

This means go with plan B! We will need to use the bed I was going to put saffron in, for strawberries. We will need to put the saffron bed somewhere else.

I got all my saffron bulbs dug out - its a flat full! I'm delighted. Most of the big bulbs had quite a few babies and some where even fairly nice sized! I also ordered more saffron bulbs. They were on sale for 7.99 for a bag of 15 bulbs!

Hubby & Sonny mowed some weeds off this afternoon down by the pond and the creek.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Busy day of taking Mom for lab work, picking up some groceries and laundry.

Mom and her BFF had a dinner function for one of their clubs. We all met at a Mexican restaurant and had a great time.

The 3 of us had coffee and scones later.

Hiker I'm planning on reading but can barely keep my eyes open!

TuTu hope and pray that you'll be OK.

Manna love to hear about all the adventures at your place.

Well....off to read a bit. See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises this morning.

Then had Bible study via Zoom.

Watered some outdoor plants, pulled a few weeds, and put new suet in my suet feeder.

Went to hardware store to get some ant bait traps for the ants that continue to come into the kitchen. Diatomaceous earth isn't working unless I stand there all the time and sprinkle each ant. Even the tried and true Terro bait traps aren't working.

Went to chiropractor this afternoon and now will rest to hold manipulation.

It is in the low 80's today but the humidity is really high, so I turned on the AC for the first time this year. Thought that getting the humidity down might deter ants and help my headache.

Got out the dehumidifiers downstairs, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

It does take awhile to 'powder' each ant, Hiker. The more that get powdered the more they carry back to the nest. Sometimes I'd set an old jar lid in the area they are, with DE covering the lid and a piece of 'bait' in the middle of the DE. The bait was whatever they were coming after.

Got the strawberries planted this evening after hubby and the boys got the bed ready for me. They worked at it while I was baking bread.

They also enlarged the area for our firepit and picnic area. Its not finished, but we had a doggie roast for supper. Threatened the cats with having hot cats instead of hot dogs if they don't stay off the tables! lol

Got my vehicle inspected today and new tires put on. Shouldn't have to keep filling the one tire with air every once in awhile anymore.

Decided we are going to have to put the keets out in another building as they begin to smell rather like a barn. It is a pleasant sound hearing them chirping and cheeping as they go about their day.

This evening the owls started hooting in the hills. First one over here and then another answering from over there.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-Thanks for the tip on the jar lid with DE and bait. Am trying that today. I love to hear owls. Haven't heard "mine" this year.

Did my knee exercises.

Made another meatloaf and froze all of it for next week.

Talked to mom and then my brother. He is ready to hit the road tomorrow to come for his visit.

Wrote a snail mail letter to a friend.

I went to the Humane Society. There was an adorable cat there I wanted to adopt, but a couple put claim to him yesterday.

I spent time in the cat room with several other cats, but decided those ones aren't for me. They said they are getting 14 more cats this weekend.

Stopped at library.

Took a short nap.

Pulled a few weeds and trimmed spirea again. I just trimmed it about a week ago.

Will be lazy tonight. Guess that is nothing new for me. [Big Grin]

[ 05-21-2021, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did laundry today.

Spent time cleaning up corners before my sis gets here.

Last text they were about 25 minutes away. Heading for the camp ground first to set up before they come to our house.

Moved the keets out to one of the other buildings that is cat proof. They are still in the dog crate, so should be really safe.

Watered the plants.

Hoping to get the tomato terraces ready to plant this weekend.

Its rather warm again today.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Ran errands yesterday and Josh actually went out with me to have a slice of pizza, a beer and a shot for just $7.00! We sat outside at the pizza place that has the special and listened to the live music.

Afterwards we walked around downtown a bit.

Today I've done nothing. Took a nap and when I woke up I wanted to start reading the book I have on my Kindle from the library but it expired! That's happened 3 times!

Josh and I are going to the book sale at the library tomorrow and I'm sure looking forward to it!

I hope you guys have an awesome time with family coming from out of town. I love it when we have company.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises.

Did 2 loads of laundry.

Watered my perennials and marigolds.

Worked on Bible study.

Heading to mom’s soon since my brother is coming.

Manna-enjoy your sister’s visit.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I'm aching tonight... I think it Overdo2 again!

We are having a very enjoyable visit! Today we weeded and planted wildflowers on both sides of the front steps.

Weeded and planted marigolds along side the east side of the house.

The men & boys built terraced tomato beds and we planted 32 tomatoes. 6 different kinds.

Put a case of blueberries and one of blackberries in the freezer. Also cooked some blackberries for making jelly. I still need to strain the seeds out.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

You guys enjoy your visits! Manna sounds like the extra hands are coming in 'handy' to get things done around your new place!

Josh and I had so much fun today at the library's book sale. I bought 11 books!

Here's the list: Running with Scissors, The Lion's Game, Recollections of the Last Days of Shelley and Byron, MacMillian Book of Organic Gardening, Black Eagle Child, A Walk in the Woods, The Social Conquest of Earth, Hildegard of Bingen, Dante's Inferno, Lawns and Ground Covers and One Man's Wilderness. A virtually treasure trove!

Afterwards we went to the gardening shop for a couple of plants and finished the day with take home Bar-B-Que.

So I'm settling in for the night and reading Running with Scissors.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement