LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today June 13

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today June 13
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you ready for another week of moving and grooving? [woohoo]

This is a friendly place to come report your daily exercise or just tell us about your day.

Are you gardening, walking, vacuuming, baking? Anything counts as we encourage each other to "move it or lose it." [Big Grin]

Have a super week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got up early to beat the heat and worked over 2 hours in the yard. I cut down the daisies that had finished blooming (they will rise up again next year) and raked them up. Hopefully the town will take the garbage cans I filled with them this week.

I watered all the plants outside.

I did a load of laundry.

Then I watched our church service via YouTube.

A man came and got most of my extra landscaping bricks that I advertised on Nextdoor. I just gave them away for free. Hopefully tomorrow a gal will come get the garden stakes I no longer use.

I need to pump up the tire on my wheelbarrow but my shoulder had enough work for today. May ask Howard for his electric air pump tomorrow.

Think I may watch some of the swimming and diving Olympic trials tonight. Am also reading a good book about the Dust Bowl and the depression in the 20's and 30's.

[ 06-13-2021, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Nice day today! One of our church members has been making little purses for the shoe boxes. They are SO cute! She has brought 8-9 so far.

Our sweet friend brought us hand-picked blueberries too. We are enjoying them.

Took a nap .. of course!

I forgot to post that I took a quick walk yesterday evening. I think it was "too" quick, as evidenced by hip pain today. Oh well, it will pass!

My pansies are about to "fold." I did remove one batch of them last week because they had aphids or something all over them. The heat is getting to be too hard on them.

I may go buy a lantana or something else to replace them. One of the plants I bought is similar to a daisy and it is blooming like crazy. I'd like to find another one or two like that one.

I've about resigned myself to giving in to the loop recorder my cardiologist wants to do. I looked up videos on You Tube to learn more and it's been helpful.

Hiker .. thanks for the tip on the Olympic Trials. I may watch some too if they are still on.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone and thank you Hiker for getting us motivated this week!

I worked outside from 7:00 til dark last night and it was way too hot so I might take a page from your book Hiker and work in the yard early in the morning.

Your book sounds interesting!

TuTu hope they can figure out what's going on with your heart! BTW, those blueberries sound delicious!

Today I just picked up some water and ice cream at the store.

We had about 5 pears that my Mom didn't eat while I was gone so I peeled and cut them up and cooked them with butter, spices and brown sugar. We had them for dessert topped with ice cream tonight.

I also made some pan-fried floured pork steaks and then baked them in cream of mushroom soup. We had that with rice and some stir-fried cabbage along with a cucumber salad.

I gained yet more weight while in Florida and will try to do some off and on fasting for awhile....sigh....

Heading to bed with a book. See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today is a fasting day for me so doing very little. Just washing my Mom's sheets and changed her bedding.

I should be studying for my continuing ed credits to maintain my insurance license. Think I have 4 classes and need to take my tests this year.

I'm dragging my feet though. Now would be a good time since it's so hot outside and I won't be doing much in the yard until it cools down.

Back to lounging around!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Great idea to work on your continuing ed credits while it is hot.

Fairly lazy day for me, too.

I did my knee exercises.

Picked some ripe strawberries. Very tiny and I won't have a bumper crop, but I planted them more for fun anyway.

My neighbor brought over his battery powered air pump and pumped up the wheel on my wheelbarrow. We then let a little air out of my car tires and he had to add air back to one that he let out too much air out of. I am so thankful for Howard.

Called physical therapy for my mom. Then called mom. She was not pleased to be going back to therapy but trying to keep her strong with decent balance.

Hoping guys come tomorrow to stain/seal my deck.

It has cooled down to the mid80's with low humidity and I would like to get it done before the temperature and humidity go back up at the end of the week.

Need to get garbage and recycling to curb soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, AK and hiker!! (and Manna)

I went to cardiac rehab today. Did OK except for hip pain. I walked too much on Sat night and aggravated it. It's OK though, I think.

Going to PT tomorrow morning.

Talked to my cardiologist's nurse today. My doctor's PA wasn't there, so she will contact me tomorrow. They don't expect my heart monitor report to arrive before Wednesday when I am scheduled for the loop recorder. Sigh.

I will find out tomorrow what time of day it will be on Wed.

I bought a new plant this afternoon. I went to my favorite nursery and she was basically closed. She didn't have the plant I wanted, but I found a really pretty one that may be awesome.

I went for yellow and came home with purple. It's a very unusual shade of purple. It's shaped like a daisy.

I also bought a very pretty impatien. It has large pink blooms.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu-- Good for your for exercising at cardiac rehab and then getting to physical therapy. What is the name of your purple flower?

I opened up the newspaper this morning and there was a huge picture of a deer tick. Ugh! Good article, but it made is seem as if the deer ticks are brand new here.

Did my balance exercises.

Went for surgical consult. Surgeon said GP who did my breast exam was basically covering her butt with this consult and all was fine. Happy to hear that news.

3 guys came to seal the deck. Took them almost 3 hours. Had I done it myself I would be staining the deck until next week. Some things are worth paying for.

I yakked on the phone with a treasured friend for quite awhile and wished we lived in the same city.

Watered the plants outside and did a little weeding. Beautiful day. Warmed up to 86 but not humid. I see the end of the week forecast and will not be working outside.

Will watch more of the Olympic swimming trials tonight. Grilling a burger for dinner with salad and broccoli.

Hope everyone had a good day! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Had errands today and did a bit of grocery shopping. We're having a family dinner this Thursday and I'm making pre-cooked burgers and bratwurst. Bought Doritos and sour cream and onion chips so sides are taken care of. Also picked up an apple pie and vanilla ice cream, courtesy of Josh.

It'll be very low key and not a lot of work for me. Yay!

I replaced a leaky connector to our dishwasher and am happy to report that it no longer leaks! The part was only $2.99 so I saved us a lot of money.

I talked on the phone too Hiker and time just seemed to fly.

TuTu your new plants sound awesome! My mums aren't doing well so I might put something else in their place.

Off to watch some TV!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I am impressed that you fixed your dishwasher! You are a woman of many talents.

I did my usual Wednesday grocery shopping this morning. A couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Mounds candy bars crawled in my cart. I let them stay. [Big Grin]

I figure if I am going to get blood taken and then reinjected in my shoulder tomorrow I may need one or two for that painful experience.

I did my knee exercises.

Finally, the administrator from the medical practice I have been having problems with called me. We had a polite cordial conversation. She did change the billing issue.

However, the administrator seems to think it is best if I go elsewhere and don't use another MD there. Makes me feel like a pariah because I was never rude to the MD--simply asked her to correct my medical records.

Called mom and chatted a bit.

I took some cushions from my favorite living room chair to an an upholstery shop to get new foam. I know it would be cheaper to buy foam and do it myself, but not sure I can get the foam through the tiny zippered opening.

This shop works on a lot of old cars (their seats etc.), so mine will be a side job and take a week or so. I did my couch cushions there last year and was pleased. Prices reasonable

Cleaning lady is here now finishing up.

Leftovers for dinner along with a tossed salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had company Sat overnight and Sunday. Then the next ones came Mon evening and headed home again this morning. Had a nice time with family!

Today I planted flowers in 3 big pots. Also stuck a few more sweet potato plants in the ground. Think I need around 8 more to fill the row. I have more slips in water to root.

Hubby is working to build a little chicken coop for the rapidly growing chicks and a second one for the keets.

Also planted rhubarb seeds in a flat of 15 pots. 5 seeds in each pot, so 75 seeds. I want to pick out the stalks with the most red on them to plant. I like the red tinted ones best.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Didn't do too much today. Made Mom brunch and just puttered around today. I did go outside around 7:00 and sprinkled fire ant bait in the yard.

We have a really bad fungus gnat problem in the house. I thought they were fruit flies until I checked one of the houseplants to see if it needed water.

It had gnats swarming all over it! Yuck!

I put it outside and sprayed the heck out of it with flying insect spray.

Still have some in the house. My flying insect traps are arriving tomorrow from Amazon, thank God!

Hiker I was surprised I fixed it too! I was expecting it to leak but it's working fine now. It was on the list of things to do for our kitchen update but we haven't heard from the guys we use for almost 2 months now. Sure hope you can get the doctor issue straightened out.

Manna while I was on vacay our yard guy mowed where I planted the Moonflowers! I hope they are coming up and survive. I see something poking out of the dirt along with some grass and I'm not sure it that's them. I hope so!

Off to read!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up early to water the plants before it got too hot.

My Bible study met this morning. We will continue to meet via Zoom since our leader has leukemia.

Did my balance exercises.

Went to get my platelet in injection in my shoulder. Nurse had to use both arms to get enough blood to spin down in the centrifuge. Felt like a human pin cushion.

Injection extremely painful and will be painful for a few days, but hopefully will get some pain relief after a few weeks. (Yes, it takes a long time)

Doctor suggested I do some posture exercises. I probably should have asked to be referred to physical therapy but I know a few and I found a few online. Am limiting myself to no more than 3-5 exercises for posture and starting out very slowly (next week--after to rest shoulder for up to 72 hours).

My BFF brought me a glass of sangria to enjoy tonight. Cracked me up. [Big Grin]

We had a small earthquake here today. Less than 4 on the Richter scale but you could feel it.

Have a good evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a beautiful spring day! Was quite cool this morning when we got up. 66 degrees tonight.

Baking day.

Also planted white petunias in the big pots that have a geranium and a sweet potato already planted in them. Daughter finished her front flowerbed and worked at the one surrounding the picnic area.

Hubby finished up the keet coop and started one for the chicks.

One son sprayed poison ivy again today and then used the weed eater on the hill.

Hung a load of table cloths out on the line to dry.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I hope the painful shoulder will be better soon. I'm VERY glad you didn't try to do those cushions yourself!!

AK .. wow...never heard of those gnats! What kind of plant? I put out some sticky traps for spiders, etc. I don't spray stuff anymore.

Manna .. What are keets? I know in the lyme world, but that's all!! Parakeets?

I went to PT today and did some grocery shopping at two places. Just stocking up the usual.

Watered plants since it was really hot today. It will be hot until Monday. Looking forward to the cool down. I'm not a fan of 90 degree weather.

Oh .. my latest heart monitor test came back fairly decent except for tachycardia. So the loop recorder is on hold for now. I will see the doctor in July.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I just finished cleaning up after the family dinner. My brother and his family came. His eldest daughter brought her boyfriend. Josh was here so the only one missing was his sister who's down in Tampa.

My Mom was so happy! I grilled fully cooked brauts and hamburgers. Made my youngest niece 4 little veggie burgers since she's gone pescatarian.

Chips, sodas, apple pie and ice cream rounded out the dinner. Gave all the leftovers away except one bun and a braut for Mom.

Hiker my posture is so bad since my last shoulder surgery in 2003. I need to work on mine too. Sure hope your shoulder feels better soon. BTW, I'm terrified of earthquakes! Felt to many of those when I lived in AK.

Manna I've got to go and get my retractable clothes line set up. We used to have one but I took it down when we were trying to sell the house. When I read about you hanging clothes outside I always think I need to go to the store and pick one up.

TuTu I was wondering the same exact thing about the keets! LOL! The plant that has the infestation is a Golden Pothos. I had to spray it outside and then run into the house. I have a book on natural pest control and it suggested neem oil and water? I think. The spray we have is horrible. Happy to hear your test was OK.

Well I'm off to bed gang. I'm reading a book on an 11th century German nun who became a saint.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Keets are baby guineas. Ha ha! I hadn't thought of the lyme 'keets when I wrote it.

We had them in the dog crate but they are so big, it looks like wall to wall birds when they are all spread out on the floor. I had put poles across from side to side for them to roost on.

With the coop hubby built, we can move it around from place to place in the yard. It has no bottom in it so they are on the grass and can eat any bugs and ticks! They are great tick eaters which is why we got them.

After they are full grown we will let them roam during the day and pen them up at night. Hopefully somebody will have gotten the fox before then as foxes like guinea for dinner.

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my knee exercises and then went to the chiropractor.

Put my bird feeders back on my newly stained deck.

Deb and Charlie stopped by to carry up the heavy chairs that sit on the deck. I am not supposed to do a lot with my shoulder for 72 hours after the injection. Fine with me. I could barely get my shirt off last night to get into my pj's.

The idea of the PRP shot is to increase inflammation to draw in healing cells. So, I can take Tylenol for the pain, but no icing etc. It will settle down soon.

Talked to mom. Been trying to reach her physical therapist to find out her therapy schedule but no luck.

Worked on my Bible study for quite awhile.

Gliten free pizza and salad for dinner. It's a no cook Friday evening for me. Watching Olympic trials for track and field tonight.

I got my chair cushions back yesterday. Only took 24 hours. Very comfy with the new foam.

[ 06-18-2021, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Woke up at 1:45 AM to a severe thunderstorm. Lots of wind and quite a lightning show.

So, today I was picking up limbs from trees that fell during the storm and hauling back into the church yard where they came from.

Did a load of laundry.

Talked to mom for quite a while.

Baked salmon for lunch and am having enchiladas for dinner.

Am otherwise being lazy this afternoon and reading.

[ 06-20-2021, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Had a few showers several times today. But we were able to get some things done outside anyway.

The chicks are in their new coop. The dog had to run back and forth from the keets to the chicks to check up on them. She would dearly love to chase them!

The boys worked on enlarging and regrading the picnic area. Daughter worked on new flower beds along the rock wall she was building around the picnic area.

I got tomato plants repotted and a few planted for ourselves. Set the extra ones out by the road with a free sign.

Did laundry today - it all went in the dryer.

Need to decide what to make for tomorrow dinner and get it out of the freezer.

Trimmed the holly bush that was reaching out over the walk and the steps.

Ready for a day of rest tomorrow!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement