LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 18,2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 18,2021
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone!

Just got home from church. Hubby is tired, so we didn't eat out.

Not sure what I will do today, but I know it will include a nap!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--thanks for starting the thread. Enjoy your nap.

I sat outside and listened to the National Cathedral Sunday service.

Laundered the sheets and remade the bed.

Did my back/posture exercises.

Talked to mom as usual.

Just going to relax the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my back exercises and knee exercises.

Worked outside awhile whacking down weeds and pulling some up.

Went to recycling center.

Went to library to get books on hold.

Talked to mom and then my brother.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TuTu thanks for getting us going for the week. I napped most of Sunday too. Made a crockpot brisket, boiled new potatoes, green bean tempura and a veggie salad for dinner.

Today I was up around 5:00, just couldn't go back to bed since the new alarm company came out around 8:00. They had an issue installing their communicator/cell into our existing unit so sure hope they can figure out what the issue is and get us up and running. I think our old alarm contract expires on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'm going to Josh's and we're heading about 40 miles away to our favorite indoor flea market, Angel's, again. Later we're going to an all you can eat country buffet. I'm wearing stretchy shorts. LOL!

Did 2 loads of laundry and dishes and that's about it for the day. Oh and like Hiker I took the trash to the curb.

Might watch Robin Hood at 9:00. This version has Russell Crowe in it and I'm not sure if I've seen it. That's the plan anyways.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda messed up my hip on Saturday, so I took it easy at rehab today.

I did the NuStep in two stages. 8 minutes and later 6 minutes at a slower speed than usual. I think I'll be fine on Wed.

Tomorrow will be busy. Our friends will be coming over, plus hubby has two shows to work tomorrow.

See ya later, alligators!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Hope you get the new alarm system working.
My alarm system is the neighbor's German Shephard.

Did my balance exercises this morning.

Worked on Bible study.

Went to physical therapy at the clinic.

Then went and got my hair cut. Finally my regular stylist is open She works in a retirement center and the salon just opened to outsiders. I like her much better than where I had to go when covid started.

Having lamb patties for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hung a few loads of wash out on the lines today.

Gave the chicks & keets food & water this morning. Guess we can start calling them chickens & guineas. The rooster is starting to crow in the crackly voice of growing boy.

Today hubby & I worked at cleaning out the storage area of the barn so we could build a pen for the guineas. We got the studs put up and the door fastened. This evening daughter helped Hubby put the roosts in for the guineas.

We need to cut a door in the outside wall so they can go in and out and put chicken wire on the walls. Then we can put them in their permanent home. We will need to keep them penned up for several weeks till they know this is home, before we can let them out.

Dug more grass away from my moonflower plant, gave it some fertilizer, mulched and watered it. I had given my sis a moonflower plant. Hers is WAY bigger than mine and multiple blossoms on it! Hers is also in an established flower bed, not on a grassy bank under a tree.

Picked 3 rows of beans this evening! Got around a household bucket full. Picked about 6 zucchinis also.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got home not to long ago so I'm whooped! Josh and I had a blast at Angel's Antiques. I found a vintage Japanese ginger jar so will ask my Mom about it tomorrow, since she would know. LOL.

I didn't do to much damage at the country cooking buffet and glad my stretchy shorts were up to the challenge.

The alarm guy came while I was with Josh and everything is up and running, thank God! After our initial $250 we only have to pay $25 a month for monitoring, half what we used to pay.

Looks like you all have been busy!

Tomorrow I'm going to an escape room game with Josh and maybe a friend of his from high school and her son.

I'll let you all know what it is because I've never done one. Something about solving clues, puzzles etc. within an hour to escape. Josh chose the American Revolution so we'll see if we can 'escape'.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--That escape adventure sounds like a lot of fun!

I went grocery shopping this morning.

Did my back exercises and my knee exercises.

Worked on Bible study and then wrote a poem.

Took a short nap.

Then filled the bird feeders and watered the potted plants.

Have a relaxing evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Manna .. a place for the guineas sounds like a good idea!

Ak .. Let me know if the escape room makes you feel claustrophobic. We have several escape rooms here, but I'm not sure I want to go. I do hear it's fun, though.

My friends came yesterday for a new show here. It was awesome! The family has a 17 year old son who is moving up in the music scene here.

He just released his own CD and they filmed a video while we were there. It was really good. I can't wait to see how the video turns out. This is a family we have watched grow up. The parents are "stars" in a show here .. and they just branched out a bit at another theater.

I went to c. rehab this morning and to Bible study this afternoon, plus errands in between.

I may get up early to take my car in for an inspection. I need to get my license plates.

See ya later alligators!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The guineas are in their new pen. We waited till dark to try catching them as they are very flighty birds.

Folded clean laundry.

Trimmed the bucket of beans I picked yesterday. Had fresh yellow beans for supper! Yummy!

Daughter's friend is coming tomorrow, her first time to see our new place.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

The escape room we chose with an American Revolution theme was a large sized room so thank goodness no claustrophobia issues kicked in.

You have 60 minutes to solve all the clues, puzzles, ciphers, etc. to escape the room once you get the final code to input into the door and hit the escape button.

The room had themed props such as ciphers, maps, codes that needed a mirror, a musket, pistols, a flag, locked boxes, letters with clues, etc.

It was very exciting and we barely escaped with just one minute to spare.

They provide clues when you get stuck because otherwise with just the 2 of us we wouldn't have made it out of there in time.

We had such a great time and really had to use our heads on that one.

We plan on trying another one but I'm not sure when we'll go.

It would have been more fun with extra folks but Josh's friend and her son were a no show. I'm glad we were still able to have fun and escape.

I've played similar puzzle, cipher, clue type games on the computer called The Room which are fun but it's so different when you're actually there and doing hands on.

I recommend it for some good clean fun!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK-I wonder if they have those type of escape games here. Sounds like a blast.

Did my balance exercises this morning.

Had Bible study via zoom.

Watered some of my perennials. Then used the hedge trimmers to trim 4 spirea bushes.

Went to a picnic. The gal’s yard was shady and has such beautiful flowers. Hummingbirds flying around. Nice time chatting and one gal brought her pet hedgehog. What a riot.

Took a short nap and am now ready to read the newspaper and do the crossword puzzle.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baking day.

Daughter's friend was here for supper - a doggie roast in the back yard. Beautiful weather.

Hubby and the boys worked at clearing the hill for the chicken's pasture. Stumbled over a yellow jacket nest in the ground. Only one sting, thankfully! But work stopped abruptly.

Tonight we put the chicks in the chicken pen. They will stay penned up until we get the pasture fence up after the yellow jackets are taken care of. Wonder if chickens would eat them??

Picked 2 rows of green beans this evening. Got a 5 gallon bucket full. The yellow beans need to be picked tomorrow. Must check on the corn and the zucchinis too.

The boys helped a neighbor load a small trailer load of hay for our goats. Should have enough to last for the winter.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds fun, AK. I think I would be anxious because it would feel like I could get trapped in there. I suppose they would let you out anyway. [Big Grin]

Hiker .. any town near you that has tourists would likely have one. College towns may also.

Manna .. I hate wasps!! It would be nice if the chickens would take care of them.

Yesterday was very busy. I got up early to take my car for an inspection, then I took my shower when I got back. Then went out to get the license tags, came home to eat "breakfast", rested awhile, went to PT, went to my cardiologist, then left for a nearby town for an OCC meeting.

Whew!!

Today I'm skipping cardiac rehab because I need to rest my hip. I really want it to be OK so I can exercise without worrying about it.

I will walk the next few days if it feels OK to do so. That way I won't lose any of my tone I have gained!

Today will be much more relaxed!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my back exercises.

Went to the chiropractor.

I haven't been felt great lately--afternoon fevers that I attributed to working outside (I don't sweat much and overheat easily) but I was getting a sore throat midweek.

Wednesday I had a covid PCR test just to be sure and the results yesterday said no covid. Felt pretty good yesterday.

By midmorning today, I was feeling puny again, so went to Prompt Care. Doctor said my throat was really red and even though the rapid strep test came back negative he thought if he grew the culture it would come back positive. Either, way he wanted me to take antibiotics.

So, for only the second time since 2005, I am taking an oral antibiotic. The pharmacist said she has filled more prescriptions this summer for various ailments that have nothing do to with covid since before the pandemic.

My fever is down and I think I will rebound quickly but am not doing any yardwork unless I have to water the perennials for the next few days.

Looking forward to watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony tonight. I know it has already happened, so I am refusing to look at my phone to see what it was like. I went to watch the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and will be addicted to them the next 2 weeks. [Big Grin]

Manna-your harvest of beans and zucchini sounds wonderful!

[ 07-23-2021, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

UGH .. sorry to hear, hiker! Not fair!

I watched some of the Olympics. Not as exciting without an audience there.

My husband and I both stayed in all day. Just loafed around and ate food. LOL.

I did wash a load of clothes and fixed steak for dinner. I also watered my flowers.

Good night!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I watered the plants outside.

Did a load of laundry.

Did my balance exercises.

Finished up the last study in the Zechariah packet. We will meet this week and then take a month off.

Still don’t feel great although my fever didn’t go above 99 today. So, took a long nap this afternoon.

My neighbor is having a big party tonight with a live blues band, so I hope to sit out on the porch and listen. He invited me over but no need to spread my germs.

Probably will watch the Olympics. I did enjoy the opening ceremony although, Tutu, you are correct in that it was subdued. Stupid pandemic!

Have a good evening! See you tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

We did our usual Friday evening Japanese takeout and watched the opening ceremonies of the 2020 Olympics. Glued to the TV from 7:30 til midnight, whew!

Today Mom and I ventured out to the PX and the commissary for some grocery shopping.

Oh, also had to add a couple of hog panels to my raised garden bed for the cucumbers and goya. The fencing I put wasn't tall enough so I've made like inverted V's for the vines to go over.

I have one almost ready to pick cucumber! Yay!

We had leftovers for dinner and watching Godzilla, King of Monsters.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement