LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 25, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? July 25, 2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi welcome to the exercise thread!

We like to post our activities to encourage one another to be as active as possible.

So if you're weight training, walking, running, gardening, housework, etc. please post it here!

Here we go gang with another week!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a bit busy making spaghetti sauce and salad for tonight's dinner.

My Mom's BFF and Josh are coming for Sunday dinner and we're all going to chill afterwards and watch the Olympics.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the National Cathedral Church Service on my iPad.

Did a load of laundry and put clean sheets on my bed Then this afternoon I took a nap in my freshly laundered sheets!

Talked to mom.

Fever is down quite a bit today. Just slightly above normal, so hope I am turning the corner and the antibiotics are working.

Just vegging the rest of the day. Reading and watching Olympics tonight. Sadly I glanced at the news on my iPad and saw a headline about the women’s gymnastics that is airing tonight. That takes a bit of fun out of it. But I still will enjoy watching.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to stay away from the news on the Olympics! You see it and start watching and then realize it's a spoiler!! I need to remember not to watch the sports news for awhile.

So glad you are feeling better, hiker!

Your bit about the sheets reminded me that I didn't report that yesterday. My hip has been hurting and I even skipped cardiac rehab because of it .. so it was an effort to wash my sheets and remake the bed.

It ended up not being as hard as I expected, however. Yay!

AK .. the spaghetti sounds good! I can't handle tomato sauce, so I haven't had spaghetti in years.

We came home from church and I made chicken fried steaks. Then we crashed for naps. Now I'm watching the Olympics. I love the USA gymnasts' outfits.

See ya !

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still not feeling great. Sore throat remains and fever is back tonight. May need to see me again this week. One more day of antibiotic.

I did my knee exercises and back exercises.

Watered the perennials and potted plants.

Filled the suet feeder and hummingbird feeder. As soon as I filled the suet feeder a woodpecker dropped by to dine.

Have been reading this afternoon. Will watch Olympics again tonight.

[ 07-26-2021, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I'm watching the Olympics too!

Had a busy morning running errands. Got my haircut, went to Target and took my little Scion to get the squeaky brakes checked.

Squeezed in 2 loads of laundry and am now happily vegged out on the couch and glued to the TV.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day... 15 white, 6 wheat, 3 each of Italian, cinnamon swirl and cinnamon raisin.

Picked beans this evening. I picked 2 rows and had 1 daughter and 1 son each pick 2 rows.

Hubby went with the other boys to look at 4 wheelers that were for sale. He just sent a message saying they'll be heading home soon. The guy will follow them home bringing the wheelers along. We need a trailer to haul things.

Tomorrow we'll get the beans in the freezer. Its two 5 gal buckets worth of beans.

Had a thunder storm this morning and rain again this afternoon. We needed rain.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a LOT of bread, manna!! I see how you got your name!

Hiker .. I hope you feel better tomorrow!!

AK .. Did you have to get new brakes?

I went to cardiac rehab and was able to do 7 minutes on the NuStep .. plus the other stuff we do. lol ..

But my hip still hurts .. My leg goes into a spasm, so I'm not sure how to proceed. We'll see when Wednesday comes around.

Tomorrow we go to the nearby state for our dental appointments. I think he is going to redo my old crown. YUCK.

I need to make sure I take my epi pens and extra meds. I'm afraid he will say I need a root canal and then I will say pull it ... and then he will argue with me.

Dentists don't like to pull teeth .. but the one next to it is already gone and I barely chew on that side anyway.

Can't afford a $5,000 implant.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope the trip to the dentist went well. None of the options sound fun--root canal or tooth pulled.

Went to my functional chiropractor who does his "voodoo" energy testing. He thinks my infection is viral--probably a dormant virus that came out due to stress.

Anyway, I have a different homeopathic to take now and I can already tell it is helping. Sadly it is more expensive to go there than to the MD, but I seem to do better. We switched up doses of my other homeopathics. Chronic candida overgrowth in digestive tract is much better.

Unless I have "an emergency" I can't get back in to see him until October. Rats. He said we need to work on controlling my stress and I agree.

Did my balance exercises.

Talked to mom. The flowers I ordered for her birthday next week arrived today. No big deal but I did call the florist and they will deliver another bunch next week at their expense.

Went to physical therapy. I love the therapist. She made sure she had exercises where I stand interspersed with ones where I sit, because she knows I haven't felt well. Only two more sessions and then I am on my own.

Watching Olympics again tonight. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did laundry today - hung it out on the line. Still have some to bring in.

Have all the beans trimmed and washed.

Picked the zucchinis. Made a zucchini casserole for supper.

Had several phone calls today.

Changed thread on my sewing machine so I can sew the green zipper in the dress.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Had such a fun day with Josh! We shopped at the antique/thrift mall for about 4 1/2 hours!

Here's what I bought:

Denim skirt $4.50
Faux wool coat $10.00
Retractable clothesline $4.00
Faux Zinnias $1.50
Snacks $1.50
New linen pants $7.99
Safety vest $2.00
Ceramic fish x 2 $4.50
Wood book shelf $19.99

SCORE!!! Spent a whopping $69.04! That's a lot for me but got some real bargins!

Josh took me out for some chicken wings afterwards and paid for dinner since I'm ironing some clothes for him tomorrow.

Manna that's a lot of bread and beans! Can't go wrong with either. Looks like you all scored on the 4 wheelers!

TuTu way to go on the NuStep! I dread going to the dentist! I get super anxious and always feel sicky when I have to have a procedure done. I don't think I'd get a root canal either.

Hiker hate to hear that a dormant virus is rearing it's ugly head. I laughed when you said your doc did his voodoo testing on you because that's exactly what I thought when I had an energy testing! LOL! What's really scary is how accurate they are! Bummer about your Mom's flowers getting there a week ahead of time!

Sure enjoyed the Olympics tonight! Hope everyone had a great evening and will see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—you did score at the flea market.

Manna-I am having green beans tonight with dinner but I bet they are not as tasty as yours. Although, they are locally grown.

Went grocery shopping this morning.

Did knee exercises and balance exercises.

That wiped me out as I had another low grade fever today and sore throat.

Took a short nap and then exercised my mouth talking with a friend on the phone.

Watching Olympics again tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took Mom to her dental appointment to schedule getting her dentures relined.

Picked up trash and tree limbs from the yard this morning.

I exercised my vocal chords and jaw from gabbing too Hiker! Fun way to burn calories! [Big Grin]

Going to check the mail and get ready to watch the Olympics. Hope I can stay awake because I've had only about an hour of sleep.

I am so sleepy!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Ak, thrift shopping is so much fun! I love a good bargain, or two, or three!!

Finished up a sewing project this morning.

Hung out a couple loads of laundry.

Folded dry wash from yesterday.

Took a nap this afternoon.

Picked 2 rows of green beans again this evening while daughter picked the other 2 rows. We got about a 5 gal bucket full.

Sonny cooked supper tonight and was he ever pleased with his meal! All thigs we grew! Beef from our heifers, fresh corn on the cob, green beans and red beets from our garden.

Hubby worked at 4 wheelers this afternoon and after supper he & the boys were back out working on them. Basically tearing them apart and cleaning & fixing them up.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great job on snagging bargains, AK!! I'm happy you got to talk to your secret pal. LOL.

Hiker .. get well SOON .. that's an order!!

Manna .. those green beans do sound good!

My trip to the dentist went OK. It was exhausting, but we did it. It was a 2 1/2 hour appointment, then no food because I was still numb. We got home before 7 pm.

I came away with an expensive crown. It replaced one that was 14 years old.

After a bad day on Monday with my exercise (a lot of pain that day and night.. and Tues morning), I had a good day today!

I did 7 min on the NuStep with less pain this time. I'm hoping to do really well on Friday. I might be able to do the ergometer bike too.

I'm also progressing on the arm cranks. That helps my shoulders, so it's all good!!

My routine there is warm-up, walking the track (I'm only on 9 laps right now), weights for the arms (1 pound), NuStep, arm cranks, then cool down.

I also went to the grocery store. Came home and didn't do much except chat on the phone and then cook dinner.

I need to call my brother. So .. see ya later!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lymetoo, You are really doing great with your exercise! Way to go! [woohoo]

Had our last summer Bible study. We finished Zechariah and will take August off except for weekly picnics. Picnic was rained out today.

I did my knee exercises.

Made a large pot of spaghetti sauce and froze most of it.

I feel a bit better today. My sore throat is dissipating. Still have a low grade fever but I think the homeopathic is working.

Will watch Olympics again tonight. Guess I am an Olympic addict! [Big Grin]

[ 07-29-2021, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baking day...

Pulled a few weeds late afternoon.

Snapped the last dishpan of green beans.

Hubby worked on 4wheelers with Sonny's help. They have one back to the bare bones of it. Looks like the previous owners ran it through mud as the whole frame has mud on it.

Daughter was out weeding her blueberry bushes this afternoon.

One of the other boys worked at building steps up the hill using cement blocks.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Ran a couple of errands this morning. Went to see a movie with Josh this afternoon and later we picked up some Mexican take-out.

We all watched the Olympics tonight.

Hiker I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better. I'm addicted to the Olympics a bit myself.

Manna you all are just working away! I need to buy some different buttons for the jacket I bought and I need to pick up some filler for the wood shelf I bought. Some of the screws are stripped or missing. So I've got 2 projects I can work on indoors while it's so hot outside.

TuTu look at you go in the exercise department! I really need to start working out to prepare for my upcoming paver patio project. I've lost so much muscle from all the fasting I've been doing. Sorry about the expensive dental visit!

I'm wiped out so heading to bed. See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my balance exercises this morning.

Then went to the bank, the library and filled the car with gas.

I had physical therapy at the clinic this afternoon. The exercises with the resistance bands are easy for me to do. It is the more subtle exercises for the lower traps that are hard.

Took a short nap. as I am still not feeling 100%.

Gluten free pizza tonight and watching Olympics. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I was getting gas for the car when I was chatting with you via text today. I was chatting, then put the phone down to get the gas. (I'm smart, ya know!?)

I'm glad you are feeling better today.

AK .. Thanks on the exercise. I'm happy for an even better report today!!

Manna .. We have blueberries in our area, but I've never gone to pick any. A friend brought me some fresh-picked ones about 2 months ago. Yummy.

So today I did 10 minutes on the NuStep, 10 laps and 4 min on the arm cranks! Whoop!! I felt like I could do the ergometer, but decided to hold off until Monday. I don't want to regret things!!

I also went to our church to meet an OCC friend who packs with us each year when the party time is here. She brought 4 large plastic bags of beanie babies!! It filled two large boxes!!

We already had one full box, so we have enough for this year. We expect to do 300+ boxes. It was 330 last year. We call them 330 Gospel Opportunities!

I need to go find something to fix for supper. Have a great evening, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took Mom to get her hearing aid checked and one of them isn't working any longer and they couldn't guarantee if it was repairable. So she had to buy a new one for her left ear. With the $300 discount it still costs $1,450!

So took care of her ability to chew (denture reline appointments coming up) and hearing.

All for about $2,000. Quite a bit cheaper than we thought.

We had Japanese take-out again but my sushi had rice vinegar in it and had to take 2 dye-free Benadryl. Had a slight reaction and am very disappointed.

Washed my Mom's sheets and put another set on her bed.

Other than that I'm watching the Olympics.

Hiker I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

TuTu way to go on the exercises! How exciting that you're already getting geared up for OCC!

Back to the Olympics!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did laundry today and hung it out on the line.

Worked at making a flowerbed around the well house. I stopped after killing 2 yellow jackets and missing a 3rd one. I had moved a stack of bricks.... wonder if they were planning to build a nest in there?

After lunch I took some bee spray along out and sprayed a couple - they were landing in the grass near the bricks.

Supper tonight was corn on the cob, fresh beans, sausage and fresh tomatoes from our garden!! The corn & beans are from our garden too.

After supper 3 of us went out to pick the beans again. Probably another two 5 gal buckets full. My arms get a speckled rashy look to them after picking beans.

I should go work at that flowerbed again since the sun is behind the mountain. Hopefully the yellow jackets went to bed!

Hubby and the boys are still working on the 4wheelers. Parts and pieces all over the place!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Manna .. I had to get out my wasp spray after seeing one on my balcony. Those things are worse for me than snakes.

AK .. The only way to do hundreds of shoeboxes is to work on it all year. Our room is pretty full of stuff! We will go buy school supplies next week. We already have quite a bit, but we need all the crayons, pencil sharpeners, notebooks, more pencils, pens, scissors that are now on sale.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Rainy day here, but a nice light rain--the kind you sleep in late when you hear it in the morning.

Did a load of laundry.

Also, did my balance exercises.

Otherwise I have been pretty lazy--talking to my mom, reading, watching some Olympics.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Today we picked the sweet corn and we got it all in the freezer. 21 meal sized packs and about 8 packs of 1 cup and another 8 with 1/2 cup in the bags. We'll use those in soups and casseroles.

Still finishing up the beans. The girls are working at those.

I AM TIRED!

Was going to bake a zucchini cake..... but not tonight.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement