LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today! Sept 5, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today! Sept 5, 2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi and welcome to the exercise thread! We like to post activities here to encourage one another to be as active as we can be.

So if you're gardening, walking, doing housework, kayaking, weight training, cooking, etc. please post it here!

Hello September and here we go........

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK-Thanks for starting us off.

Manna-read about the snake encounter. So glad where I live does not have poisonous snakes.

Watched the National Cathedral church service.

Did a load of laundry.

Watered the perennials.

Did my balance exercises except for the head turns.

Talked to mom.

Just relaxing the rest of the day. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone!!

Went for Mexican food after church. I had a taco salad. Twas good!

Nap time was amazing. Watered the flowers. Did I tell you that I have a morning glory again this year? Last year it didn't bloom until late Oct or early Nov.

I can't remember for sure. Still waiting over here!!

I need to get busy on Bible study. I have the one at church and the one upstairs this week. Gotta get busy!!

Take care, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Labor Day! Hope you didn’t labor much.

I walked about a mile.

Did odds and ends like watering, making hummingbird nectar and filling feeder.

Made chicken salad for lunch and will grill burgers for dinner.

Talked to Mom for a long time.

Went to recycling center.

Chatted with my neighbor. Very nice guy but today he cut down a perfectly healthy beautiful crabapple tree that was a nice divider between our yards. Said he he didn’t want to mow around it anymore. But it was his tree, so I shouldn’t complain.

I need to find someone to trim the top of my own crabapple. I can’t reach it a anymore.

Almost time to take the garbage to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday we had family pizza night. So the whole family was there minus the 2 oldest nieces. Made a giant salad to go with the pizza since a couple of folks are dieting. Store bought banana split ice cream for dessert.

We also played a new board game I bought at the thrift store called Last Word. It was a lot of fun so we might have a new family game for awhile.

My little Mom was so happy to see everyone.

Today Josh took me and Mom out for a Mexican food lunch. So we're on the same page TuTu!

Mom and I walked around a bit also Hiker. We went to the PX and killed a little bit of time.

Tomorrow I'm taking my Mom and her BFF to Angel's Antiques for some heavy duty shopping around. Afterwards they want to go to the Asian market in that area of Alabama and eat lunch at the excellent Chinese restaurant there in the market.

Later I need to go outside and water my veggies and flowers.

Working on a straw hat that I bought at the thrift store. I'm adding faux sunflowers and beige netting. Hope it comes out alright.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day. Had a request for 2 packs of dinner rolls. So made 4 total.

Picked some of the tomatoes before supper. Will pick the rest tomorrow morning.

Did the laundry, daughter helped hang wash out on the line. A lovely breezy day.

Hubby and the boys sawed a tree down this morning.... discovered the green leaves on it are poison ivy. So it will just lay there until it all dries up before we do any more cutting it up. Its out of the way.

This afternoon hubby & the boys dug out the grape arbor posts and placed them in their new spot. I want to do some weeding and trimming around it before we transplant the grapevines.

Have a phone call to make, so see you later!

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-sounds like your whole family labored on Labor Day.

AK—Hope you found some treasures shopping with your mom today.

I did my back exercises and my balance exercises.

My brain still does not seem to understand that I don’t have vertigo anymore. I know it can take time to feel totally balanced when I walk but it has been really discombobulating.

So, I contacted my physical therapist and she gave me some suggestions on how to speed up the brain syncing with the vestibular system. So I did those exercises. She was so sweet to communicate with me even though I am not going to the clinic now.

I called and talked to my brother for quite a while this afternoon.

Also, called someone about cleaning my carpet. Turns out the owner is a former student. He was in the midst of cleaning so he will get back to me. Told him I deserved a discount for teaching him. [Big Grin]

Very windy out today and we’re under a severe thunderstorm watch. I am waiting for the mail to come so I can fight the winds and grab the mail.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picked the beans this morning. Didn't get a whole lot, maybe a household bucket full.

Also dug some potatoes and carrots. Gathered up the last of the onions. Pulled off some of the celery stems and some parsley.

Saw one of the gladiolus is starting to bloom - its a deep purple! My daughter got a bag of mixed colors so they are going to be a surprise as too what colors they might be.

Got the tomatoes all picked. Not quite as many as the last time.

Gabbed on the phone with my sis-in-law awhile.

Want to sew a little this evening.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. Sometimes I really wish I lived in one of the towns/cities where I used to teach!! I AM in contact with quite a few on Facebook. It's fun to be able to chat with them online.

EXERCISE ..!!

It seemed like forever since I had been to exercise (last Thursday). I did 10 min on the NuStep at level 2. Whoop!

12 laps, 4 min on arm cranks, weights, and 7 min on the ergometer bike.

It's so amazing how far I have come! Three months ago I could barely get my legs to work the paddles on the bike!

Btw. I ran into several "old friends" at the c.rehab. I used to exercise at 1 pm, which I had to do today instead of 10:30. Some of them I have not seen for 3 years. Still alive and kicking!

Also went to church for our monthly Bible study.

We will fold the OCC shoeboxes next week.

Friday I have to go to another town to set up an informational booth on crafts that can be made for the children. I need to get moving a little faster!!

Our event for project leaders is on Saturday.

hiker .. that's awesome that your therapist helped out. Hope it gets resolved very soon.

How's your mom's toe doing?

AK . . I love playing games with family and friends. We need to invite C over again soon.

Manna .. I guess you're going to miss your garden this winter. I know I'll miss my flowers!

See you tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Marathon shopping today from 12:00 to almost 4:00! I saw many things I wanted to buy but settled for Moody Blues and Todd Rundgren albums.

Afterwards we ate a late lunch of Chinese food and shopped at the Asian market.

My little Mom overdid it though and is having pain and cramping in her legs. Also her back hurts. So she's medicated and I've wrapped and massaged her legs. I hope she can get some rest and me too!

Tutu Last Word is a fun game and it's different every time you play. Way to go on keeping up with the exercises!

Hiker hope you get a discount on the carpet cleaning. We desperately need ours done too!

Manna do you make jelly and juice with your grapes?

Time to check on my Mom.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Moody Blues.

YES!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I used to listen to the Moody Blues, too. That era had some of the best musical bands.

Went grocery shopping this morning. Way off balance and my legs were rubbery but I managed. Sadly, the produce truck failed to come in last night, so there was slim pickings.

I am beginning to wonder if my vertigo wasn't positional vertigo but caused by inflammation or damage to vestibular nerve or damage to the labyrinth of the inner ear. I have not had this problem after positional vertigo before.

Worked on Bible study this afternoon and paid a bunch of bills.

Just relaxing tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just washed a load of towels today. My little momma is feeling better and has stayed in her jammies all day.

Her BFF stopped by so I could fix her cell phone. It was a super easy fix! She had a tiny rock stuck into the area where the charger plugs in. Now that's something I thought I'd never see. [Big Grin]

Hiker I sure hope it's not nerve damage! I have nerve damage to my right ear which it turns out is the side that is causing my vertigo. I sleep elevated all the time now.

TuTu I see the 3 of us are Moody Blues fans! Now I need to drop off my turntable again and get the speed fixed and a new needle. I tried to adjust the speed myself but it's still a tad fast.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I usually make grape juice with our grapes.

Most of the tomatoes are on the stove cooking. Have one more kettle to fill.

Had another nice day - sunny this morning and then light rain this afternoon.

Managed to go sprinkle fertilizer on the strawberry beds, the sweet potatoes in tubs, the asparagus, and the azaleas and the rhododendron this morning.

Son brought some cardboard boxes along home from work to lay around the asparagus to keep down the weeds.

Went to order more saffron bulbs, only to discover they are sold out! Didn't take time to check other places yet.

Hubby fixed a kitchen drawer that broke and worked at the 4 wheeler again. He was hoping to do some more mowing, but the rain squashed that idea.

Got the beans trimmed. Need to wash and snap them yet.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, I'm dating myself, but I listened to the Moody Blues during college. I always listened to my records right before bed.

Rod McKuen, Neil Diamond, Moody Blues .. trying to think of more.

Please pray for my brother. He has blood clots in his lungs. He is home now and on blood thinners.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Sorry to hear about your brother! Will pray.

Nice day out. Watered the perennials and new grass seed.

Had Bible study this morning.

Did my back exercises. Did my usual balance exercises and the walking exercises the PT suggested to try and reconnect my brain to the vestibular system. Still off balance but maybe some small progress.

Called to make appointment for mom's physical for December but they told me I had to wait another week or two to make the appointment, yet they are the ones that sent me the letter saying it was time to make the appointment. [bonk]

Spent a lot of time on the phone with mom's physical therapist. Mom is refusing to try and use a 4 wheeled walker which would be better for her than a regular walker. My mother is stubborn and if something is new she doesn't want to try it. Sigh.

Have a great evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Up early and went to the health food store that didn't open til 10:00! So I came back home.

Made Mom some brunch and cut her hair. Dropped off my turntable and went to the health food store.

Stopped by Josh's to pick up my sister's ashes which are in 2 urns. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:00 at the funeral home and hope they can put her ashes in one container. Josh is thinking of having her interred. It's so expensive so I'm going on a fact finding mission tomorrow at the cemetery to look at options.

My niece said that my sister wanted her ashes spread in Maine which is not an option. My sister never mentioned this to anyone and the rest of the family is against it.

So since she left her urn with her brother for years now we're looking at other options.

Hard not to get depressed but this is something that needs to be done.

Ugh...wish I had something better to post!

TuTu I'm praying for your brother.

Manna thanks for answering the question about the grapes. I've never had fresh grape juice and bet it's delicious!

Hiker I'm relieved that you're feeling a bit better. My Mom loves her rollator because it has a net basket under the seat. If she gets to tired walking she can sit down anywhere. It's a real life saver for outings that require a lot of walking. Hope your Mom relents.

Time to get ready for bed!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I have a steamer kettle set up, with a basket in the top for grapes or other fruit, and a collection kettle with a drain tube in the middle and a kettle to hold water to create the steam on the bottom. When I'm steaming grapes one of the boys and one of the girls are there with a cup, waiting for fresh hot grape juice! No added sugar, no diluting it.

Baking day yesterday and then I finished up the beans, blanching them at bedtime!

We had a surprise thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon / eve so no outside work like we were planning. I had set my sneakers on the front porch to dry after being out in the wet grass the day before. They got wet again!

Lymetoo, I do miss my garden over winter. Hubby said we can plan and build our raised beds for herbs this winter. I'm in the process of ordering some of our seeds now for next year. Some things should be started in January and the seed catalogs don't start coming until then. We had done the milk jug greenhouses last year and were very pleased with the results.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the prayers for my brother.

He said he is doing OK.

I'm busy with OCC today and tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I am sure going to the funeral home today was difficult. Hope they steered you in the right direction. I know my cousin bought an urn off the internet when he couldn't find a reasonably priced one at the funeral home (for his sister's remains).He then got permission to bury her at the foot of my aunt's plot.

This morning I went and picked up a prescription. I notice that I am still off balance and the stimuli of the store bothered me. I thought I had really improved on the stimuli issues the last several years prior to last week.

Then went and got some of my homeopathics for detoxing. Have another sinus headache, so knew I needed to get them.

I remember Sixgoofykids talking about walking back through Lyme symptoms and walking back through other illnesses she had prior to Lyme. Don't know if that is real or not for others.

My first Lyme symptoms were inner ear infection and vertigo (what I had last week) and the year prior to Lyme I had a lot of sinus infections. So, I wonder.

Anyway, I did walk a bit today outside. Sunny and 80! Getting back up to 90 this weekend.

Made a meatloaf and froze it.

Wrote a poem and added it to my collection.

A friend stopped by with a small gift for my birthday. My birthday is tomorrow.

Worked on Bible study.

Watered the perennials.

Just relaxing tonight. Very tired.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did laundry and hung it out to dry. All lines were full! Had to bring 2 of the table cloths in after they were dry to finish hanging up the last little bit of wash.

Weeded then transplanted all 5 grape plants today. 2 purple and 3 white grapes.

Brought the dry wash in off the lines.

Cooked supper - salmon and a veggie medley with cheese.

I'm tired!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

At the funeral home and cemetery for almost 3 hours! My sister's ashes are now in one urn and Josh has decided on interring her in a niche in an outdoor columbarium. It was the least expensive option and is nice. O% interest for 60 months and once 75% is paid the interment can take place. Josh is going to pay the 75% in 6 months. Mom and I will chip in for the down payment.

That being taken care of I'm paying monthly for a pre-paid cremation, urn, flowers, small memorial room, etc. for myself.

Got my haircut and did 2 loads of laundry.

Went to Josh's after he got home from work to deliver the urn. We grabbed some Chinese takeout and I ate at his house.

A productive but sad day.

Night friends.

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK... I know it lifted a burden from your heart to be able to take care of your sister.

God bless you as you recover from all of that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I have had a pretty quiet 59th birthday.

I went back to eye clinic and had my glasses adjusted one more time. Stopped at library on the way home.

Did a load of laundry while I did my balance and back exercises.

Worked some on Bible study.

My BFF came over for some patio chatting. Warm but nice breeze to keep us cool.

I have several 9/11 documentaries recorded that I may watch tonight. Such a sad day and I am sure we all remember where we were on that day.

Gluten free pizza and salad and a bit of chocolate tonight. [Big Grin] Have a good book to finish, too.

Off to water outside a bit. So very dry.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Happy birthday again, hiker!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement