LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? Sept. 12, 2021 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? Sept. 12, 2021 2021
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good afternoon!!

I just popped in to open the new thread. I hope everyone is doing OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched our church service on YouTube.

Washed my sheets and remade the bed with them.

Talked to mom.

Worked on “walking with balance and head turning.” Still trying to get back to normal after the vertigo.

Will have to go back to eye center to get glasses adjusted again. Thought they were better but they are really rubbing my nose and creating a painful bump. Hope I can get it done tomorrow. This will be the 4th attempt to get it right.

Very hot out and winds are whipping. Probably not even worth watering the grass seed as it will just evaporate quickly.

Have a great week! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us started this week!

Hiker I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy birthday!

Josh and I have an appointment this Thursday to sign the paperwork for my sister's final resting place. He decided on the columbarium which is really nice.

Need to run a couple errands today. Washed and filled the hummingbird feeders so far this morning.

Time to get another cup of joe!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off to fold shoeboxes this morning!

Have a good day, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my balance exercises and back exercises.

But I felt really lousy today—off balance, toxic, and headache.

Made appointment for Wednesday to see GP Wednesday. Also got referral to go back to balance therapy. My therapist said she is booked for awhile, though.

Called ENT and for some reason he didn’t want to see me about possible sinus infection. He wanted all kind of tests done for Meniere’s and maybe MRI to check for vestibular tumor. Been there and done that 3 times with other doctors since Lyme. First time I have been disappointed with his office. Skipping those tests.

Former student who is now a carpet cleaner stopped to give me a estimate. Carpets will get cleaned Wednesday. Maybe that will end up helping my sinuses in the long run.

Just went to recycling center and put books in nearby library book drop. Hauled garbage to curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day.

Did laundry also.

Doing some extra cleaning because friends are coming tomorrow. First time to visit us here.

Will need to pick tomatoes and beans again tomorrow.

Some of the chickens are escaping their pen and they have discovered my one row of tomatoes near the strawberry beds.

I chased 3 of them away this afternoon, around the back of the barn. They eventually came around the other way, but the dog was trying to guard from that side! We'll need to figure out something to keep them in.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

UGH, hiker .. so sorry to hear that your balance is still so messed up. I hope you can find the answer soon.

Be sure to tell the carpet cleaner not to use fragrance .. nearly all of them do.

We got 240 boxes folded and they also already have the calendar pics and Bible verses on them in the inside lid. We had 6 people helping. It took us about 3 hours, but only 3 of us stayed for the last 45 min.

We will finish them up next week when we meet again.

Manna .. How are they getting out? No clue??

Hi, AK .. I hope you are getting plenty of hummingbirds!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning everyone! I just got the garbage can from the curb and noticed it's overcast today so I might wash the cars and vacuum them out. I'm trying to get things taken care of before my Mom's liver arterial mapping on the 28th and then within 2 weeks of that she'll have her radiation seed procedure.

Oh also I've started studying! Unfortunately I have a tendency to fall asleep while reading all the insurance courses. [Roll Eyes]

Manna chicken chasing counts as exercise! LOL!

Hiker praying for you!

TuTu way to go on getting that many boxes ready! Haven't seen any hummers yet and hope they're still around.

Back to watching HLN news.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Way to go on the studying. Keep it up!

Tutu--That is a lot of boxes. Good exercise!

I watched hummers this morning. I know they will migrate south soon.

Decided to cancel my mom's eye appointment. Still don't feel all that great and didn't want to risk infecting mom if I had germs.

So, I did go see my GP. She didn't think I still had an ear infection, but I sure feel toxic. So, my theory is that the germs have died and are making me feel crummy. Who knows?

Went to look at getting a new phone. Was looking at iphone 12 mini and they go on sale Friday when the iphone 13 comes out. Decided I would just replace the battery in my old phone and hope it keeps going awhile longer.

Att doesn't move the data from your old phone to your new phone anymore. You have to download an app for that. But it didn't make sense because I would trade in my old phone.

So, I go to an iphone doctor tomorrow for the battery.

They promised rain and possibly severe storms. They got it at Mom's but not here. So, I am glad I didn't take her to the eye doctor and deal with pouring rain, wind and hail.

Manna--hope those chickens are back to being prisoners again. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those chickens are escape artists! They FLY!! We have a 4 ft fence! But its on the side on a hill with the barn/shed at the bottom. So they go up on the hill and either fly over the fence at the bottom of the hill or fly up on the roof of the shed and the fly down from up there. Some are smart enough to go back in the way they came out.

So we may have to change their exit door from the barn to the back side of the barn and move the fence back there. Its more of a gentle slope without the hill for them to get a flying start from. I don't think they could get up on the roof from the back either.

Had a nice visit with our friends today. They were here for lunch. The men went for 4 wheeler rides up the mountain. We ladies walked around and looked at things from ground level!

Later a neighbor brought over 10 extra bales of hay so we have enough for sure this winter. I sent a loaf of bread along home with him.

Want to go pick beans and tomatoes tonight. And maybe dig a few more sweet potatoes.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker .. I think having the app means YOU get the responsibility, not them. A few years ago my company almost lost all of my photos.

We managed to retrieve them from the cloud. So I would find a way to download them to your computer whenever you do decide to change phones.

AK .. I would fall asleep too!! I fall asleep when listening/watching videos. Some voices put me right to sleep.

I'm playing phone tag with the company that distributes the CPAP machines locally. Mine is on recall because it can spew out damaging gases. Lovely, huh?

I've known about it for several months but couldn't give up using it. My doctor isn't concerned. He is still using his. (no thanks)

I will be relieved if I do indeed get the ResMed instead of the Philips. I no longer trust them. They have handled all of this VERY poorly.

I'm on a FB support group and the complaints are really over the top.

My hubby went to hit golf balls since we ate supper about 4 pm. So I spent the last hour cleaning. Oh joy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Spent 45 minutes last night watering the perennials. So dry here. Watered grass seed this morning. One spot has some growing but my other spot doesn’t.

My former student cleaned my carpets today. He used to be a financial advisor but decided he wanted to start his own business. He did a good job and gave me a discount.

And no fragrance, Tutu. Have to wear my socks with no shoes until totally dry and have lots of fans running.

Did my back exercises and balance exercises.

Sat at the table downstairs and spent a couple of hours on Bible study.

My iPhone needed a new battery and since that is so much cheaper than a new phone I opted for that. Dropped it off and picked it up 90 minutes later. Felt a bit naked without my phone, though. [Wink]

Made appointment to see ENT next week. While I don’t want to do all of the tests he recommended I do want my ear pressure checked. This is so similar to what happened at the start of Lyme and it took 10 years to get a diagnosis of Eustachian tube dysfunction. Ear tube really helped in right ear. This is the left.

Off to cook a chicken breast for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I treated the yard yesterday for fire ants, washed, vacuumed and wiped down the interior and windows of both cars. Showered, ate a quick snack and drove Mom and her BFF to an International Wives Club of Ft. Benning meeting.

While there learned that one of the ladies, who's in her 80's, twin daughters are in ICU with Covid. The daughter that lives here is a new friend of mine. Her name is Pam and her husband is also in ICU. They're sedated and intubated. The other daughter is in ICU in TN.

Please pray for them. Pam is such a sweet gal. Her health is not great and she has seizures and is on disability. We always planned on going to lunch or walking around downtown.

Today is a study day and I'm on my 3rd course but gave up. Studied quite a bit and my brain went on strike with the harder Irrevocable Trust course...sigh...

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Watered outside this morning. Tossed in some new grass seed as not much is growing in the spots where it is supposed to.

Had Bible study via zoom.

Went for the 5th time since midAugust to get my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece and part over the ears are too tight. Hopefully the fifth time is the charm. I specifically asked for the one optician that I know well.

Am feeling a bit better today. Not so toxic and have better balance, but am very tired. So, just going to chill out tonight.

AK--Hang in there with studying. Am sorry to hear about your friend with covid. Were they vaccinated? i don't wish Covid on anyone. Just wish more would get vaccinated and wear masks in indoor public places.

We have some hospitals in the southern part of our state with no ICU beds because they are all filled with Covid patients. Very low vaccine rate south of here. Now, I will get off my soap box. [Wink]

Tutu--Sure hope you can get a safe CPAP machine soon.

[ 09-16-2021, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baking day. Last two times sold all the bread, so added 3 extra loaves today.

One Daughter is making spaghetti sauce to can. It smells delicious in here!

The other daughter is baking cookies.

Hubby finished putting up the last wash line for me and then tightened up the others and reattached the one that fell down.

Two of the children went shopping this morning. Son had an appointment to get his vehicle inspected. Needed to buy a part to pass inspection. Got everything accomplished in one day!

My extra saffron bulbs came today. Planted them this afternoon. Still a bit of extra room at the end of the bed so one of my Moonflowers is now living there!

I have a batch of salsa mixed up and waiting in the fridge to be canned tomorrow. Thought I might have time today....... no such luck.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thank you all for the prayers. My friend isn't vaccinated and hope her and her hubs and sister will make it.

Today I took Mom for her GP appointment and had her blood drawn and a urine specimen taken. Got refills for her meds and afterwards dropped her off at her BFF's house. She stayed there for dinner and a visit.

While she was there I went to Josh's and we rode together to sign all the paperwork at the Cemetery for my sister's internment.

Also signed my paperwork for my prepaid (monthly life insurance) cremation, memorial service, etc. So relieved to take care of things.

My Mom has a prepaid plan there also that had some errors in the paperwork so hopefully straightened that out.

Josh and I had Mexican takeout.

Manna I have some over ripe bananas so I'll be baking some bread and also my pears are getting to soft so will cook those to for a topping for ice cream.

Hiker glad you're feeling better! Our hospitals have about 100 Covid patients according to my Mom's GP. It's very sad.

No studying today but plan on cramming tomorrow.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--You are cranking out the bread and other goodies. Salsa sounds wonderful!

I went to the grocery store today. Got mainly produce and some meat. Even skipped the chip aisle and the ice cream aisle. [Big Grin]

Felt well enough to do my back exercises and all my balance exercises including the ones that require a lot of heading turning. Those were tough, though.

Did a little bit of yardwork. I notice my eustachian tube dysfunction is back in a major way.(high ear pressure and ear popping all the time) Earlier in the summer my ear pressure was normal and the ENT said no need for another ear tube. I was shocked and figured it wouldn't last.

I think the ear tube had just fallen out when I last had the pressure measured and the new ear drum was so thin or maybe had a tiny hole in it so the eustachian tube worked for awhile. Wish I could have seen MD today, but have to wait until next Thursday.

Paid bills. Talked to mom for a long time.

Need to water the grass seed again.

Watching Illini football on TV later this evening. They aren't very good, but I support my alma mater.

Have a great evening1 [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Studied most of the afternoon. Finished one course, so 3 down and one more to go. The last one will take at least 2 days to complete and that's being optimistic.

Went to an outdoor concert downtown that was from 7-10. I enjoyed it but am wiped out from the heat.

Hiker way to go on all the exercises!

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--You are going great guns on the studying!

I overdid it yesterday with the exercise. Very off balance last night and not super today.

So, today I just watered outside and did a load of laundry.

Worked quite a bit on Bible study.

Gabbed with my BFF and then took a nap.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Took 15 cuttings from my geraniums today. Hoping to have a lot to plant next year.

Picked the beans again. A household bucket full. Also dug a bucket of potatoes. We started digging sweet potatoes this week. The biggest one so far weighs a tad over 4 lbs!

Brought all the dry wash in and got some of it folded.

The boys moved the chicken fence to allow the guineas free access to the property. Now they need to capture all the escaped chickens and put them in the pen. Waiting till dark and they go to bed is the best time to catch them.

The dog is in the house so she can't go 'help' catch chickens. She's a mess! She loves stalking them and usually doesn't try catching them unless they are in the barn.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

All I did today was run to the grocery store for a few things. Mom and I binge watched a Chinese historical drama on Amazon. I think it has 80 something episodes. We just finished #9.

Decided to give my brain a break! Feel a bit guilty for all the down time but enjoyed watching something my Mom likes.

Hiker I'm glad you took a break today too!

Manna that's cute about your dog. I bet the chickens don't like it though.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement