LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise--What you CAN do today. September 19

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise--What you CAN do today. September 19
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go for another week of exercise. [woohoo]

Come join our friendly thread where we encourage each other to get out and move.

Are you harvesting your garden, getting that rake ready for leaf raking, vacuuming, doing laundry?

Almost any kind of movement counts. So, tell us about your exercise or just chat about your day!

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched my local church service on YouTube.

Did a load of laundry.

Pulled the dying impatiens and petunias out of their pots and put the pots in the garage for next year. Squirrels have been digging in the pots and getting soil all over the patio, so decided it was time for cleanup!

90 and humid here today. Supposedly by Tuesday highs will be in the 60’s. I am not ready to put away my shorts and t-shirts, yet, though.

Took my recycling to the bins at nearby grocery store.

Stopped at library and grabbed 3 books plus a movie to watch tonight.

Called mom and chatted a long time.

Am reading now with football on mute.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for starting us out for the week!

I had a cooking and baking day. Used the over ripe bananas and made almost 3 dozen muffins. Cooked the pears in butter, brown sugar and spices and used it as a topping for a rice flour cake.

Baked teriyaki ribs, made brown rice, cucumber salad and pre-made green bean tempura for dinner. Josh came for dinner and we had a great time.

He ordered a new cellphone from Amazon while here and I had to cheer him up a bit because it was pricey. He doesn't like to update his tech stuff to often because of the exorbitant prices. Always coming out with something new every year.

What happened to the days of owning something for 10-20 years?

Hiker I'm envious of the cooler weather heading your way. Send some south please!

Getting my teeth cleaned for the first time since November 2019! I feel sorry for my dental hygienist. My dentist is about 45 minutes from me so I'll do some grocery shopping while there because they're cheaper in AL. Also will gas up my Mom's car.

So off to bed and see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK-Those muffins and the teriyaki ribs sound great. Hope the dental visit went fine.

Did my back exercises today.

Worked on Bible study.

Called mom and spent a lot of time going over her upcoming appointments. Her physical therapy and her hair cut are cancelled this week at her retirement center. They share the therapist and stylist with the next door nursing home and the nursing home has quite a few cases of covid right now.

Filled out my assessment sheet for balance therapy tomorrow. Not looking forward to this appointment. I don’t mind the exercises but the assessment is 90 minutes and last time left me very discombobulated.

Ear pressure is sky high. Weather change doesn’t help. Sure hope all I need is an ear tube to make this better. Don’t want a lot of other tests. But have to wait until Thursday for ENT.

Chattted a long time with my neighbor. Our power went three times this morning and it hasn’t started storming, yet.

Had some great local organic peaches with vanilla yogurt for lunch. Leftover meatloaf tonight with salad and asparagus.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day. 28 loaves of bread.

Did most of the laundry too, as its supposed to rain the next 3 days. Left the towels for tomorrow as they are softer coming out of the dryer than line dried. (Unless its a very windy day!)

Hubby & the boys dug the rest of the potatoes after supper.

I picked the beans and tomatoes and dug another basket of sweet potatoes. Also picked a crate of winter squash.

There are still a few chickens escaping their pen. Haven't managed to see how they are escaping.

Gabbed on the phone with my brother, my sis-in-law, a friend, and my son today.

AK, your cooking & baking sounds yummy!

Hiker, hope your appointment goes okay and you don't get too discombobulated. That is no fun.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My teeth are finally clean! Yay! I need about $3,000 worth of dental work. I have some cavities and some resin fillings have come off so the plan is to do this in 3 stages. I don't have insurance so will use a Care Credit card. 12 months same as cash so I'm going to be struggling financially. I just bought my prepaid cremation/memorial plan too!

The back molar that I broke recently is going to have to be built up and needs a crown. That's the most expensive part of the plan.

Ugh, wish I was working but I'll make due.

Afterwards I shopped at one of my old favorite consignment shops in AL and bought a pair of extra stretchy and comfy jeans. They're distressed and even when I lose weight I can just put on a belt and they'll still look fab!

From there it was mega grocery shopping at my old fav store. Had bags and bags of groceries for just $150!

Hiker hope you'll be OK at the assessment. I had some dizziness being reclined at the dentist office today. Sure don't like having vertigo! BTW, your lunch and dinner sounds amazing! I love peaches and everything you're having for dinner!

Manna I don't know how you can bake all that wonderful bread and work in your garden too! BTW I have 3 pods on my moonflower! It's been raining almost every day down here so they haven't bloomed yet. We can't wait to see them!

Time to goof off and head for the bed. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--So sorry you need to have work done on your teeth. So expensive!

Manna--you are like the energizer bunny. You keep on going and going! [Big Grin]

Lymetoo said she might take a few weeks off from posting but nothing is wrong, so don't worry if she doesn't post this week.

Had my balance assessment today. I actually did pretty well on most of the tests, because I have kept up on the exercises. The ones that require head turning were tough. And after an hour of evaluation I was mentally, vestibularly and physically fried. [dizzy]

So, I have some simple exercises for head turning. Don't even have to get off the sofa to do them but will also do my other balance exercises.

The therapist suggested she test me for horizontal canal bppv Friday. Oh joy. I tested myself this afternoon and didn't get vertigo but she will put the special glasses on me and check for nystagmus.

Hamburgers for dinner again. Too worn out to make anything complicated.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was cloudy and then late afternoon began to drizzle. Its raining lightly now.

I got the rest of my tomatoes picked. They are on the downhill side of production.

Washed the potatoes they dug yesterday. Carefully boxed up most of the sweet potatoes for winter. Saved the huge 4 lb one. I'm guessing it will be more than we will eat at one meal.

This afternoon hubby and sonny pressure washed the deck. Looks much better.

Washed 2 loads of towels and dried them in the dryer.

Made a chicken rice casserole for supper. Added peas & carrots to make a full one dish meal in the oven. Turned out good except I should have added a bit more salt.

Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Went to library to update info. Scheduled my CE tests for this Thursday. Did some grocery shopping and then home to do 2 loads of laundry.

I've been cramming like crazy since I got home and it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm only half way through my last course. I should be able to finish tomorrow and then go over all 4 courses before my tests.

Problems with washer, think it's not level. I'm not sure but it's on the back burner for now.

I'm heading for some much deserved shut eye!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna—That is one big tater tot! [Big Grin]

AK-Wow! Taking the tests already. You went to warp speed on that studying. Good luck on the tests tomorrow.

It is jeans and sweatshirt weather here now. In the low 60’s and very windy.

I did my balance exercises and back exercises.

Talked to mom.

Worked on Bible study so I am ready for the group tomorrow.

Got my hair cut. I have short hair and it had been over two months since my last cut. Feel much lighter now. [Wink]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

That is one huge sweet potato Manna!

My brain is rebelling Hiker! 2 days of cramming! Ugh!

Guess what guys! My Moonflower bloomed tonight! Me and my little Mom went out there and admired the delicate single white bloom. So pretty under the city streetlight. I took pictures! [Big Grin]

So very happy to share it with my Mom!

Blood work in the morning and my 4 tests in the afternoon. Going to be a busy day!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

So happy for you AK! What did you think of the fragrance of the moonflower? My big one that decided to plant its self, by growing its roots right out the bottom of the pot into the ground, it blooming multiple blossoms every night. More than the plants I had actually planted in the ground and watered and fertilized!!

Canned a big batch of spaghetti sauce yesterday.

Stepped off the space for remodeling the one shed to make it more accessible for the mowers and 4 wheelers. Still in the future but never hurts to start dreaming and planning.

The late planted sunflowers have buds on them! Hopefully they can mature so we have seed for the birds this winter. Lots of cardinals, some blue jays, nuthatches, woodpeckers and chickadees.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went grocery shopping this morning.

Made spaghetti sauce and froze most.

Went to ENT this afternoon. Even though the ear pressure test was normal he put back in an ear tube on the right side. Had one there for 8 years until it fell out this summer. If it works I may get one on the left side in a few months.

Since I skipped the morning Bible study group I will join the evening group. Same study and same leader.

[ 09-23-2021, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

They have a fragrance Manna? I didn't think to check.

Hiker I sure hope the ear tube will help with your vertigo.

I passed all 4 tests and I'm already in my jammies and trying to unwind by watching some TV. Might have to stream a movie.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Oh, yes, they do have a very lovely fragrance. I wish I had a perfume like it or an air freshener!

Today was baking day again.

Also picked the beans again.

Daughter built a hay rack for the goats this afternoon.

The boys managed to get a path for the 4 wheelers up to the pear trees. One of them picked up a bunch of fallen pears. The pears are so high they can't reach them, nor are any branches low enough to climb.

The pears are battered and bruised, so I'll make a batch of pear butter. Like apple butter, only using pears instead.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna—pears? Yummy!

AK-Congrats on passing the tests. [woohoo]

Went to vestibular therapy today and had so many myoclonic seizures we had to stop midsession. I took Flonase two days in a row and I am blaming it for the toxic feeling and myoclonus.

I was able to do my regular balance exercises at home and my back exercises. The exercises therapist is giving me involve a lot of head turning. She said to put those on hold until myoclonus calms down.

Washed sheets and put back on bed. Added a light blanket as it is getting in the 40’s at night.

Going to relax with a book tonight. Hoping for rain tonight but it may pass us by. I haven’t been out to water lately because it is so windy it just evaporates quickly.

Have a good evening. [hi]

[ 09-24-2021, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Pear butter sounds divine! I bought apple butter the other day for my Mom.

Hiker I hope you're going to be OK!

After taking Mom for some bloodwork we came home and binge watched more of the same Chinese historical drama. We are hooked and spent the whole day watching. I've got pretty bad eye strain from studying online for days and now watching TV on top of that.

Tomorrow I'll do a bit of yardwork and will attempt to level the washer. I'm hoping that's the only thing wrong. Also I need to take apart a shelf in the laundry room that was damaged from antifreeze leaking all over the place and clean up that mess.

That's my plan!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did a load of laundry this morning.

Baked salmon for lunch with veggie and sweet potato.

Filled the bird feeders and made more nectar for the hummingbird feeder. Think they will soon be on their journey south, though.

Did one set of vestibular exercises and have another to go. Feel a bit better than yesterday but ear pressure still high. So am wondering if it is something other than eustachian tube dysfunction. Usually the ear tube works right away.

But, I need to give a few more days. Perhaps eustachian tubes are inflamed. Can't take Flonase again so took some Alleve instead to try and get rid of any inflammation.

Took a short nap this afternoon.

Am watching Illini football. Have a good mystery novel to read tonight or watch a Hallmark flick.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Bought another washer hose since I cut the other one too short. Went to Home Depot looking for shelves and am going to try the thrift store instead. Bought some beautiful flowers today for the 4 planters in the carport for my Mom. She loves them. I wanted something cheerful for her to see when I bring her home next week after her arterial study.

Trimmed bushes, treated yard again for fire ants, took the damaged shelf apart and cleaned all the antifreeze off everything on the shelf. Put the new hose on and leveled the washer. Alas it still made a horrible banging noise on the spin cycle so the clothes are on the clothesline. I'm going to try and find a repairman. Mom said we can just buy one but I like our washer and hope it's not to pricey to repair.

Everything is in the carport. BTW, I tripped over a brick while carrying stuff into the carport and am pretty banged up and hurt in too many places to mention. I landed on concrete and am so glad I didn't have to go to the ER. Scared my Mom badly. So I'm super medicated and rubbed down with Voltaren and Lidocaine. Sheesh!

Hiker I sure hope your ear gets better! Your lunch sounds amazing!

Well, back to watching TV. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement