LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you CAN do today. Sept. 26

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you CAN do today. Sept. 26
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread for the week. [woohoo]

Now that it autumn perhaps you are getting ready to rake leaves or pulling up the garden? Are you doing some fall cleaning like window washing or just enjoying a walk outside?

Join us as we encourage each other to move and just chat about our day.

Have a super week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the National Cathedral Church service today.

Did a load of laundry.

Exercised by lips and vocal cords by talking to my mom and my BFF.

Did my vestibular exercises.

Watching a little bit of football and am reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Hiker for getting us going for the week! How's the dizziness? I'm still sleeping elevated on 2 pillows.

I made pan fried pork cutlets, pinto beans, kale and cornbread for dinner. Just store bought cheese bear claws and ice cream for dessert.

I'm pretty sore and black and blue from tripping yesterday. Hoping to be better by Tuesday to take my Mom to ATL. Thinking about going to the gym to sit in the sauna and see if that'll help.

Time to rest. See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Not so much dizzy anymore as having ear fullness/high ear pressure. Can't bend over much or move my head side to side well. Lots of my small seizures. [cussing]

AK—Move those bricks. Can’t have you falling! Does sound like the washer needs to be leveled. Maybe try it again. Also, have you ever thought about buying metal hoses for washer? They don’t wear out.

Praying for your mom’s procedure tomorrow and for safe travel.

I did my back exercises, balance exercises and vestibular target exercises.

Weeded around my mailbox and when I was done I realized I have no grass there. Only dirt. Will put down grass seed when weather is better. 90 and very windy today.

Cooking a chicken breast for dinner with green beans and tossed salad.

At some point I need to take out recycling and garbage.

[ 09-27-2021, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it's not vertigo Hiker but the seizures have me worried. Please be careful! I'll have to chisel out those bricks but it's on my list for this week.

Thank you for the prayers, we need them.

Went to 2 pharmacies for my Mom. The one I picked up at Ft. Benning had about a 2 hour wait. Gassed up the car and the tires and fluid levels checked.

Picked up some buttons and hook and eyes from the fabric store.

Now trying to unwind and get some sleep.

See everyone tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--How did you mom's procedure go?

Talked to my brother this morning and he says he needs major back surgery. He is getting a second opinion and says he is in no hurry. I see how he walks and hope he hurries up! I don't want him to have permanent nerve damage.

I dragged the hose all over the yard to water today.

Dug up the golden rod as it grows to big for the space it is in. Decided I didn't like it enough to even transplant it.

Went to the library and loaded up on books.

Took a nap this afternoon and it morphed from a 20 minute power nap to a 90 minute hard sleep. Hope I sleep tonight.

Made the mistake of trying to clear sinuses with a few sniff of eucalyptus essential oil. Wow. that made me dizzy.

I think allergies and sinuses clogging are a huge problem for me and I suspect the last sinus infection I had caused the vertigo. But I can't seem to handle nasal steroids, Nasalcrom, or even antihistamines. Sigh.

Have done one set of vestibular exercises and need to do another set.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put potatoes in old pillow cases and in the washer. Ran it through the rinse and spin cycle to wash them. They aren't keeping very well, so I want to cut them up and blanch and freeze them.

The kids are still escaping the pasture and eating my strawberry plants. The fence is shocking a little better, but still not enough. Sonny said it is shocking! He tried to keep a kitten from touching the fence and accidently shocked both himself & the kitten.

Picked the rest of the tomatoes today. Have about a milk crate full. This will be a batch of pizza sauce.

Hubby & Sonny finished building the deck this afternoon!

Watch out for bricks, AK! I need to get the rest of the bricks in to edge my saffron bed.

Hope your sinuses soon clear up Hiker.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! My Mom's arterial study went well so now we're just waiting to find out what day her radioembolism is. Left at 7:00 this morning and home by 6:30.

Josh was here with pizza when we got home. He's a huge blessing for us. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Mom has to take it easy for a couple days with no lifting over 5 lbs for about a week. So we might be binge watching more Chinese historical dramas.

Hiker sure hope your brother takes care of himself! Also hope you get a handle on the sinus issue. Mine plaqued me for years but not since I'm on all the antihistamines. If I do feel stuffy it's related to my old neck injury that causes a knot in the back of my neck. I think it's causing swelling and cutting off my blood flow or something.

Manna poor Sonny and kittie! I laughed when I read how you wash potatoes because with my messed up spin cycle they'd turn out mashed! I have someone coming in the morning to hopefully repair it.

Off to unwind!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

After feeling better yesterday it was back to very high ear pressure again today. So, I ditched my plans for trimming low bushes.

Did my back exercises, my regular balance exercises and my new vestibular exercises.

Did go to Walgreens to get a few items.

Talked to mom.

My very reliable long time cleaning lady told me that her last cleaning will be next week. She is changing professions to drive a local transit bus.

So, I have spent a large part of the day making phone calls to set up times to meet cleaners and get estimates. Have 3 estimates lined up and hope the price for a once a month cleaning is reasonable.

Need to go water a bit outside. Have a great evening.

And AK—I need a “Josh” in my life. May I borrow your nephew? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

The hvac/appliance guy came out and changed the shocks in the washer. I'll give it a test run tomorrow.

I've been tired today so all I did was move the dryer, freezer and new shelf and put everything back into the laundry room.

Mom made sushi for dinner so I didn't even have to cook today.

Hiker I hate you're losing your house cleaner. Does she know anyone that cleans? I used to clean house and when I moved to Alaska I recommended someone. Hope you can find one. BTW, you can borrow Josh anytime!

I'm heading to bed. Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-I can just picture your potato’s in the washer. Lol

Had Bible study this morning.

Got an estimate from one house cleaner this morning. She’s came sans mask and is not covid vaccinated but says she plans to get vaccinated. Very reasonable rate. I have several more estimates to get still.

Watered outside.

Went to vestibular therapy. This session was so much better than last week. She gave me new exercises but hopefully I can make quick progress.

Stopped at chiropractor to pick up a supplement that is supposed to be a natural antihistamine to see if that helps my Eustachian tube issues. Got the last bottle and there is only enough to last about a week as you take more capsules the first few days. If it works I can order online. Say a prayer! I so need relief.

Chiropractor had texted me out of the blue about another patient she has who has Lyme who is going for treatment in Mexico. Don’t think I am interested in that clinic but nice of her text and then I asked what might help my ears and she suggested the supplement. I go back tomorrow for an adjustment.

Too tired to go grocery shopping so putting it off until tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day.

Late afternoon I washed a load of table cloths and another of towels. Hung them out to dry. They will stay out overnight.

Also finished digging the first row of sweet potatoes. Got 2 crates full from less than half a row. Started digging the second row.

Dug the last of the early carrots and found a yellow beet growing under some weeds.

Hubby and Sonny put up a flood light above the back porch. Should shine out to the barn and where the vehicles are parked.

The boys and Hubby burned the big trash pile this afternoon.

Sonny worked at organizing the one shed so he can store the extra 4 wheeler parts in it.

Daughter baked 2 apple pies - even made the crust - a first for her! We are waiting for them to come out of the oven. Yummy! Someone gave us a bag of apples - home grown, no pesticides.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Washed my Mom's sheets and changed her bedding. The washer is working! Yay!

Mom and I binge watched our Chinese historical drama all day!

Leftovers for dinner. She's recovered nicely from her procedure on Tuesday.

Good news that you're feeling better Hiker. I put off going to the post office today so that's on my list for tomorrow.

You're a gardening machine Manna! Those apple pies sound so good! My sister was the baker in the family. I sure miss her homemade bread!

Off to read myself to sleep!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Homemade apple pie? Sign me up!

Ak--Glad your washer is up and running.

Felt awful again today. Not sure if it is the new supplement I am taking or just a bad day.

Went grocery shopping.

Went ahead and did my back exercises, regular balance exercises and one set of vestibular exercises. Have one more set of vestibular exercises to do, but the head turning is getting to me.

Interviewed another house cleaner. Way too expensive. Have another one coming Monday and hope she is the one! If not, I will expand my list and call other potential cleaners.

Went to chiropractor. It's been a long time but with the vertigo and whatever ear issues I have I haven't felt like going. Waiting for manipulation to set before I even think about head turning exercises.

Off to do the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

Easy dinner tonight with gluten free pizza and a salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took care of online bills and ran some errands for my Mom. She's not feeling well today and said she has no energy. Hoping she'll feel better before her upcoming treatment.

Washed my bedding and another load of clothes. Washer is working great!

Hiker I sure hope you get to feeling better! Your pizza and salad for dinner sounds great! We had leftover porkchops and rice.

Back to my movie!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Laundry day - lots of it! Had my wash lines completely full. Even had to bring some in after it was dry to hang the last of it out. Had four pieces that I hung over the edges of the basket, that didn't fit on the line. Everything dried nicely and its mostly folded. Still have the towels to fold.

Hubby did some more mowing today, then sharpened the blades so it cuts better. Went and mowed some more afterwards.

Sonny helped Hubby drag a log out of the weeds. Discovered another yellow jacket nest. Nobody got stung this time.

We had mashed potatoes, ham & gravy, green beans for supper and apple pie & ice cream for dessert.

Ak, so nice when the washer is working!! Hope your mom soon feels better. Has your moonflower had any more blossoms yet? My unplanted one has really been going to town with blossoms! Up to 4 -5 almost every night. The planted plants are not blooming very much at all. The one only had one blossom. It does have a seed pod!

Hiker, hope you are soon feeling good again too.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Hope this is the last yellow jacket nest you find for awhile. We have the stink bug plague here.

AK-When is your mom's next procedure? Hope she regains her energy soon.

Raining this morning so it was a good day to sleep in late. Love the sound of a gentle rain. Supposed to rain more tonight and tomorrow. We sure need it.

Talked to one of mom's friends and I think they are going to go get the Covid booster shot on Wednesday. At some point the retirement center will offer it but that hasn't happened, yet. Up to 29 cases of Covid in the nursing home. Only a door separates the nursing home from mom's independent living.

Did a load of laundry.

Did my vestibular exercises.

Worked on Bible study.

Watched Illini football. They actually won for a change.

Plan to read and be lazy the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Picked the beans for the last time today. Got enough for a meal.

Pick tomatoes and have a kettle of pizza sauce simmering on the stove.

Hubby and the boys ran electric wire to the barn. Now there is light in the barn! We also got a fence charger to plug in and it has a harder shock than the solar powered one! So hopefully those goats will decide the pasture is the place to be!

Hiker, rain would be nice here too, though the lovely weather we've been having is very nice too. I watered my impatiens as they were drooping.

Washed our bedding and getting flannel sheets out. Its getting chilly at night. We haven't started the furnace yet as we still need a part for it. We do have heaters in each room we can light, if we need heat.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement